Page 6655 of 6963 FirstFirst ... 565561556555660566456650665366546655665666576660666567056755 ... LastLast
Results 133,081 to 133,100 of 139242

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

  1. #133081
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,556
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Because what you perceive as obvious sounds like wank.

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  2. #133082
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Because what you perceive as obvious sounds like wank.
    Are you denying that Shirou gets in sword fights against servants and does much better than he has any right to?
    Or that EMIYA is generally better at sword stuff than Shirou?
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  3. #133083
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,556
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Yes, when you bring up those out of context to wank.

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  4. #133084
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Yes, when you bring up those out of context to wank.
    Why is it wank?
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  5. #133085
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,540
    Because the only time Shirou ever defeated a Servant in hand-to-hand combat was against Gilgamesh in UBW, where he had massive conditional modifiers on his side. He only survived Lancer in his house by a combination of sheer dumb luck and Lancer just not putting in enough effort.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  6. #133086
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Because the only time Shirou ever defeated a Servant in hand-to-hand combat was against Gilgamesh in UBW, where he had massive conditional modifiers on his side. He only survived Lancer in his house by a combination of sheer dumb luck and Lancer just not putting in enough effort.
    I'm not talking about defeating servants, I'm talking about Shirou reacting with servant level capabilities by following his projected weapons. When I use that information to say that EMIYA could do the same thing on a smaller scale and ratio, I am said to be taking things out of context and wanking.
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  7. #133087
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,540
    "Servant-level capabilities"? He barely kept up with Kuzuki!
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  8. #133088
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    "Servant-level capabilities"? He barely kept up with Kuzuki!
    Herc and Gil in the Fate Route?
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  9. #133089
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,039
    JP Friend Code
    618,707,414
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    "Servant-level capabilities"? He barely kept up with Kuzuki!
    Not that I'm getting into the debate, but he wasn't tracing stats from any weapon then. Also Shirou improved after fighting Archer.

  10. #133090
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Herc and Gil in the Fate Route?
    His fight against Gilgamesh is actually a perfect example of him not being up to Servant level: he's replicating skills, but not strength, speed or stamina. Not only is he forced to go entirely on the defensive (while fighting someone who explicitly isn't a master of hand-to-hand combat), he's being battered because his body can't keep up.

    Also, both against Herakles and in the final strike against Gilgamesh in the bridge, Saber was wielding the sword.

    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Not that I'm getting into the debate, but he wasn't tracing stats from any weapon then. Also Shirou improved after fighting Archer.
    Shirou had already been drawing on Archer's skills for quite a while both times he fought Kuzuki.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; April 17th, 2018 at 10:58 AM.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

  11. #133091
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    His fight against Gilgamesh is actually a perfect example of him not being up to Servant level: he's replicating skills, but not strength, speed or stamina. Not only is he forced to go entirely on the defensive (while fighting someone who explicitly isn't a master of hand-to-hand combat), he's being battered because his body can't keep up.

    Also, both against Herakles and in the final strike against Gilgamesh in the bridge, Saber was wielding the sword.



    Shirou had already been drawing on Archer's skills for quite a while both times he fought Kuzuki.
    Nope, skill alone doesn't let a normal human block blows from Hercules and Gilgamesh which Shirou does without help from Saber.
    The sword blocks the numerous blows smashing madly…!


    "…!"
    But this is it.
    I'm tossed away.
    As soon as my consciousness returns, the sword must have left everything in my hands.
    I am easily thrown away by the attacks I was easily blocking until now.


    I instantly block the attack swung at me!
    "! You!"
    I sway my body to the side to avoid the attack.
    "!!"
    But I'm not fast enough.
    If the first attack was a sudden gust, the next barrage of attacks is a raging wind.
    "Hakuh, guh…!"
    Parrying is all I can do.
    No, I wouldn't even have been able to block the first attack by myself.

    So the sword reacts to his attacks before my hands do.
    I swing to follow the sword, and as a result, I can block his attacks.


    It doesn't last long because Shirou is still a human but he is still clearly acting at servant levels.
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  12. #133092
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,556
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Being able to block servant's attacks with help by the sword's experience is not equal to him being servant level when you consider literally every other aspects of a servant's power kit he is missing. But then again I don't know what your definition for servant level is or if you even categorize them like I do, because in my ranking his performance is of low tier (E~D rank) servant, kinda similar to 1 tail Tamamo whose base stats are as weak as a human but can keep up with strong servants for a period of time when fighting defensively.

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  13. #133093
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30,978
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    His criteria is that Shirou and Archer are top tier because they blew up Herk and Gil, and thus could totally own Karna, Ozy, and so on.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  14. #133094
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Being able to block servant's attacks with help by the sword's experience is not equal to him being servant level when you consider literally every other aspects of a servant's power kit he is missing. But then again I don't know what your definition for servant level is or if you even categorize them like I do, because in my ranking his performance is of low tier (E~D rank) servant, kinda similar to 1 tail Tamamo whose base stats are as weak as a human but can keep up with strong servants for a period of time when fighting defensively.
    Alright let me hand-hold you through basic reasoning.

    Can you admit that Shirou can achieve physical feats far exceeding what his body should be capable of?
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  15. #133095
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,556
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    That is not basic reasoning, that is you trying to lead me into agreeing with your wank. So no I won't answer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    His criteria is that Shirou and Archer are top tier because they blew up Herk and Gil, and thus could totally own Karna, Ozy, and so on.
    Ohhhhhhhh...

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  16. #133096
    O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,461
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Being able to block servant's attacks with help by the sword's experience is not equal to him being servant level when you consider literally every other aspects of a servant's power kit he is missing. But then again I don't know what your definition for servant level is or if you even categorize them like I do, because in my ranking his performance is of low tier (E~D rank) servant, kinda similar to 1 tail Tamamo whose base stats are as weak as a human but can keep up with strong servants for a period of time when fighting defensively.
    tldr from this paragraph is that sword memory reaction while semi being dragged with the sword =/= moving as badass or freely as a servant

    right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    but Shirou achieving physical feats far exceeding what his body should be capable of does not necessarily mean Shirou achieving Servant level capabilities tho
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  17. #133097
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,215
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    That is not basic reasoning, that is you trying to lead me into agreeing with your wank. So no I won't answer.
    I am trying to gently guide you step by step. If I say something that is incorrect or illogical, feel free to point it out.

    Now, is it true that Shirou Emiya, the protagonist of Fate/ Stay Night, has on occasion achieved physical feats far exceeding that of a normal human.
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

  18. #133098
    Oh Christ. Not this shit again. Could we skip to the gay pics being spammed, please? I think it was even the exact same people getting involved in the "discussion".

  19. #133099
    At this point all this EMIYA stuff should just have its own thread tbh, it's so far removed from the question at hand.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Oh Christ. Not this shit again. Could we skip to the gay pics being spammed, please? I think it was even the exact same people getting involved in the "discussion".
    something something history repeats itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.
    Heaven's Feel Manga Archive

  20. #133100
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,039
    JP Friend Code
    618,707,414
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Shirou had already been drawing on Archer's skills for quite a while both times he fought Kuzuki.
    But he hadn't gotten as much skill as he did after fighting Archer, at that point he was just replicating Archer's movements.

    Truthfully though I don't see why blocking Servant's attacks wouldn't be considered a Servant level feat. Not Hercules level or anything, but above what some low level Servants could accomplish.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •