PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Beyond Fantasy (a Fate/stay Night and Anima: Beyond Fantasy Crossover)

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Fate/Beyond Fantasy
Story idea by Xamusel

---

Disclaimer: I own nothing whatsoever except for the idea of how this one story would turn out.

A/N: Well, this is a strange Crossover if I can even say that about my own work, but since thereís no section for what this is crossed over with, Iíll have to be content with posting this solely in the Fate/stay Night section, but with the warning to those that hate crossovers that this is a crossover.

Now, this ought to be interesting, so letís see how the fantasy of a lifetime will get started now.

---

Prologue

---

Flames... destruction of an entire area of town. That was my first real memory in my re-forged life... my life forged in the fires of a pseudo-Hell.

I had walked from one part of the area to another, seeing all the dead bodies around me, and feeling that I was the biggest case of survivor all around. I don't remember anything of my previous life, but I know one thing: My given name is Shirou, and I was named that by whoever were my parents beforehand.

Soon, I tripped over a body, and fell onto the ashen ground. I turned myself upright, facing the burning sky, and saw a face over me. The face belonged to a man, but the man was also at his last legs, because he inserted something within me, though I don't know what or how, and fell atop me and died. I could feel his warmth flee the rest of the way, then not knowing that he had died, and would stay dead.

As I was about to drift into what I thought would be my end, I heard footsteps in the distance, possibly other survivors, I first thought. That was when I heard voices in a foreign language, possibly a language that hadn't been heard in a long time. As the voices came my way, I could tell that they were looking for something, or someone, for that matter.

I heard a strange voice that, strangely enough, was in Japanese, "Damn... another dead pile, and nothing like what we're looking for with the pile, either."

"Wait, Number 25," I heard a man say, but I didn't understand what was said until later, "The boy's alive! He also has The Gift, and something is trying to heal him as we speak."

I try to get a glimpse at the man who said that, but the man from earlier who landed on top of me had blocked my view in that direction. Then, as if I was about to die, my world faded to black as my eyes closed for what I thought was my final time.

---

My life had been, shall we say, blessed by the fact that I was saved that cold day from the brink of death. My new father (for that's what he is to me) had been a man to enforce education upon me, so that I would know what to do with my life for when I got out of The Great University, but that was soon changed when I learned something important about the man I call my father.

---

A ten-year old Shirou Giovanni was traveling to his classes during the break before 5th Period when he overheard a seemingly idle conversation held between two of the staff. Normally this wouldn't be important to him, but the subject of the conversation was interesting, to say the least.

"Young Shirou sure has gotten good in his studies, hasn't he? I wonder if he'll be one of the Crows, Professor Nebilim?" spoke up one of Shirous' professors, Professor Balfour.

"I don't think it would be good to reveal to him the existence of Wissenschaft, especially since he doesn't know that his father is the head of our organization, so we'll wait for until he learns about it on his own or from his father."

This had stunned Shirou, for a good reason: He had heard of Wissenschaft from a friend before, but he didn't know that it was led by his father of all people! Apparently he needed answers, and fast, before the whole way his life went was turned upside-down!

"Shirou?" came the voice of Lucanor Giovanni, the man recognized as Shirou's father, "You're going to be late for your next class if you don't hurry..."

Whatever the head of the Principality of Lucrecio and founder of the University and Wissenschaft was going to say next was stopped in his mind when Shirou kicked him in the knee and yelled, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TRUST ME TO KNOW YOUR SECRETS?!" With that, Shirou ran off and out of the University.

The next thing Shirou recognized when he stopped running was a field outside of the area, but still within the border of Lucrecio. He then realized that this was an area where a man named Loctus Khan Scharzwald would usually appear if someone was in need of a life-changing wish. Using this to his advantage, he did the one thing he knew best with his power, which had been classified under a different type of power than The Gift:

"Trace on!"

Forming a simple dagger in his right hand, he then thought of the best way to get Schwarzwald to appear, which was by stabbing himself in the left lung. Just before he could accomplish this objective, however...

