Page 1101 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 101601100110511091109610991100110111021103110611111151120116012101 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,020 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    How does being a medium work in the Nasuverse?
    By being around a size 6-12 I guess? Maybe a 30 inch waste line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grass grows, sun shines, birds fly, and Tobias makes a terrible joke.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Hey, I *almost* understood it this time. My assumption that he was talking about sex like always threw me off.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I think you got tobias mixed up with me. I'm the one always cracking the crude uncomfortable sex jokes.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

You seem proud of this.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I think you got tobias mixed up with me. I'm the one always cracking the crude uncomfortable sex jokes.
    >>you have ever made me uncomfortable

I'm almost tempted to start blathering about what mine poor eyes have seen.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I'd say that anyone who has been on the Internet for a significant amount of time has been altered in some way terra.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Hey, I *almost* understood it this time. My assumption that he was talking about sex like always threw me off.
    hey! I make terrible jokes about everything, just with nasuverse, its always easy to take the low hanging sex joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    hey! I make terrible jokes about everything, just with nasuverse, its always easy to take the low hanging sex joke.
    *contemplates*
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

From what I understand of when Roa incarnates himself in another host, they are born with his soul. That means that Ciel was basically Roa who had forgotten all Roa's memories, right? If that is so, why is it possible for one personality to live, and the other to die? Even now, Ciel should still be Roa, is that not so? Won't her soul reincarnate in the same manner when she dies? After all, how can Roa die when Ciel is alive (as she is Roa)?

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    How does being a medium work in the Nasuverse?
    I remember that the Fujou did it, but what did they do exactly? How does that work?
    At least some of them (some of the time) are meant to be vessels for Heroic Spirits. One of the very few things true Heroic Spirits can do, apparently, other than hang around in the Throne: talk through oracles and prophets and so forth.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    At least some of them (some of the time) are meant to be vessels for Heroic Spirits. One of the very few things true Heroic Spirits can do, apparently, other than hang around in the Throne: talk through oracles and prophets and so forth.
    I think there is also some form of magic that lets you borrow some of their power, or at least I remember Rin saying something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    From what I understand of when Roa incarnates himself in another host, they are born with his soul. That means that Ciel was basically Roa who had forgotten all Roa's memories, right? If that is so, why is it possible for one personality to live, and the other to die? Even now, Ciel should still be Roa, is that not so? Won't her soul reincarnate in the same manner when she dies? After all, how can Roa die when Ciel is alive (as she is Roa)?
    Ciel revives after Arc kills her and possess the personality of Ciel. Doesn't that imply she has her own soul, separate of Roa's, and that her continuing classification as Roa is a clerical error made by the planet?

Otherwise, yeah it becomes hard to understand. Its been a long time since I read about this in the old BL days so I'm just rationalizing here with the info I can recall. Besides, even if Roa shared the paradox with Ciel it doesn't seem to cover outright erasure or destruction of the soul.

The ability to reincarnate isn't automatic (if you meant moving to new bodies at least). So, although she probably has the memories required, it won't happen unless she sets it up herself.

PS: Good question. Even if I'm totally off base this was fun to think about.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There is no longer such a thing as "Roa's soul". He exists as "data that infects the soul". Ciel's soul does not exist in such a manner. Ciel's soul is just a soul which has been overwritten by Roa once. You don't become a soul-jacker just by being "Roa". You have to pick up Roa's craft, which Ciel is not likely to do so.
    "In other words,
    The vampire named 'The Serpent' has made this cycle of reincarnation his own.
    That's what I mean when I say he comes back to life even after he is killed."
    "Reincarnation---you mean if he dies he will start over again as a baby......?"

