Page 50 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 4045484950515255601001505501050 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Do we know if this means that he can defeat Ciel in combat a few times, or if it means that he can truly kill her (Ciel pre-Roa's death)?
    He said Kotomine would win.

I would think that means at least he would incapacitate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well, Leysritt is two years old as of Hollow. So she can't be Illya's prototype.

I'm guessing "sample" refers to the whole "Leysritt is a part of Illya" thing or something?
    I think I get this now. The text said Liz was "built" as a sample of Ilya, while it says Sella was "born".

Probably the ether blob know as Liz existed long before Ilya, as a trial run for a Minor Grail (Ilya). After Ilya was born, the blob was given sentience, and made into Liz.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Do we know if this means that he can defeat Ciel in combat a few times, or if it means that he can truly kill her (Ciel pre-Roa's death)?
    Its probably talking about after roa!paradox. otherwise ciel would just keep getting back up till the boost ended and kirei would lose
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

You know, winning a fight, and actually killing somebody are different.

Well regardless, it doesn't matter. Either way, Kotomine would 'win', but if it's Roa!paradox, Ciel resurrects and eventually wears him down, but if it's after she just dies. However, either way Kotomine 'won' the first fight.

Think of it like Gae Bolg and Arcueid
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hero Kotomine's victory is accounting for Ciel's full immortality and special bloodline. Nasu said normally these factors will cause Ciel to completely dominate Kotomine, but Hero Kotomine will win despite all the advantage Ciel has over him.

Which is why I said Hero Kotomine would faceroll Ciel, because he can actually win against an immortal opponent who just heal through normal damage. (Probably beat Ciel up so bad, it takes her a good amount of time to recover.)

EDIT:
    It is the same principle as Ciel must fight defensively against a Servant. Servants can't kill her, but they sure can blast her until she can't get up, thus win.
    Last edited by food; April 25th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    He said Kotomine would win.

I would think that means at least he would incapacitate her.
    Are you sure? Because the translation from CM2 that arai posted on the old BL doesn't say that he will win. See,

Kotomine and Ciel
    Ciel is overwhelmingly stronger than older Kotomine, but the Zero Kotomine that was kicking ass with Command Spells could take on Ciel.
    It says that he can take on her, it doesn't say that he would win. He might win or he might not, we don't really know.

So I'm guessing it would be like what Roa did in her route, nailing her to the floor with all those swords.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    It says that he can take on her, it doesn't say that he would win. He might win or he might not, we don't really know.
    this is closer to the translations I had always heard of, but its not like we can actually see the original text. my guess, either somebody rushed it then, or drinks flubbed it now.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Except that, it says he would win. So we do know.

And I don't think it's too particularly hard to incapacitate someone while they're dead. Just strip her naked and throw her corpse in a concrete box or something before she revives, I dunno. Might have to kill her a few times while she's in the process of healing to get it done, but no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    or drinks flubbed it now.
    Nope. And it's from an interview portion, so no "Nasu didn't write the CM books" loopholes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I stand behind my translation.

It says "the Kotomine at that time (4th War) will even triumph over Ciel".

The specific word is "勝て", which is specifically "triumph, victory".

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Except that, it says he would win. So we do know.

And I don't think it's too particularly hard to incapacitate someone while they're dead. Just strip her naked and throw her corpse in a concrete box or something before she revives, I dunno. Might have to kill her a few times while she's in the process of healing to get it done, but no biggie.

Nope. And it's from an interview portion, so no "Nasu didn't write the CM books" loopholes.
    Alright, good, someone who speaks moon rune backs me up.

EDIT:
    @Dartz,

That wasn't arai's translation, that was his "quick-and-dirty-telling-you-guys-what's-going-on-summary".
    The actual interview goes on for half a page.
    Last edited by food; April 25th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.

EDIT:
    It is the same principle as Ciel must fight defensively against a Servant. Servants can't kill her, but they sure can blast her until she can't get up, thus win.
    Her regeneration is pretty powerful. She regenerated in a few minutes after getting torn to pieces by Arcueid in unrestricted mode, which is unarguably stronger than any Servant. Unless they deal unhealable damage, she'll regenerate in a few minutes.

I stand behind my translation.

It says "the Kotomine at that time (4th War) will even triumph over Ciel".

The specific word is "勝て", which is specifically "triumph, victory".
    Ah ok.
    Last edited by Dartz; April 25th, 2011 at 07:21 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I get this now. The text said Liz was "built" as a sample of Ilya, while it says Sella was "born".

