PDA

View Full Version : Redline

RoadBuster
August 23rd, 2011, 01:17 AM

I've been seeing a few things here and there about this movie, so I decided to check it out over the weekend.

Holy Shit.

It's been a long time since I've seen something like this. The animation is mind boggling, the characters and animation completely over the top, and the music is badassed. It really reminds me of the early days of me getting into anime. Akira, Vampire Hunter D, things like that; where it was about creating a world so full of imagination, it makes you feel like a kid again.

The basics of the story is that it is about a racer named JP. Every few years, there's an intergalactic race known as the RedLine. It's anything goes for a chance to be the best. The presentation is a lot like if you injected TTGL into Speed Racer.

Really, if you get the chance, give it a whirl. It won't be for everyone, but it will at least give you some stunning visuals if nothing else.

Five_X
August 23rd, 2011, 03:02 AM
I heard about this when it first aired in Japan, and I wanted to check it out once it got on the internet. I guess I'll do that now, thanks for reminding me about it!

ItsaRandomUsername
August 23rd, 2011, 03:21 AM
Roadbuster, you're awesome for seeing this and starting this thread.

This movie rocked. 'nuff said.

geenius3ab
August 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
The movie was really damn cool. The style was great and really felt nice, and don't get me started on the driving sequences.
The only thing I didn't like was the sudden ending,
I mean the whole machineworld was kind of fucked up, but the movie ended with JP just hovering above the finish line, confessing, and kissing, and quite literally in the same minute, it was ''The End'', and credits started to roll.

RoadBuster
August 23rd, 2011, 05:03 AM
Er, I'd use some spoiler tags there just to be sure, man.

Also, I heard this movie was in production for 7 years. That's gotta get them rearin to get it finished ASAP, lol.

geenius3ab
August 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
As you wish.. But honestly, you can easily tell how this movie will end the sec you started watching it.. So unless I went into specifics, I don't think that I spoiled it for anyone.. But as you wish.

I3uster
August 27th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I finished it right now, and just wanted to say MACHINE HEEAAAAD

ItsaRandomUsername
August 27th, 2011, 10:28 PM
The soundtrack was incredible, and the Old Mechanic was just plain awesome at the end.

RoadBuster
August 30th, 2011, 03:22 AM
...I want to live the lives of Lynchman and JohnnyBoy.

terraablaze
September 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
This movie is so crazy.

The ending felt a little unsatisfying, it just sort of stops. What happened to the two biological weapons duking it out?

Sherrinford
September 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah it felt like... it could have been expanded its story a bit more, and not just in the ending.

But I can't say this vagueness ruined the movie for me.

terraablaze
September 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
The vagueness at the end didn't bug me as much as the feeling it resulted from them simply running out of time/money. Seriously wish we could have saw more of the other racers and planets.

Sherrinford
September 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Overall, I agree. But I think that Redline's purpose was more to entertain than to "create a 'verse", if you get what I mean.

Yes, a little more of "expanded universe" in-scenes would have been better, but I still enjoyed it very much. I can't say they screwed up.

terraablaze
September 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I don't even mean making a verse, I would have liked some more character development in general. Though high adrenaline nonsense racing nonsense was good to

Sherrinford
September 30th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Ok, now I see and agree. But again, Redline's purpose (and style) was obvious even from the trailers, so I can't say that Redline lied to me.

Of course, character (and plot) development is always welcomed, and indeed their presence would ahve improved Redline, but their abscence didn't ruin the movie for me at all.