"What good would killing yourself do for you, young man?"

Shirou spun around, shocked that he actually got someone to come that fast, but what was more shocking was that it was actually Doctor Schwarzwald! He didn't know how to classify it, but he thought the man would be more reminiscent of the era, not wearing an actual Lab Coat or anything that would be a few decades in advance.

"Doctor, I have a desire, hence why I was trying to do what I needed to do to bring you out like this," Shirou stated, not sure how best to word the next thing he was going to say.

"Yes? What is this desire?"

Sighing, Shirou realized that he had to say it now instead of never. With a determination he never knew he had, he said, "I want to have my father, Lucanor Giovanni, trust me with his secrets, and to let me help him in what he's trying to do."

Confused, Loctus didn't know what to do with the situation. On the one hand, he could tell that this boy was not really Lucanor's son, as Lucanor never had children when he last saw him before leaving 8 years ago with the secret to The Process destroyed except in him, but the way the boy said it was so truthful, it wasn't even funny. On the other hand, he knew that Lucanor would never freely part with his secrets, but it seemed that this boy found out the hard way about Lucanors' involvement in Wissenschaft. Seeing this being a conundrum, he decided it was high time he returned to his student, with his adopted son, apparently.

"Well, I'll do what I can, but you don't have to kill yourself to get my attention in the future. In the meantime, it's back to the University we go, young one." Turning to head off to the University, he then remembered that he didn't get his name, so, turning his head back, he asked, "By the way, what is your name, anyway?"

Shirou, deciding to follow after Loctus Khan Schwarzwald, said, "Its Shirou. Shirou Giovanni."

---

Ever since that day, I was deeply involved in the organization, and I soon learned why father never told me about his involvement: The whole fatherhood thing was hard for him to figure out, despite him being a genius, and he felt it best to keep that aspect of his life a secret for until I was old enough to handle it. Not that it did much good, but he felt it was for my benefit first and foremost, so he didn't have hate coming his way from me all that long.

Even so, the fact that I brought back his old friend and teacher was an accomplishment that he never thought possible, so he did the one thing that was beneficial for me in that situation: He made me one of his higher-ups over the Crows. Of course, I needed to go through The Process at some point, so I went through it rather quickly after the new position. It was determined that I had to go through the whole measure of it, but only because I was able to heal wounds regarding the wrong effects for one reason or another.

In short, I was the best success in the field, ever.

As I walked to my next class, where I was trying to learn how to create a TV of all things, I heard Professor Schwarzwald say, "Ah, just a moment, Shirou, Lucanor has something he wants me to tell you in my office."

Well, considering that his office was across the hall from my class, I obliged, and, upon entering his office, I closed the door behind me and asked, "So, Professor, what does my father want of me this time? Do I have to find more Lost Logia?"

Hearing Professor Schwarzwald chuckle, I wondered if it was something I said. However, my fear was put aside when he said, "Not this time, Shirou. You see, in an alternate world that was accidentally found by your father and his men back 10 years ago, we discovered a great fire had occurred and a massive amount of Zeonic energy that had accumulated over the years had been pegged as the cause of the fire, at least after the Zeon itself was broken apart. The fire was so massive; it destroyed a few city blocks, all heavily populated for a city of that size. What we know is that there were no survivors..."

"No survivors? Then why is this so important?" I asked, not sure what the big deal was, due to seeing such hopeless situations caused by other organizations before. If anything, after learning about the group Imperium, I realized that such groups needed to be eradicated, and humanity freed from the grips of said groups, with Wissenschaft the group that frees the world.

"No survivors, that is, except you, Shirou," explained Professor Schwarzwald, which made me gape in disbelief. Had I remembered anything of my life prior to waking up in father's mansion in Du'Lucart, the capital of Lucrecio, I would've been able to believe Professor Schwarzwald, but nothing would let me believe him at all...

As if he knew what I was thinking, which he could probably do, he extracted a folder from his desk and handed it to me. "Here," he said, "I believe this would be the best way to convince you of the truth. Be warned, however, this was done as a part of a research study on you to determine how you used The Gift among other things."

