Page 6558 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 55586058645865086548655365566557655865596560656365686608665870587558 ... LastLast
Results 131,141 to 131,160 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Find a hypnotist.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Teach me how to selectively excise canon I don’t like from memory so I can forget the sword thing.
    What sword thing?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    And UBW also beat GoB in an extended exchange, which goes against what the VN showed which was Gil's crappy CQC skills. The anime caused a lot of misconceptions this way.
    Except the VN made it pretty clear that UBW > GoB in that situation since being able to ready any counter against what Gil can do effectively shuts Gil down. Also, Gil doesn't have crappy melee skills.

Last Fight
    "HaaHaa, haa, haa, ha!"
    I'm not thinking.
    My body and mind will fail if I stop.
    That's why I will keep moving forward.
    The instant I see his Noble Phantasm, I reel in the exact same one and swing it with all my might!

"Impossibleam I being cornered by such a sham…!?"

"Fuh, hah!"
    The sounds of swords crashing echo through the area.
    He cannot handle my attacks and has to destroy my weapon with his.

But he is only an "owner".
    He does not have one weapon, so he is not a "wielder" who can use his weapon to its maximum potential.

Even in this world, I am no match against any other Servants.
    I cannot match the
    Servant?
    ultimate one
    even with infinite swords.
    Gilgamesh must have the ability, but I do not.

As we have the same ability, as we are both "owners", I am always one step ahead of him since my swords are there, ready to be used…!

And after that he ran out of energy and lost.
    Weird since Gilgamesh acknowledges him as the winner of their fight. The only odd thing there was making Shirou collapse so early, as he should do so after Gilgamesh gets Angra-ed, but that's explained by wanting to make the visual impact of that scene better than "end UBW RM -> Gilgamesh getting Angra-ed".

This doesn't actually change what happened in universe.
    Two guys standing next to and smacking each other with swords isn't very interesting to watch. But, hey, keep complaining about a difference that doesn't matter since the point of the scene isn't to show how they fight but why Shirou refuses to quit.

It was slowed down by every single petal and had several seconds of clashing with each of them. I don't really get the impression that would be considering drilling through them like nothing.
    In a manner of seconds, Rho Aias, what should be Archer's greatest defense against projectile weapons, is nearly destroyed.

The ones he used in the VN were NP projections. I already said this doesn't contradict mechanics but does indicate a difference.
    As mentioned before, stock CG image limits, or do you want to open up the can of worms of HF Shirou using not!Excalibur to destroy the Greater Grail despite the CG being Excalibur?

...you sort of just gave examples that support my point.
    For Herk, this is not necessarily a problem since rereading the fight between Saber and Herk does show that Saber is apparently pressuring Herk. While I would have preferred there being some sort of mention of Herk being wounded by Invisible Air clad Excalibur, the lack of any mention of wounds by it cannot be used for or against the notion that Invisible Air-clad Excalibur can still wound him as depicted by the anime. That said, I still say that's a dumb defense given what is known about God Hand, but there's nothing explicit to counter it.

As for the first fight between Saber and Kojirou scene, while I hate how much Saber wank was done, this still doesn't contradict the scene that Saber had to do everything in her power to get out of range of Tsubame Gaeshi, preventing her from making it to Shirou to help him against Caster.

Because it exaggerates his sniping range and makes him more powerful?
    Prologue establishes that Archer can see several miles away. HA shows that Archer can shoot at someone from miles away with great accuracy in Dead Bridge (I, II) and Decisive Battle. While changing the setting of where Archer is shooting from is another dumb embellishment the anime did, it doesn't depict Archer being able to do something he wasn't already able to do.

Also from what I've heard there are much more severe changes in Apo.
    Can't comment on Apo since I stopped watching it after a few episodes, but it sounds like the anime had to omit stuff from the LNs because time constraints.

Honestly even if the anime doesn't contradict anything, it still has to be treated as different from the source material because it doesn't retcon anything, so it wouldn't be a source for extra lore unless Nasu says so.
    This makes no sense whatsoever.

They do IMO, but insignificant changes are still changes. Anime would never be assumed to be canon to the VN in the first place.

I didn't watch the movie and Shirou's jacket would be blatant nitpicking.
    This is such a non-argument argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    This reminds me of before the anime I mentioned saber’s fight with berserker was clearly in her favor, and people were like “lol, the anime is coming up, you are gonna see how she wasnt really doing anything to him, lulz”

puzzling after the episode aired said people were generally uninterested in continuing the conversation.

...wonder why.
    Because the impression of the scene as a whole was that nothing was really going to hurt Herk until Archer fired a BP. Also, I think it's odd that Illya straight up loses interest in Saber compared to Archer if it looked like Saber could actually beat Herk without revealing Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    UBW anime did go too far in the other direction
    UBW anime dropped the ball by making small changes to scenes that didn't need to be changed (e.g. Taiga's hostage scene) or by going 100% by the VN when the VN's handling of that scene was complete crap (e.g. immediately after they beat Medea/Kuzuki).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    Every day I wake up and ask myself, am I canon
    http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Non-canon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    What sword thing?
    mini-Excalibur beam, Invisible Air-clad Excalibur wounding Herk, Herk literally return his own serves, take your pick.
    Last edited by Trubo; January 3rd, 2018 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

I like this
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    What sword thing?
    others are going to have to get used to the fact that saber actually was beating berserker in the graveyard.