Probably the ether blob know as Liz existed long before Ilya, as a trial run for a Minor Grail (Ilya). After Ilya was born, the blob was given sentience, and made into Liz.
    I dunno. HA still says Leysritt was created to be Illya's Mystic Code and is "literally" a part of Illya. Seems like that's something they'd have to plan in advance instead of a Plan B.

Blog Entries
    question, if 10 command spells take any shmuch to servant level, how many did he use?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    question, if 10 command spells take any shmuch to servant level, how many did he use?
    He didn't use all the command spells he got against Kiritsugu, because he supposed to have 10 left to fight True Assassin in the first script. Nasu planned to have him unleash 10 command spells against True Assassin, but didn't get a chance, because apparently his excuse was "True Assassin was not reliable (and got pwn'd before the awesomeness would happen)".

Blog Entries
    I know, I was trying to define "hero" kotomine. is that the one that fought kiritsugu, or a theoretical one that burned everything at once and immediately leaped into mid servant tier.

well, anyways, hang with me, I am gonna take this new information and throw out a few questions/thoughts.

first off, lets clarify if possible, does a human refer to like a really good human, in otherwords, kirei? or if I used 10 command spells, I would suddenly become servant tier.

and, on that note, servant level enemies tend to have effects on the level of noble phantasm, aoko has her magic, kouma has his demon blood, but I gather that boost refers to raw stats, so, to compensate, are those stats even higher then that of a theoretical "average" servant?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    He didn't use all the command spells he got against Kiritsugu, because he supposed to have 10 left to fight True Assassin in the first script. Nasu planned to have him unleash 10 command spells against True Assassin, but didn't get a chance, because apparently his excuse was "True Assassin was not reliable (and got pwn'd before the awesomeness would happen)".
    Didn't he use them to heal Sakura in HF?

Certainly that's the only logical interpretation I can think of for a crest which gets used up, especially since his father was not a magus and, thus, did not possess a crest of his own.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know, I was trying to define "hero" kotomine. is that the one that fought kiritsugu, or a theoretical one that burned everything at once and immediately leaped into mid servant tier.

well, anyways, hang with me, I am gonna take this new information and throw out a few questions/thoughts.

first off, lets clarify if possible, does a human refer to like a really good human, in otherwords, kirei? or if I used 10 command spells, I would suddenly become servant tier.

and, on that note, servant level enemies tend to have effects on the level of noble phantasm, aoko has her magic, kouma has his demon blood, but I gather that boost refers to raw stats, so, to compensate, are those stats even higher then that of a theoretical "average" servant?

OK, "Hero Kotomine" is the Kotomine standing before Kiritsugu in Zero before the duel. Basically, if you give Kiritsugu ALL of Ciel's abilities, Hero Kotomine will faceroll him.

The 10 command spells statement is a generic statement, so it's like, "for someone living today to be able to dent a Servant, he needs 10 command spell-worth of power". If you want to chew words, it says human, as in generic human, not superman or magi.

The command spell in this case, in my opinion, refers to miracles. Like say, you cast reinforce LVL 1 with the command spell, you suddenly got Medea-level godly enchant instead of reinforcement LVL1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I dunno. HA still says Leysritt was created to be Illya's Mystic Code and is "literally" a part of Illya. Seems like that's something they'd have to plan in advance instead of a Plan B.
    The Profile in CM2 says Liz was the Grail, but failed. The Dress of Heaven part is probably her duty as a failure, in order to capitalise on her Grail properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post

Certainly that's the only logical interpretation I can think of for a crest which gets used up, especially since his father was not a magus and, thus, did not possess a crest of his own.
    The obvious implication seems to be that never happened or happened differently in the first script, since he has 1 (or 2? can't remember exactly) command spell mentioned amongst his equipment.

@Tobias
    He is already scraping Servant level as an old dude in Fate/Stay Night so no you would probably just tear your body to shreds.

And wow it really says it overcomes her Immortality and magus bloodline, amazing.

Edit: never mind it seems food has his own ideas so I guess that explains how Kotomine could melt TA's face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post

I think? Probably Nasu just reworked the "Heal Sakura" scene so that it required the seals instead Kotomine's hax skills being sufficient, after he realized that the awesome TA finale fight wouldn't actually be that awesome on account of TA being such a wimpy Servant. Or added it in outright as an excuse to burn the seals, as opposed to just having some kind of Angra Mainyu wackiness resolve everything.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Profile in CM2 says Liz was the Grail, but failed.
    I noticed that.

I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO BELIEEEEEVE

Blog Entries
    I wonder how many command spells kirei used then to reach "hero" level. or rather, how much strengthening was required to create "hero" kotomine. he had 10 left over for a theoretical fight for assassin, do we have a number on what he started with?