Page 6526 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 55266026642664766516652165246525652665276528653165366576662670267526 ... LastLast
Results 130,501 to 130,520 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Depends on how fast the gods are. I'm asking what speed feats Achilles has to put him on that level.

Also I'm reading Fragments, and is it me, or did Lucius casually brush Gawain aside? And Gawain's invincibility was referenced in that passage so I'm pretty sure that was Numeral Gawain. Arthur did a lot better than that.
    Let them release Lucius as a Servant, him brushing past Gawain was probably a specific ability of his so we just have to wait on that.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    The twist that not all eirei were eiyuu happened back in FSN though.
    Yes, but I'd still say Achilles' inherent position as fastest hero only applies to those considered heroes. Like Quetzalcoatl who's unbeatable to anyone good because she's the pinnacle of goodness, but still vulnerable to people with evil alignment because she has no position over them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Let them release Lucius as a Servant, him brushing past Gawain was probably a specific ability of his so we just have to wait on that.
    I want Lucius as a Servant. Actually now I want all the people Arthur mentioned fighting as Servants, especially Lucius and Vortigern. They sound interesting. Wish we'd seen them in Camelot.

I didn't see any indication it was meant to be a specific ability. Certainly nothing he didn't use against Arthur. Unless Servant Gawain is significantly more powerful than living Gawain (which may or may not be the case I don't think we could say), that would propel Arthur and Lucius to incredibly top tier among Servants.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but I'd still say Achilles' inherent position as fastest hero only applies to those considered heroes. Like Quetzalcoatl who's unbeatable to anyone good because she's the pinnacle of goodness, but still vulnerable to people with evil alignment because she has no position over them.
    They're all heroes. It's sorta inherent in the system. The whole anti-hero thing is just a way to point out that even those that aren't traditionally considered heroes are heroes by their very natures having benefited humanity. That's all. Anti-heroes are just shorthand for "is a hero, even tho monster/demon/evil/whatever."

And as for Achilles' speed feats, its like in half of his depictions in the Iliad. They regularly harp on and nickname him for being the swiftest dude there.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Is there any sort of symbolism behind the appearance of the Alter-Ego class card? Why two jesters, instead of something like generic maidens in the same positions?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    They're all heroes. It's sorta inherent in the system. The whole anti-hero thing is just a way to point out that even those that aren't traditionally considered heroes are heroes by their very natures having benefited humanity. That's all. Anti-heroes are just shorthand for "is a hero, even tho monster/demon/evil/whatever."

And as for Achilles' speed feats, its like in half of his depictions in the Iliad. They regularly harp on and nickname him for being the swiftest dude there.
    If it said he were the fastest Heroic Spirit or Servant I would agree. As it is it seems to specific, at least in the context of Dantes having a quantified speed that's superior. Also I don't think every Servant ever has benefitted humanity from their existence.

I don't think myths are an accurate source for how powerful Servants are based on what I've heard about myth Karna.

Although thinking about it, Dantes' speed comes from his NP so Achilles could still be considered faster overall (his is an NP too, but Edmond's is a one-shot anti-army blast while Achilles' is continuous and he has higher agility outside those).

When they say "super high speed thinking" are they referring to human or eirei standards

When Chiron was using near precog to react to Achilles did that mean his thinking was fast or his reactions

Asking the real questions
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    It says the "high speed thinking" is beyond what humans can do, so Servant standards.

Using precog to react would be reactions unless the precog involved high speed brain processing (which some kinds do).

Wot
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth

マリーの味方
    if they both appeared in the same story i bet dantes would be faster just so achilles would go "n-nani" and then get annoyed/riled up

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    Wot
    Wat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    if they both appeared in the same story i bet dantes would be faster just so achilles would go "n-nani" and then get annoyed/riled up
    This is the real answer.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    If it said he were the fastest Heroic Spirit or Servant I would agree.
    Heroic Spirit, Servant, and hero are often used regularly as interchangably.

Only when they're not.

You really can't rely on that as part of the argument, honestly.

Also I don't think every Servant ever has benefitted humanity from their existence.
    Every Heroic Spirit has. That's what makes them Heroic Spirits. And anti-heroes are Heroic Spirits. It's like the Counter Guardian thing.

Wat
    How about we start with "beyond what humans can do" = "Servant standards"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Wat
    beyond human =/= Servant

For instance, what magi can do to strengthen their bodies is beyond human, but that doesn't make them Servant level.

Like 超高速行動に耐えうる超人的な心身 is such a meaningless and unquantifiable descriptor, can he survive reentry from orbit?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    beyond human =/= Servant

For instance, what magi can do to strengthen their bodies is beyond human, but that doesn't make them Servant level.
    [pedanticism]But Magi are human, so whatever they do is clearly not beyond the level of a human. [/pedanticism]

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How fast can Dantes really be if Nightingale can just reach out and hamburger him into the floor
    His compassion for the woman he called Mercedes was the one prison he couldn't escape from.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Like 超高速行動に耐えうる超人的な心身 is such a meaningless and unquantifiable descriptor, can he survive reentry from orbit?
    can he turn a dragster

JP Friend Code
    Heroic Spirit, Servant, and hero are often used regularly as interchangably.

Only when they're not.

You really can't rely on that as part of the argument, honestly.
    But they aren't actually interchangeable.

Every Heroic Spirit has. That's what makes them Heroic Spirits. And anti-heroes are Heroic Spirits. It's like the Counter Guardian thing.
    Heroic Spirit is just a blanket term for everything summoned from the Throne. I've seen the translation called into question. Anti-heroes are Eiyuu, doesn't mean they fall under "hero" when being compared to Achilles. Especially since he never laid eyes on an anti-hero while alive as far as I know.

Anyway this seems rather pointless when you consider Dantes is only that fast with his NP and we don't know if the temporary speed boost it provides would be factored in when considering who the fastest is.

- - - Updated - - -

beyond human =/= Servant

That's fair, but I think Servant level would be the implication considering he's, you know, a Servant.

Blog Entries
    can he turn a dragster
    Turning drag would entail he put on make up and dressing FABULOUSLY, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh no. He's forgotten CP, the senility's gone too far. It's time for the staff to bring him behind the 7th.
    canon finish apo vol 3