PDA

View Full Version : Fate/EXTRA CCC - No Spoiler Zone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

ItsaRandomUsername
December 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
You already fight Moby Dick.

Or a program named Moby Dick anyway.

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
@Tobias
Apparently he has something else as well says Nasu. "Fights amongst gods are the overpowered vs the overpowered" or something.

Kotollama
December 8th, 2011, 09:32 PM
who cares about the secret boss OP? BOSSES ARE MADE TO BE BEATEN.

Dartz
December 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Someone on /fate/ is being silly and saying that only Arcueid at full power is worthy of being a secret boss in Fate/Extra CCC.

Nothing wrong here. Arc at full power would be the equivalent of Minerva (the embodiment of the planet's consciousness) from FFVII CC. Of course she undisputably fits the role of ultimate hidden boss. Although there are several games that have more than one hidden boss.

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 09:37 PM
@Tobias
Apparently he has something else as well says Nasu. "Fights amongst gods are the overpowered vs the overpowered" or something.

You are thinking of his quote where if you could summon a god you wouldn't even need the holy Grail, which is quite accurate, you just framed that in a way that implied lugh's spear (brionac) was leaps and bounds better then gae-bolg when it's implied that's not the case, especially since gae bolg if flat out better then odin's spear.

GlanGR
December 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe that's the problem? Or maybe it's the fact that Arc already exists in Extraverse?

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
@Dartz
the only one though? We still have 8 other TYPEs at least if we insist only the strongest can be the hidden boss (which you know, ORT is described as such, not Crimson Moon). I'll even throw in some Ether Liners onto the list as well.
@Tobias
well he said he had attack like that as an example so I don't know

Dartz
December 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
@Dartz
the only one though? We still have 8 other TYPEs at least if we insist only the strongest can be the hidden boss (which you know, ORT is described as such, not Crimson Moon). I'll even throw in some Ether Liners onto the list as well.

Those Types won't be on their homeland though, so most of them are likely weaker. And there is still less chance for other Types to appear considering they are from an old fic and have no reason to appear until 1000 years later. It works better with already existing characters people are familiar with. It's the same with the unknown DAA, it's unlikely Nasu would want their first official appearance to be in this game.

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
But ORT
a) is already on Earth
b) is still more powerful than Crimson Moon despite the lack of home ground advantage.

It isn't like we have seen a whole lot of Arc at full power either. She just dicked around in Actress Again a bit. The closest thing she had to a fight where she could display her power was Powered Ciel, then said she was going to do all this awesome stuff that would kill herself in the end, and then didn't do it because she lost to herself in an internal struggle.

Edit: anyway, the point is there are plenty of characters that are ridiculously powerful, that they have introduced, that could show up, who could be the secret boss.

Dartz
December 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM
But ORT
a) is already on Earth
b) still more powerful than Crimson Moon despite the lack of home ground advantage.

And it hasn't made a single official appearance yet. So it is barely a character, and it's unlikely that Nasu would want its official appearance to be in this game. Also, Archetype can control the Earth's axis and her planet is brimming with life, so in raw power she is likely stronger than the original Crimson Moon (who was the Type of a dead, little rocky satellite of the Earth).

It isn't like we have seen a whole lot of Arc at full power either. She just dicked around in Actress Again a bit. The closest thing she had to a fight where she could display her power was Powered Ciel, then said she was going to do all this awesome stuff that would kill herself in the end, and then didn't do it because she lost to herself in an internal struggle.

She stopped the Earth's rotation, she says it in her last win quote. The energy released by that is the equivalent of 4.3x10^20 times the power released in a nuclear explosion. And judging by the fact that she has the authority to even destroy the world, that's pretty much going to mean she has no restrictions. And we don't know why she lost but she most likely wasn't even serious, after all, the only one she truly appreciates is herself.

And I am saying that it makes more sense for her to be a hidden boss given her possition (embodiment of the planet's consciousness). Like Minerva in FFVII CC.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Guys.

Not here.

Don't even start.

Seriously.

Bad idea.

Kotonoha
December 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Shiki can kill Servants~

Discuss~

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
And it hasn't made a single official appearance yet. So it is barely a character, and it's unlikely that Nasu would want its official appearance to be in this game. Also, Archetype can control the Earth's axis and her planet is brimming with life, so in raw power she is likely stronger than the original Crimson Moon (who was the Type of a dead, little rocky satellite of the Earth).
Fallacy, Gaia has a ton of organisms on her because she is weird. Notice how she "died" while all the other planets are still "alive".

She stopped the Earth's rotation, she says it in her last win quote. The energy released by that is the equivalent of 4.3x10^20 times the power released in a nuclear explosion. And judging by the fact that she has the authority to even destroy the world, that's pretty much going to mean she has no restrictions. And we don't know why she lost but she most likely wasn't even serious, after all, the only one she truly appreciates is herself.
a) Nasu probably knows nothing about the physics or the math behind stopping the earth's rotation
b) she has permission to commit suicide, woohoo

You are still missing the point, we don't need THE most powerful being in the Nasuverse (which is probably not Arc anyway) just one strong enough to be hidden boss material. And plenty have been introduced. You do realize that they have to defeat her in the end right? So this either means she is no good because she is too powerful, or they have to come up with a reason for three widely different Servants can defeat Archetype Earth. By themselves.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Shiki can kill Servants~

Discuss~

Apparently in Fate/EXTRA she can.

Kotollama
December 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
The hidden boss is someone that can make money/popular.

Only typefags like us know ORT and those kind of characters.

GlanGR
December 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
The hidden boss is someone that can make money/popular.
By that logic, the hidden boss should be F/sn Saber

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I did suggest Saber Alter, "indisputably the strongest Servant". Sounds pretty hidden boss to me.

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
it will be emiya shirou. he will have all rank E stats and one health. but every attack despite doing thousands of damage a shot will not kill him, he will yell something shounen-y at you at the end of the first 2 rounds, and at the third he will automatically use some ludicrous technique that deals 1 million damage and kill you.

terraablaze
December 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
And I am saying that it makes more sense for her to be a hidden boss given her possition (embodiment of the planet's consciousness). Like Minerva in FFVII CC.

One example from one series does not a hard rule make.
I bring to you the Tales series where all the hidden bosses are random guest characters with no discernible connection or pattern and some skeleton guy with no back story.

Yden
December 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
^^^
Yeah but I am assuming Odin, the chief God of the Norse, has something Cu doesn't that makes him a god and not merely a demi-god.

^^
at least Ryougi Shiki has her base personality listed as one of the strongest beings in the Nasuverse. Tohno can't even manage a defensive fight. He can go give Arc oral sex or something instead.

Of course Tohno can manage a defensive fight. All he needs to do is abuse that alteration of the soul his teacher does!

Dartz
December 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Fallacy, Gaia has a ton of organisms on her because she is weird. Notice how she "died" while all the other planets are still "alive".

