Page 6750 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 57506250665067006740674567486749675067516752675567606800685072507750 ... LastLast
Results 134,981 to 135,000 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Lemme see, how about... guards? Other members of the KotR, none of which liked her very much (including her "son" and her spy)? Saber herself not leaving Avalon lying around like an idiot? Merlin being Merlin?
    If you base it on the story, guards of what? Arthur was convalescing in a monastary surrounded by a bunch of nuns. The knights weren't present. And Merlin was already stuck in Avalon.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    You underestimate evil plotting women

but then again, I guess Morgan is the same as Semi and Medea in your eyes anyway, so its not that surprising

- - - Updated - - -

Avalon the magical healing scabbard is RIGHT NEXT TO Saber
    Did all of you forget how massive of a boon Avalon is?

I'm pretty sure a slit throat isn't even going to kill Artoria if Avalon is right there
    I'm not underestimating her. If Nasu says it happened, then it obviously was possible. What I'm saying is that until he explains the specifics of how it happened (like, say, using an illusion to fool Saber into giving it to her for safekeeping or I dunno what) it remains implausible that it could happen. I should not have to explain this.

EDIT:And you really don't have to take it like a personal insult to your family everytime someone calls something bullshit. The Nasuverse is already full of
    bullshit
    improbable events
    that should not have been possible but happened anyway. Just add it to the pile.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; June 4th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lemme see, how about... guards? Other members of the KotR, none of which liked her very much (including her "son" and her spy)? Saber herself not leaving Avalon lying around like an idiot? Merlin being Merlin?
    One word, five letters, rhymes with schmagic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avalon the magical healing scabbard is RIGHT NEXT TO Saber
    Did all of you forget how massive of a boon Avalon is?

I'm pretty sure a slit throat isn't even going to kill Artoria if Avalon is right there
    Okay, so take the magic healing scabbard over to the next room, come back and then slit her throat. Though I suppose that brings to mind the question of how close Avalon needs to be to Arturia for its healing properties to work. In any case, it does seem odd that Morgan could break into Arturia's room so easily and never did anything more straightforward to try to kill her.

Maybe she's just addicted to complexity, or couldn't bring herself to kill her sister with her own hands out of some lingering familial affection... (That last one's actually an interesting idea BTW)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What would normal guards even do? Even the knights? Like if powerful a mage used magic to hide themselves only merlin would probably able to anything about it. Saber didn't even realize medea taking control of shirou until he was gone. What chance does normal guards have?

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    One word, five letters, rhymes with schmagic
    Tragic?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You need more sesame street
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tragic is six letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Okay, so take the magic healing scabbard over to the next room, come back and then slit her throat.
    Yes, because a different room makes all the difference, remember kiritsugu and his crushed heart?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    or couldn't bring herself to kill her sister with her own hands out of some lingering familial affection...
    there's plenty material out there where Morgan isn't full on evil, or perhaps even good so this isn't impossible

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    there's plenty material out there where Morgan isn't full on evil, or perhaps even good so this isn't impossible
    I know, which is why I suggested that as the more interesting possibility. (As funny as Arturia sleep-dodging would be)

Tragic is six letters
    Oh snap, you're right. I got nothing.

I'm not underestimating her. If Nasu says it happened, then it obviously was possible. What I'm saying is that until he explains the specifics of how it happened (like, say, using an illusion to fool Saber into giving it to her for safekeeping or I dunno what) it remains implausible that it could happen. I should not have to explain this.

EDIT:And you really don't have to take it like a personal insult to your family everytime someone calls something bullshit. The Nasuverse is already full of improbable
    bullshit
    events
    that should not have been possible but happened anyway. Just add it to the pile.
    Implausible to you I guess? It's not that much of stretch to think that a powerful mage can magic their way somewhere that isn't super secured. If I were you I'd either try to figure out more of the circumstances before throwing it on "the pile".

and, uh, personal insult? If you think this is bad, you haven't been on the internet long enough. Most of these people are pretty decent if you aren't throwing out your opinions like they are hot facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Tragic is six letters
    Oh god I'm dying

Implausible to you I guess? It's not that much of stretch to think that a powerful mage can magic their way somewhere that isn't super secured. If I were you I'd either try to figure out more of the circumstances before throwing it on "the pile".

and, uh, personal insult? If you think this is bad, you haven't been on the internet long enough. Most of these people are pretty decent if you aren't throwing out your opinions like they are hot facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god I'm dying
    If someone's opinion riles you up to this extent, then I'm not the one who hasn't been on the internet long enough. And I'm pretty sure I didn't "throw it around", either. I made an off-hand comment that blew out of proportion.

Nobody answered Roxas' question yet, either.

I think you're overestimating my current mood then

As for Roxas' question, they fight on a battlefield that's littered with swords, maybe she was disarmed?
    I'm pretty sure that the last battle of Saber vs Mordred is based on the painting, in which Excalibur wasn't around either. I don't know if there's a reason given somewhere

EDIT: I say painting, but those are of course based on books and what not.
    Last edited by Zurvan; June 4th, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

US Friend Code
    Yeah. "How Mordred was Slain by Arthur, and How by Him Arthur was Hurt to the Death", by Arthur Rackham, 1917. As far as I know every depiction of Camlann in TM has used this as a basis. It's most evident in the first ending of Zero.

Edit: Apocrypha anime episode 6 actually shows Mordred knocking Excalibur out of Arturia's hands and then she summons Rhon, so there's that.

On another topic, when Rin summoned Archer how much of his amnesia was real and how much was him bullshitting?
    Last edited by Reign; June 4th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Amnesia was "real" insofar as he couldn't remember all sorts of things, but he was clearly twisting things when he said he didn't recall what hero he was--he is no hero, so nothing to remember!

He's very fuzzy on Shirou Emiya's memories, though, and couldn't recall Rin's name for instance.

US Friend Code
    I think you're overestimating my current mood then

As for Roxas' question, they fight on a battlefield that's littered with swords, maybe she was disarmed?
    I'm pretty sure that the last battle of Saber vs Mordred is based on the painting, in which Excalibur wasn't around either. I don't know if there's a reason given somewhere

EDIT: I say painting, but those are of course based on books and what not.
    Pretty much. In legitimate myth what killed Mordred was Rhon. Not having Excalibur doesn't matter because in the tales of Battle of Camlann has King Arthur using a spear.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    How is it Artoria didn't get summoned with Rhongo in FSN and Zero when she had it on hand and not Excalibur?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Amnesia was "real" insofar as he couldn't remember all sorts of things, but he was clearly twisting things when he said he didn't recall what hero he was--he is no hero, so nothing to remember!

He's very fuzzy on Shirou Emiya's memories, though, and couldn't recall Rin's name for instance.
    The fuzzy memories was more because of how much time had passed for him than Rin bungling the summoning, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    How is it Artoria didn't get summoned with Rhongo in FSN and Zero when she had it on hand and not Excalibur?
    How many Saber classes use a lance?
    Whats more famous, King Arthur and Excalibur or King Arthur and Rhongosomething?