Page 6439 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 54395939633963896429643464376438643964406441644464496489653969397439 ... LastLast
Results 128,761 to 128,780 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

不死 Undead
    Can Avalon negate Medusa's Mystic Eyes?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levnekov View Post
    Can Avalon negate Medusa's Mystic Eyes?
    Avalon negates everything, it's the ultimate cheat.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Avalon negates everything, it's the ultimate cheat.
    Like, does it stop it completely from being able to begin to petrify the wielder?

Sorry if this sounds kinda stupid

Blog Entries
    Avalon shields you, effectively, in your own little pocket dimension. Not being in the same dimension as the Mystic Eyes seem likely to be an effective counter to them.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Avalon shields you, effectively, in your own little pocket dimension. Not being in the same dimension as the Mystic Eyes seem likely to be an effective counter to them.
    Ah, thanks.

US Friend Code
    You know considering, would Vlad's Kazikli Bey still work on Artoria as long as he hit her before Avalon activated?

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Answer unclear, ask again later.

I wouldn't be surprised if disappearing off to Avalon removed the foundation of the curse and thereby dissipated it, or something.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i think if avalon can block parallel world stuff
    and dimension stuff
    then "YOU ARE MAH DOMAIN" scratch shouldn't be an issue

a more interesting question would be if you can still hit hippogriff after scratching him when he jumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    I have many questions that remain unclear sadly, sometimes this just make wish I had a friend in TM so I can perfect my headcanon.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    i think if avalon can block parallel world stuff
    and dimension stuff
    then "YOU ARE MAH DOMAIN" scratch shouldn't be an issue

a more interesting question would be if you can still hit hippogriff after scratching him when he jumps.
    But she is bringing that "domain" with her into her isolated pocket. From what it describes, doesn't it block parallel world and dimension attacks that are outside Avalon's dimension? If it's already inside, then it shouldn't be able to protect her.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    "Hey Hanging Gardens. I know you have your own territory that has only shown an effect on the Impaler's outer stakes, but I believe my man Vlad III can still enact his Skewered effect upon the enemy he strikes. Thanks for listening!"

Unfortunately, since this effect was never tested outside of Vlad's territory, we can't discern if this ability is just something he possesses regardless of territory for as long as he lands a strike with his own spear, or if it is dependent on him and/or his opponent being in his territory. As I couldn't find any description of this ability dependent on his own territory, and its more like the act of creating a new territory in a sense, I believe it can still work regardless of which territory he is on. So if Avalon brings Artoria inside, it won't change the fact that "she is in a state of being skewered while being brought inside Avalon's territory."

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Karna was hit before they fought in the Hanging Gardens and Vlad still couldn't do shit to him anymore.

“These Hanging Gardens are the domain ruled by our camp’s Assassin. It’s not your territory. In other words—as long as you are within these gardens, you aren’t the great patriotic hero who saved his country.”

Assassin of Red’s Noble Phantasm, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, was a fortress Noble Phantasm that ruled a defined domain. To put it another way, that place wasn’t Romania where Vlad III was revered as a hero. Accordingly, the level of his fame became equal to zero.
    I'm pretty sure if Karna without the benefit of it being "his" domain that is countering the curse works, then Avalon being most definitely a Saber-aligned place will.

I mean, even the just-healing version is supposed to counter Gae Bolg's curse, so full on I'm-not-even-here is going to be more powerful.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    In your example above, I think it depends if that effect wears off after the stakes manifested per each number of hit. Karna was hit three times, then three stakes appeared from within. Does that mean Vlad has to reapply them with more hits afterwards? Cause if it was a permanent effect, then Vlad can simply keep manifesting stakes and end Karna right there and now. And I assume Karna was burning the stakes not to burn away that conceptual effect, but to burn away the stakes already there that are impeding him physically while repelling the outer stakes coming towards him.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think you get staked how many times he hits you.
    Otherwise why wouldn't vlad just continuously inside stake karna?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    But she is bringing that "domain" with her into her isolated pocket. From what it describes, doesn't it block parallel world and dimension attacks that are outside Avalon's dimension? If it's already inside, then it shouldn't be able to protect her.
    nah arashi is right
    “You guessed quickly. Yes, my Kaziklu Bey: Lord of Execution isn’t a Noble Phantasm that creates stakes. It’s the ‘stakes stabbed into the enemy’ themselves that are the Noble Phantasm. As long as you’re within this territory of mine, no matter how much you fortify your body, if it is a fact that you have received an attack from me—”
    Within Lancer of Red’s body, something was swelling up with violent force. Hard, sharp, repulsively cold, it was—

“Stakes, huh…”

The golden armor that clad Karna’s body could protect against stakes, blades, hammers, or any kind of attack regardless of whether it was physical or magical. However—attacks from within his body were a single exception. Furthermore, these stakes were manifesting in the state of already having pierced him.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Is the reason why Chiron and Scathach are incompatible with each other as teachers because Chiron is the "Everyone Gets Gold-Stars" teacher, while Scathach is the "Sink-or-Swim" teacher? We seen enough of Scathach of understand that this is her mentality, but I can't really confirm this about Chiron.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Is the reason why Chiron and Scathach are incompatible with each other as teachers because Chiron is the "Everyone Gets Gold-Stars" teacher, while Scathach is the "Sink-or-Swim" teacher? We seen enough of Scathach of understand that this is her mentality, but I can't really confirm this about Chiron.
    p much

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Ahh I see, thanks for that snippet!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sink or swim but she makes you hold a really heavy weight first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Sink or swim but she makes you hold a really heavy weight first.
    While at the same time using your floating body for Javelin practice.

anywhere than here