"Yes. While 'The Serpent' is alive, he chooses his next host and when it is born, he transmits all of the information of his 'self'.
    'The Serpent's' information stays deep within the baby until it matures, or until it gains sufficient intelligence.
    As soon as that baby has the intelligence to succeed 'his self', the baby becomes a new vampire that is the 'Serpent'."
    "I said all of his information earlier, but to say it simpler, think of it as his 'soul'.
    It wouldn't be quite correct to say his soul propagates through the air and takes over someone's body, but it's similar to an electro-magnetic wave.
    In this case, the human brain is what does the transmitting and the receiving.
    His exceptional point is that he took this soul, which is incalculable and something that disperses as soon as it leaves the envelope of the body, and processed it as something that could be transmitted."
    MEoDP just kills Roa by bring the death of Roa in the Akashic Records to now. There is nothing for the World to roll back to (if the World even wants to roll back), since the World is a lower order compared to the Akashic Records.

EDIT:
    "Her dead body was taken to the Church and preserved as a sample of a vampire returning to human form.
    ...... But, though I don't know what kind of fate it was, her body was a special body, and had an abnormal reviving ability.
    One day three years later, even though she shouldn't have, she came back from the dead.
    ...... It's strange, isn't it? Even though it was just a discarded shell of Roa's soul, it still came back to life.

"...... In short, she was a contradiction.
    She was a human born as Roa. Even though the personality of her first fifteen years was hers, the name of her soul was Roa.
    While she was herself, she was also Roa.
    So, it is a contradiction if the girl called Roa is dead when Roa is alive.
    The progeny of the existence Roa...... this daughter of Roa cannot die before him.

"Whenever this world has even a slight error, this world corrects it to preserve itself.
    So--that child, as long as Roa's soul still exists, will exist for all eternity. No one else but the world itself "fixes" the error automatically.
    Ciel is "Roa's shell". The shell cannot die before the soul, from the World's perspective.

If the body dies after the soul is destroyed, the World's ok with that.
    Last edited by food; March 12th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

So Ciel's soul is a copy of Roa's. It was basically infected by Roa's data, and corrupted until it became Roa. But Roa's data left her body and copied itself onto SHIKI. So now there are two of Roa in existence, one of which does not have Roa's "will" or personality. Is that right?

Also, can the sleeping Roa gain all his knowledge from Akasha before he takes over? What determines which personality is in control? If the original personality is in control, like SHIKI in Far Side, it seems like he does not have his vampiric nature or goals to kill Arcueid--does this mean that Far Side SHIKI is like Ciel, and can choose not to induce the next reincarnation?

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So Ciel's soul is a copy of Roa's. It was basically infected by Roa's data, and corrupted until it became Roa. But Roa's data left her body and copied itself onto SHIKI. So now there are two of Roa in existence, one of which does not have Roa's "will" or personality. Is that right?
    Ya, it is "corrupted". The soul is "Roa" from the World's perspective, but obviously the personality is different.

Also, can the sleeping Roa gain all his knowledge from Akasha before he takes over? What determines which personality is in control? If the original personality is in control, like SHIKI in Far Side, it seems like he does not have his vampiric nature or goals to kill Arcueid--does this mean that he is like Ciel, and can choose not to induce the next reincarnation?
    Roa "wakes up" and converts the child to Dead Apostle when he feels the time is right. Roa seemed to slack off a bit in the Far Side routes (although he was still very much "there").
    Whose personality is "in control" is not something that can be determined with certainty.
    In the Near Side routes, Roa seemd to be in control, but Plus Period tells that his behavirou was still heavily influenced by SHIKI. Roa himself was a calm and collected man. The rabid, bloodthirsty "Roa" was a result of SHIKI's aggressive nature.
    Roa himself is fading gradually anyways. I imagine it would be rare for him to be "in control". He would be more like this "voice in your head", lol.
    Last edited by food; March 13th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Okay, so if the host dies before Roa "awakens" in him or her, does Roa die permanently?

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Roa is already there, and the soul is Roa's. The facade personality is just oblivious of what he/she really is.

If you kill the child, Roa can probably just make the leap again.

I meant if you kill the child before Roa can make any preparation. If he was suddenly killed without any warning.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Roa is too baller for your petty tricks. Roa is always prepared.