When I opened the folder, the first thing I saw in it were the words "The Shirou Giovanni Raising Project", meaning that he saw me as his case by case project to determine how much of a parent he'd be. Underneath the words, however, I saw several crossed out words that were replaced eventually by "or my attempts at Fatherhood". Seeing that this was the most recent change, and that it was done 6 years ago, I could assume he felt the need to assure everyone looking in the file that he'd been given a change in life as he'd call me his son. At the urging of Professor Schwarzwald, I continued looking in the folder, and I saw some things that had me feel violated.

For example, it was determined that a part of my nervous system was concentrated at certain points, 27 of them in fact, and if I were to use Magic at all, it went through a series of tasks just to get to the desired node of my body, but first my own body would try to circumvent the ordeal by sending the Zeon through those points from before, which I recognized as a form of circuit for whatever reason. Then, if the Zeon was rejected, I saw that it would force my "circuits" to try accepting it, only for it to get it right by the third time and have the Zeon do the correct series of tasks at a speed that was incredibly faster than what the ordinary Magus would do. In fact, that was all that was recorded for the first time I even used any and all spells, as I was noted for having faster speed with my Magic after the first time using each and every spell.

Another example was that they found a flipping scabbard of all things stuck inside my body, and that they were going to remove it, but they couldn't because of a Zeonic pressure that exerted itself onto those attempting to remove it. What they found on it, however, said that its name is Avalon, though I don't know the details as to why a scabbard would have a name, but that's what the Latin said on it. Maybe the bearers' name was put onto it? My scientific mind was wrapping itself on the subject for too long, and when I noticed, I quickly finished that section and continued reading.

Other examples would be hard to explain at this point, so I won't explain yet, period. It was so hard to properly understand, so I don't think I'll go into the details yet, as that would be embarrassing for me to try.

After reading through the whole thing, I realized something important: I had something I desperately needed to do, and I needed to do so as soon as possible. I needed answers for what had happened in my life that made this happen.

Before I could voice my thoughts on the subject, however, Professor Schwarzwald said, "I see that you are determined to know what happened to make this happen, so I'll be brief with you on the mission parameters. In short, it is a mission of infiltrating a society of higher technology where the Zeon formed those years ago, find a way to stop said flow of Zeon from forming at all, and have the mundanes stay happy altogether-"

Before he could continue, a knock came on the door, and I could hear father say, "Loctus, I have an update from one of the Crows on the field." After he walked into the office, he noticed me and said, "Hello, Shirou. I'm glad that you could be here for this."

"The pleasure is mine, father," I reply honestly, and I then take a seat and let him have the floor.

What came next was one of the most shocking things I had ever heard in my life up to that point, "It seems that out of the ordinary people are going about doing rather strange things, like a spearman going about killing innocent families and a strange woman draining the life force of people in the area around a mountain temple. Of course, mostly this is unnoticed by the general populace, but it seems that when someone is supposed to see these strange people, they vanish into thin air, as if they were never there to begin with. However, it would seem that there's more to be brought into the world where this is going on, as we finally have records of what had happened over the course of the 250 year-old tradition that is what we dubbed the Zeon Breakout event before we realized what it really was."

A cold sweat had overcome me at this point, and I was not sure what to really do, but I needed to know what to do with the information. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for my lack of ability to go over there and do something about the problem now, I'd be rushing off to do something considerably retarded.

Seeing the worry on my face, Professor Schwarzwald said, "Well, I guess that the mission parameters have changed, then. I'm going to assume that the mission is to destroy those people and then crush the Zeon gathering device right off the bat, right?"

"Wrong."

That one word was what set both of us onto the edge of our seats, for we were expecting something along the lines of going in to destroy what was going on, and then gather the research for ourselves after the whole escapade. However, father was known to have a method and a reason for nearly everything. Nearly being the key word, because one time father had saved a woman named Marina Daorland from being assassinated on a whim of his, and one of his whims can actually be quite rare. The details I'm not privy to, but it's like she was about to be killed under orders of her younger brother Frederic, and father ordered a squad of Crows to defeat the assassins and look after her. That said; I don't know what father could want with this.

