Page 6648 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 56486148654865986638664366466647664866496650665366586698674871487648 ... LastLast
Results 132,941 to 132,960 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm new enough that FGO already existed when I first read Fate/Stay Night, so that doesn't really affect me

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Do you really want to hear about how Nasu is the prime instigator and chief offender of this radical franchising that has so divided the fanbase the recent years though?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

It all began with a game called Fate/Extra, which would later come to be known as 'the original sin'...

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm new enough that FGO already existed when I first read Fate/Stay Night, so that doesn't really affect me
    I've been reading old threads and it's surprising to me how hostile people used to be to anyone but Nasu writing stuff. Even just a couple years ago there seemed to be a common thought process that if Nasu didn't write it it was fanfiction.

Like you said, by the time I got really invested in the franchise it had already been using multiple authors for a while so it's what I've always known.

Blog Entries
    It all began with a game called Fate/Extra, which would later come to be known as 'the original sin'...
    They were already selling out when they went corporate to make Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I've been reading old threads and it's surprising to me how hostile people used to be to anyone but Nasu writing stuff. Even just a couple years ago there seemed to be a common thought process that if Nasu didn't write it it was fanfiction.

Like you said, by the time I got really invested in the franchise it had already been using multiple authors for a while so it's what I've always known.
    The idea of a 'base' Nasuverse - a kind of groundwork out of which AUs and spinoffs are created - is something that people who where introduced to TM at a time when those AUs and spinoffs abounded aren't likely to have. This is an observation, not a comment on whether people who have it are better than those that don't, because the perception of TM works as a whole for the two groups is different. The sentiment that something new is fanfiction ie. too removed from or low quality compared to the 'original' Nasuverse is the product of a comparative mindset that presupposes this idea of fundamental and derivative works; someone who doesn't have that notion - again, practical observation - doesn't view TM content in the same way. Which is good for them, because they don't become bitter old fucks ranting about how everything is shit.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    people would be blaming Nasu too much in the AU regard, if they actually do that at all imo
    like from interviews we know that Uro and Takeuchi had a hand on pushing him to that direction
    Last edited by castor212; April 11th, 2018 at 12:09 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

They were already selling out when they went corporate to make Fate
    the only artist is a starving one

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    nasu should've just worked for exposure
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Which is good for them, because they don't become bitter old fucks ranting about how everything is shit.
    I wonder what Type Moon will look like when the current generation of fans bitterly rants about the good old days of Fate/Grand Order when the franchise was still pure

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh God in Heaven no
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    smh fgo was good back in 2018 before it had all this tsukihime crossover bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    btw was "Casters tend to use small amount of maryoku quantity" ever came up before
    It was mentioned by Da Vinci as the reason Kadoc's servant was one. I can't think of any other time, but it makes sense for Casters to take up less mana considering they don't use it all at once for a big NP.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    btw was "Casters tend to use small amount of maryoku quantity" ever came up before
    The idea is that Casters are less likely to be completely dependent on the Master for mana.

Is there a list of all or most of the inconsistencies and whatnot between FSN and F/Z that lead to them being like "just think of it as a slightly different timeline"?
    I'm certain this has been asked before but can't find anything through search.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    One of the inconsistencies was the Artoria/Gil last fight from what I remember
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Another Paracelsus question after my Philosopher's Stone question the other day. How does his NP's non-beamu effect work? If I understand right, it can absorb and neutralize curses?

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Is there a list of all or most of the inconsistencies and whatnot between FSN and F/Z that lead to them being like "just think of it as a slightly different timeline"?
    I'm certain this has been asked before but can't find anything through search.
    Saber vs Archer in the sea of flames, Saber witnessing Kiritsugu shoot Kotomine, Kotomine claiming that Kiritsugu defeated most of the Masters in the HGW, Saber claiming Kiritsugu only spoke to her three times, Illya saying he left her and her mother behind. Half are figurative and half a result of moving the final fight to the batcave.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Another Paracelsus question after my Philosopher's Stone question the other day. How does his NP's non-beamu effect work? If I understand right, it can absorb and neutralize curses?
    It's a magic supercomputer for magic pretty much, able to analyze anything magical and provide solutions.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    There was also some inconsistency as to whether the Fuyuki fire was caused by Kirei wishing for Saber and Kiritsugu to be separated or by Kerry trying and failing to use it, although in that case it's also Fate route being inconsistent with the rest of the VN (not the only time either). Unless I'm remembering wrong and Kirei was speaking figuratively.