Page 6576 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 55766076647665266566657165746575657665776578658165866626667670767576 ... LastLast
Results 131,501 to 131,520 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Tsukihime takajun had it as spirit
    Fuyuki has it as elemental.
    So during that time.
    which is more correct/closer tecnically?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    which is more correct/closer tecnically?
    From that i guess spirit
    一言で「精霊」と言っても、漢語として用いている場合、大和言葉に漢字を当てている場合、西洋語のspir it や elementalの翻訳語として用いられている場合などがあり、それぞれ意味内容が少しずつ異なっている 。

スピリット[編集]
    日本以外の、世界各地の伝承に登場する「spirit スピリット」(例えば「泉の精」や「ランプの精」な ど「~の精」と訳すほうがしっくりくるような場合のそれ)の訳語として「精霊(せいれい)」が用いられるこ ともある。

エレメンタル[編集]
    英語で元素を意味する「エレメント」 (element) の形容詞形「エレメンタル」 (elemental) は「四大元素の霊」という意味の名詞としても使われ、その訳語として「精霊」が使われることが ある。

漢語
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    thanks

i guess it would really depends on the context too, since maybe using elemental when the subject is Paracelsus' stuffs is preferable, but for stuffs like Lakelady spirits is better

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    There's sort of a distinction between 精霊 and other sorts of ethereal things in TM, and it does seem like 精霊 is more associated with nature really.

Blog Entries
    mou wakannai desu

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know if there's anywhere you can find Mahoyo's sprite rips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Inside your Mahoyo

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    mou wakannai desu
    you can go hardcore and do the food and call seirei fairies
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is there any reason to assume Sigurd existed in the same timeline as Siegfried? Wouldn't it make more sense if Sigurd was just "Siegfried (Prototype)" since Bryn is from Prototype?

I've seen a lot of discussion here that assumes they do and the problems around it, so I'm sure there's a reason I'm just not aware of.

Because it was said they do.

US Friend Code
    For one thing Siegfried and Sigurd aren't just alternate versions of them selves like with Artoria and Arthur. They both possess their own legends and while they have many common elements their are stark differences. There's also the fact that their legends exist alongside eachother at the same time in the real world. That is both the Volsung Saga and the Nibelungenlied were written roughly at the same time, clearing depicting similar legends of a dude that slew a dragon as it's core but then diverges on a whole types of details. we know they existed together because their epics existed together, with neither being more fake or truer than the other one.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    For one thing Siegfried and Sigurd aren't just alternate versions of them selves like with Artoria and Arthur. They both possess their own legends and while they have many common elements their are stark differences. There's also the fact that their legends exist alongside eachother at the same time in the real world. That is both the Volsung Saga and the Nibelungenlied were written roughly at the same time, clearing depicting similar legends of a dude that slew a dragon as it's core but then diverges on a whole types of details. we know they existed together because their epics existed together, with neither being more fake or truer than the other one.
    Okay, that makes sense. I didn't know the two tales were so different, I thought they were both just adaptations of the same legend by different people.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Okay, that makes sense. I didn't know the two tales were so different, I thought they were both just adaptations of the same legend by different people.
    Well it kinda is, most likely Siegfrieds and Sigurds story did come from an original source, the thing is tho we don't know what that source is, we only have these seperate legends which contain alot of the same stuff with characters and what they do, but certainly have as many differences to eachother, like in one Bryn is a fallen Valkyrie imprisoned by Odin but in other she's the prideful queen of Iceland, how in one Siegfried became invulnerable and that becomes a plot point later down the line in his death while Sigurd instead becomes able to understand animals which saves him from his plotting step-father. Like what Bryn says in her profile, both Siegfried and Sigurd possesses similar origins, but they are different people. It's not that their tales are that different just that the difference that is their is clear enough to seperate them as characters.

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The real question is how they both managed to kill Fafnir, considering Bryn mentioned Sigurd as having the armor.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    The real question is how they both managed to kill Fafnir, considering Bryn mentioned Sigurd as having the armor.
    Siegfried fanfir is known as the evil dragon
    sigurd fafnir is known as the evil dragon phenomenon

as defined by melty

"Yes. Both the attempts to suppress it and even our attempts to defend against it...... The Church did not understand what Tatari was.
    Even though I warned them it was not something that could be destroyed, they only carried their normal Conceptual Weapons.
    Just like you did just now, they defeated Tatari many times. But it was meaningless. Tatari is like a natural phenomenon.
    No matter how many times it is defeated, it can occur again once certain conditions are met."

"A natural phenomenon occurring once certain conditions are met...... you mean like rain or snow?"

"Yes. Even if storm clouds were dispersed to prevent a windstorm, they would no doubt occur again.
    But this typhoon does not occur that often. The conditions are rather complicated."

Blog Entries
    also there's that thing from freed's interlude of how fafnir's offspring can become fafnir itself given enough maryoku
    maybe relevant?

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would Earth Mother Goddesses possess a Divine Cores? Given their existence is really just manifestations of the Cycle of Life and Death, I'm not sure myself. On the other hand, it was said the Mesopotamian deities are natural phenomenon given will and personalities...
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

I'm currently rereading Hollow Ataraxia since the voice patch is out. I've come across some lines mentioning how Bazett should be able to kill a servant with her powerful punches. It seems servants are usually way more durable or resistant than that. Is there something special about Bazett or her magecraft that would allow this? Or am I just misinterpreting things?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechrast View Post
    I'm currently rereading Hollow Ataraxia since the voice patch is out. I've come across some lines mentioning how Bazett should be able to kill a servant with her powerful punches. It seems servants are usually way more durable or resistant than that. Is there something special about Bazett or her magecraft that would allow this? Or am I just misinterpreting things?
    She's strengthening her fists with runes, like how Medea reinforced Kuzuki.

anywhere than here