Page 12 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I will never forgive Code Geass for making an interesting character flaw into a triviality, along with all that other crap they did in the early episodes of R2. Kallen killing people in a bunny suit only buys you so many points.

It was an amusing train wreck of an anime though.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Yes but the first season was a better trainwreck. If they had ended it on episode 26 I would not complain. As far as I am concerned that wrapped up and resolved the major thematic conflict with two friends killing each other over a difference in methodology/philosophy.

Edit: I mean I guess the second season had more Jeremiah and some other cool parts but you really have to stick with it to the end and the whole time I kept thinking what this would be like if they had not changed time slots (and had meddling producers).

IIRC, they were considering two possibilities before the time spot change.

I don't remember the first one, but I remember the other one was some girl taking up Zero's mantle, so after Lelouch regains his memory, when he rejoined the black knights he was ranked beneath Tamaki.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hated R2. Most of it was just rehash of R1. The best part of it at the time was making theories that would have made the show so much more awesome if they were true. Not to mention all of the Sunrise hijack going on (what the fuck? Why did you need more school episodes?).
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Ginger Magus
    At least one thing came out of R2. This:

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Making a character flaw into a triviality?

And my theory was epic. I stand by it as a far better theory than the one they came up with.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

which character flaw and what be this theory?

Honk

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I dunno, I was asking Terra.

And... I've forgotten exactly how it went, but it was awesome. Damn.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tamaki was pretending to be stupid and secretly has the Geass power to destroy Britannia?

Just got back from my run.
    @eddyak and Tangerang
    Lelouch's Geass going out of control, it seemed obvious at the time that it was supposed to mirror Mao losing control and it would be interesting to wee how he would have dealt with it. He would have probably been forced to interact with normal people as Zero possibly causing him to have an identity crisis as he acts as Lelouch less and less, CC his only refuge for humanity (and maybe people like Kallen who knew his identity and had already been Geassed)
    @just Tang
    What alternate ideas were these? do tell more
    @Cruor
    Yah rehashing was my biggest complaint, it felt like Sunrise reached a point where they were not sure what to do with the story "Oh no it won't be set in a school anymore, whatever will we do?!?" and so they essentially reset it so they would not have to deal with the implications of the last few episodes.
    Also I was lurking online at the time, but what did anyone notice they completely dropped: 1) that one part where Suzaku sees CC through the Gawain and it is implied to be a big deal 2) that one loli princess chick they make out to be a big who declares herself to be Zero's fiance in the last episodes
    and probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting

Edit: durr hurr 'himself' really terra changed to reflect the gender of the person I am talking about
    Last edited by terraablaze; April 1st, 2011 at 08:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Kaguya (Zero's loli bride) was awesome. "Don't they say heroes are fond of sensual pleasures?" She practically suggested a foursome, chick was win.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

And we hardly saw her at all. NOOOOOO! We apparently needed even more characters that fulfill similar roles to preexisting characters. Also they would not let some (correction most) of their characters die, I liked Cornelia vi Britannia but her role ended after Lelouch defeated her. The premise of the show is Lelouch destroying Britannia she was out then and there. Seriously for someone bent on destroying the family Lelouch did not serve out the familicide in helpings I find satisfactory.
    Stupid useless 1-note characters taking all my screen time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1) that one part where Suzaku sees CC through the Gawain and it is implied to be a big deal
    Not to mention Suzaku's physical abilities which the directors said had something to do with the Geass and was gonna be explained in R2 but never was. Hell, we don't even know why the floor collapsed at the island (Kaminejima, I think it was?). Because just blaming it on 'lolgeassreactions' is bullshit.

I remember back in R2 speculation days I found the 'Anya was just Marianne's maid' thing to be stupid. There was tons of hints for something more interesting.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

@Crour
    What!?! Suzaku and Geass!?! Also remember how it was implied high performance Knightmare Frames put a strain on the human body, but after Suzaku loses his Knightmare virginity and some mention about skin tight suits being vital for your survival they just drop it. And than later you had Rolo piloting whatever he picked up in a school uniform and his bad heart. Stupid so stupid.
    Who is Anya again I forget?
    Man it feels so good to talk about this with people sorry about the derail. I watched it when it aired on adult swim (so yes I am a godless heathen who watched the dub) because I did not know you could find this stuff online elsewhere.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Certis Baliano View Post
    It's as if all the magi know how to make Mystic Eye Killers now...

But nah, since Rin's a great magus, I'll accept it.
    I think CM3 says the Mystic Eyes Killer came from Touko.

Give me a second to verify for you...

EDIT:

Yes, the Mystic Eyes Killer are from Touko.

Also, for those who are interested, Nasu hinted that Archer's Burial Cloth is given by Ciel during his 20's.

Wtf Nasu, wtf.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anya was that pink-haired loli, the Knight of Four.

And to be honest I rather liked the Code Geass dub.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Also, for those who are interested, Nasu hinted that Archer's Burial Cloth is given by Ciel during his 20's.

Wtf Nasu, wtf.
    Huh. I was thinking it was a gift from Karen for some reason.

EDIT:

Wtf Nasu, wtf.
    Shirou confirmed for Tsukihime 2 along with Bazett and Caren?

deadfish

EDIT:

Wtf Nasu, wtf.
    Eeehh.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Karen had a Burial Cloth, but it was different from Archer's (which he made into his battle suit).

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    Eeehh.
    What's your take on this, fish man?