View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Back from Surgery.

I used to think people were just being dicks whenever they said I was pale enough to be a vampire, but coming back and seeing the blood in and around my mouth made the resemblance disturbing.

Seriously, I looked like the kind of person you'd expect to have the surname Von Carstein and a horde of skeletal minions.

On another note, I know what costume I can wear for Halloween. If I decide to go out with a costume for some reason, rather than just handing out candy like always. ...
    Tags: surgery, Vampires
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. So . . . Apparently Anyone Can Stake a Vampire With Their Bare Hands

My love for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" isn't something I keep close to the chest. Even to this day I still claim Joss as one of my key inspirations in writing. I can also admit when he does wrong, but I also know when he gets screwed over by Fox *Cough*Firefly*Cough* or the WB *Cough*Angel*Cough*. (Even though with Angel, half a season later the current CEO who replaced the one who canceled the show admitted it was a bad move. It was one of their highest rated ...
  3. Sensory Immersion in Writing

So, I have this weird thing about scent in writing. I think it comes from the fact that I have chronic sinus problems and my sense of smell is very dull. So I describe scents in my writing quite a bit.

I tend to write about vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural creatures with enhanced senses of smell too so there's that too. Plus I know how much predators rely on that specific scent. My father did study wolves for 14 years when I was growing up before switching to the medical ...
  4. What Comes With Age . . .

It's been a while since I've made an actual blog entry, and I've got a lot of stuff on my mind right now. I figured I'd blog about it. Or something.

In about a week is my 30th birthday. In about seven days I'll turn 30 years old, one of those roadmarks of "old age". It is also traditionally the hallmark of being a true "adult", and it's making me think.

I've had people tell me that being 30 is much better than being in one's twenties, but still it's ...
  5. The Law Unto Herself Chronicles- For Free!

Bare, glowing white feet left patches of frost with each step they took. Her breath was loud and she could hear her heart thundering in her ear as she ran. A branch grabbed the edges of the once fashionable dress she had been wearing, and Eirwin tugged at it.

Silk the color of midnight skies tore, ice spread across the branch, and she pulled free. Tiny, freezing puffs of air spilling forth from her lips caused the air around it to steam. She kept running, her
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast