Page 6433 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 54335933633363836423642864316432643364346435643864436483653369337433 ... LastLast
Results 128,641 to 128,660 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Also creepy Perseus.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Fragments is basically all we have of Proto besides the OVA and the one or two chapters of Fragments that flash forward to Ayaka getting NTR'd by a racist with terrible fashion sense.
    And haircut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Also creepy Perseus.
    That scene was made way more creepy than it needed to be due to Ayaka being a bad conversationalist.

Tbf to Apo i actually enjoyed a lot of moments in it. It just that it run out of steam and after that it's just a train wreck waiting to happen.

Higashide is shit at handling a big cast, he doesn't do well when there are so many characters, yet he keeps trying to make it work. America is the same for me, he tried to include all these big names only to off them after like 2 scenes and in some of the most idiotic fashion, and yet he keep making random characters appear in random place because he think it's cool that way.

Some of the stuffs he write and some of the character development he write are cool, which is why it's a shame to see he keep doing this shit.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the fragments translation is the opposite of the Kara no Kyoukai translation.
    i got whooshed, explain plx

- - - Updated - - -

i actually think higa wrote cool battle scene better than sakurai, so apo has that going over fragment. apo is easier to put your head around too
    fragment was, how do i put this, kinda too literature-y to read. not that its a bad thing in itself but it really made it hard to read

but then again i had massive headache and totaly drained reading what was untranslated of apo raws
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    KnK's problem as I understand it is that the translation is pretty much OC donut steel so I assume the opposite means "painfully literal"

The best part about using "Knk translation" as a comparison is that there were both a painfully literal one and a OC rewrite so the comparison means anything you want it to mean
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Labyrinth is just plainly bad

I don't dislike neither Apo nor Fragments. I think they are decent enough, but no more than that
    They do have some (different) large problems imho
    Apo is too plain and the descriptions are too long
    If you make a list of everything that happens it sounds like it should be awesome or at least ridiculously fun but it just... isn't
    On the other hand I like Fragments writing style, but couldn't really connect but any of the characters or anything at all actually
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnLap View Post
    The best part about using "Knk translation" as a comparison is that there were both a painfully literal one and a OC rewrite so the comparison means anything you want it to mean
    For instance, it could also mean the translator got about a quarter of the way through then quit, forever.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Going back to the Knight of Owner/Knight of Honor discussions we've had before, I came across this response in favor of Knight of Honor. Would anyone more familiar with whatever sources go into detail about Lancelot and this ability mind pointing out whatever flaws it might have? I want to say that what he has described is Lancelot's ability to fight well with any weapon he can get his hands on, as if it were his own, thus Knight of Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadell13
    The direct origin of the NP is likely Lancelot's representation in Chapter 3 of Malory's Le Morte de Arthur, specifically the tale of Lancelot fighting Phelot with a tree branch. There's no element of ownership. The tree branch is the only thing that was near (Lancelot having been conned into climbing a tree so he wouldn't have his sword before being ambushed) and it's never mentioned again. In the same chapter, Lancelot fights a small army of knights, losing his own lance in the process, and picks up another at random from the battlefield to keep murdering people. He's doing this because he owes a debt to the daughter of King Bagedemagus, repaying a debt of honor and, in return, winning glory when the sotry's eventually recounted. He doesn't 'steal' or take ownership of the lance, he just grabs whatever's around so he can keep murdering people (and keep almost murdering King Arthur's knights who are in the same tournament on another side). No 'ownership' involved. He basically just keeps breaking his shit (spears rather than swords usually) and grabbing anything around to keep fighting people.

In contrast, the entire section is basically Lancelot being a badass and winning glory (or, you might say, winning honor) before returning to King Arthur's court. The concluding line, depending on translation, literally calls him "the most honoured of all men" (quoted from JTK, 1862).

So the NP drawn from the myth of becoming the most honored man in the kingdom totally makes sense as Knight of Honor and doesn't as the rather painfully phrased Knight of Owner (actually owning your own weapons and taking care of your gear is a big deal, but the repeating throughout the section is Lancelot losing or breaking the weapons he actually owns and being forced to improvise, to the point that he's a bit surprised when he manages to get through a series of fights without breaking his spear. Treating weapons as disposable has little sense of ownership, and even stealing someone else's shit to fight as he does with Gil in Zero is basically the exact opposite of owning things)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

*paging castor*
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    A response in the favor of Owner: Japan says so.

