PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Colosseum (Out of Character/Discussion)

Pages : [1] 2

Milbunk
August 26th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Alright let me clear something first of all.

THIS IS NOT A REAL RP IT IS A PRACTICE THING

Welcome one and all to the wondrous colosseum of practice! That's right another RP, but this isn't normal RP no, instead in this RP you can do a practice battle with a fellow RPer. I've noticed that thanks to the recent boom in RPs lots of people have been getting involved in them. So what this place aims to do is help fellow newcomers or people who like to practice fights battle to their hearts delight.

Here's how it shall work, you will say if you're interested in battling then someone else can do the same. If two people are interested then they can pick two characters (Whether canon or not.) and fight. Servants, Masters, Vampires, or ordinary people it doesn't matter. But it would be easier if they were at least on the same tier anyway, after that you pick a setting such as a rooftop, the park, in school, on the street, or some other place and the condition of the players. (Such as full power, 30%, waking up, or even flying in the air.) Finally you then figure out how fights will work. (Each player takes a turn, how NPs and magic is used etc.)

I know this thread may not be used for a long time but I felt that it would be the best for everyone if we at least had a thread to do fights. (Especially since most RPs are getting nearer and nearer to them.) Oh one last thing, for now I will be the final decider in a fight if two people get stuck in an argument or something but if other people wish to help they may.

Finished Battles:

Erlkonig
August 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Milbunk

Too many RPs

Don't

Push

It

Milbunk
August 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
This is not a RP its a practice RP, and it wasn't just me who thought this was a good idea. This is to help people get prepared in other RPs.

Brynhilde
August 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Milbunk

Too many RPs

Don't

Push

It
I agree.

And we can't fight without a proper battle system.

Not to mention this thread has the potential to bring over the Power Levelz arguement from General.

Milbunk
August 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Due to the fact there are lots of different kinds of RPs I thought it would be best for people to create the system or use their current system before the fight that way we would be able to be set for many different kinds.

Erlkonig
August 26th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Oh, so, training room?

Milbunk
August 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Exactly. I will expect mistake and delays to be as common as possible so there is no rush.

Edit: I was just making this thread so it can be here. I don't actually expect people to use it right away and it may even sit here untouched (Except my occasional revive to keep it from disappearing.) for months.

Soldat der Trauer
August 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
@Milbunk: Are you kidding me?

I AM READY. LINE ME UP WITH A TARGET.

Please.

Elyrin
August 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
You get to fight 100% Arc.

Good luck :3

Soldat der Trauer
August 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
@Elyrin: Considering I can use ~annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyone~... I'd do it, no hesitation.

Nanao-kun
August 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Use Kotomine Kirei~

Soldat der Trauer
August 26th, 2011, 06:46 PM
@Nanao-kun: Kotomine Kirei versus Archetype Earth? Really?

...Tempted to seriously do it.

@Milbunk: {Raises hand up.} May fights be arranged to consist of multiple combatants in a single match, like lop-sided team battles?

Elyrin
August 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
@Milbunk: {Raises hand up.} May fights be arranged to consist of multiple combatants in a single match, like lop-sided team battles?

Your team consists of Kotomine and Kiritsugu, both at their peak.

The opposing team is 100% Arc and Primate Murder. Prepare yourself.

Erlkonig
August 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM
SOLDAT

USE NAKED JEHUTY

I'LL USE AUMAAN ANUBIS

WE'LL ZERO SHIFT AND KILL EVERYTHING

Soldat der Trauer
August 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM
@Erlkonig: *BEEP* yes. LET'S DO IT!

Neir
August 26th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Well, considering Grill's is Lotus lulz, it's kind of hard to do.

Tobias
August 26th, 2011, 07:13 PM
judging from the original rules, this follows melty blood and UC mechanics, IE, everyone is basically the same power and ability level, its merely skill and combat style which differ. so kirei vs 100% arc is a normal battle, and each would have equal chance to win.

EnigmaticFellow
August 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
LOL at Nasuverse fighting game mechanics.

Tobias
August 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM
In this particular venue, I would laugh and probably ridicule anyone who went by anything else. Because such a person would be, not to put to fine a point on it, a moron.

Milbunk
August 26th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Sorry for the delay I was at a football game.

To Soldat: You can do any type of battle you want if you wanna do a 2v1 go ahead or even a 3v1 just try and make the odds a little fair. (Arc, Gil, and Arthur vs Ayako would not be a very good idea.)

Also it's up to you whether or not the characters are all of equal power or they are ranked by their Nasu level, that is the point of this practice with anyone under any setting possible.

RacingeR
August 26th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I TAKE TYPE ANDROMEDA

COME AT ME, BITCHES.

Soldat der Trauer
August 27th, 2011, 01:59 AM
@Milbunk: How are multiple matches that were formed around the same time frame here going to be handled in terms of scheduling? That is, will there be multiple parallel matches at one time, or in sequence of which match finishes 1st?

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:05 AM
For multiple matches at the same time I have an idea. We color code them for example: Match 1 all text is blue and Match 2 all text is green or something like that. That way it will help lessen the confusion and make playing smoother.

Another Idea I had is that one person posts and the fight takes place only in that post with the original poster editing both sides in.

A third option is to take turns and only have one fight a time but that can be inefficient.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I'm liking this somewhat.

Time to call Xal over so we can do OC vs OC \o/

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 02:10 AM
BD

YOUR FAKER MUST FIGHT MY FAKER

WE SHALL SEE WHO IS SUPERIOR

Soldat der Trauer
August 27th, 2011, 02:11 AM
@Milbunk: Option 1 makes sense and may be the more realistic. Option 2 is also practical, but may not be as trustworthy. Option 3 was something I was concerned about and had considered myself.

Are there any other areas of a 'battle system' to cover? Like "perks"/power-ups?

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:13 AM
BD

YOUR FAKER MUST FIGHT MY FAKER

WE SHALL SEE WHO IS SUPERIORD: WHYYYYY
We already know yours will win! ;_;

I don't even have a proper Faker! >_<

Soldat der Trauer
August 27th, 2011, 02:14 AM
@Blackdeath:

"--------------------If you cannot defeat it yourself, imagine something you could beat it with."

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 02:15 AM
@Blackdeath:
"--------------------If you cannot defeat it yourself, imagine something you could beat it with."

Actually, my Faker is the one that can do that.

D: WHYYYYY
We already know yours will win! ;_;

I don't even have a proper Faker! >_<

TOO BAD

COME AT ME

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:17 AM
To Soldat: Yeah for the second option we could have it so you send in your snippet to me first then the other person in order to make sure the poster isn't cheating.

Also as for perks and power-ups, you could always have a certain amount of "Saves" or "Protag Powers" where it will act as a saving throw or a learning a new move and you only have a limited amount of them, but that is up to you whether or not to include them.

Right now it's probably best to come up with all things you will need for a fight and then decide how you will do it.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:17 AM
@Blackdeath:

....Touche

Actually, my Faker is the one that can do that.

TOO BAD

COME AT ME
FINE WHEN HE IC THREAD APPEARS WE'LL FIGHT

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 02:18 AM
FINE WHEN HE IC THREAD APPEARS WE'LL FIGHT

EXCELLENT

FINALLY ONE OF MY PROMISED BATTLES SHALL HAPPEN

Soldat der Trauer
August 27th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Hmmm, anyone down for a Real Robot-genre mecha battle?

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:20 AM
EXCELLENT

FINALLY ONE OF MY PROMISED BATTLES SHALL HAPPENWE SHOULD ALSO DO ELY VS SHIZUKA, INVINCIBLE FISTS OF JUSTICE VS FUCK DRAGON FU

even though you outclass me at this point...

@Mil: What if, it is from an existing RP we use that RP's system. Otherwise we have a backup system here for use?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. That'd be too complicated.

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
WE SHOULD ALSO DO ELY VS SHIZUKA, INVINCIBLE FISTS OF JUSTICE VS FUCK DRAGON FU

even though you outclass me at this point...

@Mil: What if, it is from an existing RP we use that RP's system. Otherwise we have a backup system here for use?

EXCELLENT IDEA

I have Invincible Fists of Manliness, though. Ace is the one with Blazing Fists of Justice.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:23 AM
EXCELLENT IDEA

I have Invincible Fists of Manliness, though. Ace is the one with Blazing Fists of Justice.I stand corrected. =x

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:23 AM
You can use a current battle system or we could come up with an all around one that can be used with most RPs. (Sorry I don't have one made currently but hopefully we can make one.)

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
I know that in Gaiaonline's RPs that I joined before we don't use any statistical system for combat. We consider everyone to have the same power; so if one can move at godspeed then everyone can too unless it was some unique reason why; otherwise it'd be godmodding.

Maybe we can go with something 'similar' in that where we specify our style-focus and submit some kind of sheet similar to the servant stats sheet in FSN?

EDIT: Made no sense. Got it wrong, nvm.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:31 AM
To Black: Yeah something like that should work. I might as well post what I had for the basics on what we should decide.

1. Decide Characters and create a sheet with a style focus. (Either OOC or Canon maybe both, and Equal power or Nasu rankings.)

2. Decide a setting (At school, on a rooftop, on a bridge. At night, during day, in a crowd etc.)

3. Placement of characters (Next to each other, in the air, 5 miles away etc.)

4. Decide character conditions (Near death, full power, out of mana etc.)

5. Decide how the fights shall go.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I support this system.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Alright now that we have the basics down we need to come up with a stat sheet and fighting style, any ideas?

