Page 6702 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 57026202660266526692669767006701670267036704670767126752680272027702 ... LastLast
Results 134,021 to 134,040 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Does "wounds from Gae Bolg don't heal" apply to every single little attack made with it or only the attacks when its true name is invoked?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC the reason Lancer dies in UBW is because he couldn't heal from the stabbing.

so the former probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This may be obvious, but I assume defensive barriers counts as bounded fields, right?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    if the kanji is kekkai then yes it should be kekkai.

Does Case Files say more about which Department belongs to which faction beyond IX being Dems and X being neutral?

TMwiki says 8-12-13 are aristocrats, 1 and 9 Dems, 2-4-6-10 neutral and the rest unknown
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also the department will change policy when if the Lord changes like the Minerology department changed from El-Melloi (Aristocrat) to Melastia (Neutral).
    Also even if the right now the only two departments we know of that are Dems are General Fundmentals and Creation, the Lords from that are both the heads of two of the big 3 families so they have a lot of sway.
    Which is why the Neutral faction is seen as the weakest, because it doesn't have a big 3 member.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

question. why did Archer not participate in the berserker fight at the start of the story except for the UBW route?

was it due to that blow to the neck that he had to escape from by turning into spirit form?

Blog Entries
    He was still trying to get saber’s boot out of his ass.

it was wedged up there pretty good so it took him a while.

Archer: I can’t believe someone with such tiny feet wears such large boots!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

ok, but didnt he turn into spirit form before the blade connected? how did he even take damage?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    ok, but didnt he turn into spirit form before the blade connected? how did he even take damage?
    Ghosts and people-who-should-be-ghosts can hurt other ghosts

Anyway, the divergence for HF was somewhere after the first fight, wasn't it? Something about walking Sakura home gently?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    He didn't go into spirit form until right as his head was about to be removed. Saber still hit him before that.

A sword rushes for me.

"Huh, Archer…?"
    Archer pushes me aside and the Servant slashes him.
    It happens in an instant.
    Archer, who handled Lancer's fury of attacks beautifully, has been taken down with one blow----

And then he's at home recovering.

"Tohsaka. Is your Servant okay?"

"Huh…?"

"Oh yeah. Archer is okay. …Though it doesn't seem like the damage caused by your Saber will heal fast, so I don't think I'll be able to materialize him for a while."
    "Then he's not with you right now?"

"No, he's taking shelter at my house right now. He'll be at a disadvantage if he was attacked by other Servants right now, so I'm making him stay ready at a place of strength."

Blog Entries
    Also IIRC there is some side material which notes that materialization improves a servant’s ability to effect and be effected by other spiritual bodies, but even dematerialized there is still some effect either way. In other words while saber didn’t bisect him because he got into spiritual form the blow would still deal damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night...43-P03-182.jpg

i was under the impression that she dematerialized him before it connected.
    i dont think that given a servant's speed that she would be able to enact the command in the time in between the flesh being cut and his head being severed.

Jack's original masrer couldnt even get a command in before his mouth was cut off

- - - Updated - - -

i think it makes more sense to interpret the text in the sense that he got hit once and that was a severe blow but she was going for a 2nd blow and that one was the one that was going to decapitate him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Also IIRC there is some side material which notes that materialization improves a servant’s ability to effect and be effected by other spiritual bodies, but even dematerialized there is still some effect either way. In other words while saber didn’t bisect him because he got into spiritual form the blow would still deal damage.
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night...43-P03-182.jpg

i was under the impression that she dematerialized him before it connected.
    i dont think that given a servant's speed that she would be able to enact the command in the time in between the flesh being cut and his head being severed.

Jack's original masrer couldnt even get a command in before his mouth was cut off

- - - Updated - - -

i think it makes more sense to interpret the text in the sense that he got hit once and that was a severe blow but she was going for a 2nd blow and that one was the one that was going to decapitate him
    , the effect is actually greater when the Servant is in spiritual form. actually if Saber hit Archer anytime he was in spiritual form he'd be dead
    Quote Originally Posted by strange fake
    Humph... So, a Master saw Saber on TV and decided to send in Assassin. We can't do anything physical to a Servant while it's in spirit form, but it's hard to imagine that it will stay that way for long.
    A Servant in spirit form was incapable of taking any offensive or defensive measures. If a Master or other mage possessed the means of attacking a spirit body, they ran the risk of being one-sidedly annihilated. Consequently, remaining in spirit form around hostile Servants and Masters was not a winning strategy. The moment required to rematerialize could also create a fatal opening in a battle of instants.
    When two Servants are in physical form their fight is based on "shaving" magical energy off of each other.
    When someone is in spiritual form your attack, assuming it can affect a spiritual body, basically directly affects the spiritual core.

- - - Updated - - -

Archer gets slashed -> Tohsaka makes the Command -> Saber raises her sword to deal the finishing blow -> Command Spell withdraws Archer from battle.
    Last edited by You; May 13th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

yes, that is pretty much what i was going for. i thought about that paragraph in strange fake and recently thought about archer's lack of participation in the berserker fight in the HF movie and was trying to cross validate the 2 scenes.

however, when i asked before on whether a servant could damage someone's spirit or soul through direct physical attacks, the reply was "no".

is there a difference between being able to harm a physical body nd harming a soul?

this kind of brings to mind the speech Gilles gave in the Monte Cristo event about breaking the finger's of Fujimura's soul

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Direct physical attacks are a no.

But attacks that are capable of attacking the soul that are physical in nature are still a yes.

since we are talking about servants, what would be the difference between the 2?

How this skill works:
    Affections of the Goddess
    ?