However, it became clear what he wanted, when he said, "I want someone to infiltrate the group that is being gathered for this tournament of a style, this free-for-all that is going on, and when it reaches the culmination, I also want that person to try to obtain a Lost Logia thatís being offered as the prize, one that is called ďThe Holy GrailĒ for whatever reason. Call it a hunch, but I have reason to believe that Imperium has done something similar with one of their men, a member of the Jurgand in fact. Not quite one of their elite soldiers, but someone to look out for, in case something horrible goes worse than horrible. He seemed to summon the woman I mentioned earlier with this," at this, he pulled out a strange bladed weapon from his clothes, "dagger as a catalyst."

When I looked at the dagger, I noticed that it wasn't like an ordinary dagger, but it had the feel of some greater mystery that couldn't be explained in words. It was a jagged blade that was also iridescent, and it had the appearance of being thin, brittle, and blunt. It had a rainbow of a color scheme for the blade itself, but in the malevolent way that I could also feel off of the weapon, as it was a weapon I could tell was pure evil and betrayal for those that held it. What was more, the blade itself was giving off an ominous dread that I don't think anyone would really want near them, as a rule of survival.

Yet, for all those qualities, it was as if I could actually copy the weapon itself with my unusual ability in Magic. I would've done so if it weren't for the fact that the original was right there, but I didn't feel it necessary to use my energy like that without knowing what it did, so I waited for a bit before the dagger was placed on the table.

After a few seconds, I asked, "So, I'm to infiltrate, am I?" After all, I don't think it would be a good idea to let the Imperium have their way anymore, especially in another world. I would've volunteered if I knew what was supposed to happen, but it seemed like I was supposed to do this the moment I stepped in here.

"Yes, Shirou, you are," replied father, but he then said, "that is, if you want to. I certainly won't force the issue on you, but you're the first choice for the matter. Of course, you won't be going in alone, you'll have Crows coming with you to keep guard on your flank and back, should you need the support, as well as the Crows already in the area."

Well. That proved it interesting, the fact that father had placed Crows in an alternate world, but how this happened I'll find out later. For now-

"And the Crows entered the alternate world... how?"

I turned my head over to Professor Schwarzwald, looking at him a bit incredulously before realizing that this was from after he left earlier in his life, and he needed the info first hand so that he can direct me to safety.

"They entered the same way they did the last time. Through a Lost Logia," I heard father say, then I turned my head back to him just to focus better on what he'd say. "I think it's best to show you said Lost Logia that we managed to leave a copy of with the Imperium... and I mean we duplicated the technology fully. It just doesn't have a way back for their version."

Well, this intrigued me, and I think it intrigued Professor Schwarzwald as well. We went down to the secret lab and saw what I think was supposed to look like a strange gate of sorts. I think that it was something called a... no, wait, I don't know what it's called.

"This is a dimensional transport operating on the laws of a power called Zelretch, though we don't know what Zelretch is, it is supposedly the power that supplies the realities for us to travel to. It was with this that we discovered the existence of the alternate world we dubbed 'Gorann', and where we found you, Shirou."

Gorann... where I'm from. Well, if that doesn't ruin the world, then I'm good to go over there and see what happened while I was away. I knew I needed to be ready for anything, so I figured I'd get started by getting a place to stay, for one thing. Knowing the fact that Crowns wouldn't be usable there, however, I decided to figure out a way to earn the money necessary to live. With that, I thought I'd be some sort of scholar, or possibly a metal worker, but I had the nagging feeling that those skills would be useless in my new environs, so I decided to try something else when I got there.

"I see. I think I'll like my trip to my original home, but I'll come back regardless, because here at the University and in Du'Lucart is where I belong, at least for now." With that, I waited for until everything was taken care of with school and the Crows that were assigned to come with me.

---

Five minutes had passed since the school was informed of my excused absence. I now had the group of Crows ready for travel, and we all will be travelling to Gorann for the first time, even for me, because I hadn't been there in a long time, and I had only travelled from there. To confirm everyone as ready, I said, "Well, this is it, people. Are you ready?"

"Sir, yes, sir!"

"You don't need to be so uptight with me, fellow soldiers of Wissenschaft," I said, and I honestly meant it, because of the fact that I wanted to be treated as an equal among the soldiers under my command.

"Sorry, Shirou," was the general reply.

"It's okay, just don't do it again, please," I replied in turn. Turning to the gatekeeper, I said, "Hey, Charles, could you turn on the gate? We can't go where we need to without the gate active, you know."

"Right away, Shirou," replied the energetic voice of my friend Charles. As a boy who was gifted with machines like I was, though that skill I never shared with my father, he knew how to operate almost anything right off the bat, though what he couldn't he knew how to within an hour. He was just that good with Lost Logia and other machines.

Soon, the gateway opened up, the humming of machines sounding was like music to my ears. When it finally showed our destination, we moved on out, ready for what was beyond the doorway.

Little did we realize what was going on at that point in the world of Gorann, in the city called Fuyuki, for it would be the death of many.

---

This is a story of which I have no idea how to fully get it to work right. In fact, I doubt I got Loctus Khan Schwarzwald and Lucanor Giovanni right, but I figured that changes would occur to make both of them different from the source material by this point.

Also, at this point, Shirou is still 16 by our standards, but he's got more experience under his belt with fighting armies and such. At the very least, he's at level 9, and he's considered a Warlock... and for those of you who don't understand the rules of Anima: Beyond Fantasy, I'll explain when I actually have this turned into a fic, but for now, this is just a snippet.

Also, for those of you wondering, this is going to be a fic where Shirou can curbstomp his foes, but only because the opposition underestimates him, hell, even Saber will underestimate him, just because he's not a normal human. I'm going by the belief that normal humans are definitely level 0 and normal magi are at level 1 at the very least. Anyone that specializes in something would probably be a few levels higher at max, but for Shirou, level 9 is the right level for now. I'm going to say that Sasaki is the weakest of the Servants with a level of 9, and TA is weaker still (should he come into the story) at level 8. Iím also going to say that EMIYA is a level 14 Warlock with bad stats compared to the other Servants (heís just that good compared to normal humans, given his circumstances), Saber is a level 14 Warrior or Weaponmaster with far better stats, Gil is a level 15 Warrior and is in a league of his own with his artifacts (aka his Noble Phantasms), Berserker is in a league of his own as well at level 15 and is a Weaponmaster (itís his stats that make him in a league of his own), Rider is a level 13 Warrior Summoner with usually really great stats (nerfed by Shinji, of course, but theyíre almost Rin!Saber level stats under a better master) who can summon a Pegasus (of course), Sasaki is a Technician (Ki master) with bad stats but really good attack and defense and an insane Ki Technique (under the Anima rules) thatís great in one-on-one battles (Tsubame Gaeshi), Lancer is a level 13-14 Acrobatic Warrior with an insane Agility and Ars Magnus Infinium (to give him the disengage skill) along with The Gift, Medea is a level 12 Sorceress with access to Divine Magic and an insane bonus to her ACT, and TA is an Assassin (Duh!) who has a good Ki technique for assassination.

All in all, this version of the Fifth Holy Grail War is going to be a lot more effective in drawing out the alternate organizations, for a number of reasons. If you paid special attention to the dagger examination scene, Iím sure you can tell which association wasnít being careful with admissions, for a good reason on my end. Anyway, thatís not the important part right now, so Iíll get back to working on the story further, and to give those of you without an idea about the setting I crossed this over with a better clue.

Also, itís time for the end of the world as the cast of Fate/stay Night know it, for a human has arisen that is on par with a Heroic Spirit, and thatís not usually a good sign for anyone, not even Gil.

So, letís see how this is received by the rest of the world, shall we? I know that this is shorter than what Iíd usually write, but itís what I would like to turn into something larger, for a good reason.

So, until next time, farewell.

~Xamusel

---

Yes, this is the snippet I posted earlier in the week in the "What if Shirou was raised by ...?" thread, so don't worry about the lack of a title there. As stated in the second A/N, you'll be part of the judging committee to see if it's any good, so please judge with the critiquing it deserves. I don't want to be given problems for trying to tell the story.

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hmm, interesting start....

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I also plan on getting Sakura right, even though circumstances are going to be different from the beginning of the timeline on, mainly because Sakura is one of those characters that needs love.

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Well, that's good, and she definitely does need more love.

Good luck with it, though. Getting Sakura right in a situation like this is hard. Hell, I'm not sure exactly how she'd turn out....

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Currently, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on the situation with Sakura, so you'd probably need to wait a bit before I give any mention on Sakura and her circumstances.

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM
What's the problem?

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Well, it's determining whether or not to make her an Ice Queen at Homurahara Gakuen, or do something completely different. I mean, I don't want to incur the wrath of the Sakura fans, but I don't want to do something completely unrealistic either.

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Well, incurring the wrath of Sakura fans is definitely not a good idea :p

However, I don't see her as an "Ice Queen". She'd be too timid and quiet for that.

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hmm... you raise a good point.

However, what I'm certain most don't see is the fact that Sakura is largely influenced by how much she cares for Shirou in canon, and that, if you take away Shirou, you get something worse than how canon portrayed her character (if not done right).

This is one of those fics where Shirou is out of the picture for a lot of the time, so he'd need to worm his way into Sakura's life (not like Zouken's method) before she goes haywire, and that doesn't happen when she summons Rider. Instead it's when Angra Mainyu starts to show up (if I'm getting my facts straight).

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Well, yeah, Sakura's feelings for Shirou definitely influence her, although I don't think she'd ever be a nasty person even without that. And, if she doesn't know him, then she would most definitely be involved in the war, although without Shirou I'm not sure Zouken could actually activate her, because she would just be too closed-off.

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
True. I was just speculating here, needing to ensure I got her character right, nothing major in that regard (it's not set in stone at the moment).

On a side note, of all the Servants, only Berserker, Lancer, and Caster were summoned so far, so Sakura gets some time to know her future Sempai (and I'm thinking I can get her out of Earth (aka Gorann in story) after the war's over so that she can be away from Zouken and get rid of his influence) before she's the Fifth Master (I think I got the order right).

Mike1984
August 25th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Well, she's either the fourth or fifth master, depending on when Assassin is summoned by Caster. Although, if Lancer and Caster are already there, I don't think she has that long to get to know him before the war.

And, yeah, that seems like a good idea. Get her away form Earth and get those damn worms out of her. I'd imagine she'd want to see her sister, though....

Xamusel
August 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I know what you mean by the length of time, but I'm going to guess that at least a few days time will be needed in between Assassin and Rider (with Rider summoned fifth here).

Also, I never said that she wouldn't see Rin. In fact, I'm willing to do what I can, but Sakura is going to see her sister before anything wrong happens and do what she should to her sister (not sure how to properly characterize the situation yet).

Xamusel
September 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Okay, I'm revising the story, mainly because of things I felt needed to be changed. If anyone has a voice to speak, let that person speak out about what they'd feel is important for the story. I'm open to suggestions, but not flames going amongst each other, okay?

Ergast
September 17th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Okay, I kind of missed this. Well, I see you used my suggestions about the power of the characters.

Just one thing I remembered about The Process. It's what made Schwarwaltz what he is. Something that isn't human any more. Again, a level 9 character in Anima can't be called human anymore, with all the power a guy like that has (with enough Natura, Shirou could use even High Magic) So I'm going to make a guess here and say that the present Process is lighter than the one Schwarwaltz used on himself.

BTW, I would give a post-Process Shirou a Natura of 25. Canon!Shirou has a Natura of 15 (His actions can bring repercusions that affects thousands of people, and EMIYA proves that), and the Process makes you someone far more relevant than before.

About Sakura... the problem here is make her, someone by this point completely closed to the others, feel somehow atracted (not necesarily as in love) to Shirou. If he goes to the Earth about 2-3 months before the war, I can see it posible, somehow. But with just 2-3 weeks, is much more difficult.

About Rin, I'm pretty sure she would feel someone like Shirou at once. He is far too powerful to not being noticed, and The Process must have been improved his circuits to be able to reach Tohsaka levels of Prana using. At least. Unlike the Ki, the magic is more tricky to hide, unless you know the specific spell, and the zeon is regenerated at a rate much slower than ki.

Also, what way/s of Magic Shirou has? Or he has his own way? Because I can see him having Creation.

Xamusel
September 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hmm... you got a point there, Ergast. I think that the Natura thing is important, now that I think about it.

About the Magic... I think that, if Creation can let him create his RM, that would be a smart move.

On Sakura and Rin... again, you got a point there, so...

Oh, on the Process, yes, it's lighter than that one, as far as my information can tell.

Ergast
September 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Well, in Doc's case, he has probably about 40 Gnosis after the Process, judging by his description. At least, he leaves me the impresion that now he is less a human and more a god.

About Creation... let me check it...

Well, it has Imitation, that is literally a minor form of Shirou's projection, as it can exactly replicate anything the caster has at his disposition, with its powers, but only to objects with powers of level 4 or lesser (I'll say that maybe Kanshou and Bakuya are about that level). Then it has Complete Creation, that gives the caster a limit of presence to create whatever he wants (with a lesser limit of presence than Imitation, but withou any restriction to the level of power). Adquire Skills and Adquire Powers can replicate his skill of copying the skills and combat powers of the true wielders of the weapon he projects. Royal Shield (Arcane grade) or Perfect Shield can replicate Rho Aiass...

The only real problem is Unlimited Blade Works, per se, so I suggest you to use Creation as a template if you want to completely replicate Shirou's magic in Anima. You'd want to toss a bit of Illusion (the penultimate Illusion spell is literally to unleash an RM)

Or you can give him those two Ways, and handwave it as Shirou's specialty the ability to use the Divine Magic A World of Lies (the already said penultimate Illusion spell)

Xamusel
September 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hmm... you raise a point, Ergast. I think that ought to work wonderfully, anyway.

By the way, was this from Arcana Exxet, Core Exxet, or the one translated into English thus far?

Ergast
September 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM
IIRC, Those spells exist in the old book, though I was reading the Core Exxet (that's why I specified the grade of the Royal Shield, to use the Arcane version). Let me check it...

Well, Imitation is way weaker in the translated (if anything, because the presence allowed is only 30. K&B are at least 100). In Core Exxet, using more Zeon you can upgrade the spell to Arcane level, that lets you imitate something up to 160 presence.

The same to Adquire Skills and Adquire Powers (The core exxet lets you go from +50 points with Skills to +400, and from 100 DP to 400 DP plus temporal Gnosis to 30 with Adquire Powers)

Complete Creation is the same at it's base form, but in Arcane it lets you create something with 150 presence

And Core Exxet's A World of Lies is the same as the translated one in its base form (UBW is, at most, advanced, not arcane, but it can be replicated with base).

Basically, the Core Exxet remove the Added Effect rule, and instead gives levels to each spell, so you can cast it at base level, intermediate level, advanced level or arcane level, using more Zeon.

I didn't use the Arcana Exxet, but it has some nice things to add to mages, making them overpowered again, in comparison with domini users, that can be more flexible, but they lack, again, the level of power of the spellcasters. At least, domini users can unleash hell without needing insane Gnosis (divine magic is forbidden for anything with less than 40 Gnosis, and high magic is the same with beings with less than 25 Gnosis, while a domini user with 0-5 of Gnosis can unleash the example ultimate ki technique Delevi Deus Anima, that destroys anything except the more resilient beasts in a 5 km radius)

Xamusel
September 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Ouch...

