Page 6855 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 58556355675568056845685068536854685568566857686068656905695573557855 ... LastLast
Results 137,081 to 137,100 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Wait, really? How? I mean, Iskandar's bulls and Achilles' horses can probably be explained by
    Urobuchi and Higashide being unimaginative writers
    them being divine creatures
    , and Drake's ship with her supposed association with the Wild Hunt, but what's the justification (if any) for Blackbeard's ship?
    It can also go through land, and it's not really explained how. Although it does take extra mana compared to being on water, so Blackbeard at least suffers for not having proper justification.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Also flying rides are the devil now? Man, you must've hated Back to the Future.
    It's less "they're the Devil" and more "those writers took the least creative approach to solving a block in their stories".

But thanks, you two!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really mind flying mounts so long as it makes sense. Gordius Wheel, as only like the second Rider mount ever got a pass and Drake's I forgave on the basis that it appeared from the "Lunar Sea" as it were, but I do feel they could be more original in how various transports get around. Least Fake Rider is pretty cool in his method of riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    One thing I've wanted to know for a long time is whether Cu's Gae Bolg's Causality Reversal is due to the spear itself or due to his heritage as a grandson of Balor? Also, how do Scathach's Gae Bolgs work? Do they also have Causality Reversal or not?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Cu stabs real funky through technique, and Scathach hasn't ripped that off yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    One thing I've wanted to know for a long time is whether Cu's Gae Bolg's Causality Reversal is due to the spear itself or due to his heritage as a grandson of Balor? Also, how do Scathach's Gae Bolgs work? Do they also have Causality Reversal or not?
    From what I recall (I.E. Don't quote me on this) the causality reversal was something he learned as a technique, cause the spear's true purpose was as a thrown weapon.

As for Alternate, It apparently does something similar to Cu's in that the first strike locks the target in place in some bullshit application of quantum physics I guess, while the second blow is the same as Cu's thrown version.
    Galleries for Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It's a technique he invents by combining with his divine heritage (it's from Lugh actually iirc, not Balor).

Scathach Gae Bolg doesn't have it. And because she is a shit aimer with no aimbot like Cu, she has to use two spear, one to pin the target and one to throw at him

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sorry where did it specifically said it has something to do with his divine heritage again

- - - Updated - - -

far as i remember i only know extra mats being the closest one, and even then it doesnt exactly said that, tho inference can be made
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Yeah it was my inference based on Extra mats

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Also, Raita says this on her Profile from the Materials:
    Quote Originally Posted by Comments from Illustrator
    I requested to draw a lolibaba that speaks in Kyoto dialect and who acts lively yet restrained, so I am thankful to get the OK for her appearance to only put on a kimono over her practically naked body. Her equipment seems to be a collection of shops making a sudden visit to Kyoto, but I wanted to include a multicultural design to give somebody the impression of the Silk Road, so it might have been nice to incorporate some more. Also, her magnificent voice is alluring, and it is also the best that her dialogue creates a smokescreen by mixing together truth and falsehood; I’m melting~
    I may be looking too much into it but it seems to me like she traveled around a lot before the events of her actual legend.

Does anyone more knowledgeable about Japanese mythology know if this is something known about her? She follows up by saying she never told anyone about this, so it didn't get passed on, but I'm sure there must be some source that inspired Sakurai to make Shuten leave Japan, (probably) travel through the Silk Road, and then come back.

I feel like this is syncretism stuff. Is she a Rakshasa?

When you think about it Gae Bolg alternative is pointless because you're pinning someone by hitting them with a spear, so you can hit them with a spear.

Why not just hit them with one spear to kill them in the first place?

Blog Entries
    most likely that the first spear doesnt really pierce the enemy
    the exact word is "sewing" them in space

like its probably more of a conceptual shit and not physical stabbing

So how much knowledge does a servant have on the modern world? How does the grail get this information? Was it created by the grailmakers? Can this information be warped by said makers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    So how much knowledge does a servant have on the modern world? How does the grail get this information? Was it created by the grailmakers? Can this information be warped by said makers?
    Me and a friend had this discussion recently. The Grail seems to provide every hero with a basic "Package" of information, so it's not like its tailored to the specific hero, like when Iskandar had no idea of the current state of Macedonia.

The basic information seems to include a language set so that they can converse in modern language with their master and others and not have this big barrier in the way, and a general conception of the modern world, but not too specific again, such as when Saber wasn't freaked out by a plane, but still thought it might have a saddle.
    Galleries for Stuff

Blog Entries
    also depends on the current period they are summoned in

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    When you think about it Gae Bolg alternative is pointless because you're pinning someone by hitting them with a spear, so you can hit them with a spear.

Why not just hit them with one spear to kill them in the first place?
    Scathach's a showoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Me and a friend had this discussion recently. The Grail seems to provide every hero with a basic "Package" of information, so it's not like its tailored to the specific hero, like when Iskandar had no idea of the current state of Macedonia.

The basic information seems to include a language set so that they can converse in modern language with their master and others and not have this big barrier in the way, and a general conception of the modern world, but not too specific again, such as when Saber wasn't freaked out by a plane, but still thought it might have a saddle.
    It also seems to give them general knowledge of myths given Diarmuid recognized Excalibur even though he should predate Saber.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I may be looking too much into it but it seems to me like she traveled around a lot before the events of her actual legend.

Does anyone more knowledgeable about Japanese mythology know if this is something known about her? She follows up by saying she never told anyone about this, so it didn't get passed on, but I'm sure there must be some source that inspired Sakurai to make Shuten leave Japan, (probably) travel through the Silk Road, and then come back.

I feel like this is syncretism stuff. Is she a Rakshasa?
    It's a case similar to Tamamo. It's "origin story compilation" by Japanese scholars.

To explain this, just go back and look at Tamamo's story. The actual event of her deeds in Japan is during Heian era (same as Shuten) which is the version of the story most ppl are familiar with, but Japanese scholars did not stop there. They traced the origin story of "a nine tailed fox who posed as a beautiful woman then seduced the ruler to destroy the country" back to around 1000 BCE when Daji story took place, they also traced it to Kalmashapada (ancestor of Rama, also an avatar of Vishnu in some sources) who was cursed to become a rakshasa and devoured his children, attributing the fox possessing his wife as the cause (in Ramayana and Mahabharata he is cursed by another guy). They then trace to around 700 BCE when another similar incident happened in China, where the beautiful Bao Si caused the doom of king You. All that together + the Japan incident made up the complete story of a nine tailed fox rampaging across Asia back in the days, which was used by Nasu.

Similarly, in Shuten case, the actual event of her deeds in Japan is during Heian era, however historians traced similarities of her origin and story of her extermination way back to a chapter in Shiji (Records of the Grand Historian) written by one of China's most famous historian Sima Qian during ~100 BCE. They also found traces of her motif in the novel 補江総白猿伝 (reads: Bujiangzongbaiyuanyun...I think) during the Tang dynasty (around 618-907 AD) as well as 陳巡権梅嶺失妻記 (reads: Chenxunquanmeilingshiqiji...I guess) of the Ming dynasty. One of the speculations also stated that the story might also be inspired by elements back in China's Northern and Southern dynasties era (420-589 AD).

Japanese scholars just love these connections.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    It also seems to give them general knowledge of myths given Diarmuid recognized Excalibur even though he should predate Saber.
    That one is from ascending into the Throne of Heroes though.

So how does the grail acquire this information? Also who designed this portion of the grail?