Page 6963 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 5963646368636913695369586961696269636964696569686973701370637463 ... LastLast
Results 139,241 to 139,260 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In the Grand Order OVA, Caster!Cú appears suddenly inside a ring of blue light. Is that just a different visual effect for Servants materialising in their physical form, or is it some form of teleportation / spatial transportation / what-have-you?

It's probably a visual effect. I don't really see runes doing spatial transportation. Maybe if he had more irish druidism stuff? considering they can pull off some crazy stuff.

I want to see Fionn use his magecraft more speaking of.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, how old is Touko? Because Alba's, like, fifty or something, and they were at school together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    It's probably a visual effect. I don't really see runes doing spatial transportation. Maybe if he had more irish druidism stuff? considering they can pull off some crazy stuff.

I want to see Fionn use his magecraft more speaking of.
    dont know if it is teleportation but Scatch does use a rune meant for escaping combat in America and gets away from Cu alter with the rest of us that way

- - - Updated - - -

2 things

when you raishift, does your body go to the past or does it stay in the pod like with Olga?

also, how exactly did the regalia allow us to hurt Sefar? always found it weird because Sefar is supposed to negate anything born from logic and intellect

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Hey, how old is Touko? Because Alba's, like, fifty or something, and they were at school together.
    She's 20 in Mahoyo
    Spoiler:
    [Aozaki Touko (undersurface)] - 【Aozaki Touko - Design Notes】
    During the time of producing the Anime-version, I decided to alter the design she had in the Doujin-paper book.
    As a result of thinking again in my own special way of a correct design for Touko, I harmonized more with a relatively ordinary living, beautiful big sister-type who's good at her work, than a magician who gives the impression of separating herself from this transient world.
    By the way, I think you will understand the reason why her hair was short in the doujin version, if you'll be able to see Mahoutsukai no Yoru.
    While wearing her glasses, her facial expression is calm and kind.
    When she's taking them of, her facial expression is very cruel.
    Touko "offered" her long hair to Lugh Beowulf to be able to form a contract with a beast of his rank. This should have secured a complete success until Soujuurou beat the hell out of this werewolf. Also, 20-year-worth of hair is significant. The worth of a female magus' hair was emphasized during Aoko's fight with the Snark. It's a female magus' best possible weapon/ingredient/item as it can amplify spells and such. This is why should Touko lose in her fight with Aoko (in which she did lose), there's no way she can plan a comeback because she has exhausted her resources already. (hair and money alike)

So that would make her like 30's in Fate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    2 things

when you raishift, does your body go to the past or does it stay in the pod like with Olga?
    it stays in the coffin
    Olga died and her mind reishifted
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Note that the Clock Tower is kinda-sorta a university and the age differences can probably get pretty extreme.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Yeah, wasn't Araya 300 or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The woman mage's words lodged in the boy's heart. If he went to the Clock Tower, he thought, he might be able to understand himself. So, he had gone to consult his parents, who had just failed in their fifth assassination plot.
    "I want to leave home and study at the Clock Tower," said the boy. He was not yet ten years old.

As a result, the boy's parents had driven him out by way of ridding themselves of a nuisance — under the pretext of unveiling their wonder child and sending him to the Clock Tower.
    Flat was 10
    Araya was probably a hundred and something before he joined.
    So it just really depends
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Was Araya able to live as long as he did without resorting to a Soul Jar or something due to some magical Buddhist practices or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Was Araya able to live as long as he did without resorting to a Soul Jar or something due to some magical Buddhist practices or something?
    He's had multiple bodies. So pretty much the same as Zouken.
    Shiki killed him before he had time to make another one.

inb4 speculation but that's probably how he gave kirie a second body, because he knew how to make them

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't Sakura in the Apocrypha timeline have her natural hair color instead of purple? or maybe she'd just dye it blonde...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    dont know if it is teleportation but Scatch does use a rune meant for escaping combat in America and gets away from Cu alter with the rest of us that way

- - - Updated - - -

2 things

also, how exactly did the regalia allow us to hurt Sefar? always found it weird because Sefar is supposed to negate anything born from logic and intellect
    You don't need Regalia to fight Sefar, Karna did it solo in his ending. The Regalia act as a powerup in the first three routes and Nero uses their fused form and the Sword of Mars so she can hurt Velber-01 directly (in Venus mode).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate route
    So that must be what they mean by heroic spirits being a copy.

It's like a clone made from their DNA.
    The 'heroic spirit' that has complete abilities and memories of when it was alive will appear in this world and learn many things. But it is useless.

They have no way to return to the main body, but merely disappear.
    So no matter how many times they are summoned into the same age, there will be no inconsistencies in their memories.

I assume the ones that became heroic spirits will not change anymore.
    Even if they obtain new knowledge, the self that learns it will just disappear once the duty is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMIII
    Heroic Spirits are beings cut off from the time axis and can be summoned in any era, regardless of past and future. However, the only one that can summon the main body of the Heroic Spirits is the "world", and alas, humans can't summon the main body and can only summon their emanations, the Servants. Speaking of which, the information (souls) making up the Servants return to the main body at the same time as the death of the Servant, and the main body can know, as records, about the actions of the Servants as if reading a book.
    So the info goes back to the main body but no servant remembers previous wars due to them being copies except for special cases like Artoria.

But servants are summoned from the main body so does the grail pick and choose what knowledge to supply the servant with?

US Friend Code
    They make it so they don't have any knowledge because as they exist outside of time if they had it they would know the outcome of the how they are taking part of.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    I mean, the Ghost Liner is "Boundary Recording Band" which records recollection of past phenomenon. so I would assume a summoning system will select some of those recorded stuff like you cut out some part of the film, shove into a container and call it a day. Which means for a system designed for battle royale like a HGW, they will make sure the game is "fair" by censoring spoilers from the movie.

Are there any differences between the "Runes of Origin" Cú Chulainn uses and the Primordial Runes Scáthach and Brynhild use?

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In the Grand Order OVA, Caster!Cú appears suddenly inside a ring of blue light. Is that just a different visual effect for Servants materialising in their physical form, or is it some form of teleportation / spatial transportation / what-have-you?
    The reason I ask is because not only is the visual effect different, but Cú also appears inside Lancer!Medusa's chain ring without disturbing it and without being noticed by either her or Mash (something I imagine wouldn't happen if he had just walked up to there in spirit form).

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    same kanji

- - - Updated - - -

assuming we're talking post interlude Cu Caster?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    same kanji

- - - Updated - - -

assuming we're talking post interlude Cu Caster?
    All versions, really, but I was thinking specifically of original flavour Cú Chulainn.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have primal rune, ancient rune, and normal pleb rune

Normal Cu uses the second
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Ah, ok. So only the Caster version uses the first one, then? Thanks, Castor!