Page 6714 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 57146214661466646704670967126713671467156716671967246764681472147714 ... LastLast
Results 134,261 to 134,280 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I would expect them to be equal, but...
    Caenis said that lostbelt Ivan can even win in a brawl with her chief deity, which I think she's referring to Zeus, so Zeus is...not that impressive if you go that way. Tho I would wait for that 12000 BCE lostbelt to see what's up.
    Didnt Ivan make a large scale lightning storm and was nearly invulnerable to everyone's attacks? that doesnt sound bad considering the number of servants he was fighting

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Really? The god who constantly bragged in "The Illiad" about how he could defeat all Olympians together, and was right?

Interesting. But then, wouldn't she have been able to stop Susano-o's rampage over her lands, instead of just hiding away out of anger?

It wasn't bragging. Zeus is king of the gods by virtue of being both the eldest god and the scariest motherfucker in the room. With the exception of his brothers Pluto and Poseidon, with whom he at least had to compromise a bit when splitting the world, none of the other Olympians can stand up to him.

Granted, it helps that he fathered a considerable amount of them anyway.

I do not think Ivan is on the level of Zeus. Caenis must be referring to the main deity of the Kirschtaria team. Besides Caenis, Kirschtaria has two more divine spirits.

And let's agree that Zeus below Ivan is at least disappointing. I can not visualize Ivan above the King of the Greek gods.

Edit

"Caenis:

...Yeah. Though I only caught a glimpse, that was hideous. He might win in a brawl even against our chief deity. Do your best in turning things around unexpectedly, Kadoc Zemlupus. You want to impress the girl, don't you? Isn't that nice, a Master and Servant couple! If that happens then it's finally my turn. I'll make this proud princess into my woman right before your eyes!"

She does not seem to be referring to Zeus, but rather the main deity of Kirschtaria's team.
    Last edited by Ordep; May 17th, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    The kanji she used was 主神. That's the word to refer to the central god of a pantheon, a religion, not something you just throw around to refer to another god on your team. So I'll go with Zeus until further notice.

JP Friend Code
    If true, man the Greek pantheon sure sounds disappointing in the Nasuverse

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Eh, I'd expect him to be as powerful as Quetz.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It wasn't bragging.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    If true, man the Greek pantheon sure sounds disappointing in the Nasuverse
    We already knew that they have to eat golden apples to extend their lifespan and keep their immortality, so...

JP Friend Code
    Yeah but being immortal or not doesn't equal about other big feats that they could do by themselves

US Friend Code
    We already knew that they have to eat golden apples to extend their lifespan and keep their immortality, so...
    That's the inaccurate part tho. The ones that needed to eat golden apples to live are the Aesir, not the Olympians. The golden apples of the Greeks are the wedding present Zeus gave to Hera, so how they need this apples to live when they didn't even exist when the main Gods were born makes no sense. It's inaccurate on TMs part. Huh if anything I don't think that the Greek Gods will be unimpressive. Whether or not Zeus is the main God for Lostbelt 5 it's important to remember we would most likely face him as a pseudo Servant or as a bunrei like Quetz because that's the only way he can be a Servant to Kirsh. If he's powerful enough to match Ivan despite being needed is saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but being immortal or not doesn't equal about other big feats that they could do by themselves
    We do know that Mars possess the original Divine Construct, and how he uses it is to be said to make Altera's look meager by comparison. And that's just Mars, who Zeus in myth can beat up no problem in myth, like any other Olympian if that faced him head on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Eh, I'd expect him to be as powerful as Quetz.
    Same, that is bullshit enough that we have to figure out a loophole to kill him, while he's probably needed to be a Servant as well.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't think Quetz was any less powerful in Babylon, but team Chaldea never came close to beating her anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    We do know that Mars possess the original Divine Construct, and how he uses it is to be said to make Altera's look meager by comparison. And that's just Mars, who Zeus in myth can beat up no problem in myth, like any other Olympian if that faced him head on.
    Isn't that the God prior to Mars and Ares?

I already had problems before about how some thing from Greek mythology are portrayed, like Herk with his physical strength (and being one of his labours do Atlas' work for a time) and him supposedly being equal in strengh as Zeus in some versions but.. well you know how he does as a Berserker

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    I don't think Quetz was any less powerful in Babylon, but team Chaldea never came close to beating her anyway.
    That's because we never tried to beat but turn her into our side. Whether or not we could is something we don't know but it's more to the not but Eresh did give us advice on how we could have beaten, that is through acts of evil as anything of good doesn't does anything to her.

So yeah really we could only had a chance of beating Quetz if we decided to have an Anti-Hero route.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that the God prior to Mars and Ares?

