Page 7058 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6058655869587008704870537056705770587059706070637068710871587558 ... LastLast
Results 141,141 to 141,160 of 157501

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    RIP

(thanks)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Considering Kiritsugu's infamy from his time as the Magus Killer, do we ever see times where the name "Emiya" regarding Shirou gets him in potential trouble, due to Kiritisugu's infamy, beyond Zouken, Illya, & Kirei?

Because I notice it seems like there doesn't seem to be real danger Shirou gets thrown into attached to the name "Emiya", beyond those three, even though we have stuff like Tokiomi mentioning to Kirei about how infamous the Magus Killer is.

Hell Rin didn't even seem to know how Kiritsugu was. Granted one can say it's because she's only a teenager and forced to be the Second Owner and all that at a much younger age than usual, and has Kotomine to "teach" her on stuff like this but do we know how widely know the name "Emiya" was for the Magus Killer?

I mean is there any mention in other stuff about it, like Touko or Luvia or whoever commenting on Kiritsugu?
    Last edited by warellis; January 20th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It doesn't seem all that likely. Remember that Kerry 'retired' about ten years before Zero, showed up for the HGW, and then proceeded to die quietly in the Ass-End of nowhere.

after 20 years most people have probably forgotten that one asshole that was slightly better at killing Magi then all the other assholes.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Magi in general also have very scarce loyalty towards each other.

As long as this guy isn't killing anyone else anymore, and he's too far away to be worth the effort of going there to wipe him out, most magi won't give a flip about all the other magi he killed, and certainly not enough as to look for revenge or justice when they can be doing other things with their time.

I mean if I was like a biologist and I heard that there was someone else going around killing historians and then he disappeared then I probably wouldn't really go out of my way to find him. Replace biologist with anything and you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    It doesn't seem all that likely. Remember that Kerry 'retired' about ten years before Zero, showed up for the HGW, and then proceeded to die quietly in the Ass-End of nowhere.

after 20 years most people have probably forgotten that one asshole that was slightly better at killing Magi then all the other assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Magi in general also have very scarce loyalty towards each other.

As long as this guy isn't killing anyone else anymore, and he's too far away to be worth the effort of going there to wipe him out, most magi won't give a flip about all the other magi he killed, and certainly not enough as to look for revenge or justice when they can be doing other things with their time.
    But would potentially there be people who connect Shirou with Kiritsugu on hearing the name "Emiya?" It seems like we don't really see that even with Luvia.

I ask this because I'm helping someone with writing something and they have a character suddenly connect Shirou with Kiritsugu due to the name "Emiya", when he introduces himself, which struck me as weird because in canon we don't really see the connection pop up much if it all.

The author says it was more a "lucky guess" but I don't know if most magi, even ones like the Edelfelts, would really remember the name Emiya much or not, so that's why I asked here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean if I was like a biologist and I heard that there was someone else going around killing historians and then he disappeared then I probably wouldn't really go out of my way to find him. Replace biologist with anything and you get the idea.
    Yeah but in your biologist case, imagine if some guy shows up where you work having the same last name as the guy who was going around killing historians around 10-20 years ago. Would you be thinking "Oh shit is this guy connected with that guy who went around killing all those historians?" And possibly comment on it to some colleague or try to keep tabs on the same-last-name guy?
    Last edited by warellis; January 20th, 2019 at 10:06 PM.

Even in real life, most children of professional killers don't end up becoming professional killers themselves. Besides, were Shirou one for real, logic indicates the last thing he'd do while walking among magi who would be their targets is keeping the Emiya name.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Even in real life, most children of professional killers don't end up becoming professional killers themselves. Besides, were Shirou one for real, logic indicates the last thing he'd do while walking among magi who would be their targets is keeping the Emiya name.
    So generally one would assume magi aren't going to connect his last name with the last name of Kiritsugu, correct? Or even really remember the whole "Magus Killer" thing I assume?

"He said his name was Emiya."

"So?"

"Well, it's the same name as Emiya Kiritsugu's."

"Who?"

"You know. The Magus Killer."