That sounds like it would hurt.

Thanks for the info, Ergast. I actually needed to know, so...

Ergast
September 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
To be exact, Delevi Deus Anima uses the double of the base presence plus the Power bonus to calculate the base damage (roughly 175 at worst, probably around 200-250), it multiplies it by 3, and then launch an indirect attack (you can't counterattack it even if you dodge/parries it) with a +200 to the attack ability (probably it would does 200-300% of damage if your enemy isn't absurdely stronger than you, if both you and your enemy have about the same die throw) in 5km of radius. Without armor to reduce the damage. Unless you are an acumulation creature, you are pretty much screwed (against an acumulation enemy, it works better multiple weaker attacks that you can repeat over time, with a character that can't use a technique so insane as Delevi Deus Anima, I was doing about 700 damage to an enemy per turn, using only about 5 ki points per turn, with an initial cost of 12 ki points. DDA cost 113 ki points)

And you are welcome. Any doubt you have, ask me and I'll reply as soon as I can

Xamusel
September 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Okay, thanks, Ergast.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM
This die or something?

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Actually, I was wondering when I'd get back to rewriting the story, thanks for getting my attention back to this.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Actually, I was wondering when I'd get back to rewriting the story, thanks for getting my attention back to this.

Awesome XD

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
...I take it you like the story and want me to continue?

Back then, I didn't know that much on the Nasuverse, so of course the rewrite will have to be better than this.

Of course, not to insult those that have commented on this version so far, but I know I can do better than this.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Re-write or continue. Either would be good because I think this story would be great. Currently reading through your Gundam/Fate one.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
...Wait, when did I write a Gundam/Fate story, anyway?

I don't seem to recall that story, and my memory of stories is pretty impeccable, at least of what I write.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Gundam Wing: Reaper of the SEED

Found it in your fanfic tracker

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM

Okay, time for some clarification. That is in any way, shape or form not a Fate crossover!!

I should definitely have been more clear about that. It's actually a strictly Gundam multicrossover, one which I failed to update to the current chapter released, actually.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 05:11 PM
oh. Now I know XD

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
...Okay, I got to quit being distracted and get back to the rewrite for this, at least for the moment.

Also, thanks for reminding me to update Gundam Wing: Reaper of the SEED, it's been a while since I've done so.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
^^

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Aaand... I updated Reaper, so you can read that now.

I mean, I had the chapter released already on my Fanfiction.net profile... it just took me a while to load it onto here.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Epic!

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
...Okay, I'll be working on the rewrite (which I said already), but don't expect it out any time soon... the only reason why it was even out at all was because I wrote the original prologue as a snippet for the "What if Shirou was raised by...?" thread.

For that matter, a bit of a surprise will be coming in the release of the new prologue, so don't expect much out of this version.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I don't. I can wait for the rewrite ^^

I'll even remind you ever week on Tuesday.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
*facepalm* What did I put myself through this time?

Okay, I'll get to it soon, but it won't be a weekly update for certain.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I don't expect a weekly update: those tend to be half assed.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Good point.

Okay, I'll be writing the story as soon as I can, which is to say very soon.

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
ok.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Okay, I'll be busy for a while, and including the duties that come with the re-write of Fate/Beyond Fantasy and Reaper of the SEED.

Therefore, please wait a couple of weeks at least, alright?

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 11:06 PM
OK. I'll bug you about updates in.... 3? Or possibly 4.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, yeah, but I'll have to be able to update soon anyway (long stories are going to be my forte apparently).

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 11:14 PM
fun?

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure I follow, unfortunately, but I'll have to write it out at some point (and from there it's a new thread for the story).

crystalwatcher
January 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Alright. I'll read it and give any feedback I can think of after your done typing it.

Xamusel
January 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Thank you for your support, even if the prologue hadn't been completed yet, because I'm going to need all the support that I can get.