I already had problems before about how some thing from Greek mythology are portrayed, like Herk with his physical strength (and being one of his labours do Atlas' work for a time) and him supposedly being equal in strengh as Zeus in some versions but.. well you know how he does as a Berserker
    They all have the same weapon. The one doing the comparison to Altera's beam was Romulus during Salomon, because when she used it he noticed that it looked way weaker to what he saw his father Mars did.

That probably has to do because if Altera doesn't make it weaker then Mars is gonna kill her straight up.

anywhere than here

How does Teardrop Photon Ray work?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Do remember that prototype of Mars and Ares =/= Mars and Ares. We don't know for sure if the prototypes are the exact same as the gods based on them, as Da Vinci mentioned. Also the point I wanted to say regarding the immortality stuff is that it shows they are not beyond the time axis like Golden Fox. Mars also cannot directly interact with the modern era outside of his killsat while Golden Fox could poke into 2030 on a whim. I still hope for Odin tho, cuz he's probably my favorite Norse god, but if he also has to eat apples then fuck...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Push it, lick it, cap it, save it.

US Friend Code
    Do remember that prototype of Mars and Ares =/= Mars and Ares. We don't know for sure if the prototypes are the exact same as the gods based on them, as Da Vinci mentioned. Also the point I wanted to say regarding the immortality stuff is that it shows they are not beyond the time axis like Golden Fox. Mars also cannot directly interact with the modern era outside of his killsat while Golden Fox could poke into 2030 on a whim. I still hope for Odin tho, cuz he's probably my favorite Norse god, but if he also has to eat apples then fuck...
    Aesir always had to eat apples. Why Nasu made that the Greeks annoys me. I mean for one thing in Greek myth it's literally impossible to slay a God, you don't do that while the Norse Gods were all about how they had mortality. Raganok anyone?

Also Mars isn't a head God for one thing. Him like the rest of the Olympians are chumps to Zeus in myth.

Also I'm not talking about Prototype. I'm talking about just Mars, from what Romulus have said and what the mats on Teardrop has said also. No mention on anything the original did against Sefar. So I'm not taking nothing from what he had done.

Also Amaterasu's meddling? Now that we have more info wouldn't that just be because of Independent manifestion of her being able to mess with things when she wants?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    When invoking this Noble Phantasm, Altera is actually establishing a connection with the God of War Mars (Ares). Due to her actions as the White Titan 14,000 years ago, Mars loathes Altera more than anyone else and upon recognizing the connection, he would unleash Photon Ray, his light of authority, towards her. Altera’s usage of mana for this Noble Phantasm is to actually redirect that light of authority towards the designated spot of attack, costing a great deal of mana to redirect it.
    And what he does throw at her is weaker to what he normally does according to Romulus.

anywhere than here

And what he does throw at her is weaker to what he normally does according to Romulus.
    I would never have thought that she was redirecting an attack from a god that was meant for her to a different target. Romulus talks about Teardrop Photon Ray?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Aesir always had to eat apples. Why Nasu made that the Greeks annoys me. I mean for one thing in Greek myth it's literally impossible to slay a God, you don't do that while the Norse Gods were all about how they had mortality. Raganok anyone?
    Well Nasu went GoW on these 2 pantheons.
    Also Mars isn't a head God for one thing. Him like the rest of the Olympians are chumps to Zeus in myth.
    Yet his prototype was the only one giving Sefar a memorable fight instead of whoever the prototype of Zeus was. That is already a red flag. Then a thunder god of another pantheon aka Indra has something that can kill the titan. Red flag 2.
    Also Amaterasu's meddling? Now that we have more info wouldn't that just be because of Independent manifestion of her being able to mess with things when she wants?
    No. Independent Manifestation only allows you to be immune to instant kill and time travel attacks through paradox. It doesn't help you all of a sudden tap into the future spacetime of an era where god's power cannot be used without severe self-destruction. The only explanation I can see is that due to her being beyond the time axis, aka she has universe of records viewpoint. At that point the time axis is just a book so you can poke into any pages as will. And when time has no bearing on you, you are eternal. If you have to eat apples to prolong your life, that means you are still bound by time itself.

US Friend Code

Yet his prototype was the only one giving Sefar a memorable fight instead of whoever the prototype of Zeus was.
    [/QUOTE]

And? The whole Sefar fight had to do with compatibility that she was absorbing and using the Gods concepts against them, not that they were weaker to her. The War God did so well because he literally symbolized war and that was good for killing stuff, while Proto Zeus probably symbolized the Heavens themselves. I don't see Sefar beating up the rest of the gods meant there weak when she was literally designed to be their weakness.

- - - Updated - - -

Also didn't you yourself say prototypes =/= what we know?

What proto Zeus can do doesn't correlate to what Zeus can do. It goes two ways.

anywhere than here