Page 6754 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 57546254665467046744674967526753675467556756675967646804685472547754 ... LastLast
Results 135,061 to 135,080 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    curiosity

need to dissect anything and everything

PTSD from going undercover in powerlevel facebook groups for several years

take your pick
    Okay, but your question applies to like every fantasy/sci-fi series with laser beam attacks ever (up to and including Star Wars). Whatever handwavey explanation you'd use to justify it in those other series (where 99% of the time none of the writers care enough to make an official explanation), why not just imagine the same applies here?

JP Friend Code
    didnt that video get taken down?
    Spoiler:
    He used his NP against Vasavi Shakti. It was a classic beam clash and his own beam exploded. Not lightspeed bro.

HOUGU! ZABAAAAANIIIIIIYA!!! TagumonYatsuray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Okay, but your question applies to like every fantasy/sci-fi series with laser beam attacks ever (up to and including Star Wars). Whatever handwavey explanation you'd use to justify it in those other series (where 99% of the time none of the writers care enough to make an official explanation), why not just imagine the same applies here?
    It'd be funny if there were an OVA of Fate/Kaleid Liner where Miyu does this. Since she did have trouble flying for the same "Contradiction of the laws of physics/aerodynamics"
    Fate/Grand Order: Best game ever! When it's not on maintenance!

Connolly-kun's 'Servant Skill Level Priority Spread Sheet'!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TagumonYatsuray View Post
    It'd be funny if there were an OVA of Fate/Kaleid Liner where Miyu does this. Since she did have trouble flying for the same "Contradiction of the laws of physics/aerodynamics"
    Of course, given this is Prisma she'd probably go flying only to land in a compromising position with Illya/Shirou.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Spoiler:
    He used his NP against Vasavi Shakti. It was a classic beam clash and his own beam exploded. Not lightspeed bro.
    i have been talking about his prana burst, not his NP or his other skills.

honestly, since there seems to be no way to confirm that his NP makes use of the skill and he doesnt seem to use the skill itself in his gameplay and just resorts to using multiple weapons and such, it is pretty much impossible to give an actual answer.

but since Gil's lightning bolts are lightning speed and i dont see a reason to say that raikou's prana burst generates slower lightning than that, i dont see a problem with holding on to the notion of lightspeed, until debunked, especially since he doesnt seem to actually use itmin the gameplay. same reason why karna doesnt start spewing 360 degree fire in extella like in apocrypha

JP Friend Code
    Again, you are trying to apply real physics to fiction. It's time to stop. And do remember that you can give any servant Prana Burst in Extella thanks to Install Skill system. Why are you so obsessed with these lightspeed shit when the attacks are simply energy beams with shiny colors that is called hikari this and hikari that cuz that's cool. "I will keep thinking this way till this is debunked" is just denial.

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    Spiritrons are plotspeed. We all know that.

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe its magic energy beamthat generates light instead of actual light, think about that
    Last edited by castor212; June 6th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i have been talking about his prana burst, not his NP or his other skills.

honestly, since there seems to be no way to confirm that his NP makes use of the skill and he doesnt seem to use the skill itself in his gameplay and just resorts to using multiple weapons and such, it is pretty much impossible to give an actual answer.

but since Gil's lightning bolts are lightning speed and i dont see a reason to say that raikou's prana burst generates slower lightning than that, i dont see a problem with holding on to the notion of lightspeed, until debunked, especially since he doesnt seem to actually use itmin the gameplay. same reason why karna doesnt start spewing 360 degree fire in extella like in apocrypha
    Again, Deja vu. Didn't you have this exact discussion about Medea before? Light powers are just lasers in like most of fiction, I honestly don't understand why you get so hung up on this.

Blog Entries
    Zero already confirmed Servants fight at light speed, further arguments are unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Zero already confirmed Servants fight at light speed, further arguments are unnecessary

would you care to elaborate on that?

also, @Mizukume, laat time, you said that the achilles chariot was probably lightspeed. i was surprised because i didnt think you would actually say that. would you care to elaborate on why you didnt just handwave it as "flowery language" on Higashide's part?

also, @Mizukume, laat time, you said that the achilles chariot was probably lightspeed. i was surprised because i didnt think you would actually say that. would you care to elaborate on why you didnt just handwave it as "flowery language" on Higashide's part?
    Maybe the fact that Lancelot was able to catch a blade flying toward hm, then use it to destroy another weapon flying toward him in split second?

Blog Entries

The holy sword intertwined with the demonic lance, in direct opposition; the sparks flying were simply dazzling. The clash between the precious artifacts of legend, driven by strength and speed far beyond that of a human, passed the speed of sound, nearing the speed of light. Observation had long since lost meaning in this momentous battle. Those divine skills, pushed to the limits at the point of this fierce battle, were having a supreme contest between the two.
    An unknown number of rounds had been fought; perhaps tens of rounds, perhaps hundreds of rounds. It was simply impossible to determine with a mortal eye. After the lance and sword of the two clashed, they finally separated, and moved away from each other.
    Crush your enemies with impartial, all-knowing narration.

Urobuchi is Einstern confirmed

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Does Moon Cell or something similar to it exist in the main world ? (Meaning F/SN)

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Does Moon Cell or something similar to it exist in the main world ? (Meaning F/SN)
    Moon Cell, no.

As for something similar, it's debatable as maybe Velber did exist in the distant past, which is similar to the Moon Cell, and Excalibur exists. Maybe someone simply needs to go and check the moon to see if there's some kind of alien crystal computer buried there; maybe Rin can go and make it explode or something.

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

Blog Entries
    Why is Rama the only Hindu Servant with an NP that lets him summon all the Astras he used in his legend? Karna and Arjuna owned tons of astras too, and they don't have an NP like that.

US Friend Code
    Velber definitely existed in non Extra timelines since they're behind Sefar's attack, and I think Velber's creators also made the Moon Cell, but apparently no Moon Cell is Extra timeline only.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Why is Rama the only Hindu Servant with an NP that lets him summon all the Astras he used in his legend? Karna and Arjuna owned tons of astras too, and they don't have an NP like that.
    Vishnu Bhuja was specifically granted to him by Vishnu, and Rama is an avatar of Vishnu

In term of privilege and importance in Hindu's Mythology, Rama is several tier above both Karna and Arjuna

I bet there are more temples dedicated to Rama than Arjuna and Karna combined