We could use the default Nasu style sheet but I am not sure how well that would work, as for the fighting style I know very little about how to properly make one so I'm afraid I can't help out too much there.

Soldat der Trauer
August 27th, 2011, 02:43 AM
@milbunk: Fighting styles would be trickier to categorize, in my opinion. There's a lot of room for diversity and improvisation that would defy simple case-by-case basis.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I agree, if you guys want I could put the thread up, as for the sheet if you want a default one the Nasu version should work just fine. Of course any other sheets will also work. (You just need to tell me how it works first.)

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I have a few ideas regarding the style.

1) We can have a few base types that describe their stat focus. Then if they want to they can do into 'advanced', possibly custom versions of those basic styles.

2) We make use of FSN servant classes, or job classes of other RPs/RPGs

3) If they have a specific combat style, we can have that and a description of the alignment?

Just randomly throwing ideas in though

EDIT:

Actually, maybe we should try and make use a set system. Or just test different things as we go along.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 03:03 AM
So something like: King Arthur, specializes in sword combat and has no real weaknesses. Then list skills and powers such as NPs. (As for the advanced version make an actual Nasu sheet.)

Makes sense, as an example: Akiha Tohno, half demon, half human. Or Kotomine Kirei, Master, Executor, Mid Range Fighter (Has both Black Keys and and can fight with his fists.)

By alignment do you mean Lawful Good or Chaotic Insane?

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 03:11 AM
By alignment I mean to the basic style(s) (Strength, Speed, Magic, Trap, Thought, Technique, etc) if we took that idea.

The Lawful God or Chaotic Insane concept may/may not be needed here, since this is purely or combat. So perhaps as long as we describe their personality and character this alignment part wouldn't be required..?

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Oh I see, I guess it would depend on if the battlers wanted to get that involved or not. As for the other part yeah that makes sense.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Yeah

Well, those are my 2 cents for the development of the system. I'll leave it to you, Mil and the rest of the peeps to decide what'll happen. =P

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Same here, I can't continue much further till we have two people who are willing to give it a shot.

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Well, I can't get to my fistfight with Shizuka until this starts, so I'll help!

Would be better off waiting until I'm more awake, though.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Agreed, after all most people can't fight when they are half asleep.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Well, I can't get to my fistfight with Shizuka until this starts, so I'll help!

Would be better off waiting until I'm more awake, though.Since El's signing up as a tester, I'll do the same as his opponent. (Though I already know I'm gonna lose ;_; )

Agreed, after all most people can't fight when they are half asleep.
True.

EDIT: Wait, would it really be smart to have them as the first testers; since we'll be using the Notes RP system? Unless we're either testing stuff other than the system, or we'll be using this thread's own system instead. =o

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Alright I'm finally back, it's up to you whether or not you wanna use the Notes system but the main point of this is for other people to be able to practice battles from lots of different kinds of RPs.

To Elyrin: Is that fine with you or do you already have someone else?

Elyrin
August 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Well, both characters were originally made using the Notes system, so I don't see much reason to change that.

Unless you want to convert every character who fights in this over to the same system, but considering various powerlevel differences between RPs that might not be the best idea.

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Alright if that's the system you wanna use I'm fine with that, I just need to know how it works.

Yeah, which is why I was thinking that you can either use a system you have or create a system you wanna use for the RP your in.

Blackdeath6031
August 27th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Morning~
Any news on this here?

Milbunk
August 27th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Well if Elyrin wants to battle you then you both need to send me sheets and explain how the system will work and it should be all good to go.

Milbunk
August 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
So is anybody going to give it a shot?

Blackdeath6031
August 28th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I have another opponent, but we're quite busy yet, so not yet >_<

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hey Soldat if you wanna try and do this with me I'll give it a shot.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 01:50 AM
The Sorrowful Soldier has come forth in response to a summons.

What will be the match conditions?

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Okay lets pick the stuff then. (Since this is a first match we should just go with any canon Servant.)

Since I challenged you can pick the setting and all that. (I'll also let you pick your Servant first.)

As for the rules, not sure how we are gonna do that, any ideas?

Also if anyone is willing to be our ref I would really appreciate it.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:02 AM
I don't mind being the ref if the two of you are fine with me not being on frequently.

I'll need to know and understand the rules before reffing is an option though.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:08 AM
That's fine with me if you ref for us.

As for rules, I honestly have no idea how to do those. (In fact it was one of the reasons for this thread.) If either of you would be willing to either come up with one or show an existing one that would help a lot.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:08 AM
@Milbunk: {Extends finger to speak, then closes mouth and leans into hand.} ...I don't know who I want to use. EMIYA would be nice, but so would Lancer. BUT I WANT ~CIEL-SAMA~.

Rules... Same as any canon battle.

Setting... Do you prefer urban or rural?

Time... Twilight, or nightfall.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
Hmm, lets go with rural this first time.

And nightfall.

Also after this we can pick whoever we want but I just want to keep it simple the first time around.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:15 AM
Okay, heres one thing to consider for Colosseum's personal system.

You'll probably have a ranked or numerical stat system just like other RPs and the Fate servant system. So would we be sticking to this for the damage/health system, or should we consider just going by literal conditions?

Also
@Soldat: MAKE CIEL-SENPAI INTO CLASS ARCHER GOGOGO! xD

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:16 AM
@Milbunk: Rural it is, then. Hmm, would the steps of Ryuudouji be fine, or...? {Suddenly palm taps.} Oh, I got it! The grassy hillside from Tsukihime, where Aozaki Aoko shows up! This way it'll be like the Melty Blood stage.

Character-wise.... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

How diverse can a selection of mundane weaponry be for using EMIYA?

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:18 AM
I would say it's really up to your imagination, of course he has the basics such as Caladbog and Hrunting but it should be fine if you come up with other ideas.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:20 AM
@Milbunk: ...EMIYA, then, for this match, please.

Und du?

@Blackdeath: Or an Assassin.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:41 AM
Indeed. :3
I think her use of the Black Keys plus Seven might fit Archer more though. Eh, no matter now.

So what's happening with the rules?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:48 AM
@Blackdeath: No idea. Milbunk's on the T-M wiki trying to choose a character.

One thing that would be interesting would be an EMIYA vs EMIYA match-up, if only b/c it would boil down to who's the better tactician in terms of scenario-specific weapon selection.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
No I don't wanna do that. Instead I'll just pick Fate/Extra Archer (Emiya) I think it will be a better match.

As for rules I guess the canon ones work for me.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Indeed.

Wouldn't be surprising if it became similar to the Shirou vs Emiya fight where both combatants traced the same weapon at around the same time too.

EDIT:

....*honestly can't tell the difference between the two, since both use Kanshou/Bakuya, Rho Aias, Hrunting, Caladbolg and UBW*

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
@Milbunk: What's the difference w/ Extra!EMIYA?

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:52 AM
Nothing at all.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
lol....? xD
Well, one was a hero, the other was a sniper? =P

//obviouslyNotSerious

EDIT:

Wait, can someone remind me what the Canon rules were?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
@Milbunk: WRONG! That was a trick question (...that I came up w/ after...) Extra!EMIYA has False Mind's Eye instead of True.

:P

Oh, and his bio implies he didn't make a contract to Alaya, too.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:56 AM
@Milbunk: WRONG! That was a trick question (...that I came up w/ after...) Extra!EMIYA has False Mind's Eye instead of True.

:POHMIGAWD I forgot about that >_<

I keep thinking Fate!EMIYA has false for some reason... ;_;

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
OHMIGAWD I forgot about that >_<

I keep thinking Fate!EMIYA has false for some reason... ;_;

@Blackdeath: 1) Made an edit. 2) False Assassin has False Mind's Eye in canon.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
Hmm, tell you what I have an idea. I'll use the Archer from Shattered Heaven. (The only differences are that his armor is blue and his swords fly upward instead of down, oh and his UBW chant is all weird.)

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:59 AM
@Milbunk: That's him still as Mirrorverse!Shirou, and only while in UBW (the hilts are planted in the ground like caltrops, lol).

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 02:59 AM
@Soldat: Ah, my bad. No wonder I thought he had false xD

@Mil: Hm, so his swordspams are more unpredictable? =o

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 03:01 AM
@Blackdeath: It's like UBW became a giant video game spike pit that could fly around after you.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hmm they might be, oh just saying this but if both MP's are activated then it will have the same effect as it did in the fic. (Just to make things easier.)

Anyway I'll make the thread in a bit and start the first post.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
Excuse the double post I just wanted to let you know that I set the thread up.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 03:19 AM
Alright. So just to check, as the ref I'm responsible for confirming the winner, as well as ensuring no one does anything they aren't supposed to?

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 03:20 AM
Pretty much.

Lotus Saint
September 3rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
I smell a curbstomp.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 03:27 AM
OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO DIE!!! {Can't stop laughing while talking.}

Alright, let's do this *beep*, Milbunk.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 04:15 AM
There, posted IC. That nervous laughing fit really helped. I'm finally thinking clearly again.

I'm finally thinking like me.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Alright I've posted let's see what you do now.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
@Milbunk: Query: Would the Mirrorverse versions of K&B attract or repel one another, seeing as how things are inverted w/ that Shirou?

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
They attract, the only difference between them and yours is their history and color scheme.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
@Milbunk: Okay, there you go.

Pretty clever, neh?

If you deflect w/ a weapon, I can still close in and join at melee w/ a different motion pattern.
If you project a physical shield, I can detonate my blades in your face and you still won't be able to see my movements.
If you project Rho Aius, you're immobilized and have to expend larger amounts of prana just for the effort of assured projectile defense.

