Page 6811 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 58116311671167616801680668096810681168126813681668216861691173117811 ... LastLast
Results 136,201 to 136,220 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

I have a question regarding Armor of Fafnir’s B+ reduction of NP damage. Everywhere else only says that it’s B for normal attacks and B+ for NPs, however, the Apocrypha Material stated it only becomes B+ if he is defenseless. My question is: is that actually a mistranslation? Because it’s the same translation that stated if he used Balmung the Armor would lose defense while instead the meaning was that the combination would further reduce damage. That’s what got me thinking: was it really supposed to mean he’d need to be in a defenseless state or was the original text carrying a different meaning?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I totally expect GO to cannibalize the concept of True Demons and related shit at some point

祖 Ancestor
    Are True demons and primordial demons the same? If not, what's the latter?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    I have a question regarding Armor of Fafnir’s B+ reduction of NP damage. Everywhere else only says that it’s B for normal attacks and B+ for NPs, however, the Apocrypha Material stated it only becomes B+ if he is defenseless. My question is: is that actually a mistranslation? Because it’s the same translation that stated if he used Balmung the Armor would lose defense while instead the meaning was that the combination would further reduce damage. That’s what got me thinking: was it really supposed to mean he’d need to be in a defenseless state or was the original text carrying a different meaning?
    The intention is if he is defenseless he'll only get a B+ reduction but a HS would be stupid to let that happen so it's always going to be higher than B+ because he's going to put up a defense like Balmung.
    So functionally B+ but practically higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Not your fault but CaS does not have a good reputation

at least in the recent two years
    Aye. Trying to put it back in a good rep, but, no time.

Cut me some slack.

I'll get it down by the time the Tsukihime Remake rolls out.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    How exactly is Merlin summonable from Avalon again?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The ones we farm for Hearts? No, those are Phantasmal Beast demons, like the ones from Berserker Jack's NP. They're not True Demons.
    Yes, those. Thanks!

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    How exactly is Merlin summonable from Avalon again?
    Independent manifestation
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Question, what are the differences between ether, the stuff thats used in the world, and true ether, the stuff thats found in the reverse? Beyond the obvious that is.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Were Phantasmal Beasts indigenous to the world? Did they come from one of the other layers? Or were they brought into existence by humanity's stories?

one question.

if circuits are part of the soul and Mephisto seems to out his bombs inside the circuits of others, does that mean that he is bombing your soul?

because that seems excessive

US Friend Code
    Magic circuits are also like you nervous system. There are a physical aspect to them
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Could a modern magus somehow make it to the Reverse Side of the World? Also, is it possible to use magecraft that directly draws upon the powers of Elementals? By that, I mean can the Elementals be used as a foundation for magecraft directly as opposed to magi trying to reproduce their powers?
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; July 22nd, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The intention is if he is defenseless he'll only get a B+ reduction but a HS would be stupid to let that happen so it's always going to be higher than B+ because he's going to put up a defense like Balmung.
    So functionally B+ but practically higher.
    Nice, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Magic circuits are also like you nervous system. There are a physical aspect to them

but also a soul aspect, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Could a modern magus somehow make it to the Reverse Side of the World? Also, is it possible to use magecraft that directly draws upon the powers of Elementals? By that, I mean can the Elementals be used as a foundation for magecraft directly as opposed to magi trying to reproduce their powers?
    if the reverse is anything like avalon or some other AoG locations, you would die almost instantly from excessive mana in the air

While that may be true, I just wanted to know if a magus both motivated and stupid enough could actually traverse the boundary. I know if I were a magus, I'd consider trying if only to find some cool mysteries or Phantasmal Beasts.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Shirou eventually gets to Avalon somehow (not to mention Bedivere, and I think Kurogiri might have gotten there?), and IIRC elementals feature heavily in Native American magecraft like what Geronimo can do.

Oh, and I guess Ritsuka kind of gets to the Reverse Side of the World to pal about with Sieg. Who might also count, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Shirou eventually gets to Avalon somehow (not to mention Bedivere, and I think Kurogiri might have gotten there?), and IIRC elementals feature heavily in Native American magecraft like what Geronimo can do.

Oh, and I guess Ritsuka kind of gets to the Reverse Side of the World to pal about with Sieg. Who might also count, I dunno.
    And Shirou didn't have to die to get there? Also, thanks for the other answers.

Blog Entries
    I thought shirou got there because Merlin figured he would play wingman and help saber get laid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who knows. She waited for him and he kept looking. I'm going to assume that he just pulled a Bedivere and managed to find a way in somehow with enough searching.