Page 6555 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 55556055645565056545655065536554655565566557656065656605665570557555 ... LastLast
Results 131,081 to 131,100 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's not even in Grand Order, get your spinoffs right

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Ah I see. So Medea's original Master was some fat guy, Atram doesn't exist, and everything else he appears in is some sort of mass hallucination we're all having.
    I mean, yes?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I mean, yes?
    retconned by case files if not by ufoUBW tbh

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    I haven't watched HF but in the UBW anime:

• Shirou fought Gilgamesh at range just as much as up close.
    • He ran out of energy before he could beat him instead of Saber breaking them out of the reality marble.
    • Kojiro's sword never bent.
    • Archer and Shirou fought in the reality marble and Archer did not use Durundal.
    • Gae Bolg had a much closer struggle with Rho Aias whereas in the VN it didn't even slow down before piercing the first six petals.

And that's ignoring changes which don't make contradictions in the mechanics like Archer using random swords against Caster instead of NP projections. And I haven't read the Zero LNs but it sounds like there were some differences in Kirei vs Kiritsugu.
    I mean none of the things you pointed out make any contradiction to mechanics either since it’s just things to make the visual more theatrical.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shirou fought Gilgamesh at range just as much as up close.
    To make the fight more dramatic to watch, albeit stupid. Largely trivial since nothing important was changed.

He ran out of energy before he could beat him instead of Saber breaking them out of the reality marble.
    UBW was already collapsing, Excalibur just sealed the deal.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20232/

The light coming from the lake eliminates the hill of swords.
    A great magical energy has smashed away the already-disappearing Reality Marble.
    Kojiro's sword never bent.

Archer and Shirou fought in the reality marble and Archer did not use Durundal.
    First thing you've mentioned that's somewhat significant. Again though, largely trivial, as the point was to show Archer accepting Shirou's resolve, which was done quite well with Archer's UBW's sky changing.

Gae Bolg had a much closer struggle with Rho Aias whereas in the VN it didn't even slow down before piercing the first six petals.
    What are you even talking about here?

VN version of Lance of sure hit/Shield of no loss

The lance crashes into the shield.
    The lance of death that penetrates every wall and outmaneuvers any evasion.
    That lance has been stopped.
    Radiating a storm of heat, the lance of sure kill is stopped by Archer's "Noble Phantasm".
    The seven flower petals appear from empty space and shield Archer from the demonic bullet!

Who would know?
    This shield is Aius. The only shield said to have repelled the javelin of the great hero in the Trojan War.
    There are seven barriers shaped like flower petals, and each layer is as strong as a castle wall.
    It is a boundary field Noble Phantasm that is said to be invincible against projectile weapons.

A thrown lance will be defeated by this shield without penetrating even one of the petals.
    At the very least, Archer does not know of a lance that can penetrate this shield.

But.
    The lance of sure kill drills through the shields like it's nothing.

"……!!!!!"
    The sixth petal is destroyed.
    Only one remains.
    The demonic lance reaches the seventh layer that has never been broken.

The unstoppable thorn of the demonic lance.
    In the face of that power…

Anime version of Lance of sure hit/Shield of no loss

Please, tell me, where the difference is with Gae Bulg destroying Rho Aias?

And that's ignoring changes which don't make contradictions in the mechanics like Archer using random swords against Caster instead of NP projections.
    What? The VN explains that he uses K&B the entire time until after he startles Caster to release the gravity trap thing she was doing, before then switching to BP Caladbolg. That is exactly what is shown in the anime.

https://i.imgur.com/VO5UR1G.png
    https://i.imgur.com/SWWP7IZ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/OwC2FyH.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ZCTbAse.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Um2fnnE.png
    https://i.imgur.com/2UhNpYt.png

And I haven't read the Zero LNs but it sounds like there were some differences in Kirei vs Kiritsugu.
    Can't comment in great detail on the Zero anime since I haven't watched it, but the only thing coming to mind is the Bat Cave fight between Kiritsugu and Kotomine. Pretty sure it's still the same location as where the LN described the fight as being, just different interior because budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    UBW anime also contradicts HA. Bazett talks about fighting Caster with Lancer at the temple a few times, though UBW clearly shows that's impossible
    Which scene is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    He's not even in Grand Order, get your spinoffs right
    CEs count though, no? Worked for Kayneth and Miyu at least.
    Last edited by Trubo; January 3rd, 2018 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    He appears in Lord El Melloi II case files so yes he exists, but how Medea killed him was changed in the anime so the VN explanation would be the canon one.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Also Apo and Deen Stay Night are equally official as far as I know so yeah.
    DEEN was not written by the original writer

