Page 102 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 25292971001011021031041071121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 157484

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Question: does F/HA have any H-Scenes?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Question: does F/HA have any H-Scenes?
    One in the main story and 4 as "Eclipse" scenes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Well, that's why I said it was my opinion.
    Opinions can still be wrong, you know....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    That's not how opinions work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    They can only be based on wrong facts, which might lead to correction of the actual opinion.

Blog Entries
    I still want to know what the deal is with Touko's cigarettes. Are they her Mystic Code, or something?
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We don't know. Here's what we do know:

-they taste like shit
    -they are made in Taiwan
    -they are hand-made by a craftsman, not mass-produced
    -only one cardboard boxful was ever made
    -they are the second most valuable item in Garan no Dou (Touko's Workshop)

Nothing is explicit stated, but they are probably not regular cigarettes.

Blog Entries
    I haven't read all the translated KnK novels (or if I did, it was a while ago), but it the movie adaptation she's definitely using them to cast runes.

I always thought that Touko's Mystic code was her rape face.[/jk]

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised, considering she can make EXTRAS AS NEEDED AND TAKE THEM WITH HER.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I haven't read all the translated KnK novels (or if I did, it was a while ago), but it the movie adaptation she's definitely using them to cast runes.
    Technically you don't need anything specific to cast Runes, because the markings themselves hold the power. You can shape them with smoke, carve them down, write them down with a pen. Any cigarette will probably do in this case.

I guess they are very expensive because there's "special herb" inside.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    When have I ever claimed that I expect Rin to understand what she's been through?
    What, so you want her to pretend she understands?

She should have told her that she loved her and that she cared, yes. And, the fact that doing so would have been entirely OOC for her doesn't make what she actually did any less retarded.

There are times when telling the hard truth is a good idea, but the time when your little sister is goes crazy and desperately reaches out for some love with the last tiny remnant of her sanity is not it.
    Now I don't even know what you're arguing. You agree that Rin suddenly turning around and being a caring, attentive sister who empathises with her all of a sudden would be out of character, and then you say she should've done it anyway. That would've just been bad writing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

As I said already in another goes for this discusion, I saw that scene as Rin giving the metaphorical slap in the face to Sakura. If she hadn't fought back, Rin would have killed her, so Rin just bought more time for Shirou to come.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    They can only be based on wrong facts, which might lead to correction of the actual opinion.
    Well, it depends what you're calling an "opinion", really. Some opinions cannot be wrong, but others most certainly can be.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    What, so you want her to pretend she understands?
    No, I want her to avoid mentioning it, and to instead point out that, regardless of whether or not she understands what Sakura has been through, she does care.

Now I don't even know what you're arguing. You agree that Rin suddenly turning around and being a caring, attentive sister who empathises with her all of a sudden would be out of character, and then you say she should've done it anyway. That would've just been bad writing.
    Erm, there's a distinction between "what Rin should have done" and "what Nasu should have written". Yes, it's OOC for Rin to act like that, but that's because Rin is an emotional retard and fails miserably to understand things like that. I'm not criticising Nasu's writing, I'm criticising Rin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    As I said already in another goes for this discusion, I saw that scene as Rin giving the metaphorical slap in the face to Sakura. If she hadn't fought back, Rin would have killed her, so Rin just bought more time for Shirou to come.
    Except that that's not true. Had Rin not given that speech, Sakura might have "given up", but that doesn't mean Rin would just have killed her outright. After all, if she's not fighting back then Rin has absolutely no excuse for not just standing around and waiting for Shirou to show up.

The real reason she gave that speech was because she was trying to persuade herself that she didn't care, and that killing Sakura was perfectly fine and totally necessary.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No, I want her to avoid mentioning it, and to instead point out that, regardless of whether or not she understands what Sakura has been through, she does care.
    Except exposing herself, physically or mentally, is not her. That's like expecting Kotomine to hug Rin, tell her it's all right and let her cry on his shoulder- or expecting Shirou to sit down, put his feet up and watch people die.

Erm, there's a distinction between "what Rin should have done" and "what Nasu should have written". Yes, it's OOC for Rin to act like that, but that's because Rin is an emotional retard and fails miserably to understand things like that. I'm not criticising Nasu's writing, I'm criticising Rin.
    Not if you remember that they're fictional characters. Y'know, as in, "Acting Out Of Character".

Also, blaming Rin for being bad with people is like blaming a rock for being hard. She's been raised by Kotomine, she's had less human contact than Sakura has, she has to keep a facade up and not let even her closest friends find out what she's actually like.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Fight on eddyak, I am with you.
    I am generally opposed to expecting characters to act in any way except the way they are written.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    We don't know. Here's what we do know:

-they taste like shit
    -they are made in Taiwan
    -they are hand-made by a craftsman, not mass-produced
    -only one cardboard boxful was ever made
    -they are the second most valuable item in Garan no Dou (Touko's Workshop)

Nothing is explicit stated, but they are probably not regular cigarettes.

Actually, aren't Touko's cigarette's ones that last forever? I believe she mentions that in Chapter 5 to Mikiya when she tells him to runaway. Or was it during another one? Definitely 3, 4, or 5.

Oh wait. In 5 all I found during that scene was her saying a guy in Taiwan only made one box.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Except exposing herself, physically or mentally, is not her. That's like expecting Kotomine to hug Rin, tell her it's all right and let her cry on his shoulder- or expecting Shirou to sit down, put his feet up and watch people die.
    Yeah, but people dislike Kotomine because he won't do things like that, and instead tries to encourage suffering. In the end, characters are judged and criticised based on their character traits, and that is all that I am doing here.

Not if you remember that they're fictional characters. Y'know, as in, "Acting Out Of Character".
    Erm, what?

Since when is it impossible to judge fictional characters on the same criteria as you would judge someone in real life. If a real person were in that situation, then acting like Rin did would be retarded, and thus what Rin did is also retarded.

Also, blaming Rin for being bad with people is like blaming a rock for being hard. She's been raised by Kotomine, she's had less human contact than Sakura has, she has to keep a facade up and not let even her closest friends find out what she's actually like.
    And?

That doesn't make it any less true. Rin's actions there were stupid. That doesn't mean I hate her for it, not least because she suffered more than anyone as a result of her idiocy (if Saber is not killed, anyway...).

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Fight on eddyak, I am with you.
    I am generally opposed to expecting characters to act in any way except the way they are written.
    I'm not "expecting" her to act in any particular way. I'm just saying it would be the sensible thing for her to have done.

Blog Entries
    She has enough reasons not to check up on her sister, since that would not result in any good.
    Magi families don't like when someone enters their home/workshop, so snuffing around would only endanger Sakura, and why risk it when she always says that she is fine?
    Even if she was in danger, she can't just start a family war between their respective families to break a pact that her father made.
    Rin was obviously worried, but CHOSE to not endanger Sakura, it was the most rational choice at that moment.

Blog Entries
    Does anybody happen to know whether or not that old "Iron Emblem" TRPG Nasu used to run with his friends used a particular game system, or if it was some custom thing he dreamed up?