Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Well, that's also sort of a mischaracterization. He doesn't go to pieces just from an even matchup, he goes to pieces when it's a mongrel or a faker doing it. He was excited at the prospect of facing Hercules, after all, before he realized he was uselessly insane.

Blog Entries
    I would grant the point if to Gilgamesh, everyone didn't fall into the category of either mongrel or WOMANZ AND CHILDRENZ, if not both.

Its Gilgamesh, he looks down on nearly everyone, so I stand by the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Not Berserker! Didn't you watch the anime?
    Berseker died five times (on anime) or worse six time (in actual VN)
    Under Construction

^^
    Well he was excited to finally have a worthy challenge in Fate/Zero because he's bored out of his mind with weaklings, and then he just face rolls it with Enuma Enlish.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    since theyre originally one person shirou can easily copy archer skill.
    Nope.

UBW, Shirou starts getting headaches just seeing Archer's fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So if you take away all his items and shit, he isnt going to go arm wrestle berserker, the Gil from legend who wrestled Enkidu and the bull or whatever just didn't show up. there is no evidence whatsoever he has anything like that and mountains of evidence that he doesnt. You just dont hear about that because built up fanwank and because of a devil's proof argument that you cant prove its not there
    Except Saber didn't just straight up toss him across the street with her swings when they fought, he was strong enough to utterly destroy legendary swords swinging them against Shirou's, and it's specifically the biggest and most well known part of his legend.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I think he just enjoys beating up kings and gods more because it makes him feel better to prove his superiority as the greatest king and the greatest demigod. I have a lot of doubts he would actually enjoy it if he ran into that one servant who could seriously challenge him in a fight Nasu mentioned (assuming he wasnt trolling and it was actually Archer or something meta like that)

EDIT:
    Except Saber didn't just straight up toss him across the street with her swings when they fought, he was strong enough to utterly destroy legendary swords swinging them against Shirou's, and it's specifically the biggest and most well known part of his legend.
    their STR scores are equal, he is incompetent, not weak.
    Last edited by Tobias; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gil eh, he is a king and one absolute king at his era, his attitude is really fitting as a king. there's nothing wrong with that, that's my honest opinion.
    Under Construction

^^
    In truth, Archer was pleased.
    He was tired of how he would be invited till the end of time, repeatedly, to farces that were battles in name only. And now, he had finally obtained an opponent he could recognize as an 'enemy'.

A challenge from that Rider was worth using his full strength to gain supremacy.
    Sounds totally different from what you are talking about. How about we wait til Fate/Extra CCC and see what Nasu does there, k?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Gil eh, he is a king and one absolute king at his era, his attitude is really fitting as a king. there's nothing wrong with that, that's my honest opinion.

Oh no, I agree, Gil's attitude is perfect for both his back story and his charachter, it just also sharply limits his ability to react to an unfavorable situation since its not really within his thought process that a situation can be unfavorable at all. Thats why I use the accelorator analogy.

or maybe it would be better to say

PHENOMANAL COSMIC POWER

kind of a glass jaw

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    ^^

Sounds totally different from what you are talking about. How about we wait til Fate/Extra CCC and see what Nasu does there, k?
    whats that, from the Rider fight? dude, his full strength there was to stand back and use EA once, if he broke a sweat it would be because it was to hot that day. Hell, thats kind of what I am talking about, Gilgamesh sees an epic fight as one where he takes one swing with his sword.
    Last edited by Tobias; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Not to mention, when he found an equal match in life he ended up becoming best buds with the guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Its Gilgamesh, he looks down on nearly everyone, so I stand by the point.
    I maintain that he has a few iotas of respect for Lancer, based on him using the Ea version of his Grail Super on him in F/UC, as well as his win quote against him basically being "You did well for a dog. You lived an honorable life, so I will give you an honorable death."

edit: okay, I just checked, because I felt like I was misremembering something important from that win quote. "You did well for a worthless dog. You lived an honorable life. So an honorable death you receive."
    Last edited by Spinach; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    I actually heard that Gil got serious when he fought Lancer in fate because he was a demigod, no idea if thats true though.

anyway, I think I noted he preferred fighting demigods as well as kings, though, its worth noting, in Fate, Gil originally tried to beat Lancer by ambushing him. The only reason it didnt work is because Lancer picked the exact same moment to ambush Gil so they deflected each other.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I maintain that he has a few iotas of respect for Lancer, based on him using the Ea version of his Grail Super on him in F/UC, as well as his win quote against him basically being "You did well for a dog. You lived an honorable life, so I will give you an honorable death."

edit: okay, I just checked, because I felt like I was misremembering something important from that win quote. "You did well for a worthless dog. You lived an honorable life. So an honorable death you receive."
    He uses the Ea version of his Grail Super on anyone with Divinity (good divinity, E- was apparently shitty enough to not count).

Blog Entries
    I also remember that coming up. I believe it was during a Battle Continuation discussion, when people were sorting out the differences between Herakles' and Cu's BC. Something about Lancer lasting like half a day against Gil? Lol, Kotomine's basement must have been wrecked.

^ Which are just Herakles and Cu, which supports him having almost a bit of respect for them!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The fact that the fight lasted half a day means Gilgamesh was not serious.

He was probably so buttmad at Lancer's insolence, he decided to slowly chip him to death.

Blog Entries
    you know I didnt even realize that was food posting and not mcjon till I left the thread and saw he had the last response

Blog Entries
    The sig is the only giveaway for me. If you have those turned off I pity you.

Blog Entries
    I see looking at names has fallen out of vogue.

Blog Entries
    >Reading

hahhaa, what do you think I am, edjumacated?

Blog Entries
    Spin, you only butchered one word in that statement, and the rest of it has proper grammar. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT