Page 151 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 511011411461491501511521531561612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I agree, old one looks better.

I'd much rather have multiple characters for the illustrations

So heres an example of the newer ones and once again the older one..

Last edited by fuji; May 31st, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

I am the worthlessness of my giant forehead?

Shirou? Why so depressed? What are you doing ther- oh it's just Enjou
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    And not a fuck was given that day. '_'

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that was my reaction too.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dawwwww, Emoe.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/17...es-mecha-panty

wtf is this, why is Ryougi Mana a Jedi!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post

I love that picture and Takeuchi chin

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    The newest one has one of those terrible Takeuchi sideview faces.
    AGGG!!! THE NOSE!!! THE NOSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post

The guy with the black hair is like a mix of Araya and Lancelot ¬_¬

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Go kick ass Aralot

Hello everyone! It’s been a few years since I’ve last lurked on this forum and I was a bit surprised that the account was suspended. It feels like a waste. It’s not like anybody would be surprised to see a bit of adult content on a forum dedicated to a visual novel.

I have a few questions concerning Fate/stay night. I tried to seek the answers by browsing the forum and various archives without much success, so here I am.

Here goes the first problem:

http://web.archive.org/web/200707141...wiki.com/Magic

Shirou has a magical reserve of 20 to 30 units.
    Rin has a magical reserve of 500 units.
    Unlimited Blade Works costs around 270 units.
    The tracing cost of a weapon is 5 units.

I observe the numbers and wonder… in the Unlimited Blade Works route, how was Shirou, even with Rin’s support, ever able to trace a rain of swords, Rho Aias and Unlimited Blade works in his fight against Gilgamesh? Does this mean that without Rin’s support Shirou would barely be able to trace five swords?

Second problem:

Shirou has a magical reserve of 20 to 30 units.
    Archer has a magical reserve of 1200 units.
    By comparison, Rin has a magical reserve of 500 units.

Considering that they are the same person, don’t you find the difference in numbers a little shocking? Shouldn’t there be a limit to how much one can train? I can’t imagine Shirou’s magical potential ever surpassing Rin’s.

Shirou, however, originally made the mistake of thinking he had to make a circuit each time instead of turning one on; extremely dangerous as it runs the risk of blowing himself apart if he screwed up. Kiritsugu also used his circuits in the same way, supposedly, or at least didn't realize that Shirou was doing this. Because he didn't know that he just had to make a circuit once in order to be able to use it, most of his 27 circuits had been "sleeping". As a result, his normal nerves were becoming his circuits. Opening and activating one of these sleeping circuits by force caused it to enter a state of shock, and temporarily screwed up his own nervous system. Self-mutilation might have been what helped lead Shirou to his brand of thaumaturgy. Lineages and magi do not try to increase the circuits of a heir after birth.

The number of circuits Shirou has is a surprisingly large 27. 10 units of Prana can just barely be handled by one circuit (while damaging his circuits as well), but this isn't by any means the average nor is it consistent.
    Third problem:

I haven’t played the last route and have some trouble understanding the difference between Shirou’s projection abilities in Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel. Would Unlimited Blade Works Shirou still be able to trace Nine Lives or the jeweled blade without Archer’s arms? Would he have still the ability to reinforce his body or trace Berserker’s strength and skills?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the first issue, I believe that utilizing sword rain inside Unlimited Blade Works shouldn't cost any prana, as the cost of projection is in fact the energy it takes to move a sword from his Reality Marble to the outside world. Therefore, while he's in his Reality Marble, moving swords should be a free action as far as I'm concerned.

Rin also mentioned in Unlimited Blade Works that Shirou really wasn't holding back with his prana consumption so it was a fairly big drain on both of them. Everything got better as soon as the Reality Marble appeared though. And as for Shirou only being able to project five swords or so tops, we really don't have any idea how the prana system works, is it a straight currency or can we "borrow" prana and then pay it back with fatigue? How does combat prana recovery work? Also worth considering is that some magi work by investing a small amount of their prana in a spell and suck the rest from the surrounding area.

As for the second issue, I don't think there's an upper limit to the magic reserves you can hold (c/f: Sakura possessing an effectively infinite reserve of prana post-HF), and so these reserves are just indicators of the total energy they can make use of, and considering Archer's Servant status it may be a "start up capital" the Greater Grail granted him so Archer could operate in the Grail War without Rin immediately paying for everything he does.

For the last question, short answer is yes, yes and yes.

Long answer - the projection Shirou uses in Heaven's Feel (through Archer's arm) is the same thaumaturgical process, although Archer's is more refined and streamlined, and thus the basic benefits are the same including body reinforcement and attribute imitation. Also, tracing Nine Lives shouldn't be a problem given he pulls it from Unlimited Blade Works instead of projecting it from first principles. Next, considering UBW!Shirou at the end of his route has most of the projection theory pinned down due to his fight with Archer, I think he should be able to pull off the shape of the Jeweled Sword Zelretch with significantly MORE effort than with the arm-graft (because the burden's on himself to concentrate on the process instead of the innate knowledge of the arm) but it does seem possible. He also has the benefit of Archer's arm not trying to fry his brain every four seconds.
    Last edited by Counterguardian; June 1st, 2011 at 06:55 AM.

Rin has a known releashing capacity of 1000 of prana units. In UBW Shirou stated that she isn't even at 60% of her total capacity, and still she has over 500 of mana units. In theory, if she is totally charged, she can releash all her capacity in one strike, using every of her circuits, so she must have a total pool of 1000.

Also, Archer made a pact with Alaya that multiplied his power.

Shirou's real total capacity with his 27 circuits should surpass 270 units, or at least reach it.

BTW, are we sure that each projections cost 5 units? Because I find extremely unlikely that Shirou could force 2 circuits, each one being able to hold 10 units, to contain 16 projections with a cost of 80 units, 4 times the capacity of said circuits. One thing is force things and another is that.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

後継者 Successor
    What's the 'power level' of Tohno Makihisa?

And is this correct: Ciel = Akiha > Fake Assassin > Tohno Makihisa?

Ciel>Akiha
    I'm really not sure Ciel > Fake Assassin.
    And I don't think we know enough about Makihisa.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    rin's power storage is 200. she is channeling 1000 iirc

and akiha despite having a fuck load of offense is to much a glass canon. its cool that in the right situation she can pin down arc or probably servants, but her basic skill level and reaction speeds are just not high enough to reach that kind of tier, so overall ciel is considerably stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

後継者 Successor
    The Akiha we know from the far side routes was too weak to defeat an agile opponent like Shiki Nanaya, but that's because she's a... civilian? But nevertheless her demon blood should mean that her physical abilities should have the potential to be at least as strong as Ciel.

I can't remember very well but in the manga she dominated Ciel pretty badly. (at least for a while, memory fuzzy)

manga does not equal canon

Honk

Blog Entries
    manga does not equal canon
    But that part was awesome, and everybody knows that with Nasu awesome = canon, when it comes to things that he didn't personally create. See K&B Overedge.