Satehi
September 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
If you project a physical shield, I can detonate my blades in your face and you still won't be able to see my movements.

Erm, Archer can do that with blades he's already thrown?

Don't they have to be charged prior?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
@Satehi: ...They did in the anime and some fanfiction like Chaos Theory. >_> <_<

Remember, though, that they still didn't explode even when charged in Sparks Liner High, but that could have been b/c of Shirou's inexperience.

The key thing is that Milbunk's response will inevitably fall w/i the bounds of the terms my own actions have dictated. He will end up limiting himself, allowing the fight to sway towards the IC pace I set.

Satehi
September 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
The anime has Archer making BP's in under a second too >.<

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
@Satehi: Yeah, I know better than that, man. {Chuckles.}

Even if Milbunk just tries dodging out of the way, he'll still be off-balance enough for me to press my advantage once more.

EDIT: @Hero: So, what do you think, as a fellow Archer fan?

hero
September 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
The key thing is that Milbunk's response will inevitably fall w/i the bounds of the terms my own actions have dictated. He will end up limiting himself, allowing the fight to sway towards the IC pace I set.

This is true. This is what your posting style is aiming to.

If Milbunk were to start his post right where you left yours, I'm pretty sure he would be screwed, be it now, or in the few posts that follow. However, his first action was just throwing a set of K&B at you, and 'reloading'. In contrast, you made several rolls, threw several sets of K&B, used reinforcement, projected a bow and fired. While doing that in an instant is not something unheard of, your speeds are about the same if not equal, granting Anti-Archer actions during your turn (Since yours was quite long, not in description, but in actions taken) aside from the ones he should take on his turn.

In other words, Anti-Archer should be able to take K&B x3 out of the way (If he uses the right actions) by the time you fire your bow. And if he manages to shroud off that attack as well, he still has room for offensive, as I don't think (intuition) he'll make as many moves as Red Archer did.

That said, it's an awesome combat, and your styles attract me and force me to read it. Congratz.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
@Hero: Keep in mind that the 3 arrows were fired off w/ greater speed than K&B could be thrown. Milbunk has to deal w/ those first before the swords, and the distance b/t me and him is basically narrowed down to entering melee range now.

This is going to be like the "cat fight" from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OxQ-2gR1DU&list=PLBFB6AA278D2BB7BB&index=169&feature=plpp).

hero
September 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Greater speed does not always mean they go first. After all, your arrow shoot was your last action. It would be in the realm of possibility for Anti Archer to get K&B out of the way, shortly after you threw them, destroying them just before you launched your next set of K&B.

Going like this:

>A: Throw set
>A-A: Take out of the way set
>A: Throw set
>A-A: Take out of the way set.
>A: Fire arrows
>A-A: Deal with them.

That's up to Mil, though.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Alright Sol I've posted, note that while I did come up with what to do, Hero helped a little in the proof reading.

hero
September 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you tend to switch between first and third person, and then from past to present and vice versa.

Oh well, even Nasu does it.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
The hell was...?

Nevermind, I got this.

Behold, the one fighting style I could actually do in RL as a little kid to some degree: polearm combat.

In case anyone's wondering, the weapon I chose was an armament I saw in an anime movie. I'll talk more about it IC if Milbunk's next post doesn't ruin its stay.

hero
September 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm, Don't get me wrong Soldat.

Your writting style is awesome (you could make one hell of a fic), but I believe you are you are taking too much time (actions) in your turn, and by extent (since you wouldn't be able to reasonably do so without it), you are controlling Milbunk's char, to the point where (Excuse me if I did not read it right), you assume your polearm pierces his knee.

I'm glad we are doing this kind of fights, so everyone can learn how it is done properly. Yeah, dunno what others think, but there might be needs for some fixes in that last post.

P. S. Polearms, my mortal enemy.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
@Hero: I kicked out at his knee, which he reacted to quickly enough that he was able to retract that leg and reposition himself away from me in order to re-establish sure footing.

And I know my actions in a meta sense would be likely to step on some toes, which I apologize for.

I judged that the scene would flow better if I moved things along, as presumptuous as it seemed even before i posted. That's partially why I took care not to abuse such a liberty on my own momentum. I'll ask next time.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Well I'm not sure you should of taken so many action in just one post. I know we've never done this before but I think you've been doing a little to much in your posts. (Leaves no room for me to act at all.)

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
@Milbunk: Sorry about that. I'll seek to refrain from repeating such a trend again.

Though the point makes me wonder, how do we decide on when damage is actually incurred and the manner in which it accumulates? There are so many ways to just drag the fight out as if the person were some RL chessmaster that cannot be surprised or taken down at all b/c they can say the time gap b/t their own and the opponent's post really is that large.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hmm, you bring up a good point, I have no idea what to do with damage and time posts.

We could try and have a certain amount of actions allowed in one post. (Summoning a pair of swords and swinging for instance would take 2 actions.)

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
@Milbuunk: Hmm, that would make each post like the bladelock segments of the UBW movie's Archer v. Shirou battle.

Step, swing.

Step, swing.

Trace, swing.

You see? How about a slightly larger number like...I dunno, five? If not we're going to be stuck posting for every last swing we perform, then wait for the other person.

But aside from number, the content of each action also matters. For example, Projecting Berserker's axe-sword, then calling out NLBW. Does the latter count as one action just before the actual attack, and if not do all 9 cuts land right away b/c they are the one maneuver?

EDIT: That, or we try an alternative you suggested several pages before our little duel, namely that one person writes the fight for all the participants, making sure to edit in the appropriate actions the opponent dictates to them...here in this thread, I suppose.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I'm thinking we should either have a set amount of actions or like you just said have a GM edit the posts for us. (This was one of the reasons for such a practice match.

hero
September 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
My opinion: One can do as many actions as one wants, as long as it makes sense and leaves room for the player to react.

This, for example would not be allowed:

"I throw a punch at him. Then I unshealth my sword, try to stab him. Then I roll back and throw a grenade a him."

Your turn would either end at the end of the first sentence, or if you can pull it of, at the end of the second sentence. You might do what it is implied in the third sentence in your next post, if that still makes sense.

This ones would be allowed:

"I throw a punch at him." <= Turn end.
"I throw a punch at him with my left hand. Then I use the sword in my right hand to try to cut his arm off (?)" <= Turn end.
"I throw a punch at him. If he dodges, I'd try to retreat. If he does not, however, I'll take advantage and continue with a kick to the chest." <= Turn end.

Yes, battle posts, especially in melee range, are supposed to be short (in terms of actions, not descriptions), as they really limit the amount of things you can do in a reasonable period of time.

You asked when does one take damage, didn't you? Well, that's up to the player or, if things get complicated, to the GM. To harm the other player, you must corner them. In that kind of situation, a good roleplayer will accept it, even death. It's complicated, but that's how things go, usually, in most RPs.

Blackdeath6031
September 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
What if we have a base number of actions, but people with some special abilities or higher AGI can do an additional one or two more actions?

So with A-A vs A, both of you have the same number of actions.

GM editing also seems fine. Makes sense like that to match the flow.

^ Got a point thar.

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
How would GM editing be carried out? Would we submit our turns to a designated third party who pieces them together in sequence?

@Blackdeath: Yeah, but remember that accelerated reaction time also means that you have more chances to miss in certain situations. Like getting a good konk on the head from being overpowered by something larger, and so you're disoriented.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Alright Sol, I think we should try Hero's idea first it sounds pretty solid. Would that be alright with you?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
@Milbunk: ...We kinda were doing that until my last IC post.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Pretty much hero said, if you do one action you can either end your turn then or start the setup for the next action. But if we really should get a limit how about 3?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
@Milbunk: Either way. *Sigh.* We'll figure something out. Just waiting on you now.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Before I react, would you mind explaining exactly what you did?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
@Milbunk: You charged at me, I switched from a slide to do the same.

You began an overhead swing w/ your left diagonally at me from your right side (so your torso was turned side-profile), while I switched the bow into a projection of a polearm weapon.

I blocked the left-handed strike, then one from your right which I swiveled w/ so I could be in that arm's blindspot.

You swiveled in the opposite direction to use your left while your right recovered to do a subsequent thrust; the 1st i ducked then countered, the second I countered directly.

Then I kicked at you, but it was mainly just a brush as you managed to jump away to regain your balance.

I thrusted at you three times, which were blocked/dodged, then spun my weapon in a few circuits to ward you off before i straightened and we began striking at each other while circling around.

Elyrin
September 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
If you get to the point where your opponent has to react to something, you should really be stopping...

Retcons, go?

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
@Elyrin: :P

@Milbunk: We're pretty much on even footing where I left off. I can change it if you want to...

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Tell you what, I'll let you keep it but I'm about to make things get hot.

Elyrin
September 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Don't you :P at me, Soldat. I'm being completely serious here =|

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
@Milbunk: Fair enough. Note that I didn't abuse the liberties I took, though.

@Elyrin: :P Sing a new song, the issue's already been addressed.

Elyrin
September 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
;_;

Soldat der Trauer
September 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
And so my Origin comes back to bite me. How ironic.

Milbunk
September 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry for the delay, I was thinking of something to do.

Milbunk
September 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
So what did you think of my idea Sol? (I kind of came up with it on the spot.)

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
@Milbunk: The whole improvised jumping platforms thing? Clever.

