Page 6255 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 52555755615562056245625062536254625562566257626062656305635567557255 ... LastLast
Results 125,081 to 125,100 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Is there anything specific mentioned about Qi in the Nasuverse? I was able to find Li Shuwen's info on his Bajiquan, and that's it. I even searched the F/EXTRA material, and there was nothing on it.
    Qi is Ki which Rin tried to detect with a mental interference trap in Extra, that's all I know
    Or not, I forget all the specifics of Snooze-lian's week in Extra

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Maybe Nasu has decided to finally have EMIYA join Tamano and Nero as extra servants that are potential beasts.
    As what: the Beast that kills Beasts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Is there anything specific mentioned about Qi in the Nasuverse? I was able to find Li Shuwen's info on his Bajiquan, and that's it. I even searched the F/EXTRA material, and there was nothing on it.
    I've always wondered what the deal with qi is, like falla said it's just another name for mana but I doubt that, why not just call it that mana, and why didnt the magecraft trap work on him then?
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    I've always wondered what the deal with qi is, like falla said it's just another name for mana but I doubt that, why not just call it that mana, and why didnt the magecraft trap work on him then?
    I guess it's possible that it involves using magical energy, just not to cast spells? Since the magic trap was specifically supposed to detect magecraft, and just magical energy alone might not have been enough to trigger it. But I don't really think they're the same thing, either.

I guess it's possible that it involves using magical energy, just not to cast spells? Since the magic trap was specifically supposed to detect magecraft, and just magical energy alone might not have been enough to trigger it. But I don't really think they're the same thing, either.
    Yeah but I feel like anything besides some very basic magic control would count under the magecraft area. since it was trying to detect his sphere boundary IIRC? need to replay.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i swear ive read somewhere that Qi is life force aka Od and not magical energy/prana/whathaveyou and thats why taiseishin trap works on sphere boundary but not taimaryoku one

but I dont remember where i read that and most likely its just someone headcanon
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    i swear ive read somewhere that Qi is life force aka Od and not magical energy/prana/whathaveyou and thats why taiseishin trap works on sphere boundary but not taimaryoku one

but I dont remember where i read that and most likely its just someone headcanon
    whats the difference anyway? all I can recall is that lifeforce is like prana before its turned into mana or something, why have so many terms..

Blog Entries
    human life force is od

planet life force is mana

processed by Circuit, it becomes maryoku

Also martial artist aint necessarily mages who have circtuit, yet they manipulate qi just fine. One reason why i dont think qi = magical energy. Unless their breathing & walking is like super perfect that it acts as a circuit in and of itself.

But thats just my headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    why have so many terms..
    \

a robust system need proper classifications

i know that Sanderson's stormlight have about the same if not more names
    Last edited by castor212; June 18th, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

Think it was human life force, and because it not being the 'normal' magecraft (or whatever term you like) is why no one in Extra could handle it with their own magecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Think it was human life force, and because it not being the 'normal' magecraft (or whatever term you like) is why no one in Extra could handle it with their own magecraft.
    Yeah I could see that, I actually wouldn't mind that as it gives the normies more power.

Though on another note, I saw a stupid claim on another website that the reason Ea couldn't be traced was cause of the DRM instead of it being alien to shirou, I need a specific quote to disprove them as they called it headcanon on BL
    Last edited by Ereus; June 18th, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    theyre actually right

- - - Updated - - -

あらゆる宝具の原点をもつギルガメッシュだが、他の英雄がもち得る他の宝具とは違い、乖離剣エアだけは彼の みがもち得る唯一無二の存在。そのため、「無限の剣製(アンリミテッドブレイドワークス)」でも複製することはできない。

Though it is wielded by Gilgamesh, who has the prototypes of every Noble Phantasm, the Sword of Rupture Ea is different from the other Noble Phantasms that can be possessed by other heroes. It alone is a completely unique existence that can only be possessed by Gilgamesh. Therefore, even with Unlimited Blade Works, it is impossible to reproduce it.

Interesting. So less crazy alien materials, more THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
    Ancient Mesopotamian super DRM, to be exact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    now that i think about, martial art is technically speaking just sortofmagecraft with od as opposed to normal magecraft with maryoku
    Last edited by castor212; June 18th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    that's not what prana is

processed by Circuit, it becomes magical energy/prana
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    that's not what prana is
    While on the topic, is there any actual use of the word "prana" by Nasu (or whatever other TM author) directly, as opposed to translations? Because I've kinda always seen prana as referring to "life force" (as in the literal meaning of the word).

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rani uses the word "prana" in CCC once but just in reference to life force, not magical energy. In reference to magical energy it's just a fan term.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    that's not what prana is
    should i have said magical energy instead and stick with it

- - - Updated - - -

nvm ill just maryoku
    Last edited by castor212; June 18th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Rani uses the word "prana" in CCC once but just in reference to life force, not magical energy. In reference to magical energy it's just a fan term.
    I thought it was 精力 iirc

- - - Updated - - -

Blog Entries
    mashu's shield is literally a relic piece of Round Table fashioned to a shield right

can it go spiritual body, or mashu is just bringing it around physically when she isnt on henshin form

US Friend Code
    From what I saw in First Order, yes the shield would probably does go into spirit form. Though it does stay corporeal when it owner dies.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    hmm but that would mean an actual physical object capable of turning spiritual, kinda weird

its not like its avalon which was made by spiritual beings to begin with, it's a wooden table at the beginning

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hmm but that would mean an actual physical object capable of turning spiritual, kinda weird

its not like its avalon which was made by spiritual beings to begin with, it's a wooden table at the beginning
    Not that weird. If Saber puts on a shirt and dematerializes, is she going to leave a still-visible shirt hanging in the air?