Page 6653 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 56536153655366036643664866516652665366546655665866636703675371537653 ... LastLast
Results 133,041 to 133,060 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    It doesn't really make sense that Shirou can go and trade blows with people 40 times stronger than him because the sword knows how to, but he does it anyway and the only downside is that he needs to take a bit of a break after doing things that logically should have broken every bone in his body.

EMIYA's body is far stronger than Shirou's and so that '40' is more like 2-3 times so logically EMIYA should be far less strained than Shirou.

In the case of Comet, like I said it's not that EMIYA is copying Comet but that he's copying the speed of the spear which has the history of being used with Comet.
    You're forgetting that Shirou doing that either had Avalon to recover all of his wounds or it didn't matter because SWORDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh so thats what youre saying

mm thats more believable, of less practical

like, comet speed is leg strength in terms of running
    that means projecting the speed of the spear being used equals mostly the spear not being swung around, just dashing in 1 direction, and he cant do anything else in that direction

then again, i suppose its the same case with nlbw in that it would not have work against normal zerkHerc with mind's eye because its a set movement

still, i still dont buy he can copy comet speed to its fullest
    seeing that projection is never perfect, even if its emiya's
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Also, Dromeus Kometes is more than just a skill, it's an embodiment of Achilles' legend of being the swiftest of all. Archer may be able to copy the first part, but not the second one.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    oh so thats what youre saying

mm thats more believable, of less practical

like, comet speed is leg strength in terms of running
    that means projecting the speed of the spear being used equals mostly the spear not being swung around, just dashing in 1 direction, and he cant do anything else in that direction

then again, i suppose its the same case with nlbw in that it would not have work against normal zerkHerc with mind's eye because its a set movement

still, i still dont buy he cant copy comet speed to its fullest or without body breaking
    seeing that projection is never perfect, even if its emiya's
    Practicality was not what i was going for, EMIYA's own skill is considerable enough that I can't see many situations where letting a sword drag him around without any user input would be a better option. Shirou only gets away with it because he doesn't have those skills as an option.

I don't really know how the copying movement with the spear would work since they seem pretty reactive but it seems to be pretty flexible. Remember that HF Shirou was able to get the technique for Crane Realm by reading K&B which wasn't just a sword technique but also mixed together archery and tracing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You're forgetting that Shirou doing that either had Avalon to recover all of his wounds or it didn't matter because SWORDS.
    Are you saying that EMIYA is less SWORDS than Shirou?

Blog Entries
    because when Achilles have to spin around the spear, he doesnt go comet speed (because doing that short range is actually detrimental)

k&b is believable because they actually once moved like that but not the spear

JP Friend Code
    because when Achilles have to spin around the spear, he doesnt go comet speed (because doing that short range is actually detrimental)

k&b is believable because they actually once moved like that but not the spear
    I don't get what you mean by Achilles spin around the spear? Are you saying that he doesn't use the spear and comet at the same time?

Blog Entries
    as in trading blows with other opponent

comet is running speed, not limb movement speed

so far we've seen him, comet is for approaching his enemy, not being used when the blows are happening

- - - Updated - - -

basically, projecting the speed of the spear for close combat melee usage would give him normal achilles speed, which while is fast already, not comet speed, because trading blows isnt dash sprint

US Friend Code
    So basically Achilles got a crazy movement speed thanks to that NP, but doesn't get any additional dex modifier for swinging his spear other than his Agi. That's pretty much it right, tho I think the NP is really useful for charges where he can build up momentum.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    as in trading blows with other opponent

comet is running speed, not limb movement speed

so far we've seen him, comet is for approaching his enemy, not being used when the blows are happening

- - - Updated - - -

basically, projecting the speed of the spear for close combat melee usage would give him normal achilles speed, which while is fast already, not comet speed, because trading blows isnt dash sprint
    Okay, It's not like he copying the 'attacks', it's more how the weapon 'remembers' it should be able to move. So I suppose if Achilles used comet while holding the spear then the spear should remember moving at those speeds?

But yeah if the spear doesn't have the 'memory' of attacking at comet speeds then it should be a normal speed attack.

Blog Entries
    Project Achilles’ spear for ultra fast sniping when it flies out of your hand at comet speed the second it appears

マリーの味方
    Why doesn't EMIYA just use the memories of a weapon from Gil's vault? By accessing that history he should be able to enter the vault like the weapon and steal everything. Really makes u think

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    You just can’t say these things that you know people will try to do

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's you, the person who believes that Archer is the BEST and can beat EVERYONE blindfolded and with both hands tied behind his back while you furiously fellate him.

Please stop doing this 'Could Emiya do X?' questions, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    So basically Achilles got a crazy movement speed thanks to that NP, but doesn't get any additional dex modifier for swinging his spear other than his Agi. That's pretty much it right, tho I think the NP is really useful for charges where he can build up momentum.
    An easier way to look at this is that you make categories for speed. Running speed, reaction speed, attack speed. Running speed = moving around the battelfield on foot, this is when comet NP is in effect. Reaction speed is how quick you react to attacks and such, and skills like Mind Eye, Instinct and those alike can play big factor in this. Attack speed is how fast your attacks can be and your fighting style should be the most important factor. There is a possibility that these 3 speeds can be the same for a character, but most of the time they are not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Why doesn't EMIYA just use the memories of a weapon from Gil's vault? By accessing that history he should be able to enter the vault like the weapon and steal everything. Really makes u think
    Most of Gil's weapons are only prototypes for the ones actually used by heroes. As far as we know they spent most of their existence in his vault.

If you're asking why he doesn't use the memories of one GoB weapon to trace all of them, I don't think he'd be able to fully trace a weapon from something like that. Also he should already have several thousand weapons traced from seeing Gil swordspam.

Truthfully though Emiya's ability to use a weapon's memory isn't that well developed and he certainly doesn't use it as much as you would think. Even ignoring using it for general melee, there's stuff like Nine Lives.

Been a while since we got some good ol' Emiya wanking to infinity and beyond tbh

What's next ? You're gonna tell me some random fanfic out there having Emiya tracing Ionian Hetairoi as canon ?

Blog Entries
    how would a mental interference affect a Berserker?

to say it more concretely, with Herc as the example, Bravery's skill is negated by ME, so no mental interference negation.

But how would a mental interference affect a Berserker to begin with? Say, a confusion spell. In what way it would affect Herc's action?

US Friend Code
    I think mental interference doesn't affect Berserkers from what I remember. I know that Mata Hat's NP doesn't work on Berserker and I think there was some other cases but I don't remember what so I could be wrong
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here