Page 500 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 40045049049549849950050150250551055060010001500 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

How does the 'gods/Divine Spirits cannot be summoned as Servants' thing work? Is it an 'aboslute rule' thing? Due to the Grail's inability to materialize them? Or simply a matter of logistics, ie inability of a Master to support one?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    How does the 'gods/Divine Spirits cannot be summoned as Servants' thing work? Is it an 'aboslute rule' thing? Due to the Grail's inability to materialize them? Or simply a matter of logistics, ie inability of a Master to support one?
    I think a bit of everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    I tend to hear the, if you could summon one why bother with the Grail argument.

I think a bigger issue is that unlike heroes gods have a tendency of not dieing and just fade back into elementals.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Not to mention that they apparently are on a different plane of existence. They might not even have a soul since they are elementals given form by human worship. And most importantly, most of them aren't even dead, they might have become regular elementals since people don't remember them anymore though.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure at least part of it is that the Holy Grail specifically interfaces with the throne of heroes. If there are no gods chillin' in the throne of heroes, no gods get summoned. Can't respond to the call if you never get it. Unless Hera is being bitchy and going through Herc's mail.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well hold on a minute: wouldn't that mean, technically, gods that specifically die in myths (ie. Ragnarok, in this case), would be able to be summoned? Considering the fact that there are a good number of Germanic Neopaganists in the world today, the Nordic gods also would still be "alive" in belief and not elementals.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Problem is, gods aren't human, they merely have a human form. They are natural phenomena at their core, and might not even have a soul (a human soul is even less likely).

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if the Norse gods (compared to ones like the Greeks) really were more like "Gods" or just really tough heroes. It could arguably go either way, since even Odin is never shown as being exceptionally miraculous, just a strong leader.

After all, ancient heroes were sometimes worshiped just as much as gods in some places, especially Greece.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Problem is, gods aren't human, they merely have a human form. They are natural phenomena at their core, and might not even have a soul (a human soul is even less likely).
    Well, what about Heracles, then? After all, he was half-God, and he got deified after his death by his father.

Blog Entries
    He used to be human/mortal though, so maybe that was why?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, what about Heracles, then? After all, he was half-God, and he got deified after his death by his father.
    Well upon his death he was split into two parts, one that became the god of strength and one that went down into Tartarus and talked with Odysseus. So maybe that is why?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Aren't the Norse Gods mortal? Loki and Heimdall kill each other, Odin gets eaten by Fenris. Thor succumbs to the midgard serpent's poison. They're not very force of nature-ish like Arcueid, they fight and act like ordinary men with extraordinary abilities.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Well upon his death he was split into two parts, one that became the god of strength and one that went down into Tartarus and talked with Odysseus. So maybe that is why?
    Eh, what?

Why would Heracles end up in Tartarus?

Blog Entries
    page 1000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    page 1000!
    Page ​200.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Page ​200.
    mine is cooler.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Page 10,000. One post per page master race. Well, almost.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Page 500 for me....

I think that "why Heracles wasn't summoned when divine spirits can't be" was answered a while back, wasn't it? Because the grail summons heroes in their prime, and Heracles wasn't really in his prime when he became a deity because he kind of died to get to that point, and I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    I think it was just he had legends of being human and god. wasnt he one of the people in the OHMYGODITDOESNTMAKEANYFUCKINGSENSEHEROESATREMADEUP BYTHEGRAIL part?

...actually, I think drinks did that one. wonder if he was just screwing around like with the saber thing. probably that.