Well, humans killed her. And humans are even more weird.

a) Nasu probably knows nothing about the physics or the math behind stopping the earth's rotation
b) she has permission to commit suicide, woohoo

a) That's just your baseless assumption.
b) She has the authority to do all kinds of planetary scale phenomena, and not all of those would kill her. It's still likely she is not limited on how much power she can draw from her own body.

You are still missing the point, we don't need THE most powerful being in the Nasuverse (which is probably not Arc anyway) just one strong enough to be hidden boss material.

Well, if you bring other planets and beings that haven't appeared she is likely not the strongest. But on Earth most Nasuverse characters would see her as the ultimate challenge.

And plenty have been introduced. You do realize that they have to defeat her in the end right? So this either means she is no good because she is too powerful, or they have to come up with a reason for three widely different Servants can defeat Archetype Earth. By themselves.

Well, she can be like Sephiroth in KHII, where he just dust off his clothes and congratulate his enemy for keeping up with him. But of course everyone knows he wasn't even trying.

Mcjon01
December 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I think Types are strongest on planets other than their own, prove me wrong.

lantzblades
December 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Well, she can be like Sephiroth in KHII, where he just dust off his clothes and congratulate his enemy for keeping up with him. But of course everyone knows he wasn't even trying.

if they pulled this in a fate game I would immediately snap the disc in half and write the longest cruelest bash fic in tm history because i utterly HATE those bosses unless they are the prequel's main character they are not acceptable as secret bosses.

Ruca_Milda
December 8th, 2011, 11:00 PM
One example from one series does not a hard rule make.
I bring to you the Tales series where all the hidden bosses are random guest characters with no discernible connection or pattern and some skeleton guy with no back story.

WHO SAID TALES. TALES INFORMATION? I'M ON IT.

Phantasia's secret one is just a summon spirit, Destiny's is a guest character, Eternia is a guest character, Destiny 2 is a guest character, Symphonia are lolrandom characters, Rebirth is just buffed up versions of previous bosses, Legendia has none(unless the Bantom Bouncers and Mimi Baker count), Abyss has a backstory character, Tempest has none but it's on it's data, Innocence has some kind of weird version of the final boss, Vesperia has a guest character, Hearts has a buffed up crazy version of a NPC, Graces has a guest character. Listed by release date.

Either way, if you notice, most of them are guest characters or re-uses. And all guest characters were top-ranked on the popularity polls that the game was released(with the exception of Shizel for Vesperia)

Also, Phantasia/Symphonia/Abyss/Hearts also had guest characters, but not as secret ones. Optional ones, but not buffed-up-next-to-impossible-to-take-on secret bosses.

nununu
December 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Star Ocean 3 had Freya from Valkyrie Profile. Radiata Stories had Lenneth Valkyrie from same.

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Oy, ruca, don't encourage the people threatening to wall of dartz the extra thread!

Ruca_Milda
December 8th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Oy, ruca, don't encourage the people threatening to wall of dartz the extra thread!

Terra mentioned the game series that shouldn't have been! It's one of the secret words to summon me to a thread, along with cats!

GlanGR
December 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Terra mentioned the game series that shouldn't have been! It's one of the secret words to summon me to a thread, along with cats!
So, if both of those things were used at once, which one would take priority?

Ruca_Milda
December 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM
So, if both of those things were used at once, which one would take priority?

I'd open two tabs for each thread. :P

ItsaRandomUsername
December 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM
if they pulled this in a fate game I would immediately snap the disc in half and write the longest cruelest bash fic in tm history because i utterly HATE those bosses unless they are the prequel's main character they are not acceptable as secret bosses.

Thanks for making my day, Lantz.

XD

lantzblades
December 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for making my day, Lantz.

your welcome IRUN.

truth is I just don't like making the hero look impotent especially in games where the protag is nameless. and thus the player.

I3uster
December 8th, 2011, 11:50 PM
But doesn't Ryougi do that in Extra?

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I....feel like this is actually a troll I am falling for but.....just in case...say lantz, you....ever actualy get around to fighting shiki, out of curiosity?

ItsaRandomUsername
December 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Lantz will then destroy his copy of Fate/EXTRA by the time he gets to the second playthrough, if that's the case.

Or if he plays the Rani route, for that matter.

I3uster
December 8th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Oh, I almost forgot that Arc does it too. Lol.

deadfish
December 8th, 2011, 11:57 PM
What happens when you beat Ryougi anyway? The game didn't interest me enough for a second playthrough.

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 11:59 PM
She brushes you off, says hey that was ok, let's do it again sometime, then says something about her trip not being done yet and fucks off. It's why I speculated that was the exact same ryougi that goes up against arc in MB

Edit: ^^ arc actually doesn't though, she says something about you having done a number and laughs its the second time someone has almost killed her.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
You winning against her frees her from her duties of killing 100 Servants.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:04 AM
But doesn't Ryougi do that in Extra?

yes, however your fight isn't expressly futile as it would be with a full powered Arc. and that aside she IS a previous character and thus allowed to be unbelievably powerful.

Lantz will then destroy his copy of Fate/EXTRA by the time he gets to the second playthrough, if that's the case.

on my third, god i hate nero.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
You hate Nero? What's the reason for that?

As in actual hate?

I will say that Nero's character design should have been more original, at least head/face wise. Although the reason for that is so T-M can cash in on Arthur's iconic look.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Hating Nero, hating Tamamo, what is this world coming to?

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I have it on good authority from my me in another universe where Extra Saber was totally original, that the fan response was "How can they call this Fate if it doesn't even have seibaaaa!?"

ItsaRandomUsername
The world hates love, Koto.

Tobias

I know right?

I-I-I....just...don't understand

;_;

deadfish
December 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hating Nero I can understand, but hating Tamamo?

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
That would be me I'm afraid, she will always be second to my Medea. (I ranked her last on my list of Casters.)

ItsaRandomUsername
December 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Tamamo just wants your love and nothing else!

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I shall love Medea more than I ever shall Tamamo.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Fakes surpassing originals is standard fare for Fate.

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:18 AM
That won't stop me from being Medea's number one fan.

GlanGR
December 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
You can be her number one fan, but don't attack Tamamo simply for existing.

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Oh I don't attack her or mean to at least, I'm just mad that they rose my hopes for nothing and Tamamo happens to be caught in the crossfire so to speak.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Apparantly medea can't smile while tamano is alive...!

which is a tragedy because my castah isn't going ANYWHERE, so there! :|

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I'm just mad that they rose my hopes for nothing

Kind of seems like you did that to yourself.

Seeing as how Fox-Eared Caster was out there pretty much since the game was originally announced. <_<

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
There was still that 5 day period where I was probably the happiest man alive.

Caster
December 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I hate that Nero is another male to female character, but that's about it so far. I like the overall thing they've done with Nero, just tired of the genderswapping.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:31 AM
You hate Nero? What's the reason for that?

As in actual hate?

