Page 6828 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 58286328672867786818682368266827682868296830683368386878692873287828 ... LastLast
Results 136,541 to 136,560 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaehaerys48 View Post
    Can anyone these logos from the end of the Essentials of Fate Series video? I was able to get the rest of them pretty easily.

Bottom left is Learning with Manga, I believe, but idk what the other three are.
    I think the second one is Fate Mahjong

Are Ozy`s beams from his boat ever mentioned in a combat situation in FGO or besides the fight where jekyl died?I feel like the boat doesnt get brought up much anymore.No one says "these damn beams are a pain in the ass" or something in FGO while fighting him, do they?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Are Ozy`s beams from his boat ever mentioned in a combat situation in FGO or besides the fight where jekyl died?I feel like the boat doesnt get brought up much anymore.No one says "these damn beams are a pain in the ass" or something in FGO while fighting him, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    cmiiw but it said he qualifies for those classes. qualification doesn't mean he has to be those classes tho.
    Isn't it the same people though? From what I heard they aren't involved much with the making of the game. They list multiple classes so if they knew he was a Caster I think they would've mentioned that.

Literally the opposite of what it said.
    It affirms the Holy Grail can only summon Saints. Mashu says this apparently isn't a restriction for Chaldea, but I think she was just rationalizing Holmes being a Ruler and it's clear he's a special case.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    It affirms the Holy Grail can only summon Saints. Mashu says this apparently isn't a restriction for Chaldea, but I think she was just rationalizing Holmes being a Ruler and it's clear he's a special case.
    Well a holy grail made using western concepts
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You don't need to be a Saint to be a Ruler.

But the Grail will only summon Saint Rulers because christian concept.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well a holy grail made using western concepts
    This is probably the case, but did we get confirmation the restriction is only for western based grails? Mashu was the one who pointed it out and she's mostly seen Art graphs.

Not when fighting, but the boat is mentioned in Ozy's valentine scene (he takes Guda for a ride on it at the end and a dialogue option is something like "the one shooting beams off-screen" or something)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So in the Nasuverse, did the Great Schism and the Protestant Reformation never happen, and thus all Christians are united under one Catholic-like framework?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    all Christians are united under one Catholic-like framework?
    nope

JP Friend Code
    Yeah, the boats kinda made obsolete by the Dendara Bulb.

US Friend Code
    The church is the religious analogous (I think that's the word) to the mage association (clock tower) iirc. At least in the sense that they seem to be the most "visible" in terms of narrative but not necessarily the only ones in the field, so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    The church is the religious analogous (I think that's the word) to the mage association (clock tower) iirc. At least in the sense that they seem to be the most "visible" in terms of narrative but not necessarily the only ones in the field, so to say.
    The correct term is analog. Analogous is the adjective form of the word. So Christianity isn't just Catholic, and other denominations do exist? Do they all have supernatural divisions though? Probably not, considering how fragmented and decentralized Protestantism is, but the Anglicans, Lutherans, and Orthodox Churches would likely have their supernatural task forces, especially because they all still believe in Sacraments and have more centralized heirarchies.

Actually, this makes me wonder, since Sacraments are demonstrably real, how would the debate on the flow of grace and miracles in the Medieval Church been impacted, and how would indulgence theology have been viewed?

US Friend Code
    I think it was only mentioned that the Catholic Church had a supernatural division that we know in Fate.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    yeah my mistake, I don't think it's ever implied there are other supernatural divisions for other religions (at least in the present day). If we go to nasuverse myth, magic being real and stuff means there would probably something like that but fate itself doesn't explore it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jaehaerys48 View Post
    Can anyone these logos from the end of the Essentials of Fate Series video? I was able to get the rest of them pretty easily.

Bottom left is Learning with Manga, I believe, but idk what the other three are.
    From top to bottom:
    The Extella baby hakunos spin-off manga
    Fate Mahjong manga
    Teach Us FGO! The Greats and Legends of Grand Order manga
    And yes, the FGO Learning with Manga

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    From top to bottom:
    The Extella baby hakunos spin-off manga
    Fate Mahjong manga
    Teach Us FGO! The Greats and Legends of Grand Order manga
    And yes, the FGO Learning with Manga
    Wow what? Teach us FGO is oficial?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    yeah my mistake, I don't think it's ever implied there are other supernatural divisions for other religions (at least in the present day). If we go to nasuverse myth, magic being real and stuff means there would probably something like that but fate itself doesn't explore it I think.
    Christianity itself would likely be fundamentally different if all the magical stuff were real. Debates that occurred in our history would not have taken place in the Nasuverse, and spiritual and intellectual movements within the religion would have taken on different forms and evolved very differently. However, it does appear Jesuits do exist in the Nasuverse, since Kirei clearly went to a Jesuit college.

Also, quick question, but is Sakura as the Black Grail still useable post-Fate and UBW, even though she never participated directly in the Fifth Holy Grail War in those routes, or could Zouken no longer take advantage of her negative emotions or whatever was required for it to activate?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Christianity itself would likely be fundamentally different if all the magical stuff were real. Debates that occurred in our history would not have taken place in the Nasuverse, and spiritual and intellectual movements within the religion would have taken on different forms and evolved very differently. However, it does appear Jesuits do exist in the Nasuverse, since Kirei clearly went to a Jesuit college.
    Most/All of that stuff was suppressed for a variety of reasons though, so things went more-or-less the same. Amazing what good levels of information manipulation and judicious use of Mind Control can do.

Also, quick question, but is Sakura as the Black Grail still useable post-Fate and UBW, even though she never participated directly in the Fifth Holy Grail War in those routes, or could Zouken no longer take advantage of her negative emotions or whatever was required for it to activate?
    Nah, Shirou isn't around to trigger that flag any more.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Debates would still happen because "magic is real" isn't something known on all levels or anything. The 8th Sacrament isn't the entire religion. It's like a fraternity/sorority chapter at a few universities. Those nerds trying to be good little boys and girls can go do that in the library; we're gonna go booze up, steal the headmaster's vintage car, and fight vampires Friday night.