Page 6623 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 56236123652365736613661866216622662366246625662866336673672371237623 ... LastLast
Results 132,441 to 132,460 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    The Lesser Grail, which had a hole gouged into it, was sealed in a small room within the gardens, where the concept of ‘up and down’ didn’t exist, and was continuously leaking out prana. No matter how many times the souls of Servant entered it, they would keep leaking out from the hole. But the leaked souls were unable to follow gravity in the room, and so they continued to be absorbed into the Lesser Grail and leak out again from the hole in an endless cycle.
    The lesser grail exists in Apo. It was just apparently sitting by the Greater Grail or otherwise easily accessible so the Red Faction could also steal it and never really mentioned aside from one scene.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    The lesser grail exists in Apo. It was just apparently sitting by the Greater Grail or otherwise easily accessible so the Red Faction could also steal it and never really mentioned aside from one scene.
    This pretty much, as it is in Apo Amakusa drilled a hole into it so the HS souls would leak out then would immediately suck back in until it leaked out again. This was to prevent the Grail from automatically starting when enough souls were put into so that Amakusa could have time hacking into the Greater Grail.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Speaking of Grails, I've got a question.

What exactly is the nature and purpose of the lesser grail?

In Apocrypha, its shown that the greater grail can function just fine without a lesser grail, so my previous thought that the lesser grail was a sort of interface seems to be incorrect.

I'll admit I'm not wholly up to date on all my fate stuff, so perhaps I'm missing a key explanation somewhere, so can somebody please fill me in?
    The Grails have different functions depending whether you're attempting to manifest a gate to the Outside of the World or if you're aiming for the Third Magic.
    So which one are you asking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can the Grail give more Magic Circuits so you could actually have enough to keep your servant around? Ie: Sakura and Rider
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Having more magic circuits doesn't do much for something like that. That'd be like saying I'mma put out this wildfire with my hose that has a wider spray head

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    You don't really need to do that anyways, you could probably the sixth magic or some similar method, as my under standing is you can wish for anything, but if you yourself don't have a method to achieve said goal then the wish will back fire using a method you do know, for example krirtsusgu wich would have lead to mass murder or something like that. From what I under stand you don't need to know how to use the method your self you just need to have a method to achieve the results, you can't just wish from salvation, for example just wish to give your servant a body or something, or I could be very wrong and if so, could somone please educate me on the finer details of wishes and how the grail grants them.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    You don't really need to do that anyways, you could probably the sixth magic or some similar method, as my under standing is you can wish for anything, but if you yourself don't have a method to achieve said goal then the wish will back fire using a method you do know, for example krirtsusgu wich would have lead to mass murder or something like that. From what I under stand you don't need to know how to use the method your self you just need to have a method to achieve the results, you can't just wish from salvation, for example just wish to give your servant a body or something, or I could be very wrong and if so, could somone please educate me on the finer details of wishes and how the grail grants them.
    Literally nothing is known about the Sixth Magic at this point. Where are you even getting this stuff? And the wishes backfiring was because of Angra Mainyu's corruption; it had nothing to do with how the Grail was supposed to work.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    And the wishes backfiring was because of Angra Mainyu's corruption; it had nothing to do with how the Grail was supposed to work.
    he's not wrong but he's not right
    “I do believe Uncle is correct… ultimately, the Holy Grail is just a massive pool of energy. It certainly will be enough to grant most wishes. It is possible for it to bypass all theories and processes, and bring about only results. In the opposite manner, however, any wish it is capable of granting requires a process to omit.”

Coming to a realization, Sieg asked Jeanne.

“But then… isn’t it meaningless to wish for the salvation of humanity?”

“In such a case, yes. For example, if you simply asked the Holy Grail to ‘save mankind’, it would cease to function as long as the wisher did not possess some concrete idea of what procedures that would entail. A wish is a wish, it requires a set course to reach its conclusion.”

“And what if this Shirou does have a concrete idea? Regardless of whether it would truly lead to salvation?”

Jeanne swallowed her breath as Sieg hit the weak point in the logic.

“If so… then I believe the Holy Grail will carry it out.”

“But how could such a method exist?”

Caules shook his head at Fiore’s words.

“I don’t think that’s the problem here. The issue is, what if this Shirou believed strongly enough that his method was enough to save humanity?”

“But…”

Fiore tilted her head in confusion.

“Do you see, Master? The Holy Grail is not able to fulfill desires for which the wisher himself knew of no way of being carried out. In reverse, the Grail can act when the wisher does possess such a concept. The worry is that the ‘method’ chosen by him will be one that brings disaster upon mankind.”

Without some solid form of implementation, there would be no further concerns. However, provided Shirou Kotomine was in possession of such a thing – even if the majority of humanity would believe it to be mistaken – the Holy Grail would most likely activate.

“So that’s it, then? Let’s say there’s a man who wishes that he’s the best Magus in the entire world. In his mind, that meant every Magi better than him ought to be dead. Are you saying that the Holy Grail would go ahead and do it for him?”
    a wish requires a how you're going to make that wish happen.
    This isn't a backfire, just a problem. If you don't know how you're going to make the wish happen, the wish can't happen.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It also kinda shows off on how Kiritsugu was told by the grail how it would be fulfilled (and how it was flawed) as the only way he can imagine it being fulfilled- is the analogy of the boat

Kill the few to save the many

Kiritsugu was horrified as he was told the Grail could fulfill even things he couldn't imagine.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

US Friend Code
    he's not wrong but he's not right

a wish requires a how you're going to make that wish happen.
    This isn't a backfire, just a problem. If you don't know how you're going to make the wish happen, the wish can't happen.
    True, but with Angra's influence the grail would default to the most destructive option to fufil the wish anyway.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes but that's just dramatic irony and Angra even pointing out that he lines up so suitably for All the Evils of the World. Kiritsugu just so happens to suck so much as a human being that he's actually just a Some of the Evils of the World. Part of the irony here is that even if it weren't tainted, Kiritsugu would still be boned.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Silly Kerry, if he'd just talked to Acht about his goals he could've told him about the Third/Perfect Immortality for all mankind plan the Einzbern have going

Which still would have failed because he'd have gotten the timelined culled but oh well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Silly Kerry, if he'd just talked to Acht about his goals he could've told him about the Third/Perfect Immortality for all mankind plan the Einzbern have going
    its okay to be scared of your Monolith AI Foreman-in-law

I wonder if the Einzberns Tuner and Kiritsugu ever had a relationship

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    its okay to be scared of your Monolith AI Foreman-in-law

I wonder if the Einzberns Tuner and Kiritsugu ever had a relationship
    This just made me think of Kiritsugu ordering Custom options for the Build-A-Waifu they offered him.

US Friend Code
    So is Dantes an example of a fictional person ingrained in the Throne of Heroes, or is he a real historical figure who had a book written about him later like (if I understood London right) Jekyll was?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So is Dantes an example of a fictional person ingrained in the Throne of Heroes, or is he a real historical figure who had a book written about him later like (if I understood London right) Jekyll was?
    I'm pretty sure he's a real person Dumas encountered.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    He's so real he killed Roa.
    Well shit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    He's so real he killed Roa.
    Is Roa a real person?