I will say that Nero's character design should have been more original, at least head/face wise. Although the reason for that is so T-M can cash in on Arthur's iconic look.

with a white hot burning rage. now as a writer i can respect what they were trying to do with her. but she grates, she grates and she grates and grates grates grates grates!. I cannot stand her attitude. Look with Gil his ego makes sense and is deserved. but with Nero I want her to shut the hell up.

she talks down to you and about you, Archer was Snarky but he wasn't an insulting dick in front of the other masters.

hey i liked Tamano

Kotonoha
There was still that 5 day period where I was probably the happiest man alive.

Five days?

I'm pretty sure they showed us pictures of Tamamo and then told us she was a Caster at the same time, there was never any mystery Caster announcement.

she talks down to you and about you

Hey, no she doesn't. She's all encouraging about how you're going to get awesome, and acts proud of you and brags about you to your opponents pretty early on. She's a bro.

ItsaRandomUsername
http://i44.tinypic.com/33el89t.jpg

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:32 AM
she talks down to you and about you, Archer was Snarky but he wasn't an insulting dick in front of the other masters.

Yeah, I don't remember any of that. I think you're probably letting your bias cloud your interpretation of completely innocuous statements.

Milbunk
December 9th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Well there were five days in between me checking BL for info on the game I mean. Back then I wasn't quite the BL enthusiast as I am now.

Caster
December 9th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Ah, male Nero, that outfit is so amazing. I really do wish that had been what they went with, but no way would that happen.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Hey, no she doesn't. She's all encouraging about how you're going to get awesome, and acts proud of you pretty early on. She's a bro.

there are several instances were she flat out says seriously stupid things that are insults regardless of her inflection. In front of other masters, she's stuck up and not in a good way.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Post them, then.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I'm with Mcjon here, not remembering any of that.

I guess at the very beginning she's kind of like "hey you're an amnesiac who knows nothing about the grail war, you are pretty weak", but that's just honesty (the MC sucks, let's face it) and she ensures you that she'll MAKE A MAN OUTTA YOU rather than holding it against you.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Post them, then.

?

I don't have them at the ready to copy and paste

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Right. Because they don't exist.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Right. Because they don't exist.

oh, y'know i don't take screen shots on my psp because I can't.

I'm not a liar

ItsaRandomUsername
December 9th, 2011, 12:42 AM
>read psp in front of computer
>type text

Listen to Sharon Tips and keep those multiple save files for just such an occasion.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:46 AM
>read psp in front of computer
>type text

hmm, well that presents 3 problems,

1) Transcribing atm is impossible (battery needs to charge)
2) I'd have to play Nero Again to get all of it.
3) it'll kill my eyes and neck.

Listen to Sharon Tips and keep those multiple save files for just such an occasion.

i did with Archer and Tamano but not Nero.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm not a liar

Oh, don't misunderstand, I don't think you're a liar. You definitely believe what you're saying.

You're just wrong, is all.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Oh, don't misunderstand, I don't think you're a liar. You definitely believe what you're saying.

You're just wrong, is all.

in front of, dan and that she basically I'm average and I suck except that she goes out of her way to comment on my looks. it's insulting. yes it's part of a more positive point but she keeps doing it when she talks. backhanded insults, publicly. it's annoying as hell.

it keeps happening and i simply cannot stand how stuck up she is.

GlanGR
December 9th, 2011, 12:59 AM
But she's telling the truth. The main character is pretty average. If you hate someone for telling the truth, then you have a problem with society.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Interesting contrast. I can't stand gil but enjoy the heck out of nero's company. Well, takes all kinds, I suppose.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Interesting contrast. I can't stand gil but enjoy the heck out of nero's company. Well, takes all kinds, I suppose.

Probably because Gilgamesh would never compliment someone.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
But she's telling the truth.

the grail war is a different situation entirely.

she could at least make those comment in private. team unity and all that.

GlanGR
December 9th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Meh, I find that doing so is her method of inspiring the protagonist, but I guess you can look at it your way if you really try.

And who else is going to hear you and Saber talking and isn't going to think the same?

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Probably because Gilgamesh would never compliment someone.

Ooooh? You are saying I am just a sucker for flattery?

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Actually I'm just saying Gilgamesh is an asshole.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 01:11 AM
but I guess you can look at it your way if you really try.

that makes me sound like i'm crazy.

if you aren't then I must have my bl trading cards out of order

GlanGR
December 9th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Sorry, didn't mean it that way.

Laith
December 9th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Saber: That's right. My master is mediocre in both performance and appearance.
Saber: Though- I suppose my Master's efforts up to this point deserve praise
Saber: To see a commoner rise against the mighty sets my heart racing!
Saber: My Master is out of your Master's league. Your Master is already as good as dead.
Saber: Because my Master, in spite of her lack of experience, works so hard. And looks adorable trying!
Saber: You may think my Master is a chick; with me by her side, my Master will grow with into a big, strong bird,
Saber: But your Master... Dying Raven, do you even have the strength to fly?

Welp Saber is not lying per se.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Oh no, I am. That's me all over. Funny thing is I had a joke about gil being an asshole lined up when Kota said yes lined up except she apparantly was a step ahead of me the whole time, ahahaha.....

*kicks ground*

Elf
December 9th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Archer's kinda encouraging too. In a hilarious way.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Saber: That's right. My master is mediocre in both performance and appearance.
Saber: Though- I suppose my Master's efforts up to this point deserve praise
Saber: To see a commoner rise against the mighty sets my heart racing!
Saber: My Master is out of your Master's league. Your Master is already as good as dead.
Saber: Because my Master, in spite of her lack of experience, works so hard. And looks adorable trying!
Saber: You may think my Master is a chick; with me by her side, my Master will grow with into a big, strong bird,
Saber: But your Master... Dying Raven, do you even have the strength to fly?

Welp Saber is not lying per se.

You're at the stage where you still completely suck, and she's still bragging about you.

BRO SABER IS BRO

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 01:20 AM
You're at the stage where you still completely suck, and she's still bragging about you.

BRO SABER IS BRO

This. You've got less potential as a Master than Shirou, and she's still utterly confident that the two of you are going to crush Dan. That's pretty awesome.

Nero believes in yoooouu♪

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 01:27 AM

BRO SABER IS BRO

I can agree that she tries to be supportive but every time i turn around she says something stupid that kills it. and she's self centered and her arena dialogue grates on me.

seriously Caster was fun, Archer was cool but god damn it Saber is just annoying.

I'm not saying, everyone hate her. I just hate her. if she stopped talking i'd be ok.

ratstsrub
December 9th, 2011, 01:38 AM
A disturbing amount of damning evidence you have thar.

mewarmo990
December 9th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Great men
Only close to the volume of Remembrance
Are not great enoughThere's no season word. 2 points.
Actually it's not even a haiku (I tried to make a poem out of google Translate), so ha!

I3uster
December 9th, 2011, 09:10 AM
You can't hammer Saber love into him, guys. Opinions don't work that way.
...although I remember a statement from you before you even played her route that you dislike her because she steals regular Sabers thunder. But I hope you're above that stuff.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I had originally thought it might be because she reminded lantz to much of gil, and a merger of saber and gil is sick and wrong, but later I learned he actually is pretty cool with gil so....

eh, well you like who you like and dislike who you dislike. sometimes you have reasons, sometimes you dont. things arent always so simple

Elf
December 9th, 2011, 09:37 AM
. . . Damn it I might have to play with Caster now as Male MC. Genoside for protection is punishable, however if it's something like Hitler . . . then nope. But I'm going to go after Ryougi with Saber.

