Page 6842 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 58426342674267926832683768406841684268436844684768526892694273427842 ... LastLast
Results 136,821 to 136,840 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    nothing to see here
    Well now there isn’t.

you caught me in a good mood so I’m not going to issue the point public warning I had originally been intending to do when I followed the report, but just so we are clear, it was a close decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    So do you get magic from reaching the root, by turning away from it, or is it created as you attempt to reach it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Would this then be the case for all the users of True Magic because I was under the impression that all users of True Magic have found unique pathways to the Root, and their Magic comes from a small portion of the Root as a result.
    Spoiler:
    “….I would never have guessed that the Aozaki magic would have had its roots in time travel. I suspect there is more to it than that, but what can I say, I’m not involved."

[...]

"By the way, Aoko. Is your magic a means, or a result?”

Was it what came before or what came after?

Did she need magic to go to a certain place, or was the magic created because she arrived there?

“The latter. I turned tail and ran right at the front of the door, so I don’t know what gramps’ true motive was.”

“The same circumstances as the First Magic, eh. Karma must have it coming for you. I heard the Second to Fourth were created to reach that place. It’s common for those to hate their own kind. Let’s hope it does not come down to you and the First consuming one another. But, a gate you say. So inheriting magic is similar to inheriting a path, huh. Then, Ymir’s entrance was here wasn’t it?”

and also
    Spoiler:
    Aoko: I don't know why the entrance for that was in Misaki, but grandfather found it and made a new magic. But after that, he closed the path to the Root. He said as long as we’ve established the magic, the path to God should disappear.

Aoko: He probably didn't have any plans to open it while we were alive, and I think Touko was angry about it. If there is a path we should venture into it even if we are absorbed because of own inability. If we fear self-obliteration, we shouldn't have been learning magecraft in the first place----you know?

Aoko: But grandfather didn't approve of even her determination to become a foundation.
    He wouldn't permit her to crack the Root until a more powerful successor was born. He'd pass the magic to the successor, but the road to the Root would remain closed. I can sympathize with Touko, but I'm with grandfather on this one. I'm not interested in the Root, and firstly, there hasn't been a single person that's returned alive. There's no guarantee that it even is the seat of gods.

Soujuurou: Aozaki. What do you mean no one has returned alive?

Aoko: I mean that no one touching the Root has ever come back. On a global scale. You touch it, you cease to exist on the spot. The very moment the likes of a human soul touches it, it’ll go back to “where it came from" or be absorbed into the Root, or something.

Aoko: So, even the mages who have left their name in history have refrained from touching just that. At the best, they get close to it to stabilize their own magecraft in a hurry.

Blog Entries
    Just historical accuracy mods nothing to see here
    Doubt.

Everyone knows what words were and are used to describe persecuted minorities. Everyone also knows that there's no need to include them in this sort of discussion. You just wanted to provoke a reaction and feel superior for being "historical" and supposedly rational about the whole thing.

That's trolling. Don't try trolling, and definitely don't trying trolling with this sort of language. Your reaction turns out to be a warning.

E: What an interesting chain of staff posts.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Ah, well, I was in a good mood, but seika wasn’t. Luck was not in your favor after all!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Spoiler:
    “….I would never have guessed that the Aozaki magic would have had its roots in time travel. I suspect there is more to it than that, but what can I say, I’m not involved."

[...]

"By the way, Aoko. Is your magic a means, or a result?”

Was it what came before or what came after?

Did she need magic to go to a certain place, or was the magic created because she arrived there?

“The latter. I turned tail and ran right at the front of the door, so I don’t know what gramps’ true motive was.”

“The same circumstances as the First Magic, eh. Karma must have it coming for you. I heard the Second to Fourth were created to reach that place. It’s common for those to hate their own kind. Let’s hope it does not come down to you and the First consuming one another. But, a gate you say. So inheriting magic is similar to inheriting a path, huh. Then, Ymir’s entrance was here wasn’t it?”

and also
    Spoiler:
    Aoko: I don't know why the entrance for that was in Misaki, but grandfather found it and made a new magic. But after that, he closed the path to the Root. He said as long as we’ve established the magic, the path to God should disappear.

Aoko: He probably didn't have any plans to open it while we were alive, and I think Touko was angry about it. If there is a path we should venture into it even if we are absorbed because of own inability. If we fear self-obliteration, we shouldn't have been learning magecraft in the first place----you know?

