Page 46 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 364144454647485156961465461046 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    It's more like true teleportation is in the realm of magic, since it can be dine with time travel/operation of parallel universes, I think.

I thought we had decided that the 2nd didn't allow for travel in-universe, just the same spot between universes, which is why the Jewel Sword could only draw mana from the cavern.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The teleportation of Servants would have been True Magic if it was not just one trick (on Servant only).

EDIT:

The essence of True Magic seems "to be able to call up on the unreproducible phenomenon under all situations without limiting conditions".

Quote Originally Posted by Saradin View Post
    I thought we had decided that the 2nd didn't allow for travel in-universe, just the same spot between universes, which is why the Jewel Sword could only draw mana from the cavern.
    The copy that Rin was using was explicitly stated to be an incomplete hackjob, not capable of of anywhere near as much as the real deal. All it could do was look into and draw mana from other universes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ttestagr View Post
    The copy that Rin was using was explicitly stated to be an incomplete hackjob, not capable of of anywhere near as much as the real deal. All it could do was look into and draw mana from other universes.
    Erm, no. The sword itself was fine. The problem is Rin's knowledge of the magic, if anything.

Zelretch doesn't travel between dimensions using the sword, he does it regardless of the sword. The sword is just a tool he created to assist him with certain actions where he doesn't want to have to travel there himself, just like the Kaliedostick is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Not really...

Shirou thought he couldn't do it, but the GArm thought otherwise. It was just the wand of Zelretch, a magical focus for a magus, and it doesn't have too many powers.

I don't think it was said to be a hackjob, because Rin actually knows what it should look like and how it should work, and she didn't say "it sucks".

Can science replicate spatial distortions? If not, I think we found our Fourth Magic.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mass distorts space.

You are distorting space right now, just on a microscopic level.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    ...Too easy.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Yeah, noticed to late that setup.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Quote Originally Posted by Acht (F/Z Act 1 Part 2)
    ...this time we must acquire the Third Magic, the Golden Grail. [furigana: Heaven's Feel]
    Just curious, but do we know if the Third Magic's names here are interchangeable?

I still love how his name sounds like the German number eight, I wonder if this means he is the eighth head.

The Einzberns give their family heads serial numbers that is awesome.

Edit: I remember hearing somewhere that the Einzberns were Teutonic nobles, and then I could never find it again. Any idea where that came from?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Just curious, but do we know if the Third Magic's names here are interchangeable?
    It's probably just a one-time deal. The official name has always been "Chalice of Heaven/Materialisation of the Soul". The Engrish spelling has some variations, "Heaven's Feel", "Heavens Feel", "Heaven's Fall" etc.

EDIT:
    Hold that thought. It seems "Golden Grail/Golden Chalice" is the "nickname" of the Third, just like calling the Second "Zelretch" (although it is officially Operation of Parallel Worlds).

Nickname, got it. I usually call the Second "Kaleidoscope" myself, or at least applications of it, so that makes sense.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "Kaleidoscope" is Zelretch's nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I still love how his name sounds like the German number eight, I wonder if this means he is the eighth head.

He is incidentally the Eighth head, but Acht is a short hand of his name (which I don't know how to properly romanise), just like Ilya is to Illyasviel.
    Last edited by food; April 24th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I believe that it does actually mean that. However, I don't think Acht is his real name (IIRC it's something like Jubliacht), it's just a nickname.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bryn and the rest of the legendary people who worked on the Fate/Zero project romanised the name as Jubstacheit von Einsbern.

Ok cool, no comment on the Teuton business, cool cool.

So I was curious, if he is the eighth head that presumably means the others have died of what I can only assume is old age. This leads into another question I have, how much of the Einzbern family is composed of homunculi?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So I was curious, if he is the eighth head that presumably means the others have died of what I can only assume is old age.
    I think that that's a rather dangerous assumption....

This leads into another question I have, how much of the Einzbern family is composed of homunculi?
    I believe that he is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I think that that's a rather dangerous assumption....

I believe that he is one.
    Well I can't think of what else would kill them locked up in there own little world (infighting?) and homunculi normally will not die of old age, Ilya just be weird.