Tainted Flower (Dark Sakura appreciation thread)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mike1984
    Yeah, as much as I'm not fond of Dark Sakura in general, that moment where she rips Zouken's worm out of her heart and crushes it is immensely satisfying. And, honestly, I can well imagine that it would be pretty satisfying for the normal version as well (although, based on the Normal end, she seems to remember little of what she did in her Dark form, and sees it as basically a dream or, rather, a horrible nightmare). As nice a person as she is, even she must she must surely have limits to her kindness, and I think Zouken went well past them.
  2. DragoZERO
    DragoZERO
    Dark Sakura makes me rage... so I'll have to pass.
  3. Kotollama
    Kotollama
    i could say that her special attack at Unlimited Codes is awesomely derp/sexy.
    seriously, she RAPES the opponent!

more lol than that, only the GRAIL move, when she call a bunch of huges "yo niggas" and then THEY RAPE THE FOE.
    aside that, teh exploding-black-onion is quite funny too.
    Dark Sakura for the win.
  4. Trevelyan
    I loved Dark Sakura. The end of Heaven's Feel, after she's stolen or eaten most of the Servants and is completely ignoring Zouken and Assassin while staring vacantly at the Great Grail, only to remember "oh, hey, yeah, haven't thanked Grandfather and Hassan-san for their hard work yet."

Om nom nom. Squish.

All that scene needed was her tentacle raping Rin, Saber and Rider while mounting Shirou and it would have been the perfect end to the perfect VN.
  5. Aiden
    Aiden
    Dark Sakura is <3

Dem tentacles.
  6. Altima of the Gates
    Altima of the Gates
    I think the only real problem I have with her is 1.) It constantly reminds me of her pain, like a person showing you a picture of your best friend who died and then reminds you mockingly they are dead. That kind of feeling. 2.) People basically use it to try and undermine Sakura's abilities, when it was her talents that made AM effective not really the other way around. So it makes brainstorming sessions on abilities frustrating.
  7. Junky
    Junky
    No one actually thinks 2.) -- they just want a reason to undermine her. As for 1.), I see Dark Sakura as a release of her emotions, which it is. Dark Sakura basically does everything she wants to do without restraint (kill Shinji and Zouken, fight Rin, etc.) and still seemingly protects Shirou by constantly supplying Rider with mana.
  8. Mike1984
    I'm not sure Dark Sakura has much choice about supplying Rider with mana. Rider is still her servant, and I don't think contracts can be broken without a command spell or mutual consent (Shirou needed his last one to order Saber to break the contract in the first Bad End).

And, no, Dark Sakura isn't "a release of her emotions" or, at least, not all of them. Dark Sakura is Sakura with her darker emotions amplified and with AM basically "encouraging" her to act in an evil manner by planting thoughts in her head etc. She does things that normal Sakura would not do and would not want to do. Normal Sakura might well resent Rin sometimes and certainly would want to be free of Zouken, but she wouldn't want to hurt Rin or Shinji, even to prove herself.
  9. Altima of the Gates
    Altima of the Gates
    Pretty much. To make it clearer, Dark Sakura is only one *exaggerated* part of Sakura, it's shallow, and drowns out all the good parts of her personality. Her "resentment" (another thing people exaggerate) was already told to Shirou in the guest room in HF and there are many reasons for that, not just "i'm jealous of nee-san".

Dark Sakura has a good character design, but I find it really doesn't do Sakura much justice as a character. Though I'd never begrudge people who like Sakura like that. I just find it makes the character shallow and shelves her in the 1-dimensional yandere box. Good for gags, bad to build an entire character off of.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12