Page 6641 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 56416141654165916631663666396640664166426643664666516691674171417641 ... LastLast
Results 132,801 to 132,820 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the question of who gets to up their MR if they have a Master with sufficient magical energy is an interesting and endless debate
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

IIRC Karna got A rank MR in Extella but C in all his other appearances as well

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I think Gilgamesh had a higher Magic Resistance with Tokiomi as his Master, too.
    I think it's because, if Salter is any indication, mud bath is bad for your MR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I think it's because, if Salter is any indication, mud bath is bad for your MR.
    Hm, good point!

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    I'm still bothered that GO Saber has the same stats as Extella Saber, but GO Gil doesn't have the same stats as Tokiomi!Gil or Extraverse Gil (whose parameters are the same) and has Kotomine!Gil's stuff instead, including the A+ Independent Action.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    go stats are p bad sometimes
    inb4 stats are bad
    inb4 go is bad
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do we know how exactly Saber lost Caliburn? I don't think it's been specified what exactly happened beyond "lost it forever" and "Morgan had to do with it" but maybe I'm forgetting something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Do we know how exactly Saber lost Caliburn? I don't think it's been specified what exactly happened beyond "lost it forever" and "Morgan had to do with it" but maybe I'm forgetting something.
    so caliburn was Saber's set of training wheels when she got good and broke the sword that signaled to Merlin it was time to give her Excalibur
    The Morgan thing was with Avalon

My guess is when she was fighting Pellainore as in the myth she ended up becoming a true king, like shonen power up mid-battle. Like for instance Ichigo vs Ulquiorra is the only thing that comes to mind right now. That act of desperation or what not ended up breaking Caliburn and firing that Excaliblast level attack ending the fight.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    so caliburn was Saber's set of training wheels when she got good and broke the sword that signaled to Merlin it was time to give her Excalibur
    The Morgan thing was with Avalon

My guess is when she was fighting Pellainore as in the myth she ended up becoming a true king, like shonen power up mid-battle. Like for instance Ichigo vs Ulquiorra is the only thing that comes to mind right now. That act of desperation or what not ended up breaking Caliburn and firing that Excaliblast level attack ending the fight.
    Thank You, the possibility of the fight with Pellinore really be the reason is why I asked, good to know it's possible and that the Morgan thing was with Avalon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pellinore's been mentioned twice as far as i know
    once in camelot about being the special member of the knights of the round
    and once in fragments when Arthur was commenting on how Hyde had the same nature as the Questing Beast

i have never been able to fully understand what saint graphs are. would anyone care to help me?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i call it atomic structure, spiritual version
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    i have never been able to fully understand what saint graphs are. would anyone care to help me?
    Saint Graphs are the body of the Servant, it's container for it's soul. It's literally there forms. Like how humans have a body made of flesh and blood, Servants have one made of ether and magic energy, which Is called a Saint Graph. That's how I understand it anyhow.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

As the others said, it's their body, or the container rather. If everything that makes up the servant (history, NPs, other soul-stuff) is the water, then the saint graph is the cup which holds it.
    And just like a regular cup, these saint graphs can vary greatly depending on whose it is and if it's been modified or whatever, but its base function will always remain to be that of a cup.

(paraphrased explanation courtesy of You whose post I can't find atm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    As the others said, it's their body, or the container rather. If everything that makes up the servant (history, NPs, other soul-stuff) is the water, then the saint graph is the cup which holds it.
    And just like a regular cup, these saint graphs can vary greatly depending on whose it is and if it's been modified or whatever, but its base function will always remain to be that of a cup.

(paraphrased explanation courtesy of You whose post I can't find atm)
    its more the container for a Servant rather than the body.
    like if the lore of the Servant (records, NPs, whatever) is water, then the saint graph is like the cup.
    depending on the Servant in question these can be big cups, small cups, two cups, ceramic cups, solo cups, etc

that's as apt as i can get
    I didn't really understand it until I read this. Thanks You.

- - - Updated - - -

She was in that bad of that of a spot?
    Last edited by Laserman; March 31st, 2018 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

many thanks. i also believed that it was their body and its structure, but i kept feeling like i was missing something

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That cup analogy isn't right or at least outdated now we know more.
    Because your saint graph holds information like memories.

So first of all Saint Graph is a general term.
    Pretty much everything has a Saint Graph, be it the spirit of a dead dog, to Elementals, to Servants, to Divine Spirits, to Beasts.
    And what it is, is more what castor said like an atomic structure but with other stuff added in too, including memories.
    Because when you analyze and save a Saint Graph so it can be summoned, the Servant you summon ends up retaining their memories.
    So it might be better to say a Saint Graph or rather the scan of a Saint Graph is like a current incarnation, a save state in an emulator rather than a save file.
    For example Iskander in Extella would have a mildly different Saint Graph than Iskander from Zero. But they would still both have a Isakander Saint Graph.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    She was in that bad of that of a spot?
    In the"original" stories, Arthur loses to Pellinore and has to be saved by Merlin.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; March 31st, 2018 at 02:25 PM.

That cup analogy isn't right or at least outdated now we know more.
    Because your saint graph holds information like memories.

So first of all Saint Graph is a general term.
    Pretty much everything has a Saint Graph, be it the spirit of a dead dog, to Elementals, to Servants, to Divine Spirits, to Beasts.
    And what it is, is more what castor said like an atomic structure but with other stuff added in too, including memories.
    Because when you analyze and save a Saint Graph so it can be summoned, the Servant you summon ends up retaining their memories.
    So it might be better to say a Saint Graph or rather the scan of a Saint Graph is like a current incarnation, a save state in an emulator rather than a save file.
    For example Iskander in Extella would have a mildly different Saint Graph than Iskander from Zero. But they would still both have a Isakander Saint Graph.

wow

with all that information, i am having some difficulties separating the function of saint graphs from the function of souls, since those are also able to function as a save file (also, i dont kmow what a save state is and what are its differences from a save file, since i have never used an emulator)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    wow

with all that information, i am having some difficulties separating the function of saint graphs from the function of souls, since those are also able to function as a save file (also, i dont kmow what a save state is and what are its differences from a save file, since i have never used an emulator)
    the soul for a Heroic Spirit is like a book
    when you summon a Servant you make a copy of a single or a few pages
    Those pages and the paper that its written on are your Saint Graph.
    Last edited by You; March 31st, 2018 at 03:55 PM.