As soon as I saw you start your Archer's variant of the UBW chant, though, I went "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAK", thinking I'm going to have to face an RM soon. You kind stumped me on how to respond until I decided to improvise this afternoon.

So yeah, my weapon belonged to one of the Ming assassins from Sword of the Stranger. Bloody awesome, literally.

Milbunk
September 5th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Okay I've posted, let's see what happens next.

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 02:06 AM
@Milbunk: ...This is just getting ridiculous, but then again you do have free reign over your character's mindset seeing as he's a fan creation...

*Sigh.*

Milbunk
September 5th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Oh don't worry he is doing this for a very good reason. (Hopefully we will find out soon, but I kinda agree with you on the stupidity of what I'm doing maybe next time we should make more limits to what you can do with a person?)

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 02:14 AM
@Milbunk: The problem is that, physically, you could have amazing muscle strength and control, but the bloody Projections are just hovering in midair w/ no kind of support to let them remain in place for you to push off of.

You'd literally sink the moment you tried, no matter reaction time.

The second shield I used was doable b/c I pulled towards it w/ my arms even as I braced and pushed off w/ my legs, thus letting me have "stable" ground to work w/ for the one second I needed.

You're mostly just going off Art Major Physics from the sound of it.

*Beat.*

Or maybe I'm just to nit-picky about details that let me justify my actions in the setting. *Sigh.*

Milbunk
September 5th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Hmm, if you really think it sounds impossible to do, I can change it.

Satehi
September 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Actually, pushing off a shield is doable in real life- you'd need super reflexes though, and it most likely wouldn't get you very far, since you'd need to have your leg hit the thing faster than it can fall, and make the shield move down faster, but it's doable.

If your a heroic spirit.

I'm not sure pulling a shield falling towards you would work that way exactly though- considering when you pull it towards you, you are also moving closer to it, and gaining momentum in the opposite direction of the one you want to go. Although you could probably just kick off it regularly.

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah, so I'm just winging things now. I'm pretty sure w/i Milbunk's next 4 posts I'll be stuck in his Anti-Archer's RM.

How long would anyone say that the UBW could be sustained, theoretically?

Elyrin
September 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Well... probably quite a while.

Unless it breaks or something, I don't see UBW fading as long as Archer is still alive.

SeiKeo
September 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah, so I'm just winging things now. I'm pretty sure w/i Milbunk's next 4 posts I'll be stuck in his Anti-Archer's RM.

How long would anyone say that the UBW could be sustained, theoretically?

Don't think there's ever been a cost said for UBW. So, no clue.

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
@Elyrin: Remember that an RM guzzles prana compared to the varying "sips" an individual Projection w/o it costs.

Tch, I'm probably going to have to take it on like Survival Mode for a while...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Blackdeath6031
September 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Good luck! :3

Soldat der Trauer
September 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
@Blackdeath: Danke, I'm going to need it.

Soldat der Trauer
September 6th, 2011, 11:40 PM
@Milbunk: Yeah, your recent post? Kinda have to call BS on that one.

1) Kanshou and Bakuya II (x3) would have gotten to you 1st, and these suckers arc more wildly as soon as they detach, and fly WAY faster than if thrown by hand.

2) Hrunting wasn't 'barely charged'. Think of it like F/HA's 3rd shot, not the 1st.

3) Even if you deflected it once, you're still in freefall in the goddamn air. Nothing to prevent you from going like Zero Berserker and go arcing off into the distance b/c of all the sheer kinetic force, man. Even if you had used Rho Aius, deflection means you're going to get tossed back to some degree. Herakles, for example, would get thrown a bit, but nowhere near the same value if it had been done by Kojiro, who'd be sent all the way across the city.

4) You're using a mundane metal baseball bat to deflect a legendary weapon. Huh. Okay, well, first:
It is also impossible to apply Reinforcement to objects recorded within Unlimited Blade Works. So, your tactic? No go according to canon, apparently. Shirou improves the basic structure in his head before actually Tracing it if the last attempt sucked ass. But let's say you can have a Broken baseball bat. Well, it's still something mundane going up against a legendary weapon that, oh yeah, is flying right at you like missile. Hitting that thing w/o setting it off, you're still going to suffer damage beyond a simple scratch even w/ Reinforcement (maybe not broken bones, which is a stretch in of itself, but definitely a sprain in there besides severe internal blood vessel rupturing), and the weapon you used is going to shatter as if it exploded in your hands. 'Strong as any sword'? Dude, yeah that bat's going to be totaled.

Just b/c "they're a Servant, lol" does not excuse hand waving ridiculous feats still w/i the scope of physics and common sense. And EMIYA is a jack-of-all-trades, not a melee specialist like Arturia or, better yet in this case, Heracles. Reinforcement is not the be all, end all. It helps out, but it's not supposed to be a crutch. Otherwise EMIYA would have had no problem going toe to toe w/ Prana Burst or Mad Enhancement like a pro.

Oh, and sorry if I just came off as an antagonistic douche bag, but seriously, this last post was leaning over the ass-pull line.

Milbunk
September 7th, 2011, 12:03 AM
1. You know I think I might have forgotten about the arrows which is both a stupid mistake and an accidental one. (My apologies.)

2. How long does it take to charge one of that power?

3. Yeah I am probably not going straight down anymore, now I think I'm going more at an angle due to the Hrunting.

4. The bat I used wasn't reinforced just then. It had been modified during his lifetime in order to mock opponents by hitting away their weapons with nothing but a simple bat.

It might help to have someone else with this last thing. Sorry if I'm seemingly getting more and more ridiculous I'm trying to act like both a sane Archer and crazy one at the same time.

Soldat der Trauer
September 7th, 2011, 01:48 AM
@Milbunk: Mirrorverse!Shirou wasn't completely insane, he was just as arrogant as Gilgamesh but as evil as Zouken.

2) Looks like 25 seconds from the scene in F/HA, but that was including the travel time from over 4 km, a much larger distance than what we're actually dealing w/ here. Also, Hrunting had already been Traced by my touchdown, so the charging process had already begun by the time I knelt.

3) It's more like you're arcing away, like a grenade that just bounced. Except you'll be traveling at who knows what speeds from having to pit your own mass against the kinetic energy of a magical steel missile.

4) See, I would not have known that information from your IC post, but even that sounds broken for something that came from the modern era as nothing more than an ordinary item originally.

See if Hero can't help you out again.

hero
September 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
So, if I get the picture right, not taking into account Mil's last post, A-A should be projecting shields and using them as stairs to buy time and finish the UBW (?) chant. The knight in red, on the other hand, goes back to the ground and begins an all-out assault with K&B arrows and intends to finish the job with a Hrunting.

1) I believe, correct me if you think I'm wrong, Hrunting would reach its target roughtly after the three K&B II do, due to the higher speed and power of the former arrow. Unless you think point 2 is correct, then it might take some more time.
2) Even so, I'd say it'd taken you 2 to 3 seconds to charge. That is, if you wanted it to gain the properties of a Broken Phantasm, which assume is the case (See, Archer always leaves the scene for some time before releasing a BP. Even when the distance isn't so large). That said, A-A should be able to sense the charging of this last 'arrow', due to it being charged and you being on the same area (as in, not miles away)
3) Yeah, nothing to say. Given that Mil forgot about the K&B x3 and now that the Hrunting issue has been clarified, the post will be modified so it's not necessary to adress this.
4)I have no knowledge on this. I have not read SH, and so I don't know the extent of A-A's abilities. For instance, I'd like to now if him projecting shields is something that happens on that fic, or something that came out of Mil's interpretation.

Milbunk
September 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
To Sol:Hmm, I think I remember you saying something about my shields obstructing your view can you still see me?

Soldat der Trauer
September 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
@Milbunk: In free fall I had Archer twist himself midair so he could aim around the edges of the shields w/o actually breaking cover for them. Think of it like sticking a gun around a corner wall in order to blind fire, except w/ a bow and having a pretty good guess of where you're at due to True Mind's Eye and the fact that you keep talking.

@Hero:

1) Yes, the modified K&B II's ought to reach Milbunk first just in time for Hrunting to close the distance.

2) Well, yeah, I didn't immediately fire upon touchdown, I waited a few seconds for the former three projectiles to delay Milbunk while I Broke it.

4) This is all Milbunk. I think I can buy now his use of the stepping shields if he Projected them as moving upwards enough that his weight when he pushed off them to jump would just immediately make him sink. Like if he was sword spam firing vertically, but slower and w/ blunt objects. My previous stance on this point still stands.

hero
September 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I see. Well, I'll try to help Mil, but I'm not sure how that would go without stepping further into ridiculous moves.

4) Why would he need to shoot them vertically? I understand your logic, and the one that's been applied so far (The shields fall). But so you know, Archer (and by extension A-A) is able to make his weapons levitate, so he should be able to use those as stairs just fine, no?

Soldat der Trauer
September 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
@Hero: The shields are just being Projected hovering in mid-air--- but that's it. Nothing keeps them in place against gravity, and the whole "lol, he's a Servant, so HAX reaction time" argument seems stupid.

Let's suppose a normal sword rain is at velocities of 70 m/s. I'm saying Milbunk just has to Project the shields going at like 10 or 15 m/s, enough that the upward force fights off gravity enough that when he steps and pushes off the surface it doesn't sink from the combination of his weight being applied to a relatively low-mass object that's hanging adrift in the sky w/ no support.

It only has to take a second, yeah, but something has to push back from the underside to counteract his downward-oriented weight. You see?

