Page 7002 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6002650269026952699269977000700170027003700470077012705271027502 ... LastLast
Results 140,021 to 140,040 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    It's different for different servants

for example I think Musashi's MR is "I cut the magic" or something

the effect is the same though, that being not affected by the magic spell
    I mean Musashi is kinda a bad example though because all her stuff is speshul/different because Musashi.

Like how she has battle continuation ex because "I fight dirty and like to run away if I'm losing".

Saber is also a special case, hence me choosing for another specul case

- - - Updated - - -

The questions is whether the effect is the same, which it is anyway so shrug

Saber is also a special case, hence me choosing for another specul case

- - - Updated - - -

The questions is whether the effect is the same, which it is anyway so shrug
    so not all of them are like sabers where she has the barrier, Like for your example Musashi cuts the spell.
    And if so, does it all resist the magic at the same level. Like if their magic resistance is A It will Stop all high-thaumaturgies? Like sabers. or no.

And how would u damage a seravnt like that with magecraft? is there something past high thaumaturgies you can hit them with?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    so not all of them are like sabers where she has the barrier, Like for your example Musashi cuts the spell.
    And if so, does it all resist the magic at the same level. Like if their magic resistance is A It will Stop all high-thaumaturgies? Like sabers. or no.

And how would u damage a seravnt like that with magecraft? is there something past high thaumaturgies you can hit them with?
    Yes, Rank EX Spells, like Semiramis beamus inside her palace

MR A, spells of A and below are a no no, but above are a-okay
    MR B, spells of B and below are a no no, but above are a-okay

its why casters are generally not great in a HGW
    some magecraft/magic is strong enough or has different properties, think of Semi's EX blasts, or how MR against Tamamo is circumvented cuz her use of curses (tho Mizu can explain that better than I ever could)
    There's plenty of magic that doesn't need to target the servant directly, stuff like that can work, targetting the master should work, lots of stuff couldbe done, but options tend to limit themselves when a historical sword wielding hero charges you

the strongest weapon then, is planning

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you have Archer making swords and Medea buffing her assassinhusbando, that stuff works too

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Yes, Rank EX Spells, like Semiramis beamus inside her palace
    But an Ex Rank spell doesnt mean it would be something Other then a high thaumaturgy, A rank magic resistance says it cancels A rank spells and High thaumaturgies.
    because its an Ex spell its over high thaumaturgy??

EX>A in this case at least, ye

its not your average cray cray servant with ME EX (C), its just a super powerful blast send from a flying NP fortress

EX>A in this case at least, ye
    mmm mk.
    And semiramis can only cast Ex rank spells With The gardens correct?

are Ex rank spells something special? Or can a good magus make them.

I'm going to go with 'just maybe with like years upon years of work and building up your magic with some plot device'
    but really no, a good magus probably can't whip it up

Magic Users like Schweinorg tho

I'm going to go with 'just maybe with like years upon years of work and building up your magic with some plot device'
    but really no, a good magus probably can't whip it up

Magic Users like Schweinorg tho
    I assume medea could? She throws A's out like nothing so with some cast time presumibly Ex is possible.
    Maybe even her lightning thing in Hollow that took cast time was Ex. Just maybe

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey! so question.
    so according to this
    "It's not that her MR is sophisticated or anything.

What Sabre does to resist spells is similar to what magi do: fill your circuits with prana and repel the spells thrown at you. Everyone can do it, except when Sabre does it, it is MR Rank A.

It all comes down to the Dragon Nuclear Reactor being totally imba."
    Magic resistance isnt just " I repel spell becuz i do" its more like theres an actual reason?
    So Lets say someone else has a magic resistance of A, Would it have the same affects as sabers?
    Thats not MR, thats 抗魔力
    MR is 対魔力

The former is plebeian magic resistance
    The latter is capital Magic Resistance
    Last edited by castor212; November 10th, 2018 at 09:27 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Thats not MR, thats 抗魔力
    MR is 対魔力

Hmmm?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Thats not MR, thats 抗魔力
    MR is 対魔力

Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    Artoria boasts the greatest rank of resistance to magic among the Servants. She is capable of completely neutralizing high thaumaturgy involving magic circles and instant contracts. Even modern magi of the highest level cannot wound her directly with magic. Artoria is even able to resist a command of action powered by one use of a Command Spell. Such is the extraordinary rank of her Magic Resistance, sufficient to shake the very foundation of the Servant system. If the opponent is someone who attacks with magic, Artoria will charge without fear and decide the battle in one fell sweep.
    Also, per her "Pendragon" name, Artoria possesses the element of the Red Dragon, charged with the task of protecting the kingdom. She carries the very magical power of the dragon. This humongous magical power is also the source of Artoria's Magic Resistance. Because she possesses characteristics of a dragon, Artoria would have difficulty against beings such as Siegfried, who are associated with tales of "dragon slaying." If she is targeted by "dragon slaying magic," it is possible that Magic Resistance will not function to its full extent.

In the story, Artoria retained her Magic Resistance of A while having Emiya Shirou and Rin as Masters, regardless of the difference in power and attributes. On the other hand, while having Matou Sakura as her Master, her Magic Resistance decreased to B as a result of Blackening.
    Magic resistance is a blanket that includes that pleb stuff too.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I assume medea could? She throws A's out like nothing so with some cast time presumibly Ex is possible.
    Maybe even her lightning thing in Hollow that took cast time was Ex. Just maybe
    see you said 'a good magus'
    that's a label I wouldn't give to Medea, but people like Rin or El-Melloi

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm?
    Artoria has special circumstances, but really the effect is the same

see you said 'a good magus'
    that's a label I wouldn't give to Medea, but people like Rin or El-Melloi

- - - Updated - - -

Artoria has special circumstances, but really the effect is the same
    mmm? and why is that (to ur first statement)

mmm? and why is that (to ur first statement)
    well for one, good is an understatement
    and magus feels like the wrong word

JP Friend Code
    The reason why Zurvan said the effect is the key, is that for some servants they get additional things, such as not!Benkei can resist Japanese curses better than the other with his MR. Certain servants can replicate the effect of MR through their own magic or skills such as Cu with runes. Karna's armor reduces all damage in addition to his MR. Siegfried has no MR skill cuz he got his armor, and his armor basically functions as a sort of MR. Tamamo can resist certain curses simply because "a curse expert will know how to deal with curse"...etc. While yes most of the time MR works more or less the same for everyone, it doesn't mean they all will repel the same type/rank of spells, some will be able to do more specific stuffs by combining with their other abilities.

well for one, good is an understatement
    and magus feels like the wrong word
    oof, ? if not a magus then what.
    though there is quite a difference.
    dont modern magus have to Do incantations and stuff to like hypnotise their magic circuits into xyz
    While medea is more like A wizard you'd play in a game.
    You have the skill and you can use it simply because you can.

i-is that a question or are you just thinking out loud at this point, muttering what you already know?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Magic resistance is a blanket that includes that pleb stuff too.
    Yeah but while their effects the same but its not like that two is one and the same in mechanism

normal magic resistance usable by anyone with magic ciecuit capacity has the filling circuit with maryoku to reject external maryoku, but Servant style Magic Resistance is pretty much just that, resistance
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3