Page 6643 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 56436143654365936633663866416642664366446645664866536693674371437643 ... LastLast
Results 132,841 to 132,860 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Yeah but humans don't normally take a supernatural quality in tales, those mostly comes from those who in TM would be consider Heroic Spirits. Wolves on the other hand were seen as more mystical and otherworldly, like everyother common enough animal that didn't interact with humans much really.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

do we have any idea of when the original fate apocrypha project was envisioned and how much info on it was made public at the time?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Yeah, thath

its not about God Hand, its about how Servant cannot get hurt by nonMystery means

Inb4 homunculus wolves
    the fate zero drama CD notes that there are evil spirits with the wolves in the forest.
    My guess would be either 1. the evil spirits possess the wolves or 2. the wolves have been around the evil spirits for so long they have some amount of mystery because in HA, one of the rin mansion cleaning scenes i believe, it talks about if you say keep a book in a place with magical energy for long enough it can eventually gain magical properties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Yes, Nero used it to gain Golden Rule and Kenjutsu in CCC.
    But that's never noted to be "at the same time" it's just two skills she happens to have in the gameplay menu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Maybe wolves are just inherently mystical, for whatever reason?

I mean, probably not but I could definitely see it being a thing. Wolves have some pretty big roles in myth and folklore, mostly because they're one of the big historical man-eaters in Europe. The Big Bad Wolf is an archetype for a reason, basically, and then you have shit like Romulus and Remus' wolf-mom and Lobo and I don't know what.
    most animals are inherently mystical though
    like elephants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Can you Imperial Privilege more than one skill at a time?
    second answer
    to a varying effect maybe?
    ROMA is constantly sealing his Divinity but he procs other skills fine.
    But maybe that's because he's ROMA? or maybe that's IP EX?
    It's a more difficult question that I thought at first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    do we have any idea of when the original fate apocrypha project was envisioned and how much info on it was made public at the time?
    information came out with cmIV which was 2011. It was a complete out of the blue thing, so it probably never got past the planning stages.
    Most of the info was released in the interview that came with CMIV. There have been bits and pieces from the GO interviews and Apo itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I forget the exact details of it, but Cleo can't use IP to let herself ride her snek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

this may be getting a bit philosophical, but how exactly does the completion of all tasks regarding your existence end up leading to your erasure from the throne?

i would have figured that it would have just lead to everyone forgetting you existed and no one would summon you or make use of your legacy, but you would still be on the throne, in some fashion

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    this may be getting a bit philosophical, but how exactly does the completion of all tasks regarding your existence end up leading to your erasure from the throne?

i would have figured that it would have just lead to everyone forgetting you existed and no one would summon you or make use of your legacy, but you would still be on the throne, in some fashion
    it's viewed as a release rather than an erasure

- - - Updated - - -

existing is suffering etc buddhism stuff
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Heroic Spirits inherently are beings that are tasked with serving humanity. Can't do anything when you're done.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the fate zero drama CD notes that there are evil spirits with the wolves in the forest.
    My guess would be either 1. the evil spirits possess the wolves or 2. the wolves have been around the evil spirits for so long they have some amount of mystery because in HA, one of the rin mansion cleaning scenes i believe, it talks about if you say keep a book in a place with magical energy for long enough it can eventually gain magical properties.
    Makes sense.
    Id buy either explanations.

Evil wolves.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    I heard some of the yet untranslated parts of Case Files give us information about FSN-timeline Caules and Fiore. Anything memorable?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    most animals are inherently mystical though
    like elephants
    Hannibal likes you.
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Does anyone know the source for true demons being the 6th imaginary aspect? I vaguely remember reading it in either Stay Night or Hollow Ataraxia but my memory seems unreliable. Trying to find the exact source and scene.

It's mentioned randomly in the F/SN prologue:

...But it seems the Holy Grail has its limits too.
    Even the Holy Grail cannot indiscriminately call unto the spirit-like beings.
    Just as a form invented by humans is required for the imaginary sixth element, known as the devil, to take form, the heroic spirits also need a form to live in this world.
    That form is their temporary name, and the way the exist in this world.
    then again by Caren in HA:

"In terms of strength, it would be among the weak. But there is one thing different about it, and that is throwing me off. ...I mean, this demon is harsh with me."

"What? Doesn't it go without saying that demons are harsh?"

"No. As a rule demons are gentle. Regardless of the result, they are the Imaginary Element that understands one's pain and attempts to remove it. Depending on perspective, one can view them as allies to humans. No matter what happens, they do not rebuke a human."

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    "Demons want to take away humanity's pain"? Huh. Is this a Monkey's Paw sort of thing, where they take away the original cause for the pain but in the process create some unforeseen horrific consequence?

Perhaps humans need pain in order to live properly

but lets not get into that

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People with this disorder are very likely to injure themselves in ways that would normally be prevented by feeling pain. For example, a patient could burn themselves severely and not even notice. The main features of the disorder are lack of pain sensation, painless injuries of the arms, legs, and oral structures, hyperthermia during hot weather because of inability to sweat, syndromic intellectual disability as a result of hyperthermia, infection and scarring of the tongue, lips and gums, chronic infections of bones and joints, bone fractures, multiple scars, osteomyelitis and joint deformities, which may lead to amputation. Other common problems are eye related, such as infection due to the sufferers rubbing them too hard, too frequently or scratching them during sleep.

CIPA sufferers have to live an extremely cautious life, incorporating numerous controls as part of their daily routine. Every morning it will be necessary to check for bruises, scratches or other injuries that might have taken place during sleeping hours, as it is very common for CIPA patients to injure themselves unknowingly. Temperature measuring must be done constantly, as well as urination control, by setting alarms or other reminders. If any kind of accident is suffered, regardless of its type and severity, CIPA patients must go through a thorough check for compromising injuries. At young ages, permanent surveillance is vital. A lack of awareness of the extreme dangers this condition represents condemns the infant to a complete lack of tools against risk and harmful situations. There are several other procedures a CIPA patient has to undergo in order to live a safe life.
    tldr pain is an important 'stop doing that' signal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    "Demons want to take away humanity's pain"? Huh. Is this a Monkey's Paw sort of thing, where they take away the original cause for the pain but in the process create some unforeseen horrific consequence?
    I mean, technically speaking, the demon king Goetia and the demon pillars also want just that, kinda.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you dont exist, you wouldnt feel pain!
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Caren states this
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Ataraxia
    "Those who are possessed are often virtuous men.
    Their minds erroded by demons who enter them, they disparage the teachings of God and they terrorise those around them.

Not by direct violence, but by showing them what raw, ugly creatures humans become just by being stripped of reason."
    Last edited by AnoniMauuss; April 3rd, 2018 at 01:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I heard some of the yet untranslated parts of Case Files give us information about FSN-timeline Caules and Fiore. Anything memorable?
    fiore left unexpectedly
    ppl were mad
    there was an attempt on Caules' life

US Friend Code
    fiore left unexpectedly
    ppl were mad
    there was an attempt on Caules' life
    I didn't think Forvedge would be big enough to try to kill someone in it.
    huh

Thanks You.