Milbunk
September 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Alright Sol thanks to some help from hero I have fixed up my latest post, check it out.

Soldat der Trauer
September 7th, 2011, 03:33 PM
@Milbunk: ...Huh. Well, that edit certainly made things interesting. So, let's see:

1) Kanshou & Bakuya II (x3) were evaded by heading straight down.

2) Hrunting was deflecting but tore through an arm w/ light injuries.

3) You're flying right at me w/ Dark Caliburn.

4) You're forcing me to choose between keeping you sighted (but risk getting heavily injured) or dodging out of the way (but risk having to give up on Hrunting making a second pass).

Hmm... Okay, well, I've already got a few counters for all that in mind, actually.

hero
September 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't expect any less from you, Sol.

But I'm kind of happy we managed to get out of that ugly situation we were in.

Soldat der Trauer
September 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM
@Milbunk: What would you say is your current proximity in relation to me by the end of that last post? And how fast, at that?

hero
September 8th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Having helped Milbunk, I can answer that question, Sol.

Pretty close actually. By the end of the 'spin' he does, he should be able to reach you with his sword.

... Yeah.

Close and fast enough to prevent you from dealing an instant counter blow, instead forcing you to go defensive or try to dodge.

Milbunk
September 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Pretty much what hero said yeah.

Soldat der Trauer
September 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
@Hero and Milbunk: Thought so. Only one word is suitable enough to convey my feelings.

Tch.

hero
September 8th, 2011, 10:51 AM
'Tch' as 'Tch, I'm cornered'

or

'Tch' as 'Tch, I'm going to have to utterly destroy you on my next turn'

?

D:

Soldat der Trauer
September 8th, 2011, 08:48 PM
@Hero: Setting that concern aside (for now...), how much of the blade would hit me if I stood my ground? Just a bit past the tip, or already most of the blade's length? And how's Milbunk's altitude? Right above me, or just about level w/ my top half?

Oh, and from which of his sides is he swinging? Is it a swing horizontally across, or diagonally downwards?

hero
September 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I apologize for that lack of info.

It's a sign of friendly competition of you to actually ask, thank you.

(In case you didn't know, the lack of info on a roleplayer's post can be filled in by you, in a more... Competitive Scenario.)

1) Not most of it, but not a little past the tip either. Something in between.
2) Hmmm...

o o *
o M o
S o o

S =>Soldat's Char.
M =>Milbunk's Char at the end of his post.
* => The way Milbunk's char came from.
o => Empty Space.

So yeah, not right above you, on level with your top half, I guess?

3) After performing that spin near the end of the post, the slash comes. It's a swing diagonally downwards, which would initially come in contact with your right side (Shoulder length), and end on your LEFT side (a little above your weist). That is, assuming you don't defend at all. This was probably not mentioned or unknown to you, but A-A's dominant hand is the left hand as opposed to Archer, whose dominant hand is the right. This is because A-A is somewhat of a Mirror Image of Archer, or that's what I gathered when Mil told me about it.
4) Love your avatar.
5) Sorry for the trouble. Given all the help I'm giving, you could say you are getting double-teamed on some posts. Hope you like a good handicap? Other than that, good job, your narration is... Attractive (?) and your previous issue with multi-actions seems to be fixed in the most part. Good job :)

Soldat der Trauer
September 9th, 2011, 03:33 AM
@Hero: Danke for the clarification. AND THAT'S B/C CIEL(~SAMA~!!!!!!!) IS LOVE.

I'll try writing later.

Milbunk
September 14th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hey Sol, I don't want to rush or anything but do you have any plans to post soon?

Soldat der Trauer
September 14th, 2011, 10:01 PM
@Milbunk: Actually, I was finishing up right now. Good timing.

Soldat der Trauer
September 14th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sooooooooo, yeah, I expect some form of outcry against me.

SeiKeo
September 14th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Was I afraid that Lotus had murdered Sol after the Grill War IC post? Yes. Am I afraid now? No.

Milbunk
September 15th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that is impossible to do right now, but I'm gonna wait for hero before I start complaining.

Soldat der Trauer
September 15th, 2011, 01:32 AM
@Mibunk: A number of things towards the end were just Archer's thoughts on the topic. But really, there's only so far the whole 'indomitable shounen spirit gig' can go when you're backed into a corner.

Man, this is going to get rough...

@Elyrin: I can see you down there. Got something on your mind?

Blackdeath6031
September 15th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hold up, gimme a bit to read it.

EDIT:
Alright, had a read of it but admittedly I lost track of things here and there several times so please bear with me, and do correct me if I end up mistaken. >_<

I think the main thing I have a problem with your post is time. I personally don't think the time gap between you throwing the KnBs + firing Hrunting and A-A slamming down with Anti-Caliburn is enough for you to not only project and charge Caladbolg, but also to project Avalon, jump up to meet A-A.

I think what you said earlier about how...

You're forcing me to choose between keeping you sighted (but risk getting heavily injured) or dodging out of the way (but risk having to give up on Hrunting making a second pass).
...is true, and with your actions just now you'd probably (though REALLY pushing it) be able to pull off an Avalon. Forcing both of you to change roles PLUS slam A-A into a broken Caladbolg is taking more time that you should be able to.

Which leads to the next thing.
From your post it seems like your saying that A-A can't do anything in his position. Yes, it's harder to maneuver because A-A's midair and yes, you did pull off some Chinese kenpo moves to stun and disable A-A. But when did Archer get kenpo? o_o
As far as I know he has his own style of close range combat focused on blades. He has experience in archery due to being in the archery club and, arguably, his nightly magecraft practice plus his eventual SAVE DA WORLD stuffs. But I least expected kenpo from Archer. >_<

You also do say in your posts that A-A can't do anything, and I can kind of tell that it's Archer's own analysis. But it does feel like you're explicitly limiting his actions by giving your own the initiative several turns before it should actually occur.
I'm not fully sure how people normally rp combat, but I personally think that even if the opponent cannot do anything, the fighter should still allow them to try,or failing that, acknowledge it by stating they cannot avoid/block/counter and so on.

Also, about Avalon...
I'm looking at the Type-Moon wikia's entry on it (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Avalon), and in the references there is a Q&A that is allegedly from Complete Material III, which says and I quote...

Q: Archer's greatest defense is "Rho Aias", but if he were the same person as Shirou, shouldn't his greatest protection be "Avalon"? In the Rin route, Archer knew that the holy sword's sheath was inside Shirou, so wouldn't the Heroic Spirit form of the Shirou that "knew" that the sheath was merged with him be Archer?
A: Avalon’s power won't work if Saber's not connected to it. It's a different story during the Grail War, but all it does when Saber isn't around is make Shirou's magic attribute into "sword". Also, after the Grail War is taken apart, the line between him and her will be gone, so it's best to think that his image of "Avalon" also disappeared.

So Avalon should not be usable by either of you, and so projecting it should be pointless, if not invalid.

Caladbolg might also be a problem, but I'm not sure if its only because of how I'm picturing it. Looking at Caladbolg, it seems like there's no proper foot hold save the handguard. I'd think that it'd be a problem when you break it and your foot's touching it. I dunno.

Anyway, those are what I felt uncomfortable about from the post.
Correct me where I'm wrong please >_<

hero
September 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
^Good job, BD.

Again, your post is great, it would make an awesome add to a fic chapter. But post that in the Grill IC thread, or any other for that matter, and you will be killed by the players or by the GM himself (if he happens to be a serious one...). I agree with most if not all what BD said.

I can see you like to think of original stuff and moves, which by no means is wrong, but it is indeed harder to pull, and just like right now, it can make your post lose credit. Go for simple. Not only it makes easy to understand and picture what you do, it also gives less room for critics.

Mil's last post just pushed you lightly against the corner. It was nothing serious. Don't try to think of the perfect counter for his attack, go for simple. For instance, you could just evade the attack and gain distance at the same time. Who cares if you lost Hrunting? It's a game of give and take. You could have just jumped back and shot some other powerful arrow at A-A's landing point. Would it push your opponent against a corner? Probably. Is it simple? yes. Less complains? Most likely so.

Take it like this. RPing is like playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater as a noob. Difficult and impressive moves give you more points, but you are more likely to fall, and if you do it, you'll lose several points. Doing simple moves gives you less points but it's very unlikely that you will fall. Free points!

Well, today I have a test, so don't expect another reply or post or something till tomorrow.

Soldat der Trauer
September 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hmm...

Okay. I shall reflect on these things.

@Blackdeath: Every BP Archer makes in canon is physically touching his hands. His hands are usually uncovered. Here, his boots, made from the same synthetic material his bow is fashioned of, is insulating his feet.

Milbunk
September 15th, 2011, 04:42 PM
So are you going to edit you post?

Soldat der Trauer
September 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
@Milbunk: That was the plan from the very start, actually. All this was a testing of the waters, if you will. Kinda helps to drive the point home.

Even I'm not that much of a cheater. :P

Blackdeath6031
September 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
@Blackdeath: Every BP Archer makes in canon is physically touching his hands. His hands are usually uncovered. Here, his boots, made from the same synthetic material his bow is fashioned of, is insulating his feet.
Yeah, alrighty. I knew I was thinking about that wrongly xD

Milbunk
September 15th, 2011, 11:57 PM
To Sol: Alright I just wanted to check.

Also Blackdeath and I have an announcement. After Sol and my battle is done we would like to do a 2v2 match. This would be me and someone (Maybe hero?) against Blackdeath and someone (No idea lol.). What do you guys think to that?

Soldat der Trauer
September 16th, 2011, 01:42 AM
@Milbunk: Would there actually be more formalized rules this time? Or at least conditions and whatnot?

Milbunk
September 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, we would probably try to fix the system up a little but using the experience we've gained from this fight.

Blackdeath6031
September 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I think something like what Ragnarok has for it's turns might be worth considering, so each turn as a set duration - no maximum, no minimum, but a duration that's fairly small. That gives everyone enough time to react, and prevents any problems with having too much initiative.

Ragnarok itself is using 2 seconds per turn. Not sure how that'd fit here.

hero
September 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
But Ragnarok works like some kind of turn RPG system, no?

For instance, if my AGI is higher, I dodge. If it's lower I must get hit.
Spells and attacks do a set amount of damage. That would imply adding numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bryn's System... In her RP. If the purpose of this thread is to learn how to properly fight in RPs, I think we should follow the way most RPs here do, which is free form.

In any case, I'd like to see more people interested in this. Cause right now, only a few are participating.

Blackdeath6031
September 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Oh, yeah. Fair enough.

Milbunk
September 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Alright, me and BD have been talking and I think we need to work out some sort of level. We should probably decide between Servant or Master's because of the issues of trying to use both.

Blackdeath6031
September 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Personally, I'm currently thinking masters with minimal use of supernatural abilities might be a good way to go (EDIT: though I actually haven't really brought this up until now).

But that's just an opinion and an idea amongst many.

That, and I think Xal has mindblock when it comes to choosing/creating characters for this, so that's a problem we need to work around if we're going completely masters.

Milbunk
October 10th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Okay now that we have mot of the Master and Servant things sorted out lets work on the next set of things. Where do we wanna have this battle take place?

Soldat der Trauer
October 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM
@Milbunk: Urban area. Like...how about Fuyuki in the midst of the fire? Wait, that'd be cheating in my case... But I'm up against Orochi...

I don't know, but definitely somewhere urban.

Blackdeath6031
October 11th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I'm personally going to vote for a grasslands-type area, a bamboo forest or the grounds of an ancient Shinto-styled temple.

That's where my character holds the most advantage, at least.

Ryuudo Temple, inclusive of the surrounding forest and the steps + part of the street it's on and maybe the caves is also somewhat fine with me. Less keen on that, but it works.

EDIT:
Also, Soldat. Sheet pwease :3

Milbunk
October 11th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Oh btw just to let you know, I'm fine with any area but I would prefer it if it was raining or about to start raining.

Soldat der Trauer
October 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
...Then, how about Ryuudou Temple while it's raining, w/ the stairway and cave system still being available? The forest is out because apparently an unknown number of trees from the steps, the boundary field covering the mountain kicks in. It could only be a few, it could be a few dozen meters, I have no idea. But the forest is deadly to a Servant unless they have some way to survive the field.

Milbunk
October 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
If that's what you guys are fine with then so am I. Also I take it it's during the night.

To Sol: Hey do you have any plans on editing your post so that we could continue our Archer fight?

Blackdeath6031
October 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM
*thinks Xal should have a say on the setting too* :x

Milbunk
October 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Good point, where is he btw?

Blackdeath6031
October 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
...No idea.

I'll check msn when I get the chance to.

Xaldin
October 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I'm fine with the Ryuudo Temple setting. Or any setting, so long as it's not indoors because that would just lead to a structure collapse on our characters.

Blackdeath6031
October 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Wait, so Xal and I don't have Sol's sheet.

Can we get a copy of it?

Soldat der Trauer
October 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
@Blackdeath: No one has my sheet.

Not even me. >_>

@Milbunk: When I don't have an impending paper or exam, sure.

Blackdeath6031
October 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
In that case we start when the current one is over and we all have your sheet on hand I guess....? :3

Soldat der Trauer
October 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
@Blackdeath: One of the problems aside from college (arrrgh, I need an idea for a paper on The Medea that isn't obvious) is that I can't settle my pick b/t two slots for Skills, and in terms of NPs one of them would make a tremendous amount of sense, but would kinda be rather HAX. B/c my oldest brother (by about 17 years, at least, than me) got back into watching anime, and he got me to give Gungrave a chance when I put Black Lagoon on hiatus, I eventually drifted over to Mononoke.

OH MY GOD, I CAME. SUCH A GOOD SHOW, IF TOO BRIEF. And that NP idea I had but was having trouble w/ (b/c it didn't feel like an NP) got revitalized from watching that show. But to get it accepted, Xaldin's character might need to go full "one-winged angel" just to make it fair for everybody.

Xaldin
October 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Well, my character was approved in full so he'll be having all 3 phases.

And Gungrave is really good, I rank it pretty high up there.

Blackdeath6031
October 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
...I should really watch Gungrave...

I'll do it after I finish Speedgrapher >_<

Xaldin
October 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Speedgrapher's pretty close on my to watch list, actually. Any good?

Blackdeath6031
October 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM
No idea, really. I lost my files on it, so I gotta relocate it.

Interesting concept, though.

Soldat der Trauer
October 12th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Speedgrapher? Aw man, fun times. I saw that right after I let this anime magazine I bought on a whim lead me to Mnemosyne (SO HOT).

An interesting premise, and a rather decent OST to go w/ the scenes (c'mon, "Girls on Film" by Duran Duran is the OP song). The pacing can be a bit slow, though. The climax before the finale and the epilogue, oh man... The climax was BEAUTIFUL. The track that goes w/ it, I think it's "Bitter Victory", brings a tear to my eye at the sheer 'you got pwned' by the plot on the first viewing.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Ok it appears that Sol is not going to do anything any time soon. Would anybody else be interested in a fight using canon characters?

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I could be.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hmm, if it would be alright with you then I'll take you on. Do you have a preference on power leves and about the other things?

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
No powerlevel preference, am not familiar with Melty Blood.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Alright then if it's alright with you we will do a Servant battle. I'll let you pick who you want to use first then I'll decide.

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Limits for what Servants I can draw from?

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
To be fair you can use anything canon since you get first pick. (This includes extra but for simplicity not apocryphia.) Be aware that if you pick someone insanely strong like Berserker or Gilgamesh I will probably counter with someone equally strong.

hero
November 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
You must pick either Nero, Joan or Alter.

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Zero Berserker.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Alright so you are gonna go with Lancelot, is he permanently mad enhanced?

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm not really sure it makes a difference for Lancelot for some reason, as he can still draw his sword while under ME. So, IDK.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Well I wasn't sure if Berserkers were sane or not or how that would work.

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Not as if Lancelot has his combat abilities impaired by ME, kind of.

Satehi
November 10th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Think his ability to strategize is impaired, but he should still swing his sword like a pro.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Makes sense I'll think of who to use in a sec.

Milbunk
November 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Okay I'm gonna use Sasaki for my character. Since you picked first you can choose the terrain and the time of day.

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Terrain: Thick, overgrown forest. Time: Morning.

2ndsly
November 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Meh.

After all the current fights are done, I'd like to do ne where we are ourselves.
Any number free for all.

I was thinking we build are character as 'normals' but withs actual stats that help determin how things go with a set amount of points to go in them and a upper limit for each

Ex
Stregth
Thoughness
Endurance
Speed
Intelligence

Some of these are obvious,
Speed determines actions per post
Intelligence determines how much BS you can come up with to be accepted

Like I said, after the other fights are done.

Milbunk
November 23rd, 2011, 01:59 AM
Okay fellow people I have an announcement to make. As of this moment this RP will be put on hold for a while why I take some time to sort things out in my head. (Probably for at least a month or so.) Then again it's not like this was moving anyway so people will probably not really care but whatever. If someone wishes to take control while I am away a simple PM will suffice and I'll send them all the necessary information.

I apologize for my disappearance and I felt that this would be better then simply disappearing.

Milbunk
July 17th, 2012, 02:33 AM
So considering the fact that Leo is most likely never going to post again would anybody else be interested in a fight here? I'm good with pretty much any Type-Moon character and setting.

Soldat der Trauer
August 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Care to have another go? New match, of course.

Milbunk
August 19th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Oh Sodat you're back? Sure I'll be willing to go for another round if you want to.

Soldat der Trauer
August 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Care to try using something like in Fortissimo for a change?

Milbunk
August 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Haven't heard of it, what's that like?

Soldat der Trauer
August 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Oh. Well, Kratosirving has a let's play (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/408-Fortissimo-EXA-Akkord-Bsusvier-Discussion-and-Video-Walkthrough) he's been kind enough to update for a while, and Hero has an RP (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2525-Fortissimo-EXS-Trigger-Verzweiflung) currently ongoing that's based off the plot premise.

Long story short, a magic tournament for a prize no one's sure of, and the battles are waged in an extra-dimensional plane called Eyespace; Eyespace occurs on its on w/ seemingly no warning and no reason, and the only way out is for there to be a death of at least one contestant; if no one is killed w/i 24 hours, the whole island is destroyed via a forced transition into Eyespace, along w/ everyone on it. The contestants can be any age and background, but they all possess a unique Magic Weapon whose existence basically makes them immortal; the only way to kill a Fortissimo Magus is to destroy their Weapon, and only another Weapon can do that, even if the abilities granted to the owner puts them at a level equal or superior to Nasuverse Servants. Every Weapon is also capable of a Last Resort, which are basically OP Noble Phantasms.

Oh, and killed Magi are basically dotstabbed out of memory.