Kilich
December 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I wish Lancer, or Assassin classes were playable in the new game+, but I guess with Lancer it'll be a bad end, and with Assassin you'll never kill anyone.

Trevelyan
December 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Does MC gender affect what your Servant says? Beyond just pronouns.

Because I'm finishing up my Male MC/Saber run, I was planning to do a Male MC/Caster and a Female MC/Archer run.

Because Waifu and Combat Butler appeal to me. Which first? I suppose FeMC and Archer would settle the question of gender changing the dialogue . . .

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I actually am not quite sure, I have been playing on male, and some of the stuff elf has gushed about archer saying has been similar to what I have heard. in some cases, I even thought that sounded like something that would be more fitting to say to a girl, but I actually think its the inflection that changes the most. my guess, the idea of what each servant says is similar, but the actual way its phrased come s out different. with archer, he comes across as your tough and tsun onii-chan, for girls, I gather he is more of a lover. nero loves everyone (thats pretty much her defining trait, boundless love) but I expect caster is more of a chatty gossip with a girl as opposed to a flirt like with a guy. least until you start peeling her layers back.

...not the layers you want to, but they are still good layers!

also

. . . Damn it I might have to play with Caster now as Male MC. Genoside for protection is punishable, however if it's something like Hitler . . . then nope. But I'm going to go after Ryougi with Saber.

5 bucks says as you start to understand caster you start dreaming up a fic with her and archer. I actually am inclined to think that would be a pretty good match. wait ill you see what her "promise"

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I actually am not quite sure, I have been playing on male, and some of the stuff elf has gushed about archer saying has been similar to what I have heard. in some cases, I even thought that sounded like something that would be more fitting to say to a girl, but I actually think its the inflection that changes the most. my guess, the idea of what each servant says is similar, but the actual way its phrased come s out different. with archer, he comes across as your tough and tsun onii-chan, for girls, I gather he is more of a lover. nero loves everyone (thats pretty much her defining trait, boundless love) but I expect caster is more of a chatty gossip with a girl as opposed to a flirt like with a guy. least until you start peeling her layers back.

I get the feeling they have the exact same dialogue, but people just interpret it differently depending on their character's gender.

There's really not much dialogue in the game that's specific to either gender.

(Like for example, because Caster still flirts with the female MC in the exact same way she does with the male MC, they added a dialogue choice where you can tell her "uh I'm a girl")

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
also entirely possible. even likely, admittedly in many cases the game couldnt even be bothered to say he or she and defaulted to "their" for refering to the servant, so you are probably right.

well, with one or two exceptions. can a girl tell tamano she or rin is the only one for her?

.....cause if she can, that would be really hot.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I believe you can.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
....huh.

whelp, shows what I know!

I3uster
December 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I think Tamamo once mentions...enhancing you when you play as a female.

Yden
December 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I wish Lancer, or Assassin classes were playable in the new game+, but I guess with Lancer it'll be a bad end, and with Assassin you'll never kill anyone.

Hey! At least the Assassins there weren't a Hassan could actually stand on somewhat equal ground against other servants.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I get the feeling they have the exact same dialogue, but people just interpret it differently depending on their character's gender.

There's really not much dialogue in the game that's specific to either gender.

(Like for example, because Caster still flirts with the female MC in the exact same way she does with the male MC, they added a dialogue choice where you can tell her "uh I'm a girl")

It kind of feels like they were planning to do more with the Servant relationship building side of the game, but that the idea fizzled at some point in development. As it stands, I think the gender differences are mostly contained to a few extra and altered My Room scenes with Archer and Caster.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 11:12 AM
maybe that will be something to look forward to in fate/sakura!

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
...although I remember a statement from you before you even played her route that you dislike her because she steals regular Sabers thunder.

well the band wagon of this Saber is the best saber is annoying and other then a cash grab/image thing there's no reason to reuse (and lets be honest that's what it is really) Saber's image for Nero.

And it's true they bother me. but I wouldn't hate a character because of something like that.

I had originally thought it might be because she reminded lantz to much of gil, and a merger of saber and gil is sick and wrong, but later I learned he actually is pretty cool with gil so....

thing is I know other female characters with Nero's personality that i like quite a bit. I think the issue is the context of the situation combined with her spoiled brat/self centered attitude.

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM
well the band wagon of this Saber is the best saber is annoying

But it's true.

terraablaze
December 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM
That would obviously make it more annoying (I wish I could play this game already).

Apple
December 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joan is obviously the best Saber.

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
But it's true.
You and I don't always agree on stuff. Its ok though, I still love you.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'd actually peg Nero's core personality trait as "insecure" with everything else stemming from that.

Kotollama
December 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Joan is obviously the best Saber.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.com/media/2009/05/explosion2.jpg

OH YEAH MAH BOE!

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
But it's true.

:<

I'm dangerously close to not writing that Shinji, Pita tits lemon now

I'd actually peg Nero's core personality trait as "insecure" with everything else stemming from that.

I never inferred about her core personality at all

Kotonoha
December 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
:<

I'm dangerously close to not writing that Shinji, Pita tits lemon now

Pita tits, you say?

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I never inferred about her core personality at all

That's funny, because I did.

Pita tits, you say?

Flat-chested Drake? (That's a bread joke.)

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM

I can see your thought process, and I wouldn't call it wrong, but I wouldn't call it right either.

lantzblades
December 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Pita tits, you say?

hmm, choices choices. hmmm no. just a typo

I meant Pira tits, it was going to be a Piratits, Shinji magically gs'd and then they have to get shirou to fix it.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Insecure might not be the best word, but she really, really, really wants approval. Whether it's from the citizens when she was alive or her Master as a Servant.

Well, it shares the number one spot with equal parts hedonism and impulsiveness, too, I guess.

Apple
December 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
OH YEAH MAH BOE!

I suspected it was you upon first reading your post without looking at your username, but your caster avatar confused me. Are you perhaps dabbling in the art of presence concealment now?

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Insecure might not be the best word, but she really, really, really wants approval. Whether it's from the citizens when she was alive or her Master as a Servant.

Well, it shares the number one spot with equal parts hedonism and impulsiveness, too, I guess.

Lie I said, love. She wants to be loved as much as she feels love.

Mcjon01
December 9th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

She's still totes insecure, though, and I think a lot of her giant ego comes from that, rather than a Gil-like sense of superiority. You can tell by the way she kind of trails off muttering about how things really were every time she starts boasting about something. Or how she was afraid that MC would have a bad reaction if he found out her true identity, that kind of stuff.

Kotollama
December 11th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I suspected it was you upon first reading your post without looking at your username, but your caster avatar confused me. Are you perhaps dabbling in the art of presence concealment now?

