Thread: Introduce yourself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why hello there

The Count of Monte Cristo Lighthot's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    N/A
    Good morning, and good day everyone.

I figured it was about time to do something about my Type-Moon brainrot, and so here I am.

I'll probably be active around the FGO threads and writing channels, but I'm thrilled to see what kind of community Beast's Lair cultures in this corner of the internet.

Based Dantes enjoyer.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Norayd's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    831 858 325
    Hi, don't mind my join date, I made an account then promptly forgot all about it and just lurked here for the last 2 years.

I decided to actually engage with the community though I probably won't be too active, but I'll pop up from time to time.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure someone will say something eventually you just have to respond to.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Hey everyone,

With the release of the Tsukihime Remakes English translation I've found myself in the grips of Type-Moon brain-rot yet again.

I thought I'd finally make an account instead of sporadically lurking around.

Pleased to meet you all.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to hell!

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Welcome to hell!
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm still a bit lost, is there a thread where I can ask what nasuverse titles I should tackle next?

I'm almost done with Tsuki:re and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Blog Entries
    The most immediate thing that comes to mind is this thread, but this generally tends to feature more obscure titles that don't make sense without additional context. Here's a semi-broad list that kind of categorises Type-Moon works by what they're adjacent to.

Titles

Series Title What the hell is that Things you should be familiar with first
    Tsukihime/Mahoyo Tsukihime - a piece of the blue glass moon You already read it.
    Visual novel about Shiki Tohno, a Psychic who possesses eyes that can kill anything, including vampire princesses.
    Witch on the Holy Night Visual novel about Aozaki Aoko, Shiki's mentor, during the 1980s.
    Melty Blood - Type Lumina Fighting game based on Tsukihime (2021).
    Largely consists of joke storylines, but contains some interesting lore.
    Despite the title, it isn't really related to Melty Blood at large in any regard beyond the gameplay.
    Tsukihime - a piece of the blue glass moon
    Tsukihime (2000) The original. Contains the Far Side routes.
    Lunar Legend Tsukihime (manga) Manga adaptation of Tsukihime (2000). Fucking owns.
    Lunar Legend Tsukihime (anime) a licensed psychiatrist
    Kagetsu Tohya Not really Tsukihime 2, but rather Tsukihime 1.5. Tsukihime (2000)
    Melty Blood Melty Blood The original Melty Blood. Kind of aged, but very worth playing for its story. Tsukihime (2000)
    Melty Blood: Re-ACT The original Melty Blood, with some more stuff like an arcade mode.
    Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Melty Blood 2. It has a new story. Melty Blood or MB Re-ACT
    Melty Blood: Actress Again Melty Blood 3. Another new story. Melty Blood or MB Re-ACT
    (Act Cadenza is somewhat optional)
    Melty Blood (manga) Adaptation, ish, of the original Melty Blood.
    Melty Blood X Sequel to the above. Melty Blood (manga)
    Melty Blood Back Alley Nightmare Manga. It's complicated. You won't get it even if you read it two or three times. Melty Blood: Actress Again
    (Melty Blood X is a passable substitute)
    Fate/Grand Order
    Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extra CCC
    Garden of Sinners Garden of Sinners Novel series. Has animated adaptations. Strikingly similar to Tsukihime at first glance, but it's purely superficial.
    Moon's Coral Moon's Coral Short story in the year 3000 about autism in space and dyslexia on Earth. Has a pretty good manga adaptation. Tsukihime in some form, I guess? You'll appreciate it more.
    Notes Notes The first Type-Moon work, kind of. Also the last Type-Moon work, kind of.
    Fate Fate/stay night You absolutely don't need me to explain this.
    Fate/hollow ataraxia Not really Fate/stay night 2, but rather Fate/stay night 1.5. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Zero Prequel to Fate/stay night. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Extra Spinoff. Kind of.
    Fate/Extra CCC Fate/Extra 2, kind of. Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extella Sequel to Extra, but not CCC, and in a very... diagonal kind of way. Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extella Link Man, I don't even know. Fate/Extella
    Fate/Last Encore Anime. Pretended to be an Extra adaptation. Petrikow will call you names if you don't get it (hardly anyone does). All the bad ends in Fate/Extra
    Fate/Apocrypha What-if AU of Fate/Zero. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Zero largely optional
    Fate/strange fake Sequel(?) to Fate/stay night fucking everything to be honest
    Fate/Grand Order Mobage. The "main" Fate instalment at this point. Fate/stay night
    how to take out a loan
    Koha-Ace Gag manga about Imperial Japan. Tsukihime or Melty Blood
    Fate/stay night
    Fate/type Redline Manga adaptation of Koha-Ace that is markedly more serious. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Prototype - Fragments of Blue and Silver Light novels about an alternative version of Fate/Zero which raises the absurd proposition that King Arthur was a man. Hot take: nothing
    Fate/Labyrinth I don't... know? There's a labyrinth? A Servant party adventures in the dungeon and fights monsters? Like, I read it, but I don't actually know what the point of this story was. Fate/Prototype - Fragments of Blue and Silver
    Fate/Lost Einherjar Light novel series, sequel to Fate/Apocrypha. Fate/Apocrypha
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3DS arena fighter in which magical girls fight Servants. Also there's a manga it's based on or whatever. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Requiem More Fate. This time in the near future, again. I'm gonna be real with you, we not makin it out the
    Fate series
    hood
    alive
    Fate/Grand Order
    Garden of Avalon Short stories from Arthurian times. Fate/stay night
    Lord El-Melloi II Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files Detective novels about Magecraft. They're surprisingly whatever. Fate/Zero
    Adventures of Lord El-Melloi II Sequel to the above. Better, so far. Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
    DDD DDD Light novel series about viruses and Daemons.
    Magician's Box Magician's Box A bunch of yuri drama CDs about high school. Literally the best thing to ever come out of Type-Moon, don't @ me. Not particularly accessible though.
    Magician's Box: Starlit Marmalade Manga adaptation of the drama CD of the same name.
    Hibichika Time 4koma based on Magician's Box. The deeper meaning is incomprehensible to lesser beings.
    Pretty sure I missed some, but hey ho.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    The most immediate thing that comes to mind is this thread, but this generally tends to feature more obscure titles that don't make sense without additional context. Here's a semi-broad list that kind of categorises Type-Moon works by what they're adjacent to.

Titles

Series Title What the hell is that Things you should be familiar with first
    Tsukihime/Mahoyo Tsukihime - a piece of the blue glass moon You already read it.
    Visual novel about Shiki Tohno, a Psychic who possesses eyes that can kill anything, including vampire princesses.
    Witch on the Holy Night Visual novel about Aozaki Aoko, Shiki's mentor, during the 1980s.
    Melty Blood - Type Lumina Fighting game based on Tsukihime (2021).
    Largely consists of joke storylines, but contains some interesting lore.
    Despite the title, it isn't really related to Melty Blood at large in any regard beyond the gameplay.
    Tsukihime - a piece of the blue glass moon
    Tsukihime (2000) The original. Contains the Far Side routes.
    Lunar Legend Tsukihime (manga) Manga adaptation of Tsukihime (2000). Fucking owns.
    Lunar Legend Tsukihime (anime) a licensed psychiatrist
    Kagetsu Tohya Not really Tsukihime 2, but rather Tsukihime 1.5. Tsukihime (2000)
    Melty Blood Melty Blood The original Melty Blood. Kind of aged, but very worth playing for its story. Tsukihime (2000)
    Melty Blood: Re-ACT The original Melty Blood, with some more stuff like an arcade mode.
    Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Melty Blood 2. It has a new story. Melty Blood or MB Re-ACT
    Melty Blood: Actress Again Melty Blood 3. Another new story. Melty Blood or MB Re-ACT
    (Act Cadenza is somewhat optional)
    Melty Blood (manga) Adaptation, ish, of the original Melty Blood.
    Melty Blood X Sequel to the above. Melty Blood (manga)
    Melty Blood Back Alley Nightmare Manga. It's complicated. You won't get it even if you read it two or three times. Melty Blood: Actress Again
    (Melty Blood X is a passable substitute)
    Fate/Grand Order
    Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extra CCC
    Garden of Sinners Garden of Sinners Novel series. Has animated adaptations. Strikingly similar to Tsukihime at first glance, but it's purely superficial.
    Moon's Coral Moon's Coral Short story in the year 3000 about autism in space and dyslexia on Earth. Has a pretty good manga adaptation. Tsukihime in some form, I guess? You'll appreciate it more.
    Notes Notes The first Type-Moon work, kind of. Also the last Type-Moon work, kind of.
    Fate Fate/stay night You absolutely don't need me to explain this.
    Fate/hollow ataraxia Not really Fate/stay night 2, but rather Fate/stay night 1.5. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Zero Prequel to Fate/stay night. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Extra Spinoff. Kind of.
    Fate/Extra CCC Fate/Extra 2, kind of. Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extella Sequel to Extra, but not CCC, and in a very... diagonal kind of way. Fate/Extra
    Fate/Extella Link Man, I don't even know. Fate/Extella
    Fate/Last Encore Anime. Pretended to be an Extra adaptation. Petrikow will call you names if you don't get it (hardly anyone does). All the bad ends in Fate/Extra
    Fate/Apocrypha What-if AU of Fate/Zero. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Zero largely optional
    Fate/strange fake Sequel(?) to Fate/stay night fucking everything to be honest
    Fate/Grand Order Mobage. The "main" Fate instalment at this point. Fate/stay night
    how to take out a loan
    Koha-Ace Gag manga about Imperial Japan. Tsukihime or Melty Blood
    Fate/stay night
    Fate/type Redline Manga adaptation of Koha-Ace that is markedly more serious. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Prototype - Fragments of Blue and Silver Light novels about an alternative version of Fate/Zero which raises the absurd proposition that King Arthur was a man. Hot take: nothing
    Fate/Labyrinth I don't... know? There's a labyrinth? A Servant party adventures in the dungeon and fights monsters? Like, I read it, but I don't actually know what the point of this story was. Fate/Prototype - Fragments of Blue and Silver
    Fate/Lost Einherjar Light novel series, sequel to Fate/Apocrypha. Fate/Apocrypha
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3DS arena fighter in which magical girls fight Servants. Also there's a manga it's based on or whatever. Fate/stay night
    Fate/Requiem More Fate. This time in the near future, again. I'm gonna be real with you, we not makin it out the
    Fate series
    hood
    alive
    Fate/Grand Order
    Garden of Avalon Short stories from Arthurian times. Fate/stay night
    Lord El-Melloi II Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files Detective novels about Magecraft. They're surprisingly whatever. Fate/Zero
    Adventures of Lord El-Melloi II Sequel to the above. Better, so far. Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
    DDD DDD Light novel series about viruses and Daemons.
    Magician's Box Magician's Box A bunch of yuri drama CDs about high school. Literally the best thing to ever come out of Type-Moon, don't @ me. Not particularly accessible though.
    Magician's Box: Starlit Marmalade Manga adaptation of the drama CD of the same name.
    Hibichika Time 4koma based on Magician's Box. The deeper meaning is incomprehensible to lesser beings.
    Pretty sure I missed some, but hey ho.
    Thanks for the help!

Kudos for typing all of that out, by the way.
    Last edited by Final Roar; June 26th, 2023 at 03:47 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Less an introduction and more a reintroduction? Playing Tsuki RE in October 22 got me back into Type Moon in like a real way and I figured it'd be fun to come back and start posting here again. Talking about TM with friends has its charms but I do miss the forum environment. Ignore all my old posts, was a teen and stand by basically none of them. Some favorites are Tohno Shiki, Roa, Noel, BB and Kotomine. Glad to be back

US Friend Code
    Welcome back, and similarly I just returned recently. Join the club of people who want to punch their past selves.
    何処に行くの

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Glad to have you back.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    Playing Tsuki RE in October 22 got me back into Type Moon in like a real way
    You wouldn't be the first. Nice to see you.

Hey everyone. I guess it's been a while since I registered. I was just looking for some pp material and thought ''Why not introduce myself?''... I was watching Fate/Zero anime when I discovered Type-Moon and VN stuff. Then I restarted the universe with Tsukihime and read it recently. I live in Turkey. Nice to meet y'all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hello!

不死 Undead
    Well this is awkard, found this thread by sheer coincidence.
    I guess a late introduction is better than no what so ever, after being for long time a casual type moon fan, i decided to become a member of this community to get a better understanding of the type moonverse, aswell to improve my english skill's.

Blog Entries
    It's no problem, as Seika herself puts it.

- - - Updated - - -

(I'm not going to update the URL, just click into the FAQ thread)
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad