View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Scrapped Scene

So, this was a scene to "The Stolen" that Roadbuster demanded that I scrap when he was reading the last chapter. He said it was useless and didn't work with the urgency I'd set up in the previous chapters. So, like a good wifeu I scrapped the scene.

Just . . . it was something I had quite a bit of fun writing. So I couldn't just delete it.

Without any further ado, I'm going to share this scrapped scene because Reverse Harems for the Win!

Gender ...
  2. Sensory Immersion in Writing

So, I have this weird thing about scent in writing. I think it comes from the fact that I have chronic sinus problems and my sense of smell is very dull. So I describe scents in my writing quite a bit.

I tend to write about vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural creatures with enhanced senses of smell too so there's that too. Plus I know how much predators rely on that specific scent. My father did study wolves for 14 years when I was growing up before switching to the medical ...
  3. The Law Unto Herself Chronicles- For Free!

Bare, glowing white feet left patches of frost with each step they took. Her breath was loud and she could hear her heart thundering in her ear as she ran. A branch grabbed the edges of the once fashionable dress she had been wearing, and Eirwin tugged at it.

Silk the color of midnight skies tore, ice spread across the branch, and she pulled free. Tiny, freezing puffs of air spilling forth from her lips caused the air around it to steam. She kept running, her
  4. The Law Unto Herself Chronicles

Do you like Urban Fantasy in the vein of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden and Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Do you love 80's Action movies?

Do you enjoy strong heroines who kick ass?

Are you tired of vampires that sparkle?

Is good dialogue your cup of tea?

Well, I have just the story for you!

The Law Unto Herself Chronicles stars Forest, a vampire who's just a bit too good for her own good. Armed with an absurdly large hand gun, ...
  5. I Write Again! "A Boomstick and Some Popcorn Seasoning"

So I finally get some time to write tonight, and I start up the story for the third and final anthology that I'm aiming for in this current crop. The theme is "Psycho Cinema". Considering Scream Queen is about Forest trying to see "Evil Dead 2" on opening night, I figured this story should be about her trying to see "Army of Darkness".

Just nothing ever goes easy for Forest. Ever.

Any comments or criticism will be welcomed. Now, please ...