Page 6748 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 57486248664866986738674367466747674867496750675367586798684872487748 ... LastLast
Results 134,941 to 134,960 of 157496

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Well for starters she gets a rank up to all her stats inside of them and her fame spikes
    I was going to say where that came from because it doesn't say anything like that in the Fate/Apocrypha materials, but then I looked at her profile in Cirnopedia and there it was. It's just Shishigou gave up his life so he could give Mordred the antidote to make that last attack. It would have perfect if she actually managed to kill her right then after giving their all and then said goodbye to each other. Instead Semiramis survives just long enough to see Shirou one last time.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I was going to say where that came from because it doesn't say anything like that in the Fate/Apocrypha materials, but then I looked at her profile in Cirnopedia and there it was. It's just Shishigou gave up his life so he could give Mordred the antidote to make that last attack. It would have perfect if she actually managed to kill her right then after giving their all and then said goodbye to each other. Instead Semiramis survives just long enough to see Shirou one last time.
    It's not just so she could say goodbye to Shirou (though that was a heartwarming scene). The hanging gardens started to collapse instantly when Semi finally croaked, so if she'd died right away from Mordred's attack than none of the final battle could've taken place, and Shirou's plan for humanity salvation would've been foiled from the start since he needed the gardens to fly around giving people immortality.

So basically, she had to survive for plot reasons.

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It's not just so she could say goodbye to Shirou (though that was a heartwarming scene). The hanging gardens started to collapse instantly when Semi finally croaked, so if she'd died right away from Mordred's attack than none of the final battle could've taken place, and Shirou's plan for humanity salvation would've been foiled from the start since he needed the gardens to fly around giving people immortality.

So basically, she had to survive for plot reasons.
    Which would be wrong because, what reason could Sieg have to go full chuuni and take the grail to fairyland? The whole premise of him going chuuni is that everyone was going to be affected, and the plan didn't need the Gardens for anything besides reaching the goal, which already happened before that.

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I recall correctly, Medea could survive for a while after being skewered by Gil because she had insane amounts of magical energy. Semiramis... well, her mana source was literally the Grail

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Why are you even making such a big deal of it when like what arashi said we had the plenty of past occurrence of servant taking a while to disappear when having a fatal wound? We already know anyways how hard it is to kill servants unless you go for their cores. Semi hanging on in her own territory is much more believable than kotomine surviving so long without a heart.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Meanwhile, Cu walks around with an exploded heart and barbs in him, Medea double checks in the hopes that her Master isn't hurt while she's a literal pin cushion, Herk keeps charging with an eighth of his body mass gone, Kojirou has pretty much the same wound as Semi does but 1000% less backup and still keeps himself from even bleeding on Saber while waxing on her nature, Siegfried literally has the time to feed his own heart to someone else...

Not even mentioning human Shirou turning into the Iron Throne or Kotomine lasting a day and a half with no Angra Pacemaker in his chest...
    Herc kept charging with an eighth of his body mass left

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Aren't "fatal wounds" for Servants just dependent on how much magical energy it takes to heal them? I seem to remember that coming up in F/SN. To get a guaranteed kill you need to destroy the core or whatever the technical term is. Killing them via physical wounds is just a case of exhausting their MP bar.
    Some Servants are better at this because of Battle Continuation and the like, but anyone of them can heal wounds given the time and energy (and a lack of curses, and sufficient willpower) - compare Archer in the Fate route, Saber in Fate/Zero, Rama in Fate/Grand Order.

Also, well, getting cut in half isn't even immediately fatal for humans? You'll die for sure, yeah, but that's from the blood loss. Even someone going all Temple of Doom on your heart wouldn't immediately kill you, you'd just slowly black out as your brain stops getting blood pumped through it. (A quick google puts brain death at six minutes after the blood stops pumping, so, well. You'll be unconscious long before then, though.)
    The shock would be tremendous, though, so I wouldn't count on being able to say or do anything before passing out (and away).

tl;dr: Why on earth would cutting a ghost in half kill it?

US Friend Code
    Well for one thing Mordred did strike Semi's core, so to what she thought she wouldn't be a problem, that's what she said herself to her master. So Semi should be dead, she wasn't tho because the Hanging Gardens was hax and provided limited life support. That's pretty much it
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You appear to be suffering from a pathological inability to understand different people might interpret the same characters differently. Unfortunately, the only medical procedure we have for that is amputation.
    thats great and all but then maybe next time put IMO in front of your opinions instead of stating it like its a fact or something, iunno

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to say where that came from because it doesn't say anything like that in the Fate/Apocrypha materials, but then I looked at her profile in Cirnopedia and there it was.
    it was also there in Apo profile in the novel

mats and profile tends to complement each other, its a good idea to always check both when looking for infos. I think its also translated to english already by i think You?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As if people powering through a mortal wound only to collapse and die once the battle's over isn't something that happens in fiction all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well for one thing Mordred did strike Semi's core, so to what she thought she wouldn't be a problem, that's what she said herself to her master. So Semi should be dead, she wasn't tho because the Hanging Gardens was hax and provided limited life support. That's pretty much it
    It might be that core was gravely damaged then instantly destroyed as well, so more like bleeding out than instead of instant death plus support from the garden. Since iirc the core was connected to the head and heart and we had quite a few servants who still survived for a bit with their heart completely gone.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riku Noctis View Post
    Which would be wrong because, what reason could Sieg have to go full chuuni and take the grail to fairyland? The whole premise of him going chuuni is that everyone was going to be affected, and the plan didn't need the Gardens for anything besides reaching the goal, which already happened before that.
    Maybe it just would've taken longer then? Because Shirou (at least in the anime) explicitly said the gardens needed to fly around the world giving the Third to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Why are you even making such a big deal of it when like what arashi said we had the plenty of past occurrence of servant taking a while to disappear when having a fatal wound? We already know anyways how hard it is to kill servants unless you go for their cores. Semi hanging on in her own territory is much more believable than kotomine surviving so long without a heart.
    I already explained why, I don't like how the fight ended. She might have died later, but her opponents, the ones who injured her, are both gone. It left a bad taste in my mouth. It's reminded of when Vegeta sacrificed himself to kill Majin Buu, only to have Majin Buu reform later.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    thats great and all but then maybe next time put IMO in front of your opinions instead of stating it like its a fact or something, iunno

- - - Updated - - -

it was also there in Apo profile in the novel

mats and profile tends to complement each other, its a good idea to always check both when looking for infos. I think its also translated to english already by i think You?
    I did say that it was a matter of opinion later, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't need to state "just my opinion" when talking about something as subjective as character interpretations.

I mean if I say "Sakura is a soap opera heroine" do you really need a preface "just my opinion though!" to know that's just an opinion? What else can it be?

And yes, I always state my opinions like that. Nero is great and only heretics think otherwise.

Blog Entries
    no, but your

"See also Amakusa/Semiramis working out to basically Medea/Souichirou."

can be taken as if youre stating obvious fact / stating general opinions to others, because youre using it as an example for a preceding statement

which makes literally everybody here raises their eyebrows

which wouldnot happen if you, like, make it clear

just a 2 cent (see it wasnt so hard)

But my opinions ARE fact! In fact, everything I ever say is always correct ,for varying definitions of "everything" and "correct". This is a reference to something but I'm too lazy to link it.

Blog Entries
    K

what was the reason again why saber couldn't use excalibur against Mordred?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Assassin
    Master: Shirou Kotomine
    True Name: Semiramis
    Height/Weight: 169cm, 51kg
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

STR: E
    CON: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LUK: A
    NP: B

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: C+
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying.
    The rank of presence concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.
    However, this condition does not apply to poisoning something.

Territory Creation: EX
    Creates an area that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    By gathering specific materials, it is possible to create a "Hanging Garden", superior to a "Temple".

Item Creation: C
    Allows the creation of items that carry magical energy.
    Semiramis specializes in poisons, so she can't make any other types of tools.

Personal Skills

Familiar (Doves): D
    Allows the use of doves as familiars.
    They can be directed by thought alone, without need for a contract.

Dual Summon: B
    Grants the Class Skills of both the Assassin and Caster classes.
    An exceedingly rare trait, possessed only by a select few Servants.

Divinity: C
    Semiramis was the daughter of the Syrian fish-goddess Derketo and a mortal.

Noble Phantasms

Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Type: Anti-world
    Range: 10~100
    Max Targets: 1000

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In reality, Semiramis had nothing to do with its construction.
    However, due to the misunderstandings of countless people, it became her Noble Phantasm.

Because this Noble Phantasm is "vanity" itself, the conditions for its activation are strict.
    It is necessary to gather a fixed amount of soil and stone from ruins in the vicinity of Baghdad, Iraq, and only once these materials are prepared can the activation proceed.
    (This entire process takes at least three days.)

As the name suggests, it manifests as an "enormous fortress hanging in the air".
    And, within this fortress, all of Semiramis' parameters are increased in rank.
    On top of that, her fame level is also boosed to the highest class, and attacks are revised in her favor.

Mystery Phantasm
    Type: ???
    Range: ???
    Max Targets: ???

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Excalibur is the hopes and dreams of humanity and Saber was dead inside
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Was it "couldn't" or "wouldn't"? She had lost Avalon by that time (how do you lose the sheath to your own sword anyway), but she definitely had Excalibur with her and she did use it in her battles when she was summoned elsewhere.