Page 6593 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 55936093649365436583658865916592659365946595659866036643669370937593 ... LastLast
Results 131,841 to 131,860 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Zouken gathered Iri-pieces during Zero while Kariya was busy dying in the basement. He then used that to make a crest worm and put it in Sakura.

And something something love close to desire for life something something all it wanted was to be born something something angra loves humanity something something

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by onepieceuc1 View Post
    How did "All the world's evil" placed inside Sakura? Why does it use Sakura's love (?) for Shirou to grow stronger? And what does it really want to do using Sakura? Sorry that's a lot of questions but Wikia and now just seeing HF's movie earlier made me asking myself many things!
    Thanks for your answers!
    "All the World's Evil" wasn't in Sakura. Zouken turned the remains of the Lesser Grail from HF4 into a crest worm and J-J-Jammed it into Sakura to turn her into a channel for it's power.

It doesn't use her love to grow stronger, it takes advantage of her shaken up emotions and wounded psyche to lodge itself more firmly into her brain-meats.

What it want's to do is be born, so Mama Sakura is currently eating for two- just that one of them is ancient Zoroastrian Ultra-Satan, so she's eating Souls instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Unrelated, am I daft in thinking this, or is Archer's identity a mcguffin more than it is a plot twist?
    Archer's identity isn't a macguffin. It doesn't motivate the characters or drive the plot in and of itself. Archer's ideal, or rather the conflict between his ideal and shirou's is what drives that storyline, and so that's the macguffin.
    This is in UBW, of course. In the other routes, neither Archer's identity or his conflicting ideals are a macguffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    "All the World's Evil" wasn't in Sakura. Zouken turned the remains of the Lesser Grail from HF4 into a crest worm and J-J-Jammed it into Sakura to turn her into a channel for it's power.
    Well, it was, but, like, more like, Sakura was the faucet and it was slowly leaking out of her.

which boy sounds more terrible when I say it like that

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Well, it was, but, like, more like, Sakura was the faucet and it was slowly leaking out of her.

which boy sounds more terrible when I say it like that
    It wants to be born...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Archer's identity isn't a macguffin. It doesn't motivate the characters or drive the plot in and of itself. Archer's ideal, or rather the conflict between his ideal and shirou's is what drives that storyline, and so that's the macguffin.
    This is in UBW, of course. In the other routes, neither Archer's identity or his conflicting ideals are a macguffin.
    Now would you say that his identity is a plot twist, or no?
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Now would you say that his identity is a plot twist, or no?
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Yeah, it doesnt say TA doesnt exist, only that a certain encounter doesnt exist and a certain man ended up not getting massive power and be counted by the Church as 1 of the 27
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    I think the DAA doesnt exist is on FSF atogaki?

Or was it a other blogppost

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I think the DAA doesnt exist is on FSF atogaki?

Or was it a other blogppost
    it's the grouping, iirc DAA is just a title given by Church.

Blog Entries
    No, i mean i forgot was it said on fsf afterword or some other blogpost

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I was completely surprised by Archer's identity in UBW actually, probably because I started with the anime and without playing Fate route or having full explanations for the mechanics of the world, there was no reason to think servants could be summoned from the future. I did get spoiled to his name being Emiya prematurely, but I could only guess he was just Kiritsugu's ancestor.

Technically it is a plot twist, just not one hard to anticipate reading the VN (or so I say, but to be honest I might've missed it even if I'd started there). It's not a McGuffin though, if anything, you could argue the entire rest of UBW is a McGuffin to support Archer's story (which isn't true either, but you get my point).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't see how it's a plot twist though, since nothing major about the plot changes by knowing his identity. We do get some additional information about Shirou from it, but it's mostly emphasizing things that we already knew before or would have discovered if the route proceeded without knowing who Archer is.

That's why I was thinking of it as being a mcguffin since it's a thing in the story, but ultimately doesn't contribute much to the overall plot. As has already been pointed out, Archer is physically more of a mcguffin than his name because of Shirou's power up in UBW and Archer's arm in HF, but nothing really changes from knowing who Archer is.
    Last edited by Trubo; February 2nd, 2018 at 10:13 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think it's definitely a plot twist, it's not hard to figure out before but the novel clearly treated it as a mystery until he said Trace On.

- - - Updated - - -

Though the plot twist is less about his identity and more about him actually betraying Rin that time now that I think about it.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Its a plot twist in that until it happens the story so far had been "fight and win in HGW" and his identity change and reveal of his goals changes it into "fight Archer/yourself" which is the definition of a plot twist--to change the perceived direction of a story.

It probably shouldn't be conflated with whether its a mystery or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It kinda is a plot twist given it changed the narrative focus of UBW after it was revealed. Although that change was sort of confined to a bubble where everything went back on track after Archer died (not that the events in the bubble didn't affect the events outside).

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    I was completely surprised by Archer's identity in UBW actually, probably because I started with the anime and without playing Fate route or having full explanations for the mechanics of the world, there was no reason to think servants could be summoned from the future. I did get spoiled to his name being Emiya prematurely, but I could only guess he was just Kiritsugu's ancestor.

Technically it is a plot twist, just not one hard to anticipate reading the VN (or so I say, but to be honest I might've missed it even if I'd started there). It's not a McGuffin though, if anything, you could argue the entire rest of UBW is a McGuffin to support Archer's story (which isn't true either, but you get my point).
    A friend of mine who's started watching UBW saw his name on my GO support list and assumed he was Kiritsugu. Maybe he heard rumblings about Assassin Emiya and mixed them up, since Archer looks nothing like Kiritsugu.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Its a plot twist in that until it happens the story so far had been "fight and win in HGW" and his identity change and reveal of his goals changes it into "fight Archer/yourself" which is the definition of a plot twist--to change the perceived direction of a story.

It probably shouldn't be conflated with whether its a mystery or not.
    Not sure I agree with you there. UBW's focus had already shifted to Shirou's ideals once he lost Saber to Medea but refused to quit because of that.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Thematically you know what the story is about then, but the plot is still a case of there's this war thats going on and this is related to it.

Once Archer hijacks things, you'll notice that it isn't about defeating anybody related to why the war is being waged, its "fuk u loser." And then never gets back to the war since Gil immediately afterwards reveals what's going on.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Tbh, I can only call it a plot twist in the fate route, but its irrelevant there.
    Its painfully obvious in UBW, and well, you should already know in HF.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not an annoying McGuffin shtick though, as opposed to various others, less well executed ones
    In what sense is it painfully obvious the first time around in UBW? The bushy eyebrows?