Page 3 of 7876 FirstFirst 12345813531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    More accurate to say it has different degrees of output. At full power it splits heaven and earth, opens a rift in reality, all that jazz. Good against worlds and pocket dimensions (Reality Marbles).

But usually he doesn't need to do that, he just spins it up and blasts you into oblivion.
    what I said above, or this (lol)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    ninja'd me.

Blog Entries
    I will note that in zero that full use of EA's power was described as what signaled gilgamesh's status as a transcendent being, which is also what arcueid is described as

屍鬼 Ghoul
    How do reality marbles affect one another? I know they arent limited to large are of effect like Archers, but surely they have contradictory impulses?

What happens if two are manifested in the same space?

Blog Entries
    wasnt it something like they would both collapse?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Either the one with the most power in it wins, or the one with the strongest concept.

Pretty sure it was something like that, anyway.

To answer WizardOne's (now deleted) thread:

They are just blending into each other. Especially with simple Bounded Fields. There are many examples of more than one Bounded Field being active on an area.

Reality Marbles on the other hand are... much more risky. At least if you meant the UBW-like reality-rewriting bubble that temporally corrodes away the world to show Shirou's inner reality. If two such would collide then it's likely end very badly. For example both Reality marbles collapsing due to mutual assault from each other. Although if one of the casters possess extraordinary talents and skill then preserving the stronger Reality Marble might be possible.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @CG: Perfect explaining. lml
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Excellent, thanks very much, and yes, sorry about the thread, I noticed there was an actual questions thread a moment too late.

Trying to write my first fiction, and i'm coming across all sort of akward knowledge barriers, and I thought I knew a bit about the fandom too.
    Like, where does a Counter guardians prana come from once summoned by the world? Does he have a direct link to the world? Or does he have a set amount that he can burn through? Things like that.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The CGs' prana comes from humanity, not the world. Alaya, which is basically just humanity's combined subconscious, gives CGs as much prana as they need to cut off the threat. There's an upper limit, but that'd be like giving them the combined energy/mana of all of humanity.

CGs have a set limit, roughly 3000000000000 of prana, that is the ammount of prana they are given in order to accomplish their missions. Roughly the same ammount as that of Dark Sakura. Unlike with the CF of the world, they aren't provided with infinite prana.

Well, yeah. Counter Guardians have some sort of connection to Alaya. Probably similar but more advanced to what Servants and Masters share. By the way a Counter Guardian usually have 15 billion prana units at his/her disposal. Compare it to Rin's max capacity of 1000 (which is also Saber's actual ammount when weakened in FSN).If fought with really powerful adversary, you can expect them pumping that out nicely. Although that won't happen anytime soon.
    As for Alaya being Humanity's energy as a whole: Well, I theorize Alaya also share Earth's energy with Gaia.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Ah. Thanks. Well, thats... Akward. Humanity is noticably... lacking where I'm sending archer. I'll have to figure a workaround.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If it helps, Saber also made a contract with Alaya, meaning in some universes, she's a CG too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    CGs have a set limit, roughly 3000000000000 of prana, that is the ammount of prana they are given in order to accomplish their missions.
    OK, where do you get this from?

I'm pretty sure their prana supply is theoretically unlimited.

By the end of HF Sakura had a trillion of prana at her disposal. And I am sure it was stated somewhere that that amount was comparable to that of a Counter Guardian. But I can't find it in the game now. So I must have heard it somewhere else...

You should also note that just because a CG has a ridiculous amount of prana doesn't necessarily make them that powerful. Their maximum output still limits them. This is why Servants are generally considered superior to CGs, because their output is higher due to having Noble Phantasms.

And yeah, IIRC Dark Sakura = CG = 1 trillion units according to HF.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Knight of Rider's Avatar
    Durandal as a Broken Phantasm! What would happen?

Since one of Durandals abilities/miracles makes it litaraly indestructible you could overcharge it with prana without it breaking. So what does that mean for actual combat? Would the prana charge just increase its (penetrating) power, so that most weapons/armors that clash with it break? Would every impact with the sword cause a prana explosion that would threat the lives of the enemy and the wielder of Durandal?

Come to think of it, Durandal could be a damn powerful sword almost on the scale of Excalibur or at least Caliburn?!

Miracle #1: Get me Saber.

Miracle #2: Make her love me.

Miracle #3: Win the War.

Best weapon evar.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

All of the sources I've worked with put Sakura at about a trillion units of prana, Rin at about five-hundred (twenty times an average magus), and Saber with Shirou has between one-thousand two-hundred and one-thousand three-hundred units of prana at her disposal. Rin having a thousand units would be a bit extreme, really.