(well they don’t have too, but they should)

What I have to get used to even if I don’t like it, is later in the story, when shirou protects saber from the sword rain, he doesn’t do so by projecting his own sword rain to counter, and apparently just was able to help by duel wielding the attacks away.

logically this puzzles and frustrates me since that means shirou was essentially using melee weapon tactics to protect frikken rin saber of all people.

but that’s just the way it is. It would be hypocritical for me to tell people they have to swallow a frustrating truth if I couldn’t do so as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah I think we should just agree to disagree. The idea of even needing to argue the anime as non-canon by default is a bit foreign to me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    we should just agree to disagree
    thats what people say when they know theyre wrong but dont want to admit it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Serious talk, the canon/non canon divide is so unnecessary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    oh u
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

or, you know, do the sensible thing and stop this argument from going further

Blog Entries
    No sometimes it’s just what people say when they are tired of hanging their head in a wall. Not really making a judgement on this particular argument, but speaking generally sometimes you just lose interest.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If you can hang your head in a wall you should fix your wall.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I dunno, sometimes you just want to find a good headrest

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sounds suffocating
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Gil sucking in melee come up often,but is it really true? Shirou usually only gets a shit understanding of his own skills, and claims that since he and Gil both suck, he wins cuz he`s faster... but UBW gives shirou the original owner`s weapon skills whether Shirou knows it or not, so its more like Shirou+Original Owner skill = Gil weapon skill therefore he wins cuz he`s faster

US Friend Code
    Gil doesn't really suck in a melee, he's just less skilled in it compared to Saber and Lancer. Gil's melee fighting style revolves around pulling weapons from GoB, taking a swing and activate it's effects then switch it for another. You can see Gil taking this stance of fighting in both CCC and Extella.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In the original VN as well, in the battle on the bridge.

Gil sucks in melee is a myth that need to seriously die

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Gil sucking in melee come up often,but is it really true? Shirou usually only gets a shit understanding of his own skills, and claims that since he and Gil both suck, he wins cuz he`s faster... but UBW gives shirou the original owner`s weapon skills whether Shirou knows it or not, so its more like Shirou+Original Owner skill = Gil weapon skill therefore he wins cuz he`s faster
    No. People seem to forget that he thoroughly trashed Saber in Fate (in before people complain that it was more the weapon's random effects than his skill, even though it's been established that just having a weapon in front of Saber doesn't mean much if the person isn't competent with said weapon). As for the rest of your comment, I'll just repost the part of UBW's Last Fight that matters.

Last Fight
    "HaaHaa, haa, haa, ha!"
    I'm not thinking.
    My body and mind will fail if I stop.
    That's why I will keep moving forward.
    The instant I see his Noble Phantasm, I reel in the exact same one and swing it with all my might!

"Impossibleam I being cornered by such a sham…!?"

"Fuh, hah!"
    The sounds of swords crashing echo through the area.
    He cannot handle my attacks and has to destroy my weapon with his.

But he is only an "owner".
    He does not have one weapon, so he is not a "wielder" who can use his weapon to its maximum potential.

Even in this world, I am no match against any other Servants.
    I cannot match the
    Servant?
    Ultimate One
    even with infinite swords.
    Gilgamesh must have the ability, but I do not.

As we have the same ability, as we are both "owners", I am always one step ahead of him since my swords are there, ready to be used…!
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Why does Gil spamming nps effects on Saber mean that he must be skilled? He used like 3 nps and was only able to steal a bit of magical energy. That's not really a sparkling example of swordmanship.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Why does Gil spamming nps effects on Saber mean that he must be skilled? He used like 3 nps and was only able to steal a bit of magical energy. That's not really a sparkling example of swordmanship.
    Because he wasn't spamming NP effects? He was literally grabbing weapons at random to fight back against Saber. That he can then capitalize on their passive effects to keep her off balance even while she's defending is enough to show his skill.

Oldest King
    "What…!?"
    Saber's body stops.
    The weapons the enemy takes are different from the previous dark red sword.
    The first is an invisible sword like Saber's.
    As soon as Saber defends against it, the man is holding yet another sword.

She twists her body to avoid it, but the space the sword goes through freezes.
    Saber retreats, covered in ice.
    As the ice starts to break, the enemy holds a sickle-like weapon.

…As if cutting away her bone and not her flesh or blood.

…It is a different kind of retreat now.
    Not to distance herself and prepare for the next attack.
    It's a desperate retreat, just to get away from the enemy

Seriously, he's able to force her to the point where she can't properly counter with her sword, and effectively loses her hand. That's skill, no matter which way you cut it.