Apo was

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What? The VN explains that he uses K&B the entire time until after he startles Caster to release the gravity trap thing she was doing, before then switching to BP Caladbolg. That is exactly what is shown in the anime.
    I think it’s about when archer kills her. Which is more just because the vn reuses CGs. Tho if you wanna take it super seriously and detailed him using more normal stuff can be chalked up as the reason he has enough gas to use UBW when fighting shirou i guess.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    He appears in Lord El Melloi II case files so yes he exists, but how Medea killed him was changed in the anime so the VN explanation would be the canon one.
    So Nasu saying something in an interview: canon, Nasu writing a scene for an adaptation: not canon, got it

Blog Entries
    retconned by case files if not by ufoUBW tbh
    These don't sound canon.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    I think it’s about when archer kills her. Which is more just because the vn reuses CGs. Tho if you wanna take it super seriously and detailed him using more normal stuff can be chalked up as the reason he has enough gas to use UBW when fighting shirou i guess.
    That's still dumb, considering that those generic looking swords are still projected NPs.

Apo was
    Was going to say that at least the DEEN stuff can still be found on the Type-Moon website's shop, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Poor DEEN/SN, joined the ranks of "and we'll never talk about this again" with JC Staff's Tsukihime.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    These don't sound canon.
    One of them is, the other one depends on how much stock you put into blu-ray bonus script drafts

JP Friend Code
    To make the fight more dramatic to watch, albeit stupid. Largely trivial since nothing important was changed.
    Quite a bit was changed because it makes UBW much more powerful in the anime.

UBW was already collapsing, Excalibur just sealed the deal.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20232/
    Point is Shirou won on his own in the VN and did not in the anime.

Cracked hilt is different from bent sword but I suppose I can go with that.

First thing you've mentioned that's somewhat significant. Again though, largely trivial, as the point was to show Archer accepting Shirou's resolve, which was done quite well with Archer's UBW's sky changing.
    Discussing what the point is is unimportant as it doesn't actually change facts.

What are you even talking about here?
    It says "the lance of sure kill drills through the shields like it's nothing" with regards to the first six. It was a significantly closer struggle getting through the first six in the anime.

Not what I'm talking about. I mean when he kills her.

Can't comment in great detail on the Zero anime since I haven't watched it, but the only thing coming to mind is the Bat Cave fight between Kiritsugu and Kotomine. Pretty sure it's still the same location as where the LN described the fight as being, just different interior because budget.
    The manner Kirei blocked the bullets was also very different from what I've heard.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Look people, we've been over this. Any inconsistencies/changes between Nasu works that you find are because it's a (very slight) AU, that's all.

Everything is Canon. The Truth is a Lie.

JP Friend Code

Apo was
    So just Apo then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    I mean none of the things you pointed out make any contradiction to mechanics either since it’s just things to make the visual more theatrical.
    Some of them do actually contradict the mechanics because they change how powerful the characters are relative to each other.

Also didn't mention Archer sniping Hercules in UBW from what looked like quite a bit more than 4 kilometers.

- - - Updated - - -

So Nasu saying something in an interview: canon, Nasu writing a scene for an adaptation: not canon, got it
    Yes because statements in interviews apply to the original VN universe. Scenes in the anime apply to a completely different multiverse as far as I'm concerned.

Blog Entries
    One of them is, the other one depends on how much stock you put into blu-ray bonus script drafts
    If I can't read them or I don't like them, they're not canon. Still sounds non-canon.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    yer mum's not canon

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Look people, we've been over this. Any inconsistencies/changes between Nasu works that you find are because it's a (very slight) AU, that's all.

Everything is Canon. The Truth is a Lie.
    I think "alternate multiverse" would be the better term because the Nasuverse already has canon AUs that keep consistent with mechanics. Either way the anime should be treated as its own thing and separate from the source material unless Nasu clarifies otherwise (like Herc vs Calabolg).

- - - Updated - - -

Also in UBW Kirei had multiple command seals but he said he only had one in the HF route, although I don't know if the Zero LNs retconned that first.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Also in UBW Kirei had multiple command seals but he said he only had one in the HF route, although I don't know if the Zero LNs retconned that first.
    Because he only had one. He used the others to operate on Sakura.