Page 6808 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 58086308670867586798680368066807680868096810681368186858690873087808 ... LastLast
Results 136,141 to 136,160 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    They're not the best in "ordinary" magecraft precisely BECAUSE they are geniuses. And I can't imagine a lot ot magi would try to stand before them, even then. Clairvoyance Ex is a helluvadrug, for one thing.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    The way I read it. Grand Caster have clairvoyance because the pinnacle of mages have it as EX, but that doesn't mean having EX clairvoyance makes you a top mage. Gilgamesh himself is really not a caster, he's joking around at best.

Gil also admits he's not a grand in time temple, so it's not even on the table.
    I personally read it as a Grand Caster candidate needing EX-ranked Clairvoyance as a SKILL, not through any NP, and Gil is only able to achieve the same thing through Sha Nagba Imuru.

Is it true that Medusa's best class aside from Avenger is Lancer, and Rider is just a really awkward fit for her? I heard it claimed somewhere, so I want to know whether it's BS or not.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; July 21st, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

It's just BS

Ok. Good to know. Also, this came up on the Badass Versus thread, but does Gaia summon Divine Spirits to defend itself and not Heroic Spirits like Alaya does?

US Friend Code
    Gaia calls in Types like Crimson Moon, that and other Elementals and Phantasmal Beasts
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Ok. I see now. So Alaya is the only one that summons Heroic Spirits? Then what about Divine Spirits? Do they only exist because the Gods could no longer exist in the World?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, Dark Sakura digested Gil, but it was Angra who was in control and it was his powers that were used to do so. Aside from that, I will agree that you are right about Gil's body. He got that through his sheer ego and magical prowess, but I would argue that Angra Mainyu also recognized their overlapping goals.
    Didn't Nasu pretty much state it was due to her authority of being the lesser grail hooked into that allowed that to happen(that whole Gil is the Slayer of Heroic Spirits and she is the "Devourer", so type advantage). It's more the fact that when she took him in they were becoming one being which was what the nightmare interludes were all about.
    Her ability has the portals, and she has been frankensteined into have the Matou absorbing trait since she was young. The story said many times that they had similar origins and that this came about because they were physically and spiritually merged for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Depends on the magecraft there using, say what you want but these guys excel as geniuses when in their specialties(dreams and illusions for Merlin, Summoning for Solomon) other then that they are to lazy or introvert for anything else, again Merlin and Solomon respectfully
    Yeah, I agree. They are great at their specialties but suck at the basics and at general skills.

Kind of like how Aoko is Aoko and Touko seems to regard her as a shitty mage. Same way that shirou is a shit mage but is great at projection

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Merlin and Solomon are actually rather shitty mages
    ???
    Worst is a joke comment of how they stutter incantations and Merlin just prefers whacking people with Excalibur. Solomon was the one who made magecraft available for humans to use, how could he possibly be bad at it?

I personally read it as a Grand Caster candidate needing EX-ranked Clairvoyance as a SKILL, not through any NP, and Gil is only able to achieve the same thing through Sha Nagba Imuru.Is it true that Medusa's best class aside from Avenger is Lancer, and Rider is just a really awkward fit for her? I heard it claimed somewhere, so I want to know whether it's BS or not.
    Gilgamesh has future sight as a skill when he was alive and that's what Merlin says is like his and Solomon's eyes. SNI came when he became a servant and offers a more expansive and combat applicable clairvoyance. They are 2 separate abilities.
    Last edited by Ronove; July 21st, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    ???
    Worst is a joke comment of how they stutter incantations and Merlin just prefers whacking people with Excalibur. Solomon was the one who made magecraft available for humans to use, how could he possibly be bad at it?
    The fact that never uttered a spell once in his life. That is why he was impressive, he became the King of Magic despite not being never performing a spell.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Did the "never used a spell" part get redacted in the mats or is it literal?

Also, Solomon had Goetia as his assistant. You can be a shitty mage but do great things if your assistant is a good mage

So all his magic came from a direct communion with God, then? Also, does Gaia have ANY access to the Throne of Heroes if she so wished?
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; July 21st, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

I dunno, that's why I asked. Also, she is the World, so she should be able to access the throne if she wishes, right?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The Throne is literally "outside" the world, and why it is "accessed" by anything has to do with the system involved. Alaya is inherently connected to it because of what the Throne is.

Also you're attaching things like "if it so wishes" which suggests this conscious, thinking force or something. It isn't. It's a system. My antivirus doesn't want anything, it just tells me when I need to upgrade or alerts me if there's a problem or shouts CRITICAL ERROR if my computer is about to die.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The Throne is literally "outside" the world, and why it is "accessed" by anything has to do with the system involved. Alaya is inherently connected to it because of what the Throne is.

Also you're attaching things like "if it so wishes" which suggests this conscious, thinking force or something. It isn't. It's a system. My antivirus doesn't want anything, it just tells me when I need to upgrade or alerts me if there's a problem or shouts CRITICAL ERROR if my computer is about to die.
    Could it be ascribed a will metaphorically though? After all, people say things like "the heart evolved to pump blood" or "birds evolved wings to fly" even though those imply a teleology that doesn't obviously exist in nature.

Gaia seems weirdly proactive, then, in its attempts to destroy or block humanity unless humanity constantly puts it on red alert. Also, it is technically alive and can be killed, so...

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It isn't doing anything active in that sense again. An antivirus program "actively" looks for problems but it has no conscious thought about it.

Anthropromorphicizing everything was a mistake, Japan

I see. So did the Gods create Gaia using Ea? Also, is the Throne of Heroes restricted to human heroic spirits, or could it also include hypothetical heroes of alien species?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It isn't doing anything active in that sense again. An antivirus program "actively" looks for problems but it has no conscious thought about it.

Anthropromorphicizing everything was a mistake, Japan
    It makes me curious though; if we actually got to see a Divine Spirit Gaea in canon (or a similar earth god/dess for that matter), would they borrow traits from Gaea the impersonal system or just be completely separate beings?

- - - Updated - - -

I see. So did the Gods create Gaia using Ea? Also, is the Throne of Heroes restricted to human heroic spirits, or could it also include hypothetical heroes of alien species?
    Given that Altera is included, it seems heroes of alien origin can be recorded in the Throne as long as they're part of human history.