Page 5762 of 6963 FirstFirst ... 47625262566257125752575757605761576257635764576757725812586262626762 ... LastLast
Results 115,221 to 115,240 of 139242

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    "The polluted mirror world. The bridge was its boundary since long ago, and a stairway that isolated the present world from the realm of the dead. Also, this was the river which was tainted ten years ago when the evil otherworldly god was summoned. Caster took advantage of this, completely shifting the plane to invite her targets in. [Nasu]"

- - - Updated - - -

tl;dr there was a rift here already, Caster just manipulated it to trap Shirou and co.
    I think the first part is referencing the Chinvat bridge from Zoroastrianism, not the Fuyuki bridge specifically.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    hacking into the gilles, mang
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Given that the Mages Association is less an organization within the overall Muggle society, rather than their own independent society, they theoretically have their own laws for everything, right? Obviously, if they break Muggle law, they are responsible for cleaning up or covering it up. Something along the lines of Bluebeard's actions is bad for all parties.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

They have only one: The Law of the Jungle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Basically what you have to understand is that magic people can't just go around breaking laws willy nilly on account of modern human civilization being far and away the dominant power on earth, and you can't just politely decline to participate since it's strong enough to do whatever it wants regardless of your personal feelings on the matter. Same way the mage association asserts its authority over mages, really. That's half the point of all the secrecy, since if society was actually aware of them it could snuff them out pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I do not share your "use superpowers to defeat the cops trying to prosecute me for child molestation" fantasy Loli Vamp Lover
    Next question.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    It's more like a guild than an independent society actually, sorry to burst your bubble.

Blog Entries
    It's more like a guild than an independent society actually, sorry to burst your bubble.
    It does not seem to interact with the overall society, like you'd expect from most RPG guilds, though, like how, in most RPGs, Mages Guilds are legally recognized by the overall mostly Muggle society.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    They used to do that but now they're all NEETs.

Blog Entries
    Regardless of what they were back then, nowadays, they are not legally recognized, right, like how the DHO used to be regarded as heroes, but the ones who continue to do work nowadays are just specialized assassins?
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    But yeah, they only have rules about magic because they're a magical trade union and it's not their job to legislate gay marriage and shit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    It does not seem to interact with the overall society, like you'd expect from most RPG guilds, though, like how, in most RPGs, Mages Guilds are legally recognized by the overall mostly Muggle society.
    I'm aware that you have to relate literally everything to anime and videogames, but it shouldn't escape your notice that guilds in RPGs were based on an existing concept from what we call "reality".
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Regardless of what they were back then, nowadays, they are not legally recognized, right, like how the DHO used to be regarded as heroes, but the ones who continue to do work nowadays are just specialized assassins?
    They're s e c r e t so why on earth would they be legally recognized in the explicit form of 'Mages' Association'?

Blog Entries
    It's not a transnational shadow state or anything like that, just a secret society. Like freemasons.

It's not a transnational shadow state or anything like that, just a secret society. Like freemasons.
    Freemasons are pretty un-secret, as it is. Their rituals, however, are shrouded in mystère.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I'm aware that you have to relate literally everything to anime and videogames, but it shouldn't escape your notice that guilds in RPGs were based on an existing concept from what we call "reality".
    Pretty sure that most RL trade guilds are not secret and are beholden to most RL tax laws.
    Spoiler:

Living Dead Girl
    They're like the OTO fucked the Society for Creative Anachronism, basically
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    and here we come across a curious instance of a prosaic carmen figuratum expressed on multiple semantic strata wherein the increase both of literary temperature as noted by the laterally expanding index and the cognitive fervour rendered in monolithic paragraphs crystallises a sense of spiralling delirium which textually imaged akin to sound waves on a vertical axis could be visually rendered as a sequence of high-energy sustained primal screams emanating thusly the following sentiment: "fuuuuck ooooooff graaand oooordeeer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Blog Entries
    The true threat to the Association isn't Solomon, it's getting taken down for a millennia of tax evasion.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    It's not a transnational shadow state or anything like that
    well, the Church tries its best.

Nixon supporters were right

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Freemasons are pretty un-secret, as it is. Their rituals, however, are shrouded in mystère.
    I donated blood to the Red Cross at a masonic lodge over the summer.

my mana probably got used in a ritual somewhere

Blog Entries
    Given that the Mages Association is less an organization within the overall Muggle society, rather than their own independent society, they theoretically have their own laws for everything, right? Obviously, if they break Muggle law, they are responsible for cleaning up or covering it up. Something along the lines of Bluebeard's actions is bad for all parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Oh good we're talking about this again. If you'll excuse me, I have to go ram my face into a food processor.
    Bit late, but I had to revoice my mutilatey opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    so she’s ugly boring and bad truly a triple threat your fav could never