Type-Moon Dreams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. alfheimwanderer
    alfheimwanderer
    So, has the succubus given you any dreams of the Nasuverse lately?
  2. Usandru
    Usandru
    Hmm, not lately, though there is the persistent daydream of how Shirou dies before summoning Saber and Ayako through bizarre circumstances ends up replacing him, after which the entire Holy Grail War goes to pot while Ayako and Rin desperately attempt to prevent things from getting completely out of hand.

And the other one I can't seem to get wholly rid of, where Ayako and Seo Akira meet in college and end up helping each other kill a Dead Apostle.

Though any dreams of cake are attributed to her.
  3. alfheimwanderer
    alfheimwanderer
    ...Ayako and Seo Akira helping each other kill a Dead Apostle. Now you've piqued my curiosity.

Tell me more.
  4. Usandru
    Usandru
    That is actually the less defined idea of the two, though I'm quite fond of it myself as well.

Basically, this is set some number of years after both Tsukihime and Fate. Somehow Ayako and Akira end up going to the same college, possibly in the same age group and/or class, possibly different, I still haven't worked out the proper ages since I've never found a good source on how the two stories match up.

Anyway, the first version of it was basically a continuation of my Fate AU with Ayako as Shirou's replacement, giving her sufficient combat skill to be a credible threat, but taking one of the vanilla Fate routes (maybe even UBW for extra trauma...) and putting a "normal" Ayako in there might actually be more interesting.
  5. Usandru
    Usandru
    The idea then is that the two of them somehow come upon evidence of a Dead Apostle coming to town, likely through Seo's precognition, and then, with no help coming for whatever reason, they need to save the town by themselves. In the vanilla extension, this would be through careful, careful application of Ayako's skill at martial arts and Seo's precognition to engineer a situation where they can kill the Apostle.

Of course, in the process they'll likely have a great deal of trouble even finding the bastard...
  6. DarkMAN
    DarkMAN
    I don't have dreams about Len. BUT I WANT TO! ;_;
  7. alfheimwanderer
    alfheimwanderer
    From what Nasu's said, Fate happens pretty immediately after Tsukihime, as in Tsuki is in the fall, and the Fate is that winter, I think. 1999-2000.

An interesting dream, certainly. No Ayako getting White Ren as a familiar? A pity...
  8. Usandru
    Usandru
    Hmm, White Ren could work actually... Certainly it would even things out somewhat, and it would be in theme of "minor characters as main character".

Given this, it would perhaps, if shared, revolve around Akira coming to Ayako's university at the same time as a Dead Apostle, perhaps one hunting White Ren. The Dream starts with Akira seeing a vision of Ayako fighting and dying against The Dead, and trying desperately to change this outcome, leading to the two of them barely surviving, and somehow encountering White Ren...
  9. alfheimwanderer
    alfheimwanderer
    White Ren would be a very powerful familiar, given her TATARI abilities and such. So this would be a bit of a neo-Back Alley Alliance sort of dream, eh? Huh, that sounds like it could be the start of an interesting story, though I am rather partial to the dream demon.
  10. Usandru
    Usandru
    I am fonder of Black Ren, but White Ren is interesting in her own right. Her abilities would also solve the critical issue of how Ayako and Akira could even try and match a Dead Apostle, considering how deadly they can be. Not to mention exposition.

Assuming Ayako has a slight amount of Magic Circuits as is my general interpretation, they could form a strong alliance, curiously similar to that of Caster and Kuzuki during the Grail War, Ren and Akira providing magic, Ayako being their sword and shield.

I suppose I'm going to have to start drawing up the basics for this idea too now, aren't I?

Oh well, I like stories. It will hardly be a chore to do...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast