Page 1501 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 5011001140114511491149614991500150115021503150615111551160120012501 ... LastLast
Results 30,001 to 30,020 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only requisite for being a Magician is being able to use True Magic. On the other hand, the word "magus" carries more baggage and implies a certain way to go about the whole magecraft thingy.

So you could be a Magician and not a magus. I think.

NZXT
    Where was it mentioned that Merlin could use one of the True Magics? o.o

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by NZXT View Post
    I don't know why but an Author Caster is something I can easily see. Like a Caster Jung or Caster Neitzche...

If Gil were to use Ea in the SE.RA.PH, wouldn't that destroy it?
    Depends. Would a computer program burn out a computer?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yes.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What do they mean when the Einzbern want to reclaim their Third Magic. How do you even lose that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    "Honey! Have you seen the Third Magic anywhere?"
    "I think I saw it in the living room!"
    "I just checked and it's not there!"
    "I dunno then."
    "Oh god, oh god, don't tell me we lost it... We can't lose it! My Great Grandpa gave me that magic on his deathbed!"
    "Well, I'll check the garage, okay? See if it's there!"
    "I just checked there! Oh god, we lost it, we really, really lost it! What am I gonna tell my dad!?"
    "Oh, we didn't lose it, don't be such a worry-wart!"
    "My dad's gonna kill me! That magic was a priceless family heirloom!"
    "Well, it's not in the garage..."
    "---Wait, I got it. Look, it's okay. I'll just call up some old friends of mine, call in some old favours, and we can... We can fix this!"
    "Dear, calm down."
    "It's okay! I got this! I totally got this!"
    "... sigh. Well just be sure not to come back in pieces, okay dear?"

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What do they mean when the Einzbern want to reclaim their Third Magic. How do you even lose that.
    With all the stuff "lost" in human history I don't see it strange at all...

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, I thought it was explained somewhere or something.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

NZXT
    Yes.

Ea is an Anti-World Noble Phantasm. If it can erode a Reality Marble, it should be able to erode the Serial Phantasm as well...

Which is why I think that CCC's Gil's NP will not be Ea- unless it's ENUMA ERISHU BEAMU. Full NP will probably be GoB, and skills will be various weapons launched from it, one at a time, akin to Archer's skill set... My prediction.

Blog Entries
    CM3, in Saber's profile. He's '魔法使いマリン' instead of '魔術使いマリン', but arai thought it was just one of the editors taking the thing wholecloth from some reference book about Merlin, instead of making a deliberate distinction between True Magic-user and Magus. (Most of us treat his idea with some scepticism, I think)
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Yes.

Ea is an Anti-World Noble Phantasm. If it can erode a Reality Marble, it should be able to erode the Serial Phantasm as well...

Which is why I think that CCC's Gil's NP will not be Ea- unless it's ENUMA ERISHU BEAMU. Full NP will probably be GoB, and skills will be various weapons launched from it, one at a time, akin to Archer's skill set... My prediction.
    Wouldn't it just be Ea beamu? The moon cell will probably put restrictions on it like with Caster's noble phantasm being unable to call forth the dead to do her bidding.

Merlin is called a Magician in Saber's CM3 bio.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Isn't it implied that the 3rd can turn you isn't some kind of higher being or something? My idea is that the user just went "welp, it's been great but there's a whole other plane of existence out there, see ya" and left without passing it down. Either that or one of the heirs failed hard and simply couldn't inherit it before the user died (which doesn't make sense as it's the 3rd we're talking about).

I don't know why but an Author Caster is something I can easily see. Like a Caster Jung or Caster Neitzche...

If Gil were to use Ea in the SE.RA.PH, wouldn't that destroy it?
    Probably? It spins super-compressed wind so fucking fast that space-time can't take it and is ripped apart. It's basically overloading the processor to the point that it overheats. If that happened to a computer that was running a Virtual Reality, and you were inside it, you'd probably see something similar to what we saw in IH, except you wouldn't come out of it after the (virtual) world collapsed. But like Walpurgisnacht said, the Moon Cell would probably constrain it.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Yes.
    Only if it was programmed to take up all the computer's resources. You can't really have a program that would physically affect the machine. I reckon the Moon Cell would just terminate the program before any damage happened to its servers.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

NZXT
    Gentlemen, let's handle this like gentlemen.

... *wriggles mustache* To the badass Versus Thread, *adjusts monocle* bitches!
    Last edited by NZXT; June 13th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Only if it was programmed to take up all the computer's resources. You can't really have a program that would physically affect the machine. I reckon the Moon Cell would just terminate the program before any damage happened to its servers.
    Haha. Nope. You just gotta exploit hardware/software bugs. Once upon a time, you could even burn monitors and destroy hard drives. (Issue the right commands, and the CRT controller would fry its circuitry. Park the disk heads the wrong way, and they'd never come back)
    Hell, if you manage to switch the fans off (some motherboards let software control'em), you can fry the computer that way. Or overload the GPU. Or plenty of tricks. They just aren't common 'cause they're specific for each piece of hardware.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    About the Black Barrel Replica.

When Sion fires it upwards (the Sky) No recoil happens and it felt like the shot she fires does not affect her at all except the victim but why does firing the BBR in a Straight Line pushes her away due to recoil and she has to anchor her body with Etherlite.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    You're quite obsessed with Sion, aren't you?

Well she wouldn't need to anchor herself if she's shooting upwards. The recoil would move her downwards, so she'd only be pushed to the ground. As for how her arm is able to stay intact, I'd chalk it up to vampire physiology.
    Last edited by celsius; June 14th, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    You're quite obsessed with Sion, aren't you?

Well she wouldn't need to anchor herself if she's shooting upwards. The force would move downwards, so she'd only be pushed to the ground. As for how her arm is able to stay intact, I'd chalk it up to vampire physiology.
    Well the question just popped out in my head and I still cannot find any other questions about other chars in my head yet.

EDIT: And Well. Sion was firing it upwards and it did not like push her down from the recoil. She is just able to fire it STANDING up without much difficulty.
    Last edited by ChiakiKakumei; June 14th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Ea deletes Win32, Moon Cell now runs 4-8 times faster and more efficiently.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    Well the question just popped out in my head and I still cannot find any other questions about other chars in my head yet.

EDIT: And Well. Sion was firing it upwards and it did not like push her down from the recoil. She is just able to fire it STANDING up without much difficulty.
    iirc, when she fires upward, she`s standing fully straight and given that this is Sion, i doubt that her aim is off by even a fraction of a degree,so unless the recoil is something so powerfull as to break her bones, i doubt you`d notice it...

then again, Sion is only 161 cm tall,so maybe thats the side effect...