Milbunk
August 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Sounds a little complicated though I ain't saying no just yet, what kind of situation were you thinking? (People in the fight location etc.)

Soldat der Trauer
August 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Basically, pretend we were actually in the Fortissimo RP, and organize character sheets more or less in the same format under the setting's rules. Unless we were either willing to go to the trouble of RPing other NPCs or able to get someone else to join us, the two of us would just proceed to fight it out.

As far as location... I recall that there's something like a marsh to the north of the island that's as equal parts water as it is earth.

Milbunk
August 20th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hmm after giving a day to think about I figure it's worth a shot, just get me some good info on how to create a character and how things go with this and I'll do it. It's never a bad idea to try new things after all.

Soldat der Trauer
August 21st, 2012, 02:04 AM
That's the spirit. As far as how to make a Fortissimo Magus, Hero's RP's OOC intro (linked previously above) pretty much spells it out: character sheets essentially hinge on one's Potential (aka their experience) and one's Weapon. Weapons have to be named after someone/-where/-thing from any mythology (the VN focused on Norse), though the name and the object don't have to exactly match up the same as in the myth (ex: Laventein is a sword in mythology, but STARLIGHT BREAKER in the VN). Compared to Nasuverse sheets, Fortissimo's setting allows for a character to field some really OP or just outrageous stuff, and that's only counting the spells, not even a Last Resort; thus, you're free to take liberties and make a character like Caster!Medea w/o stretching things much.

Name: The full name of your character.
Codename: The identity your character assumes in the world of magic, often related to his/her ability or reputation. It could be a title like "King" or "Executor", or the name of a famous deity/hero like "Thor" or "Odin".
Weapon: Just the name of your Magical Weapon. It must be that of a mythological weapon or creature, but does not have to necessarily fit with whatever its is based off. In other words, you could create a magical revolver named after a legendary sword. It would be cool if the name you choose has relation with the skills of the weapon.
Background: Everything we need to know about your character. Personality, backstory, looks, etc.

Stats: Each player gets 230 points to distribute among six attributes. Their ranks go from F (10 points) to S (70 points). You probably know the ranks in between (E; D; C; B; A). You spend points in multiples of 10 and no attribute should be below 10 points. Potential's default rank is considered S. However, the player can reduce its rank (up to F) to get additional points to spend on the six main attributes. You gain 10 points for each rank of Potential you sacrifice for a maximum of 60 points. As a final note, each stat (including potential) offers an additional secret bonus if they are ranked S.

Power: The physical strength of your character. The higher it is, the more damage you can do with physical attacks and the easier you can come out of bindings and the like. Consider yourself fucked if you find yourself in a trap that requires a power check and it happens that yours is not high enough to break free...

Speed: This stat also includes reflexes and coordination. The higher it is, the easier it is for you to evade an attack or flee from battle. If you are a melee fighter and you are facing a ranged enemy, this attribute could also help you to close the distance between the two of you and gain an advantage. Then again, your opponent might have decided to invest in the same stat...

Range: The range of your initial runes and other attacks. Usually low if you are using a melee weapon, high if you go for something like magical machinegun. A low rank will force you to start your game with a limited number of ranged techniques (or none). Your Last Resort is not affected by this limitation.

Vitality: Shows how healthy the character is. It determines initial HP and acts as an armor like stat that reduces certain kind of damage the character might take. As If that wasn't enough, it also helps to calculate the magus' regenerative factor. A very important stat if you want to live long. If it reaches zero, the character will be 'defeated' and won't be able to take actions other than the three basic free actions one can take: Watching, hearing and speaking. How much time one takes in recovering depends on the regenerative factor.

Precision: Represents hit rate and accuracy. At higher ranks it can also prevent an attack from becoming a lethal strike, prevent someone from dodging your attacks by ignoring the Speed Attribute, and who knows, maybe something more!

Mana: Represents the magical capacity of the character and determines the MP s/he gets at the start of the game. It's an important stat because special attacks like Runes and Last Resort rely on MP to be used or activated. If it reaches zero, the character can no longer use special techniques unless stated otherwise.

Potential: Shows what chances your character has at defying fate; as well as determining his or her growth rate. Also, the higher it is, the less years of experience you have as a magus (Consider S someone who is not aware of the magical world around him or who has just awakened his/her magical weapon) and the less amount of techniques and skills you can start with. But this price you pay at the beginning might prove to be worth it on later rounds... Or save your life during the first.

Armament: Explain your magical weapon in detail. Remember your magical weapon represents something you are attached to with your life, so take your time to explain what it is and how does it work. Just an introduction, not the actual powers and skills in detail.

Runes: Your magical techniques go here, including those non unique spells that are not related to your magical weapon. Depending on your potential stat, you start with 1, 3 or 5 runes (Rank S and A get 1; Rank B, C and D get 3; Rank E and F get 5). Remember range also limits the nature of the spells you might create.

Last Resort: Your ultimate attack. Something absolute, unrivaled by other techniques below its level. The power level for these attacks is often high, so high a character will most likely die if he doesn't counter with one of his/her own. To put it simple, if your maximum HP is 100, an finisher of this kind might have an offensive force of 1000. Make sure to give them a concept and remember that a stronger concept defeats a weaker concept. This is usually what determines the winner in a Last Resort clash.

Other Skills: Miscellaneous skills that anyone can develop with time. Examples could be Martial Arts or Battle Strategist. Please consider that your character is still human so he cannot be the best in that area if s/he is just a teenager. Save yourself the trouble of going 'Best swordsman in the world' because that won't get through. A Rune that makes you the unrivaled best swordsman, however, would make more sense and it would get approved if it fits your character's theme. Depending on your potential stat, you start with 1, 2 or 3 skills (Rank S and A get 1; Rank B, C and D get 2; Rank E and F get 3)

The rules of the Game

1. One cannot manifest their magical weapon outside of Eye Space.
2. One cannot escape Eye Space.
3. People without magical talent cannot be dragged into Eye Space.
4. Only Magi can exist within Eye Space.
5. Eye Space lasts a maximum of twelve hours. During that time, at least one participant must be killed.
6. If no participant is killed by then, a previously decided participant will be killed.
7. If two Magi fight and one of them is killed, the victor is awarded with all the mana points of the loser, increasing his/her overall power and ability.
8. If several Magi fight and one of them dies, only the one to land the finishing blow is considered the victor.
9. The last Magus standing gains access to 'The Ultimate Magic'
10. Anything that somehow manages to break these rules is considered an Irregular or Irregularity.

Magical Weapon

It's not mentioned on the character sheet, but there is a third derivated stat besides HP and MP, and that's Weapon Health Points or WHP for short. It's your true HP value of sorts. While most of the time if your HP reaches 0 you get incapacitated, if your WHP reaches 0 you simply get eliminated and die. So when making your magical weapon it might be wise to think of one that is harder to hit or damage like a coin, rather than one that is always exposed like a sword or a shield. But remember, if you pick the former kind of weapon, many of the attacks will go to your body (HP) if you get damaged. In other words you will be exposed. And there is nothing that prevents your opponent from destroying your weapon while you are incapacitated.

Range

F = Fists, Kicks, or accessories for those (Gauntlets, etc). A knife also fits in. You are limited to the range of the previously mentioned weapons/way of fighting.
E = Range of a normal melee weapon like a sword, and axe and even a spear. You are limited to the range of the previously mentioned weapons when creating runes.
D = If your weapon is too big, you might be required D. Usually this applies to weapons at least twice your size, but case by case basis. You are allowed to create runes that enhance your range to a limited extent. Ex. Energy claws, a fire aura to your sword that extends to more than just the blade.
C = Lowest range needed for a ranged magical weapon. Allows for the creation of AOE attacks and ranged attacks like projectiles. Ex. Explosive fireball, crescent moon slice. However, these runes must be medium-range at best.
B and A = simply enable your character to fight at longer ranges or snipe from far away.
S = Secret.

Kind of like that? Great examples, I know.

Precision

Checks against SPD to determine if you hit or not? Some techniques might have independent precision or add a number to your precision value. At really high levels (read S), has some nice additional effects.

Can our Magical Weapons affect our Stats, both actively or passively?

Normally your magical weapon won't affect your stats.

If you want something like that, create a rune that does so. If its mythologically valid (A very strong sword that powered up the user in legend), the boost might be considerable. If not, just a +1 rank boost? Needless to say it will cost MP. Might be a greater boost if you dominate that attribute (S + Boost)

Bonuses (stat w/ S rank):

Power: Value considered 100. Get one additional rune based on your overwhelming destructive power.

Speed: Certain attacks cannot be avoided by an opponent with lower speed. Gets a free special and high ranked speed based rune. It can be something that enhances your movement even further, allowing you to evade almost everything; or a rune that would provide you with a new method of movement, like flight. It can be related to your magical weapon or it can be an independent spell.

Vitality: Value is considered 100. Damage below 50 is ignored.

Range: Attacks are considered to have unlimited range or ignore range completely. So long as there exists some way to determine the target of the attack, distance won't be an issue. You gain an additional rule slot to be used in a spell that reduces the opponents ability to fight efficiently. It can be a rune which makes using melee attacks more difficult or a rune that completely immobilizes the target, etc. It can be related to your magical weapon or it can be an independent spell.

Precision: x2.0 damage modifier to attacks that can attack an specific part of the body (note this applies to damage only, not attack value). By predicting where the enemy is going to move next, it is possible to ignore SPD in some scenarios and hit him regardless. However, the enemy must be in your range for this to be possible. Modifier currently applies to...

