Page 6447 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 54475947634763976437644264456446644764486449645264576497654769477447 ... LastLast
Results 128,921 to 128,940 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I seriously doubt a Projected catalyst would have the object's actual history, which is the main component in summoning a Heroic Spirit. You could Project a table, but it wouldn't be the Round Table, for instance.
    The main component is the relation to the Heroic Spirit.
    No one other than Shirou really projects from "thin air"
    You usually have a basis/template, and you project your thing over it.
    Also if it's a sword Shirou's projections would have the history behind it. So like you could use inno durandal as a catalyst or whatever.

As per the example of the round table. It is possible to project the round table. However, it would take as much trouble as actually getting a round table.
    And the round table's core is like Galahad's shield so that's bad example anyway.
    Anyway, for Magus A-okay to project the round table they would need the blueprints to the Round Table and they would also need a table that is close to the Round table.
    Like how Rin wanted Shirou to use the Azoth and project the Jewel Sword over it. And she plugged all her remaining A rank jewels into the Azoth as well. That's like 1/2 10 years worth of Rin magical energy.
    Either way, projecting a catalyst is possible but as long as the catalyst is something that actually exists, it's probably easier to just get the catalyst.
    Projection is useful for making something that no longer exists but you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    For all the Britain lore in the series with Artoria and Garden of Avalon and the like, has Stonehenge ever come up?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    wait then why not just project the catalyst for a really op servant, like Gilgamesh, hercules, vlad idk. why even bother getting an actual catalyst? also i didn't mean projecting i mean traceing that sounds like a super useful skill to have.
    Things arai was complaining about in the Common Era year Two Thousand And Seven: Shirō doesn't have a totally different magecraft; he does the standard projection magecraft very very well when he can use his Reality Marble.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The main component is the relation to the Heroic Spirit.
    No one other than Shirou really projects from "thin air"
    You usually have a basis/template, and you project your thing over it.
    But does the template need to be something physical? Like, let's say Random Magus is a blacksmith who knows exactly how a Viking longsword is made, couldn't he use that knowledge to "forge" one from "thin air"? Or would he need to have all raw materials present to convert them into a sword?

Also if it's a sword Shirou's projections would have the history behind it. So like you could use inno durandal as a catalyst or whatever.
    Oh, sure, but I was talking about a random magus, which was what venomking seemed to be talking about.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    But does the template need to be something physical? Like, let's say Random Magus is a blacksmith who knows exactly how a Viking longsword is made, couldn't he use that knowledge to "forge" one from "thin air"? Or would he need to have all raw materials present to convert them into a sword?
    It'll last longer in the world if he has all the raw materials.
    But a blacksmith projecting a sword would last longer than random magus who works with animals projecting a sword.
    It's not a binary Y/N, it's a scale of longevity and stability.

So random Magus A-okay projects viking longsword. You'd get something that looks like a sword for a few seconds.
    Random Magus B-lacksmith projects viking longsword. Something looks more like it, acts more like it, stays around for longer.
    Projection is based on your image, the better and more complete "image" is in your mind, the better. That's why having blueprints for stuff helps because it helps build a better image. And having stuff to project it onto is even better because that shit is real unlike your projection.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I see, I see. That makes sense.
    Actually, the novel probably explained that, didn't it? Sorry for not remembering, and thanks for explaining, You!

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    If an idvidual goes back in time and gets famous as hero in the past even thou they didn't originally exist in that past, like say I don't know emiya(either one your pick) and gets famouse as hero do to there time travel shanangins whould they be recorded into the throne of heroes as legitimate heroes and not as counter guardians?
    Last edited by venomking; October 14th, 2017 at 01:23 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If an idvidual goes back in time and gets famous as hero in the past even thou they didn't originally exist in that past, like say I don't emiya(either one your pick) and gets famouse as hero do to there time travel shanangins whould they be recorded into the throne of heroes as legitimate heroes and not counter guardians?
    There's actually a bit of precedent for this with Bedivere, who originally didn't qualify as a Heroic Spirit but become one after the events of the Camelot singularity. Other then that I really don't know, as outside of singularities (where the rules are rather different) time travel isn't really something explored in canon, even if it can theoretically be done with the Fifth Magic.

Because of the way Quantum Time Locks work, as I understand it there'd be a limit on how much time-travellers could actually affect past history. Saving or destroying the world would be out of the question, as well as changing the outcomes of major wars or preventing a certain empire from rising or falling. Whether there'd be still be room to become a genuine Heroic Spirit within those constraints is anyone's guess though...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Counter Guardians come into being when individuals that are capable of entering a contract with Alaya do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    But I don't mean as a counter guardian, I mean like let's say shirou goes back in time I don't know maybe he meets aurtoria the two kick it off, he becomes a member of the round table gets famouse and dies in some huge battle maybe he gets a couple hundred peaple, yay! Does he get to become a proper heroic spirit?

Blog Entries
    No

throne doesn’t give a fuck about time traveling
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But I don't mean as a counter guardian, I mean like let's say shirou goes back in time I don't know maybe he meets aurtoria the two kick it off, he becomes a member of the round table gets famouse and dies in some huge battle maybe he gets a couple hundred peaple, yay! Does he get to become a proper heroic spirit?
    ?

If an idvidual goes back in time and gets famous as hero in the past even thou they didn't originally exist in that past, like say I don't know emiya(either one your pick) and gets famouse as hero do to there time travel shanangins whould they be recorded into the throne of heroes as legitimate heroes and not as counter guardians?
    I pointed out that becoming a CG is pretty straightforward, and not doing what's needed to become one means you don't become one.

But as for your other question about a time traveling person, I'd say no because of Kojirou from one of his lines in FGO. In short, no matter what he does, since he is not actually Kojirou, any fame raised in Kojirou's name would not go towards improving his own.

Similarly, since there is no recorded instance of a time traveling knight or acquaintance of Saber's/the Round Table, the time traveler did not get recorded as a HS, or a new HS came about due to their accomplishments.
    Last edited by Trubo; October 14th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Their is the thing about Saint German but we don't even know what's up with him yet.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Their is the thing about Saint German but we don't even know what's up with him yet.
    sure we do

narita

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    ?But as for your other question about a time traveling person, I'd say no because of Kojirou from one of his lines in FGO. In short, no matter what he does, since he is not actually Kojirou, any fame raised in Kojirou's name would not go towards improving his own.

Similarly, since there is no recorded instance of a time traveling knight or acquaintance of Saber's/the Round Table, the time traveler did not get recorded as a HS, or a new HS came about due to their accomplishments.
    Isn't that just a generic question about changing the past though? Obviously in our timeline there was no legend of a time-travelling knight, but in the altered history created by someone travelling back in time there very well could be. If you assume that travelling back in the past "already happened" and determined history as we know it (in other words, the timeline is wholly self-consistent) then you'd be right, but that's not the only model of time-travel.

Of course in the Nasuverse Quantum Time Locks mean that drastically changing history is impossible, but I don't know if that rules out HS-worthy feats in general. Not all heroes did major world-changing feats after all. Sometimes it was just "being a really good sword-fighter" or "killing one monster somewhere in a really awesome way", which is far from defining an entire era of history. Heck, Troy had tons of heroes fighting for it who contributed basically nothing to the outcome of the war. One more defender travelling from the future isn't going to change history in any major way, but they could still be impressive enough to qualify as a Heroic Spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just realized Trubo's answer still leaves an interesting option in store. Even granting that no time-traveller could be recorded as a new Heroic Spirit, that still leaves open the possibility for a pre-existing hero to have been a time-traveller without anyone knowing. Lots of mythical heroes have unknown or dubious origins after all, I'm sure there'd be a way to sneak time-travel in somewhere.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Manaka wants to summon the Beast, but F/GO shows that there are several. Which Beast does she actually want to summon, or is it that, during Prototype's development, there was only 1? Like how Avenger was once synonymous with Angra Mainyu and Assassin with Hassan (that's why Mr. Samurai Wraith is not a "true" Assassin)?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Beast VI, the Beast of Revelations
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Was the mental instability side-effects of Protection of Faith ret-conned? Since Extra Vlad's info explicitly told us that he isn't crazy and was only acting unhinged in sympathy and love for Run-Ru, and the only other examples are Martha and King Hassan, neither of whom are mentally unstable. Does this mean that PoF only causes (slightly) heighten zealotry, instead of mental insanity?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Isn't zealotry just religiously based insanity?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It means it causes exactly what the skill describes it causes, and like anything else is dependent on how whoever is writing them at the time does so.

But really Hassan is pretty crazy over wanting heads and Martha tames dragons by punching them, so