Page 6553 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 55536053645365036543654865516552655365546555655865636603665370537553 ... LastLast
Results 131,041 to 131,060 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Was Britain the last place to be in the Age of Gods or were there even more remote locations where it continued after Britain's ended? I know the reason Britain was in the AoG longer was because it was an island.
    AoG lingered until the 16th century in Japan since it was Nobunaga who put an end to it, IIRC.

It's probly still hanging around in Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    How exactly do werewolves work in the Nasuverse? Are they more comparable to Dead Apostles or to things such as oni?
    They're magical beasts.

Though where to find them is complicated

Blog Entries
    Is Vasavi Shakti supposed to be a direct upgrade to Brahmastra Kundala?

Last I read, Brahmastra Kundala was an anti-nation AOE nuclear fire attack whereas Vasavi Shakti was an anti-god single strike spear of light. Those things are clearly not direct upgrades of each other

I don't understand why F/A animated Brahmastra Kundala as 'super kfc bbq' move and Vasavi Shakti as 'bigger melt the world super kfc bbq' move, is this canon?

I don't understand why F/A animated Brahmastra Kundala as 'super kfc bbq' move and Vasavi Shakti as 'bigger melt the world super kfc bbq' move, is this canon?
    Extella's VS is a lightning strike. Brahmastra Kundala has been a spear throw of giant flame explosion in every of its appearance.

What is even canon

When you boiled down to it many big NPs are just giant fire/explosion.

Blog Entries
    Considering that it's Indra's spear so it makes sense for it to be a lightning strike

The apocrypha anime seems to have mixed up VS and BK

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    all the fire and explosion before Karna unleashes VS were came from himself.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Vasavi Shakti is based on FGO's NP animation. Brahmastra Kundala has always been spear throw + fire.

One is a beam, one is Gae Bolg Fire. It's fine, if not inspired.

Tbf i've always preferred Extella's interpretation of VS

Blog Entries
    It’s fire because that’s what your mouth feels like when you accidentally take a big gulp of wasabi shock tea

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i like VS sketch version more
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post

One is a beam, one is Gae Bolg Fire. It's fine, if not inspired.
    I'm not finding issue with the originality of it, I'm confused why Apocrypha made them Kenny Rogers' roasters medium and large ver rrspectively

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    all the fire and explosion before Karna unleashes VS were came from himself.
    Didn't sieg's uber beamsword intercept a literal wall of fire though, didn't see any spear of light/lightning in there

JP Friend Code
    Well Karna loves to infuse his attacks with fire, so it's a lightning bolt coated with fire wall.

US Friend Code
    In Extra Vasavi Shakti isn't a lightning bolt either but a death ray that almost certainly looks like it's related to sun that after it hits comes to a a big explosion cloud of fire. Then in GO it still looks like that despite it being it being anti unit as the Apo version. Extella is the only exception in making look like VS it has lightning effects and make it look like a laser beam instead of a sun beam.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the only VS i would accept

no you cant make me change my mind shut up reeeeeeeee
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    ^you need make an opponent worthy for that.

so give us Gatotkaca.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Question about Medea's summoning of Kojirou.

In the FAQs listed with what translated bits of Complete Material III we have, it feels like there is a contradiction regarding how Kojirou was summoned.

Q: After Caster summoned Assassin (Sasaki Kojirou), was she branded with Command Seals? I ask because I don’t think she ever used a Command Spell on Assassin.

A: She had something similar to a Command Spell. Though, as a fake Master with a fake Servant, it wasn't something as powerful as a true Command Spell. While she may not originally have received any Command Spells, Caster may have skillfully borrowed the power of the Greater Grail to craft herself an imitation.
    Suggests that she was able to summon Kojirou solely through her own efforts. However,

Q: Caster summoned Kojirou as an irregular Master, but was there a person who would have summoned Assassin as a regular Master (someone with the sign of the bruise)? Or was that Zouken?

A: Caster found him before he could do the summoning....
    While this does not explicitly say that she needed a Master candidate to summon Kojirou, I can't think of much else as to why she would go out of her way to do so. Only other thing that comes to mind is that she wanted to prevent them from summoning Assassin on their own, but, barring a situation like Shirou and Ryuunosuke, I don't see how the time spent tracking this person down wasn't better spent just summoning Kojirou in the first place, unless somehow the amount of time it would take to meddle with the HGW to let her summon an Assassin was significantly longer than what the Master candidate would have needed.

That said, wouldn't another person then be picked as a potential Master candidate?
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    You have to remember the summoning of Assassin isn't random chance like the rest, thanks to it's catalyst it's the only class you know is guarnteed along with Berserker.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, but I don't see the point that you're trying to make. Servants shouldn't normally be able to summon other Servants, but Medea was able to pull that off.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see the point that you're trying to make. Servants shouldn't normally be able to summon other Servants, but Medea was able to pull that off.
    You were asking why Medea would take the time to hunt Assassin's Master before the summoning because you think it be a waste of time unless it's a Last Master situation. Now thinking about I thought you were talking about that it's irrelevant because it's a random chance but after rereading it looks like I was misinterpreting your question and you were asking why waste the time instead of summoning her Assassin first. I think the answer for that is because her Assassin is a fake, not properly what was supposed to be summoned, thus I gather her preparation for it was complicated tho I don't know how. Also if Assassin's Master tried to summon Assassin I think you would get a similar event as what happened in HF I think tho that's just my speculation.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Also if Assassin's Master tried to summon Assassin I think you would get a similar event as what happened in HF I think tho that's just my speculation.
    Zouken is one of the guys who established the HGW ritual in the first place, I think he has a little more leeway with abusing the system than some random non-Manaka Master candidate. Even then, Cursed Arm's Master was still Medea, which is why he forced her to use Rule Breaker on herself by threatening to kill Kuzuki if she didn't.