Mana: Value is considered 100. You gain an additional rune slot to be used in a mana based spell or characteristic you have because of your immense supernatural reserves. It could be a magical pressure that weakens the battle ability of those below you; The ability to sense magic in an area; a trait all your spells share or simply a simple mana based spell.

Potential: Value is considered 100. You gain 3 Fate points. A fate point allows you to get growth points in advance and spend them at any given point during the game. However, should you win a battle after using a Fate Point, you earn no growth points (because you already got them).

Calculations:

HP: Vitality value x 15
MP: Mana value x 10
WHP: (Vitality Value + Mana Value) x8
REGEN: Same as Vitality value.

As this would just be a duel and not part of a larger narrative, I think it'd be safe to say that we'd both just assign an "F" rank to the Potential stat; this way we can each max out the number of regular techniques (aka Runes) and Skills we'll start w/. This brings up the issue of checks: while it's fun to think that we don't need a GM to roll for our every action, the sad truth is that otherwise we'd never know where to stop; I remember in the EMIYA vs Mirrorverse!EMIYA fight that you'd start spam-building a staircase of shields, un-suspended, in midair. ...Interesting image, but really?

What I wanted to see is if we couldn't get someone to act as a referee; I remember Hero used to help you write your posts before, though of course now he's working on other stuff too, but nothing's really changed though-- Anyway, I'm gonna ask Hero or Race (maybe even Kratos or Mellon, they're very familiar w/ the setting) if they'd have the chance to look over our profiles, just to help make sure nothing's too insane that we'd later have problems and stall out like before. That said, we'd need a referee to roll the damn dice; maybe they could help do that too, b/c it's not like this thread will have a breakneck speed record for posting. Worth a shot anyway.

EDIT: I almost forgot: here's a link to the Fortissimo wiki (http://fortissimo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Magus), just so you have an idea how the canon character sheets look. Be aware that the wiki 1) only has info for the 1st two versions of the story (original and EXA, not EXS yet) and 2) it only list stats at the beginning of the plot.

Milbunk
August 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Alright I'm working on a character, shouldn't take much longer now.

Soldat der Trauer
August 22nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
...W/ but a single change to the header under your username, I have been rendered utterly befuddled. >_>

Milbunk
August 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
? Not sure what you mean there.

Milbunk
August 24th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry I realize it's taking a bit longer then I thought it would, but here's a sneak preview of the weapon I'm gonna be using, hope it keeps ya interested.

http://i.imgur.com/boFnO.png

Milbunk
August 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Ok so do you just want me to post it here or do I hide for the duel?

Soldat der Trauer
August 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
@Milbunk: So, how's progress?

EDIT: Well, that was odd timing.

Milbunk
August 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah indeed it was.

Soldat der Trauer
August 30th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I'd say hold it, at least until I get word from Hero about my request. You're done, though?

Milbunk
August 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I will be in a few minutes yeah.

Milbunk
September 9th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Sooooo, we starting anytime soon?

Soldat der Trauer
February 14th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Hey you wanna do a fight in the Colosseum? we haven't done one in a while so I figure it might be worth a shot.

Alright lets do something simple first so canon characters only, after the fight we can do custom but it's been a while and I get in touch with my inner fight.

So Servant tier or Master tier first off?

Alright name your character and location you wanna use I'll use someone of around equal potential.

Mwhahahahahaha! It's time for a thread necro!

Well, since we're doing canon, Master-tier characters this time around...

I think I'll go w/ Shirazumi Lio, from Kara no Kyoukai. (Danke, Dullahan!)

Location, location... Well, how about we up the ante a bit, hmm?

Make things a little hectic, say, by having the fight take place in something out of The Lost World: Jurassic Park (the film, I haven't read the book)? W/ hungry dinos involved, yes. Running battle, go!

Milbunk
February 14th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Oh this will be interesting alright I shall pick SHIKI Tohno true head to the Tohno mansion.

So you go ahead and do the starting post I'll be ready when you do.

Soldat der Trauer
February 14th, 2013, 03:47 AM
...And here I was thinking I'd be seeing some Nanaya. Hmmmmm.

Going to "eyeball" the stats, are we? Fine.

Are we going to be requiring a GM/referee of sorts for this? I remember the 1st time we did a match, you kept spanning projections midair, so how are we going to handle something like that? Or should we just do dice rolls for our own actions as a measure of IC luck?

Milbunk
February 14th, 2013, 03:51 AM
I was thinking about doing Nanaya but after playing some BMW I changed my mind at the last second cause I figured SHIKI would be far more interesting.

To be honest I kinda wanna try doing the dice rolls type thing so we could do that if you wanted. (Easier than having a judge as well I'd think.)

Soldat der Trauer
February 15th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Alright, maybe it's just b/c I haven't been in an RP for a while, but I'm suddenly having trouble seeing how we can manage the match responsibly w/ just ourselves, as is. Have a few ideas, but that's all they are.

>What I was thinking was that we'd use Digital Devil Saga's combat system where each of us has a set number of Actions we can take per respective turn (say, 3?). An example would be a sequence like "attack, dodge, attack"; each of these moves costs one full Action, and once your amount is reached, it's the next player's turn.

Now, you can stretch out your turn by instead using Half-Actions, but these apply to certain options. An example would be "pick up a rock", and then a follow-up command of "throw the rock"; each count as Half-Actions. Also, Half-Actions don't necessarily have to immediately follow one another: an example would be "pick up rock, run, jump, throw rock", or "Half-/Full-/Full-/Half-". Actually, I take that back, some Half-Actions might have to need an immediate follow-up, but those are specially circumstantial.

>Another topic to address: our respective "healing factors". Those should come into play here, but the main question is to what degree. Since we aren't using numerical stat values, one option is that we each roll dice to get some random outcome, and use that in a formula stolen from inspired by Hero's Fortissimo RP (unless you've a better choice). Every other round, we could roll to see how many points of health we get back.

>Ah yes, another issue: how to determine death. Especially w/ SHIKI, since his inherent ability is to adjust to critical organ failure and stay alive; how very inhuman. Maybe we each agree to start out w/ a pool of, I dunno, 500 HP?

>I was only sorta-joking about including dinos: are we? They'd need dice rolls of their own for randomly popping in during the match.

Milbunk
February 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I think I see where you're going with the full actions thing and I can work with that just as long as there is none of that take my action during your turn kinda thing, I also agree with the healing factors and dice rolls for the dinos thing as well.

Soldat der Trauer
February 16th, 2013, 02:01 AM
>DDS's combat involved another mechanic where if you landed an attack of the appropriate affinity the enemy was vulnerable to, you earned another Action slot for your next turn; conversely, if you botched an attack by using an affinity the target was aligned to, you lost an Action slot. Nothing currently comes to mind on how to adapt something similar for present circumstances, though.

>An alternative idea comes from Fate/Extra, where we'd select all our actions for the round and have our turns initiate at the same time; dice rolls would be the deciding factor on who has the advantage. The whole "rock-paper-scissors" dynamic w/ "attack-break-guard" is interesting, but I dunno how we'd go w/ that, or if it's even necessary.

The most bang for buck would probably arise if we upped the number of actions, but I'm leery of trying that. What we could do is that if someone lands at least 2 consecutive rolls (maybe at value 15, exactly, or close enough?), then they get an automatic extra attack Action w/i that same turn.

>So, I'm guessing we'll be using d20 rolls for damage calculation? Maybe we should set area-specific HP correspond in to the head, limbs, and torso?

>Oh, and we should also make mini-profiles to take into account each character's abilities. Like SHIKI has bloodbending, Lio has stealth proficiency, etc. They'd add small (maybe d6 or d8?) bonuses to the normal rolls.

>Oh, and for the dinos, we have to roll 1d13 for likelihood of an encounter, 1d6 for the number appearing at any one time, and d20 for Action effectiveness (each dino gets only 1 Action per round). To make things more fair, we'll have the person who took the most damage w/i three turns roll for the encounter, and then after the dinos are dealt w/ there's a grace period of three turns until the next roll?

Or we could just not include an environmental interference, that's also on the table still, too.

Milbunk
February 16th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Hmm I'm honestly not sure how we should do the combat system, the only ever RP fight I've ever gotten in was with you and that was with a bit of help from hero on what I should do.

but as for the number of dice in each one that all sounds fine to me.

Soldat der Trauer
February 16th, 2013, 03:09 AM
>Same here in regards to experience, aside from the omakes back in Grill War.

Well, no, there were a few others over on Facebook, but those don't really count since there weren't numbers involved, either...

I'm over-complicating things again, aren't I? BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

>So at a rough estimate, here's the proto-HP body chart: Head (65), Arms (70 each), Legs (70 each), Torso (155). Altogether, a total of 500 HP, distributed such that even getting 3 maxed-out attacks in a row on a limb won't instantly knock it out.

Since the torso is getting so many points put into it, though, I'm thinking that unless we change up the distribution even more, the appendages should get a movement bonus added to rolls for defense or evasion, and that the bonus varies depending on the outcome of said roll (ex., roll 10 or lower = +1, roll 11-14 = +2, roll 15 = +3, roll 16-19 = +4, roll 20 = +5).

But that's the thing, it's only a bonus for getting the appendage out of the way; if the roll is still crappy w/o the bonus, you could get a result where the targeted arm bats the knife aside, but the torso gets knicked instead, or something.

>What do you think so far, and do you spot something else yet to be brought up?

Milbunk
February 17th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I think that makes sense so far.