Page 506 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 640645649650150450550650750851151655660610061506 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Well, Nasu wrote Notes before Tsukihime, so chances are he didn't think them into the story. They might not exist in the Notes world.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyrin View Post
    Black Keys can deal actual physical damage, they're super-effective against spirits, their concept makes them super-effective against DAs as well, they can immobilize a target if a Key hits their shadow, good Executors can make new Black Keys from Bible pages instead of hilts...

They seem to have pretty varied abilities for such low-tier Conceptual Weapons. Is that everything, or did I miss something(not counting the spells Ciel sticks on hers)?
    The Black Keys are conceptual weapons carrying the property of "purification", in other words, "Baptism Rite in a blade". It works on whatever Baptism Rite works on.

The "shadow pinning", "immolation", "sky burial" and other modifications Ciel applied onto the Black Keys are all remnants of Roa's knowledge and highly blasphemous.

They are not as versatile as you think. They are crappy, cumbersome weapons that few in the Church favours. The reason Ciel seems to crush opponents with Black Keys is that, she is strong physically, she loves projectile weapons, and she does not fear to use magic (unlike the other members of the Church).

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Oh, I thought the shadow-pinning was an inherent ability, not one of Ciel's enchantments.

Alright, thanks, food.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also physical damage of Black Keys are probably pretty bad, because their unwieldy nature.

Ciel was able to nuke Arc from one side of the park to the other with Keys, because she was taught a taijutsu by the Burial Agency called "Armour Effect".

Without the Burial Agency's secret throwing technique, regular key-toss is probably very, very lame.

Basically, Keys are lame, Ciel is awesome. Ciel makes Keys look good, just like an expert martial artist can make a butter knife seem o-so-deadly.

Blog Entries
    Armour effect? Don't know if I have heard that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    鉄甲作用(技能)
     シエルが黒鍵に付加する作用。ヒットした対象を吹き飛ばす。魔術作用ではなく埋葬機関に伝わる投擲技法。 アルクェイド・ブリュンスタッドにいたっては公園の端から端までゴロゴロと吹き飛んだ。

Now you just did.

It is a secret taijutsu of the Burial Agency, applied by Ciel to her Key-toss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Ciel was able to nuke Arc from one side of the park to the other with Keys, because she was taught a taijutsu by the Burial Agency called "Armour Effect".

Without the Burial Agency's secret throwing technique, regular key-toss is probably very, very lame.
    Wait, is that what that is? I remember reading on Fuyuki a long time ago that Black Keys can penetrate concrete walls due to the Iron Plate Effect, but there wasn't any elaboration so it was kind of confusing. I think I ended up thinking it was some weird physical law Nasu had made up.

So it's a throwing technique, eh?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Kotomine will fight with Black Keys, and I don't really see him doing terrible with them...

Then again, it's Kotomine, so that's probably why he doesn't suck.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Wait, is that what that is? I remember reading on Fuyuki a long time ago that Black Keys can penetrate concrete walls due to the Iron Plate Effect, but there wasn't any elaboration so it was kind of confusing. I think I ended up thinking it was some weird physical law Nasu had made up.

So it's a throwing technique, eh?
    Yup. Iron Plate Effect, Armour Effect, same thing.

It is a taijutsu, which Arc misinterpreted as some sort of Reinforcement.

It is a testament of the discipline of the Burial Agency, and Ciel's physical prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrin View Post
    Kotomine will fight with Black Keys, and I don't really see him doing terrible with them...

Then again, it's Kotomine, so that's probably why he doesn't suck with them.
    Kotomine was defending most of the time, and his key-toss hit not because it was fast, it was because he tanked Delusional Heartbeat and used the gap to slow-toss.

In all of the Nasuverse how many people actually have their origin's "unlocked"

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HitokiriNanaya View Post
    Araya, and Lio are the only ones who have fully awakened origins, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HitokiriNanaya View Post
    A lot?

It is implied the "gaining memories of past lives" of high monks and spiritualists are really "awakening their Origin".

EDIT:

Touko explained that to awake one's Origin, one must become aware of it. Self-awareness of one's Origin is paramount.

Even with "Origin awakening sorcery", one cannot awaken his Origin without some degree of self-awareness.

You can do it yourself and awaken your Origin all the way, if you try really really hard.
    Last edited by food; September 10th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What would that even do?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    What would that even do?
    Your Origin drives you. Even if you are not aware of your Origin, it still "leaks out" and cause your life to gravitate towards a certain direction as dictated by your Origin. Like if your Origin is "to stay at home", you become really fond of staying at home.

Once your Origin is awakened, the impulse of the Origin is fully unleashed, the personality you established over your short life becomes completely overwhelmed by the impulse of your Origin (which is accumulated over many, many life times).

Use the "to stay at home" Origin as an example, once you awaken the Origin of "to stay at home", you literally cannot leave your house.

fucking hikikomori Origin

must suck

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's not too bad.

You know, if you think about it, Azaka would be one hell of a scourge if her Origin is awakened.

She would run around doing drugs, raping, killing, torturing, punting babies and breaking every law there is.

You wonder why Araya didn't pick her over all the other weak-sauce candidates.

Blog Entries
    That would probably suck for Shirou and his nonsensical origin, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What about Rin and her Imaginary Element Origin?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, when was it said that was her origin again?

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    CM2 tags her as the overseer of Fuyuki with an origin that's one of the imaginary elements, I think.