Actually, i'm quite good at this in real life... my maid HATES it.

terraablaze
December 11th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Why are you so late 19th century middle class Kotonorris?

I3uster
December 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
He's not, just South American.

Kotonoha
December 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Well one of the things we were all awaiting from TM Ace was new info about Fate/EXTRA CCC! Let's see what Seasons of Change has to say about it!

-There wasn't really any new information

...;_;

Sherrinford
January 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Pnn5w.jpg
http://imgur.com/Pnn5w

http://i.imgur.com/XaUY3.jpg
http://imgur.com/XaUY3

http://i.imgur.com/FlvuK.jpg
http://imgur.com/FlvuK

So, something new? Well, anyway, higher resolution, I guess?

terraablaze
January 23rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
That "Strange Tail Girl" has no fingers! Strange indeed.

Mcjon01
January 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Looks exactly like the first or second magazine announcement that came out forever ago to me.

deadfish
January 23rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Well, new news!
Caster wears striped panties.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/999/120123223201.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/120123223201.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Discuss.

terraablaze
January 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
I am disappoint Caster, I was expecting something more exotic.

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Just another reason Medea is the better Caster.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 10:42 AM

Nope.

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Nope.

Yep.

Keyne
January 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Everyone knows Gilles is the best Caster. 'c'

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM

I bet she wears granny panties.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Yep.

Nope.

Shakespeare > Tamamo = Gilles > Medea = Semiramis > Nursery Rhyme

Mcjon01
January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM

You realize Medea wears stripes, too, right? I know, you'd expect something more "mature" from her, but that's how it is.

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I know I'm kinda bored so I felt like saying something true but random.

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah I know I'm kinda bored so I felt like saying something jealous.

Fixed

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah I know I'm kinda bored so I felt like saying something false and heretical.

You had a few typos there. Don't worry though, I fixed them. No need to thank me.

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Oh you people and your bending the truth, you all know who the best Caster is, you're just too embarrassed to admit it.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
That is also false. I'm very open about my attraction to Shakespeare.

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I cannot deny that Shakespeare is probably an awesome Caster, but I'm afraid we know too little of him for him to actually count.

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Huh, guess she changed out of those black ones she was always flashing in extra.

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Huh, guess she changed out of those black ones she was always flashing in extra.

Haha yeah I was kind of thinking, we did see them every time she attacked.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
I cannot deny that Shakespeare is probably an awesome Caster, but I'm afraid we know too little of him for him to actually count.

We know that he:
Wears a freaking fabulous green outfit
Is a damned troll
Is drop dead handsome
Did I mention that outfit?

That's more than enough.

^That's part of why my Caster run was so fun!

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Caster understands the importance of clean underwear.

Keyne
January 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM

Why does Sakura have saggy tits? 'c'

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
I have heard that breast stimulation helps them grow more perky. clearly the lack of shinji in her life has had a noticable and terrible effect.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
The lack of Shinji in anyone's life has a noticable and terrible effect.

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I would have said she's not wearing a bra, but lack of Shinji works too.

Five_X
January 23rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
She's missing Shinji's everpresent hand-bra.

TypeWannabe
January 23rd, 2012, 03:12 PM

You only like him because he's a fellow "fan" of Saber.

Hoster
January 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM

So, something new? Well, anyway, higher resolution, I guess? It's probably the tail, and the horns, but I find myself liking the character design for this "Strange Tail Girl".

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
So...it's what, not possible to like more then one caster?

TypeWannabe
January 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM

It's probably the tits, and the riding crop, but I find myself liking the character design for this "Mysterious Black Magus".

Mike1984
January 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Well, what's not to like about BDSM_mistress!Sakura...?

Keyne
January 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
You only like him because he's a fellow "fan" of Saber.
Such bias. 'c'

He's amusing in a way, so I like him.

Save that question for later.

I3uster
January 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
So...it's what, not possible to like more then one caster?
http://i.imgur.com/qzd1i.png

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM

I dunno, maybe it'll turn out she's trying to screw Sakura over and you'll hate her? :P

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I don't care, I can still like tamamo and Medea both :|

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I like all Casters. It's just more along the fact that out of all the Caster's Tamamo is my least favorite.

Tobias
January 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I am not gonna sugar coat this, the amount of random bitching and moaning about etra cater coming from your neck of the woods leads me to believe we differ in our definition of "like"

I3uster
January 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
He's just jelly that the protagonist is more liked than the antagonist with creepy rapist vibes towards one of the heroines.

Which makes no sense.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Mil, it almost seems like you purposely come into any discussion about Tamamo just to point out that Medea is better.

lantzblades
January 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, Mil, it almost seems like you purposely come into any discussion about Tamamo just to point out that Medea is better.

it is true though. although that may be a bias since i love greek myths

I3uster
January 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Truth and opinions don't mix, lantz.
Unless it's mine of course.

Spinach
January 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
it is true though. although that may be a bias since i love greek myths

Them's fightan' words.

lantzblades
January 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Truth and opinions don't mix, lantz.

well I did admit there's a possible bias on my part. however that doesn't deny any value one story has over the other.

Them's fightan' words.

kung fu or bar brawl?

I3uster
January 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
He prefers wrasslin, he can fill you in on the rules.

Also "possible bias" is the only way to say that one legend is "better" or has "more value over the other story" or however I should interpret your posting.

bahamut zero
January 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
This crazy discussion needs moar Sakura.

TypeWannabe
January 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Ooh, that depends. lantz seems like the guy who does well in bamboo forests and exquisitely choreographed settings, but Spinach has the affinity in terms of brawls.

Kotonoha
January 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
This crazy discussion needs moar Sakura.

Sakotomine?

Milbunk
January 23rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Honestly I do probably enter Tamamo discussions for that reason alone. I'm pretty bored nowadays so I don't really know what to talk about. Therefore I think I just go by talking about one of my favorite things to talk about which is Medea or Caster's in general.

Altima of the Gates
January 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
I dunno, maybe it'll turn out she's trying to screw Sakura over and you'll hate her? :P

Too predictable. I'd write it off as a giant troll if it went that route. Though, the doujins with the yuri 'selfcest' hatesex that would inevitably result would be intriguing.

Five_X
January 23rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I'd love to screw Sakura over!

Over a table, over a desk, over a chair, over a bed... dozens of possibilities!

lantzblades
January 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM

seconded, thirded and Fourthed

TypeWannabe
January 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
In a car, on a car, while driving a car, locked inside a car...

Erlkonig
January 23rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
In a car, on a car, while driving a car, locked inside a car...

KnightTurtle?

Apple
January 24th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Nope.

Shakespeare > Tamamo = Gilles > Medea = Semiramis > Nursery Rhyme

WHAT IS THIS SEMIRAMIS SECOND LAST

Keyne
January 24th, 2012, 09:11 AM

While making broth, cutting the veggies, cooking rice, seasoning meat, rolling up dumplings, frying tofu, preparing sushi...

I3uster
January 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
We know absolutely nothing about her. That could be it.

Just a guess.

Apple
January 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Careful, you're going to get your special ingredient in the food.

Keyne
January 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Careful, you're going to get your special ingredient in the food.
Sakura won't mind. She feeds on mana after all. :D

Spinach
January 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
well I did admit there's a possible bias on my part. however that doesn't deny any value one story has over the other.

kung fu or bar brawl?

Wra-

He prefers wrasslin, he can fill you in on the rules.

This. Rules are as follows:

Everything goes. Whoever bites off the other mans left ear first wins.

Ooh, that depends. lantz seems like the guy who does well in bamboo forests and exquisitely choreographed settings, but Spinach has the affinity in terms of brawls.

Yeah, I would get wrecked in any of those fancy pants settings. But throw the two of us on a burning bridge with a bottle of rum as our only weapons and I think I have a significant advantage.

Honestly I do probably enter Tamamo discussions for that reason alone. I'm pretty bored nowadays so I don't really know what to talk about. Therefore I think I just go by talking about one of my favorite things to talk about which is Medea or Caster's in general.

It's pretty rude.

If I were ranking them by "How hard I'd tap that shit" she'd be second, if it makes you feel any better.

Apple
January 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
We already know she uses venom, is part assassin, has an awesome fur ornament and uses freaking chain weapons.

Those alone already put her relatively far up my own list.

Milbunk
January 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah I apologize I'll try to not do it so often in the future.

Spinach
January 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
We already know she uses venom, is part assassin, has an awesome fur ornament and uses freaking chain weapons.

Those alone already put her relatively far up my own list.

Overall, for me at least, she's just not doing it quite yet. She's great eyecandy, make no mistake, but everything else about her doesn't quite appeal to me. If I were to see some more of her character I might come to like her, but there's next to nothing in her little half complete profile that expands on her personality other than "A very enthusiastic person, she indulges in luxury and decadence."

Ah, thanks, Mil.

Kotonoha
January 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Too predictable. I'd write it off as a giant troll if it went that route. Though, the doujins with the yuri 'selfcest' hatesex that would inevitably result would be intriguing.

Well, it DOES kind of look that way already, I mean they are setting up MBM to look like some evil being that tempts Sakura.

deadfish
January 24th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I predict she's a virus that's infected the Sakura npc.
In other words, neither of them are really Sakura anyway.

Tobias
January 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM

The hell you say!

terraablaze
January 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Maybe this "Mysterious Black Magus" is actually the real Sakura from the Extra verse. With a suitably young avatar of course, those wrinkles only exist if you think they do.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 24th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Just like Taiga isn't Taiga either.

Altima of the Gates
January 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Well, it DOES kind of look that way already, I mean they are setting up MBM to look like some evil being that tempts Sakura.

It's why I said that would be predictable.

I predict she's a virus that's infected the Sakura npc.

Obviously. Though, that would fit the theme of a "broken Grail War". The .hack references I'm expecting are too numerous to count.

Cyber Angel
January 24th, 2012, 09:41 PM
NPC Sakura: "Rejecting brotherly construct. Run Angra Mainyu.exe. KILLdieKILLdie.dll not found."

I like the idea of NPC Sakura being tempted, admittedly, because that would mean it's the actual NPC who is the "heroine" for CCC since this is supposed to be Sakura's route instead of Rin or Rani's. It'd be kind of interesting to see how an NPC-only romance develops and what issues that brings up.

I wish we'd find out more about the Servant line-up. I'm expecting/hoping for a whole new 7 since Strange Tail Girl has similar HP to Rider which means she's probably the first boss instead... and the setting kind of necessarily writes out a lot of the original Master/Servant teams if you want a different storyline.

Mike1984
January 25th, 2012, 05:45 AM

What "tempt" her into actually being more than just an NPC...?

Maybe this "Mysterious Black Magus" is actually the real Sakura from the Extra verse. With a suitably young avatar of course, those wrinkles only exist if you think they do.

Heh, that would be interesting....

NPC Sakura: "Rejecting brotherly construct. Run Angra Mainyu.exe. KILLdieKILLdie.dll not found."

I like the idea of NPC Sakura being tempted, admittedly, because that would mean it's the actual NPC who is the "heroine" for CCC since this is supposed to be Sakura's route instead of Rin or Rani's. It'd be kind of interesting to see how an NPC-only romance develops and what issues that brings up.

I wish we'd find out more about the Servant line-up. I'm expecting/hoping for a whole new 7 since Strange Tail Girl has similar HP to Rider which means she's probably the first boss instead... and the setting kind of necessarily writes out a lot of the original Master/Servant teams if you want a different storyline.

Well, I hope that that's the idea behind it, rather than Sakura being the villain....

Fakessassin
January 25th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Maybe MBM is also a servant? Like Angra Mainyu in BDSM mode, just because. Trying to make Sakura his Master to corrupt her or something? Anyway, I am hoping for some new Masters and Servants, maybe not all 8 different (althought that would be fantastic).

I might be the only one thinking this, but maybe we can have some of the final 8 contestants from Fate/Extra? I actually love to fight the flower girl by the church, she seems interesting and apparently really powerful. The archer girl might also be interesting, maybe Atalanta servant?

Kotonoha
January 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
What "tempt" her into actually being more than just an NPC...?

Or into screwing up the grail war and killing everyone.

I mean MBM doesn't seem exactly kind to Sakura from the tiny bit of dialogue we have for her "just stay here like the doll you are" kinda thing)

Mike1984
January 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Perhaps.

I don't know what's going on there, really. I just hope it's not yet another excuse to bash Sakura....

TypeWannabe
January 26th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Well, if it's Sakura bashing Sakura, what's that make her?

Mcjon01
January 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Sakarakura.

Tobias
January 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I don't know, but whatever it is, it's set as fuck

TypeWannabe
January 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I don't know, but whatever it is, it's sexy as fuck

I know you're prone to spelling errors, and your phone doesn't help, so I'm just gonna go with this as my interpretation.

Tobias
January 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
...isn't that what I said?

*checks back*

Oh DAMMIT

Satehi
January 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Well, if it's Sakura bashing Sakura, what's that make her?

An emo?

ratstsrub
January 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM
An emo?

Normal.

keeper13
February 7th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Saber Bride Figma! (http://www.figure.fm/post/en/36642/Bridal+Fantasy+of+an+Extra+Fate.html)

Cyber Angel
February 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Yay, that looks a lot better than I was expecting!

...I'm also very interested by the odd fact that the back of the dress is charred the way it is. Maybe a connection to the Great Fire of Rome?

Lycodrake
February 7th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Maybe a connection to the Great Fire of Rome?
More than likely.

Fakessassin
February 7th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hey, I got this thought, one of the old screenshots of Saber has a saying that although you lost your memory, you are still worthy of being her Master right? Since we don't know how limited the Moon Cell is, perhaps, it has summoned the three Servants from after the events of Fate/Extra?

Kotonoha
February 8th, 2012, 12:00 AM
From what we've heard so far anyway, CCC doesn't take place after F/E. It's more like an alternate route.