"Well, you know I can't keep up with complicated names like those, Heterocactus!" said Michicolino Bragadoccia Elezabeth Pun-Pun.

Alright thanks.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    One thing that should be noted is that Sigma in FSF Volume 3 or 4 stated Kiritsugu was a legend in the freelancer community and that's the only reason he knew the name of the man who his mother accompanied in the Fourth Grail War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    One thing that should be noted is that Sigma in FSF Volume 3 or 4 stated Kiritsugu was a legend in the freelancer community and that's the only reason he knew the name of the man who his mother accompanied in the Fourth Grail War.
    "I don't know if it's the truth, but I'm told she participated in a Grail War in the far East as a mage's assistant and died. The mage was called Emiya Kiritsugu."
    "The fact that you remember the mage's name clearly means you must have some feelings on the matter."
    "Does it? I wonder. I don't know anything about their relationship except that she was his assistant. I don't even know my mother's name or what she looked like. I only know Emiya Kiritsugu's name because he's considered a legend among mercenaries who use magecraft."
    He had been a freelance mage of remarkable ability, known and feared by the nickname "mage killer." He had completed dangerous missions one after another all across the globe, until the Einzberns had hired him. Sigma had heard from his employer that the man had won through to the endgame of the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki, although Sigma's mother had supposedly lost her life in the process.
    "Only... If my mother followed that man of her own free will, I'm a little jealous of her."
    Norikata is academia famous
    Kiritsugu is magecraft assassin famous

seems niche enough that most magi would be like "maybe heard that name somewhere but forget where"

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 shirou is foodie insta famous
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Norikata is academia famous
    Kiritsugu is magecraft assassin famous

seems niche enough that most magi would be like "maybe heard that name somewhere but forget where"
    True, but all I wanted to say is that he does have a lasting reputation, even if only among freelancers, so one of those guys who met Shirou might immediately make the connection, even if most magi would react like you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Does F/SN timeline have no connection to FGO timeline at all?

Does Chaldea and stuff exist in F/SN? And does humanity eradication happen in F/SN timeline as well with no one realizing it until it's fixed?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post

Does Chaldea and stuff exist in F/SN? And does humanity eradication happen in F/SN timeline as well with no one realizing it until it's fixed?
    Assuming that Clocktower 2015 takes place in a F/SN-esque timeline, the incineration is prevented by Lev committing suicide before Flauros can take over. Don't ask about Cosmos in the Lostbelt, though, 'cause I don't know.

Otherwise, well, not particularly. F/GO has a single Fuyuki Holy Grail War in 2004 that Marisbilly wins, and he wishes for enough money to make Chaldea. They also get help by Atlas because Sion has relevant stuff as her personal apocalyptic Atlas-bugbear, and if the incineration or bleaching don't happen then there's no reason for her to help the Animuspheres with their various future-telling gadgets.

The Animusphere family still exist, a young Olga shows up in Case Files, but I'm unsure if they'd actually be able to found Chaldea without all that.

There's kind of a connection through all of the Psuedo-Servants, and the F/SN Servants have the relevant memories and talk about them sometimes (Cu still dislikes EMIYA and Gil, for instance), but I think that's pretty much it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So, in FGO timeline, the grail is pure and no Angra stuff is at play?

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post

Not really, no.

There are hints like Saber rememebering Shirou, though she does not name drop him, or his home, but that could be the Throne of Heroes and how it works at play. Or like Cu not liking Archer or Gil.

Basically, the heroes remember things or not whenever one or the other is convenient for the plot or the gag at hand or not.

In the case of waifus, husbandos are remembered just enough as to not make insecure fans of the former husbandos feel Netorared, which tends to happen every time the waifus graze hands with another man, but also not firmly enough as to make insecure fans projecting themselves into Cardboard Cutout feel threatened in their masculine superiority over their predecessors either.

Blog Entries
    You say that but tamamo’s meta skill is high enough she straight up friend zoned hakuno, and it’s pretty clear she does so because she remembers fate extra and is staying loyal.

to be fair, again, that level of meta is arguably unique to fluffy tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Gudao, Tobias.