Aoko: But grandfather didn't approve of even her determination to become a foundation.
    He wouldn't permit her to crack the Root until a more powerful successor was born. He'd pass the magic to the successor, but the road to the Root would remain closed. I can sympathize with Touko, but I'm with grandfather on this one. I'm not interested in the Root, and firstly, there hasn't been a single person that's returned alive. There's no guarantee that it even is the seat of gods.

Soujuurou: Aozaki. What do you mean no one has returned alive?

Aoko: I mean that no one touching the Root has ever come back. On a global scale. You touch it, you cease to exist on the spot. The very moment the likes of a human soul touches it, it’ll go back to “where it came from" or be absorbed into the Root, or something.

Aoko: So, even the mages who have left their name in history have refrained from touching just that. At the best, they get close to it to stabilize their own magecraft in a hurry.
    Ah. I see. So the 2nd-4th Magics were created as means to get to the Root, but the First and 5th were created by finding paths to the Root, but backing out at the last second, thus finding the path but not actually taking it.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Doubt.

Everyone knows what words were and are used to describe persecuted minorities. Everyone also knows that there's no need to include them in this sort of discussion. You just wanted to provoke a reaction and feel superior for being "historical" and supposedly rational about the whole thing.

That's trolling. Don't try trolling, and definitely don't trying trolling with this sort of language. Your reaction turns out to be a warning.

E: What an interesting chain of staff posts.
    If everyone knows said words, how am I "attempting to feel superior" by posting them?
    I make a point of not mincing words when it is not required/I am not offending anyone in doing so. Those were the words they used to use. There's no point in whitewashing them by using the "modern accepted equivalent".

Nevertheless, if you deem otherwise, so be it. Clearly at least one person WAS offended by the truth anyway.

Unrelated to anything, you have a typo in your user title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Ah, well, I was in a good mood, but seika wasn’t. Luck was not in your favor after all!
    It's been that kind of day.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 7th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

If everyone knows said words, how am I "attempting to feel superior" by posting them?

Unrelated to anything, you have a typo in your user title.
    Interesting thing to note at a time like this

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Did I miss something here?

Believe it or not, that was something I noticed a long time ago, when I first read the Forum's FAQ, and resolved to bring it up if I ever came across Seika. These aren't quite the circumstances I envisioned, but hey, why let the opportunity go to waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...Did I miss something here?
    The offending post was edited, so yes, probably. You'll understand if I don't repeat what it was here.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Since even if it's said in good intentions, the timing is absolutely awful and has an effect we both know won't help your case

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    ...Zurvan, your new avatar is strange and off-putting.
    I like it!

Blog Entries
    I find the best thing to make a good case better is a bottle opener.that way you dont have to use the counter or your shirt.

People have all sorts of reactions to being corrected. I keep doing it in favour of those who don't take it as a personal insult when you point out they've made a mistake.
    As for worsening my case, how? The verdict's been handed down already.

- - - Updated - - -

I find the best thing to make a good case better is a bottle opener.that way you dont have to use the counter or your shirt.
    I'm a firm believer in using frozen mugs. They improve even the very worst beer.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    use a spoon
    Last edited by You; August 7th, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Zurvan, your new avatar is strange and off-putting.
    I like it!
    My, avatar????

Blog Entries
    you expect way to much out of my dexterity, especially after a few rounds

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    My, avatar????
    All I can see is that your username has been blacked out. Is there something not loading for me?

People have all sorts of reactions to being corrected. I keep doing it in favour of those who don't take it as a personal insult when you point out they've made a mistake.
    As for worsening my case, how? The verdict's been handed down already.
    Mhmm, something regarding how one is percieved, or ones attitude
    I suppose its not your case, thats true. Oh well have fun, I know I will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    All I can see is that your username has been blacked out. Is there something not loading for me?
    All is as it should be
    A void, nothing more
    (my name is just colored black)

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Mhmm, something regarding how one is percieved, or ones attitude
    I suppose its not your case, thats true. Oh well have fun, I know I will

- - - Updated - - -

All is as it should be
    A void, nothing more
    (my name is just colored black)
    if the mods are petty enough to keep a grudge because I talked back, which I sincerely refuse to believe, then so be it. Worst case scenario, I lurked this forum for news and info long before I ever posted for the first time, and I can certainly amuse myself elsewhere as well. All in all, nobody loses out much.

edit: Well, except for the puns, but I'm sure Toby had it well in hand before I ever came along anyway.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 7th, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Fair enough

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, his punning has gotten out of hand