Lycodrake
February 8th, 2012, 12:02 AM
From what we've heard so far anyway, CCC doesn't take place after F/E. It's more like an alternate route.
Yeah, that's what I've understood so far, too. Though I do wonder what changes they're making to gameplay, if any...

Laith
February 8th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I hope they don't change much. I mean is a perfectly fair gameplay system that punishes everyone who doesn't pay attention.

A hard mode would be appreciated, though.

Mcjon01
February 8th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hey, I got this thought, one of the old screenshots of Saber has a saying that although you lost your memory, you are still worthy of being her Master right? Since we don't know how limited the Moon Cell is, perhaps, it has summoned the three Servants from after the events of Fate/Extra?

I'm pretty sure that line is in Extra, too.

Kurai D
February 8th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I hope they don't change much. I mean is a perfectly fair gameplay system that punishes everyone who doesn't pay attention.

I'd disagree with that. I took notes and everything when starting with Saber, I still found most of it to be a long grind and a colossal waste of time. Too much is luck-based especially on your first playthrough, one string of mistakes can cost you an easy game over. With such a simplistic but frustrating system, I feel somewhat cheated that I need to devote that much time and attention to it to memorize/write down every pattern. I'm hoping that they do something to change it, but I won't throw a fit if they keep it exactly as it was either.

Mirri
February 8th, 2012, 06:39 AM

Personally, I'd like to see potentially faster respawn times. They're pretty darn slow in the original.

Fakessassin
February 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Haven't fought Ryougi yet, so not sure how much grinding that will take, but I never really found it hard to gain levels. Maybe my ritualistic method of travelling the whole Arena map and killing every enemey in it once before leaving can be counted as grinding, but still found it just okay. Cheap deaths are still cheap though, I can remember the times where reusing a similar pattern on the same type of enemy caused me to game over.

I know, all I'm saying is that, with the ability to load Fate/Extra files for affection points and other stuff, maybe the broken Moon Cell summoned your Servant from the alternate timeline of Fate/Extra, making them go "Oh, hi again.".

terraablaze
February 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Personally, I'd like to see potentially faster respawn times. They're pretty darn slow in the original.

Pass.

Kotonoha
February 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
faster respawn times

YES PLEASE

Altima of the Gates
February 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yeesh. I haven't yet played Extra, but if the basis of the game is grindin' levels, if the spawn rate is really slow, that can be pretty killer. How long does it take enemies in a particular room to refresh, does it differ by type, or are they all the same?

Spinach
February 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I found the "kill everything and then lurk BL while they respawn" approach to be very effective.

^ I think everything has the same respawn timer.

LeopardBear
Haven't fought Ryougi yet, so not sure how much grinding that will take, but I never really found it hard to gain levels. Maybe my ritualistic method of travelling the whole Arena map and killing every enemey in it once before leaving can be counted as grinding, but still found it just okay.

Someone else does this!?

Also LET ME SAVE IN THE ARENA

terraablaze
I don't know what these people are talking about, you don't really grind, and those stupid enemies have popped up 5 seconds after I've killed them and hit me from behind when I try to leave a room. Or blocked the exit, that's even worse.

I think the respawn time is a bit finicky though because sometimes it will take about 20 seconds or so for an enemy to show back up, it seems to depend on what you do after killing them.

Laith
February 8th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Haven't fought Ryougi yet, so not sure how much grinding that will take, but I never really found it hard to gain levels.

Ryougi can be beaten at level 35, so no grinding really.

It's your punishment for grinding. You monsters.

Yeesh. I haven't yet played Extra, but if the basis of the game is grindin' levels, if the spawn rate is really slow, that can be pretty killer. How long does it take enemies in a particular room to refresh, does it differ by type, or are they all the same?

Nah, you don't need to grind. The first week you end it at level 10 when the target level is 8. It's just that everyone wants to be overpowered.

Fakessassin
February 8th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Someone else does this!?

...I'm not alone!?!?

From my experiences, if a cutscene happens, or even a cut-away, the monsters will respawn. I remember stunning one enemy for the Monster Hunting on Week 4, Gatou getting one point, and me getting attacked immediately after the cutscene by the enemy.

Mirri
February 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM
LET ME SAVE IN THE ARENA

Dear lord, how could I have forgotten to wish for this?! My batteries had run out so many times mid-run-back-to-charger that I actually bought two extended batteries and an external battery charger so that I could run back to the charger when my PSP hit one bar and plug it in, swap batteries, and plug the dyin' battery in the external charger while I went back to my grindin'.

I'd still be playing EXTRA if my entire memory stick hadn't corrupted, losing me a level 46 Caster and 39 Saber. I know they're not very high but I still... was very disappointed and pretty angry when I turned my PSP on to play again and then suddenly, THIS SAVE IS CORRUPTED.

Apple
February 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM

Hear, hear!

mewarmo990
February 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM

The game isn't explicitly about grinding like Monster Hunter or anything, but unfortunately if you're not strong enough when it's time to fight a boss you'll be stuck and unable to go back.

Also, people try to overlevel so they can get through the Arena faster. I would just open up a wiki for the turn orders and save yourself the trouble, since who really plays this for the gameplay?

Kotonoha
February 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
explicitly about grinding like Monster Hunter

MH has grinding now?

Mcjon01
February 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Grinding for loot is basically all you do.

LeopardBear
February 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
The game isn't explicitly about grinding like Monster Hunter or anything, but unfortunately if you're not strong enough when it's time to fight a boss you'll be stuck and unable to go back.

Also, people try to overlevel so they can get through the Arena faster. I would just open up a wiki for the turn orders and save yourself the trouble, since who really plays this for the gameplay?

I know some of the Japanese sites have the move orders up: could we just grab it from there?

Elf
February 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Someone else does this!?

Yes! Dear god yes, like I'd kick ass in one of the Servant skirmishes only to get killed by some mook randomly in the arena.

Also, faster respawn times too.

Altima of the Gates
February 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Ah, alright. Thanks. Though I'm the power-leveler type, that could get a tad annoying. I'll consider it when I actually get the game.

hero
February 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I'd disagree with that. I took notes and everything when starting with Saber, I still found most of it to be a long grind and a colossal waste of time. Too much is luck-based especially on your first playthrough, one string of mistakes can cost you an easy game over. With such a simplistic but frustrating system, I feel somewhat cheated that I need to devote that much time and attention to it to memorize/write down every pattern. I'm hoping that they do something to change it, but I won't throw a fit if they keep it exactly as it was either.

You don't even have to take notes. Most of the mook commands are piss easy to memorize, I mean, you don't even need to think hard to remember them. The only time where you can probably be driven into a corner is when a new dungeon is unlocked and you know only one out of six movements the enemy makes. Even so, after a few trial and error, you'll be doing perfects. Even more so if you are a STR whore and/or picked Saber as your Servant. I disagree with the opinion of the game being luck based. I think it requires skill to predict what the enemy Servant is going to do. It's not just imputting a random command to fill in the blanks, or at least, that's not the way you should be doing it.