Also in favor: While the Malory things are true, that's only half the tale. The other half is in-universe, where the given reason emphasizes that its all about "granting the attribute of 'your personal noble phantasm' to the weapon in hand."

Like yeah, there's no element of ownership in the original story. But there's no element of "original hero" to Gil's actual story, or of "wrecking fortresses with light beam" to Arthur either.

Blog Entries
    tell him thats real life lore

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A response in the favor of Owner: Japan says so.

Also in favor: While the Malory things are true, that's only half the tale. The other half is in-universe, where the given reason emphasizes that its all about "granting the attribute of 'your personal noble phantasm' to the weapon in hand."

Like yeah, there's no element of ownership in the original story. But there's no element of "original hero" to Gil's actual story, or of "wrecking fortresses with light beam" to Arthur either.
    Is that what's explained in Zero, the Zero Mats entry on this, or the in-game text for it in GO? Just asking so I know where to actually direct this person to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause if it's Zero, I don't have the original JP text on hand, and not sure if the english translation was ever much improved over what cokesato mostly put out. I know that there's an official translation of it, but I've never read it.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    You don't have to trust mcjon, but you should trust ubisoft

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Cause if it's Zero
    what cokesato mostly put out
    Wot
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    Is that what's explained in Zero, the Zero Mats entry on this, or the in-game text for it in GO? Just asking so I know where to actually direct this person to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause if it's Zero, I don't have the original JP text on hand, and not sure if the english translation was ever much improved over what cokesato mostly put out. I know that there's an official translation of it, but I've never read it.
    wait zero wasnt translated by cakesakto

anways maybe this could help
    ナイト・オブ・オーナー
    騎士は徒手にて死せずランク:A++
    種別:対人宝具
    レンジ:1
    最大捕捉:30人
    ————手にした武器に自らの宝具としての属性を与え、駆使する。
    どんな武器、兵器であろうともランスロットが手にした時点でDランク相当の宝具となり、元からそれ以上のラ ンクに位置する宝具であれば、従来のランクのままランスロットの支配下に置かれる。
    フェロットの策に鎮められて丸腰のまま戦う羽目になったとき、楡の木の枝でフェロットを倒したエピソードの 具現。
    bolded part is what arashi said
    Last edited by castor212; October 4th, 2017 at 11:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    all three?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    This was a replay of the miracle of the first attack. Berserker just took the first halberd that came at him with his left hand, then swung left and right the sword in his right hand, repelling every single one of the following Noble Phantasms away.

Such a technique was subtle and flawless. There was grandeur in it. Even with a Noble Phantasm snatched from Archer, the handling wasn't poor by a bit. He was swinging them around freely, like extensions of his arms; it simply looked like a demonstration of his polished skills with the favourite weapons he had specialized in for years.

Lancer and Rider, watching closely, reached the same conclusion.

"... So that's it. When Blacky takes something, it becomes his Noble Phantasm."

Rider growled in admiration. The Noble Phantasm of a Heroic Spirit doesn't need to manifest through a characteristic object. Sometime, it can be a type of Noble Phantasm that manifests through a "unique ability" retained by the Servant's very body. This is exactly the case for Berserker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero profile
    ————手にした武器に自らの宝具としての属性を与え、駆使する。
    Quote Originally Posted by GO profile
    手にしたものに「自分の宝具」として属性を与え扱う宝具能力。どんな武器、どのような兵器であろうともDラ ンク相当の擬似宝具となる。
    "A Noble Phantasm ability that bestows the property 'one's own Noble Phantasm' to anything he holds."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    Wot
    Sorry, mixing that up with the KnK translation discussion from before. Wonder if I have a scanned copy of the official release then, as nothing immediately is saying Translated by [Insert Name Here].

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's also the fact that it's not called ナイト・オブ・オナー

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, mixing that up with the KnK translation discussion from before. Wonder if I have a scanned copy of the official release then, as nothing immediately is saying Translated by [Insert Name Here].
    Pretty sure FZ didn't have an official translation.

Blog Entries
    KnK have official translation?

- - - Updated - - -

oh wait

lol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    all three?
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    There's also the fact that it's not called ナイト・オブ・オナー
    That was one of the few things I mentioned.

Pretty sure FZ didn't have an official translation.
    Ah, my mistake. Think I confused the cover I saw for one of the LN covers, but Barnes and Noble has it listed as a manga.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fat...i/1122683360#/