Respawns are acceptable in extra. It's not like you have to wait ages for them to respawn (except for certain enemies), most are back there in one or two minutes. You can simply kill all the enemies on the arena in one run, go back to the beggining and continue slaying monsters while the others respawn. Or you can just stand there and wait for the stronger and more exp giving creatures to respawn, it won't take much and sometimes it's faster than doing the entire wave. However, if you stand too close to their spawn points, they will not show up until you move your ass out of there.

What I would like to see is a good stat system. As it is in extra, STR easily surpasses all other stats, unless you use caster. All other stats have below average increases and luck is hardly useful. My point is that I can clear the game by spending all my points on STR, because STR increases the damage output of EVERYTHING to an extent, and so I was able to clear it with no effort at level 39 with Archer with A+ STR and E on all stats (think I had D END though). Now, let's try doing that with the same character, but with a different stat distribution. Let's put all my points on AGI, increasing my min damage output. Great! In the long run, Berserker/Lancer is going to be suffering. My last attempt to see how other stats worked was picking Saber and instead of putting all into STR, distribute it among all other stats. Result? C in all stats by endgame. What I got was a challenge, even if Saber was naturally overpowered compared to Archer (Can revive? No preparation?). All in all, I liked the run, but again, END, LCK and MGI were practically useless. Speed was somewhat helpful.

Another thing I'd like to see are faster level ups. Extra got a decent level rate, but, uh... Clearing the game at such low levels feels wrong. Attaining lvl 99? Might want to get a gameshark. The stronger shit I saw was level 60, and even so, you need to be a real hardcore grinding whore to get there. Increase the levels, increase the difficulty, add an insane mode. I wanted to see some new playeable Servants, but that's not happening. I ask god that they give them new techniques.

If this is going to be the same grinding, with the same character options, with the same lack of stat balance... And replacing my beautiful Rani with a incredibly mysterious black magus, then I have the impression it's going to be like, dunno, boring.

lol text wall.

LeopardBear
February 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
He does a textwall while not having enough time to update his RP~ :D

Altima of the Gates
February 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM
And replacing my beautiful Rani with a incredibly mysterious black magus, then I have the impression it's going to be like, dunno, boring.

Nah, I doubt they will have had all that development and just move on, so she'll probably be in it, have faith.

Fakessassin
February 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know... CCC being like a different route from Fate/Extra, they might just ignore Rin (I seriously doubt that) and Rani (doubt is not as strong) in favor for Sakura. I mean, if we take Heaven's Feel into account... Maybe the broken Grail causes Lu Bu to be sane and it feels like a whole another fight? I actually want to see this concept, same character in a different class and how they changed.

Strife212
February 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
So, this is out on the 15th of March.

Am I being slowpoke here?

Nerroth
February 9th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being moved to later in the year; the same thing happened with the first game back in 2010.

(If it really were being released so soon, imageepoch would have been putting more effort into their online promos, as they had done for other jrpg.jp titles in the run-up to their releases.)

Still, I wonder what one of Saber's ancestors would have thought about whether releasing the game on the Ides of March was a good omen or not...

Strife212
February 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Actually, nevermind that. I just got that from myfig but where the hell did they get it from? I'm pretty dubious.

Mcjon01
February 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
So far they've only announced that it's coming out in "Spring 2012", so that's probably a placeholder date. I'd personally expect an April or May release, but that's just my guess.

Cyber Angel
February 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
That's true. I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of the game yet, but imagepoch has only been updating Black Rock Shooter news of late, so that might be their more immediate priority.

Did we even have images of many Servants before Fate/Extra came out or did we only meet most of them for the first time when the game came out in Japan? I'm wondering how much they're actually going to reveal in advance. It'd be nice to have some info about the cast beyond Strange Tail Girl (who I think is a Lancer supposedly?), though I have a silly suspicion about her identity.

Nerroth
February 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Actually, it will be interesting to see how soon after the physical release it will be nefore it goes up onto the Japanese PlayStationStore; if only to se ewhether or not anyone will try playing it on a PS Vita.

(I still haven't seen any feedback on how the PSN version of the first game works on that device. Is anyone here planning on trying it after the Western PSV release?)

EDIT: And in terms of imageepoch's schedule, I also wouldn't be surprised if Tokitowa's development ended up being a factor in pushing CCC back further than originally planned.

Mcjon01
February 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Actually, it will be interesting to see how soon after the physical release it will be nefore it goes up onto the Japanese PlayStationStore; if only to se ewhether or not anyone will try playing it on a PS Vita.

(I still haven't seen any feedback on how the PSN version of the first game works on that device. Is anyone here planning on trying it after the Western PSV release?)

Well, the first game is on the PSP to Vita compatibility list, so it should work at least. I'd consider downloading the Japanese version if it supported UMD Passport, but it doesn't and I'm not paying 5,480 yen for yet another copy of Extra.

And just for reference, the first game was released on the PSN store on August 19, while the physical copy came out at the end of July.

Kotonoha
February 9th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Actually, nevermind that. I just got that from myfig but where the hell did they get it from? I'm pretty dubious.

Ohhhhh MFC. The ones who were claiming Saber Extra was Mordred before the game came out.

That's true. I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of the game yet, but imagepoch has only been updating Black Rock Shooter news of late, so that might be their more immediate priority.

Did we even have images of many Servants before Fate/Extra came out or did we only meet most of them for the first time when the game came out in Japan? I'm wondering how much they're actually going to reveal in advance. It'd be nice to have some info about the cast beyond Strange Tail Girl (who I think is a Lancer supposedly?), though I have a silly suspicion about her identity.

We saw most of them in the promo video, but didn't really get info on any of them.

Strife212
February 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
:p

Kotonoha
February 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Clearly they should be your source for all news.

Strife212
February 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Well I saw 15th of March and got excited for a few seconds. Then realised, 'wait what'.

Five_X
February 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH

Yden
February 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM

IIRC, each monster has around a 40 second respawn timer other than the "rare" enemies which double that. I timed it once when I first got the game and realized it took a long time for enemies to respawn. The arespawn mechanics will not allow the monster to respawn if you're within 2 or 3 squares of the spawn point and the enemy won't reappear until you move far enough away. Basically it makes it pretty much impossible for you to get killed by a respawn.

mewarmo990
February 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I know some of the Japanese sites have the move orders up: could we just grab it from there?

That is what I'm talking about.

http://fateextra.wiki.fc2.com/

http://www35.atwiki.jp/fate_extra/

Everything you need. Spoiler-free walkthroughs too. (I was considering writing one in English but ah time)

AT LEAST look up the turn orders. The rock-paper-scissors gameplay are the most tedious parts of the game. Most of the bosses don't have set patterns, however, which is fine because they're supposed to be harder than usual.

Laith
February 11th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Most of the bosses don't have set patterns, however, which is fine because they're supposed to be harder than usual.

Rider has one, Archer has one, Caster has one, Arcueid has kinda sorta one, pretty sure Lancer has one. So yeah they do, is just well disguised.